Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Purple 11:24 - Mar 18 with 885 viewsTheOldOakTree

Why?
Purple on 11:55 - Mar 18 with 860 viewsTheOldOakTree

My mistake, it's "Dark Raisin", combined with "Sesame" for the logos FFS.

I wouldn't argue that it looks nice and will make the FA loads of cash and I guess it will suit any bleached blonde lioness, but WTF has it got to do with England?

(Other than matching the complexion of a Reform voting Boomer)
[Post edited 18 Mar 11:57]
Purple on 12:33 - Mar 18 with 820 viewsTheOldOakTree

The unconventional side panels’ which feature seven different colours are ‘a nod to English fashion’.

Milan - Paris - Peckham

They're that much of a nod to English fashion that we got an American firm to make them.
Purple on 17:15 - Mar 18 with 779 viewsthrillseeker

Both home & away kits are awful

England need to dump Nike as manufacturer.
Purple on 18:25 - Mar 18 with 759 viewsfranksic1988

It meets all requirements…. Men can wear it, Women can wear it, Transgenders can wear it …. Purple it is 😂😂😂😂
Purple on 18:57 - Mar 18 with 750 viewsTheOldOakTree

Purple on 18:25 - Mar 18 by franksic1988

It meets all requirements…. Men can wear it, Women can wear it, Transgenders can wear it …. Purple it is 😂😂😂😂

You’ve hit the nail on the head there. One shirt fits all, but women’s football is for women, they like to dress pretty, which is fair enough. Don’t try and have a shirt for girlies and expect the men to wear the same.

In women’s tennis, they wear skirts or dresses, the men wear shorts. It’s not hard. You wouldn’t expect Andy Murray to turn up in a dress, despite the fact it would probably suit him.

Oi NIKE, the St. George Cross is red on white. We tolerate dark blue shorts. Where the chuff did Dark Raisin and Sesame appear from, with a colour chart puke down the side for good measure?

We don’t have the rainbow flag as our national standard just yet.

So let’s have the men in a red ‘geezers’ shirt and white shorts and the women in a red girlie number (perhaps a floral print of red roses).
[Post edited 18 Mar 18:59]
Purple on 19:11 - Mar 18 with 732 viewsTheOldOakTree

This is what a women's footie shirt looks like

https://www.unisportstore.com/football-shirts/france-home-shirt-womens-euro-2022

It's what they like to wear, which is fair enough it's their game, but you wouldn't send Mbappe out in one would you? So why are we expecting 'arry to wear a half baked girls shirt?
[Post edited 18 Mar 19:14]
Purple on 00:11 - Mar 19 with 672 viewswessex_exile

Purple on 19:11 - Mar 18 by TheOldOakTree

This is what a women's footie shirt looks like

https://www.unisportstore.com/football-shirts/france-home-shirt-womens-euro-2022

It's what they like to wear, which is fair enough it's their game, but you wouldn't send Mbappe out in one would you? So why are we expecting 'arry to wear a half baked girls shirt?
[Post edited 18 Mar 19:14]

“It’s what they like to wear” - seriously, give your head a wobble TOOT. Perhaps, and let’s just throw this out there as a concept, female footballers can choose to wear what the hell they like playing the game, rather than what men decide they should. Skirts - honestly?!

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Purple on 02:38 - Mar 19 with 667 viewsfranksic1988

Purple on 18:57 - Mar 18 by TheOldOakTree

You’ve hit the nail on the head there. One shirt fits all, but women’s football is for women, they like to dress pretty, which is fair enough. Don’t try and have a shirt for girlies and expect the men to wear the same.

In women’s tennis, they wear skirts or dresses, the men wear shorts. It’s not hard. You wouldn’t expect Andy Murray to turn up in a dress, despite the fact it would probably suit him.

Oi NIKE, the St. George Cross is red on white. We tolerate dark blue shorts. Where the chuff did Dark Raisin and Sesame appear from, with a colour chart puke down the side for good measure?

We don’t have the rainbow flag as our national standard just yet.

So let’s have the men in a red ‘geezers’ shirt and white shorts and the women in a red girlie number (perhaps a floral print of red roses).
[Post edited 18 Mar 18:59]

Don’t worry that was sarcastic from me. I’m 100% not a fan of the purple or this blended hybrid mash up of men/women/ or what ever else is floating about being bunged together. Why they even thought it was a good idea to make the kit that colour fu*k knows ! Red or white ( our national colours ) it should always be. The women should have a white shirt with red lipstick prints on it 😉 that would make a unique shirt.
Login to get fewer ads

Purple on 08:58 - Mar 22 with 548 viewsbwildered

England's new £125 football kit for the European Championship has sparked a major row over a multicoloured St George's Cross on the back of the shirt collar, with Sir Keir Starmer leading calls for it to be changed to traditional red.

Let’s face it , it’s all about the money .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Purple on 09:42 - Mar 22 with 542 viewsthrillseeker

Purple on 08:58 - Mar 22 by bwildered

England's new £125 football kit for the European Championship has sparked a major row over a multicoloured St George's Cross on the back of the shirt collar, with Sir Keir Starmer leading calls for it to be changed to traditional red.

Let’s face it , it’s all about the money .

I haven't purchased an England shirt since 1996 but £125 for a shirt is unbelievable!

On topic of the flag on the shirt - the St George flag should be the traditional colours. This multicoloured Cross is appalling.

Another Nike marketing error

The bigger issue is who in the FA approved this controversial change?
[Post edited 22 Mar 9:43]
Purple on 10:26 - Mar 22 with 517 viewsTheOldOakTree

Purple on 09:42 - Mar 22 by thrillseeker

I haven't purchased an England shirt since 1996 but £125 for a shirt is unbelievable!

On topic of the flag on the shirt - the St George flag should be the traditional colours. This multicoloured Cross is appalling.

Another Nike marketing error

The bigger issue is who in the FA approved this controversial change?
[Post edited 22 Mar 9:43]

As someone who’s not over patriotic, I still have respect and pride for my home country’s flag.

How an American company can have the arrogance and cheek to change another nations flag because it doesn’t suit their shit design, is quite staggering. Can you imaging if anyone changed the stars and stripes? The patriots would go into meltdown. You just don’t do it, it is a simple matter of respect.

When people like me, who are normally slightly to the left of centre, start agreeing with the six bob knob Lee Anderson or Farage, then clearly something is very, very wrong.

You don’t have to pay £125, you can get a cheaparse ‘stadium’ version for £85. Or alternatively, like me, you can tell them to shove it and spend your money on beer.

M@talan can produce a sports shirt, transport it to their shops, pay rent, rates and staff costs and sell it for £17 and still make a profit.

OK the poor soul that made it was paid peanuts, but do you think Nike pay more to their workers who make the £125 shirt?

We’ve been mugged off, more and more, for years and if people buy this one, the next one will be £150.
[Post edited 22 Mar 11:02]
Purple on 12:32 - Mar 22 with 472 viewsTheOldOakTree

Purple on 00:11 - Mar 19 by wessex_exile

“It’s what they like to wear” - seriously, give your head a wobble TOOT. Perhaps, and let’s just throw this out there as a concept, female footballers can choose to wear what the hell they like playing the game, rather than what men decide they should. Skirts - honestly?!

Wessex, I must have made a poor job of trying to put my point across. I never said that women should wear skirts to play football, that would be ridiculous, I was using tennis as an example of life in 2024.

I have no authority to speak on behalf of women, but I can say what I see. If you Google women’s golf and look at the images and then Google men’s golf and look at the images, do the same for tennis.

It is an undisputable fact that on average, when women play sport, they choose to dress more (I can’t be arsed to think of a politically correct way of saying this) …. they choose to dress more ‘girly’ than your average bloke who almost always chooses to dress more ‘blokey’.

You would be hard pushed to find a women playing sport who chooses to dress exactly like your average man.

Why is this? My assumption is that ‘it’s what they like to wear’.

Now if you Google Fara Williams MBE (the most capped lioness) what has she chosen to wear to collect her gong? Is she wearing a morning suit, tie and top hat? Mary Earps collecting her SPOTY award, is she dressed like David Beckham?

The Lionesses, have they all got crew cuts and Love & Hate tattooed on their knuckles? No, they’ve got long hair, paint their nails and dress girly when they’ve not playing football.

Shock, horror, it appears that sometimes women like being women, they don’t want to be men, they just want the same opportunities and yes, to be able to wear a skirt or dress if they feel like it and to play football if they want to.

This is Fara, when she’s not playing football. I don’t dress like that, do you?

So, based on the evidence before us, why would a shirt manufacturer or the FA or anyone else think that women want to dress like men when they play football or that men want to prance around in dark raisin with sesame trim an a multicoloured side panel that’s a nod to English fashion? It doesn’t fit with the way your average man or woman behaves when they have free choice. It doesn’t fit with other sports.

There can only be two reasons and I suspect it’s a mixture of both.

The bean counters have realised that one shit unisex shirt is cheaper for them and they will make more money.

The other possible reason is that some clown thinks the world will be a better place if we all dress the same because somewhere, someone is not happy going with the flow.

When the will of a small minority is imposed on everyone else, it’s natural for the masses to move in the opposite direction. It is hardly any wonder that more and more people are being steered towards listening to the likes of Piers Morgan, Julie Hatred Spewer, Katie Hopkins etc.

Camp footie shirts, and rainbow St. George crosses, FFS they’ll have me joining Reform UK at this rate.

The FA are making it difficult for any young lady that just wants to play football and stay female. How is making them dress like Harry Kane going to encourage them?
[Post edited 22 Mar 12:53]
Purple on 16:37 - Mar 22 with 424 viewsbwildered

The Football Association has defended the new England shirt despite a backlash after Nike changed the colour of the St George's Cross.

Sky Sports News has been told the governing body has no intention of withdrawing the controversial kit.

Perhaps next time change to lions to dodos 🦤.

Purple on 09:06 - Mar 23 with 380 viewsbwildered

The FA executive who approved the controversial changes to the England flag on the home shirt left Wembley last year. The FA's former commercial director Navin Singh is now chief commercial officer of Six Nations Rugby.

Purple on 10:52 - Mar 23 with 368 viewsTheOldOakTree

Purple on 09:06 - Mar 23 by bwildered

The FA executive who approved the controversial changes to the England flag on the home shirt left Wembley last year. The FA's former commercial director Navin Singh is now chief commercial officer of Six Nations Rugby.

Blame the last person that left, how original! I'm sure no one else was involved.

I expect that the shirts have all arrived in the UK from some third world sweatshop, so it will be far too late to change the design now.

I look forward to the Six Nations Guinness harp being replaced with a banjo.
[Post edited 23 Mar 11:03]
Purple on 11:15 - Mar 23 with 346 viewsTheOldOakTree

Purple on 09:06 - Mar 23 by bwildered

Classy of the FA to throw him under the bus. Queue the rabid right wing press:

"If Mr Singh doesn't like Englands flag why doesn't he f-off and live elsewhere"

In fairness, it is not an exaggeration to say that hundreds of thousands of people have died so that we can fly the St. Georges Cross over England.

So, Navid (aka Mr Scapegoat), I'd keep your head down for a few weeks if I were you. Tommys boys at the EDL are going to be a little miffed with you.

Obviously if we win the Euro's then we will all be wearing the rainbow cross for the next 50 years.

We could send the chaps at the FA some french strip to wear. Shirts with a massive cock would suit them.
[Post edited 23 Mar 11:25]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024