Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
And now you're gonna believe us, the U's are staying up! 21:35 - Apr 19 with 2322 viewsdurham_exile

Meadow Lane on Saturday and over the years I have seen some topsy turvy games there.

One such was in the 2016/17 season. We were towards the upper reaches of league Two whilst Notts County were fighting for survival. We took the lead and then the Magpies found some form in front of just over 6,000 supporters. They scored three and each time the tannoy played “The Great Escape” theme tune.

Time for the rejuvenated DC inspired U’s to turn the tables and achieve consecutive doubles over first Grimsby and now Notts County in the same week. Scoreline 3-1 to the U’s of course.

Courtesy of iFollow I watched the Grimsby game on Tuesday night. The U’s deservedly won the game and Big John scored an absolute peach of a goal after Hops sublime chip started the scoring.

Salford 44 47
Grimsby 44 46
COL U 43 44
Sutton 44 40
FGR 44 36 Relegated

Earlier in the season the U’s won a pulsating game against the former league leaders 5-4 and since then County’s fortunes have nose-dived. Stuart Maynard is their new manager but the blame for their collapse doesn’t lie with him alone. Despite Macaulay Langstaff and David McGoldrick and the U’s Richard Brindley they only have the beach to enjoy this summer. Of course, Gerry’s favourite Sam Slocombe may be between the sticks up to his feline tricks! The Goalkeepers’ Union has come to the fore on many occasions when Slocombe is between the sticks.

Frankly I care not what the Magpies get up to; Saturday is all about the U’s and getting the job done. A win and it matters not what Sutton manage at home to their local rivals.

And I think the U’s deserve to stay up. Despite a wretched season we could win our remaining games and finish on 53 points.

RC has money for the Brothers to spend next season. Now I’m not going to introduce any negativity at this stage only to say that others will have been watching the success of DC and NC and we must ensure that they are not lured away from the JCS. Now I’ve mentioned it and that’s all I’m saying on the subject.

Discipline has been dodgy of late; that either means the players are fully up for the fight or they are overzealous in the challenges or physicality. Dave Artell said we were over physical on Tuesday; I would prefer to say that DC has introduced some streetwise football. For too long we have been guilty of playing neat, controlled football with no end product. DC has had heart to heart discussions with some players to sort out the necessity for controlled aggression and a resilience amongst the squad.

At Wolves after losing the first leg of the play offs 2-0 at Layer Road we drew 0-0 at Molineux (Tony Adcock) was playing so that dates the game. A Wolverhampton Wanderers supporter said to me after the game that we had played well and perhaps deserved to win on the night but added wryly you’ll never get promoted though unless you introduce some steel into your play.

So, Samson Tovide is joined in the sin bin by Tom Dallison and both won’t play any more this season. Alistair Smith might be out injured; therefore, DC needs to make a couple of changes along these lines:

Hornby

Richardson Kells Hall

Fevrier Mingi Read McGeehan Iandolo

Akinde Hopper

Subs
Chilvers Goodman Harbottle Ihionvien Jay Wilkinson Anderson (if fit)

Jay Mingi has been a revelation at the back and then his forays forward have been outstanding so bring him back to midfield and give him free rein.

Weather in Nottingham will be 9 degrees Celsius cloudy with sunny intervals and dry.

Now there could be close on 1000 of the faithful at the game including Wessex, Mr and Mrs Witham, TOOT, Noah and Gerry the Cat.

Should be a carnival atmosphere and it is important to get the job done tomorrow. Momentum will then carry the U’s to further victories against Donny and Crewe. Finish strongly and send the supporters home happy against the Railwaymen.

3-1 tomorrow with Hops and McGeehan on the scoresheet with perhaps Kells powering in a header like someone else used to do from Centre Back for the U’s.

The party starts at 4:50pm (or for Gerry after 11 minutes of added time!)

Safe journey to all travelling faithful.

Enjoy the game and Up the U’s

DC and NC will be running down the touchline to be with the supporters tomorrow. Brilliant stuff and Connor Hall will lead the celebratory fist pumping.

This is why we support the U’s

Durham_exile

And now you're gonna believe us, the U's are staying up! on 13:30 - Apr 20 with 1697 viewsburnsieespana

Chay Cooper recalled from his loan at Hartlepoool and m8ght be on the bench today.
And now you're gonna believe us, the U's are staying up! on 13:52 - Apr 20 with 1686 viewsMoor_Pinot

And now you're gonna believe us, the U's are staying up! on 13:30 - Apr 20 by burnsieespana

Chay Cooper recalled from his loan at Hartlepoool and m8ght be on the bench today.

Excellent call - the lad has got something and has been overlooked a bit! He'll feature for sure in the new U's.

Moor Pinot

And now you're gonna believe us, the U's are staying up! on 13:52 - Apr 20 with 1686 viewsburnsieespana

Agree
[Post edited 20 Apr 13:53]
And now you're gonna believe us, the U's are staying up! on 14:01 - Apr 20 with 1675 viewsdurham_exile

Good news about Chay Cooper

County pitch is absolutely immaculate. Wouldn't be out of place at the Crucible.

Teams awaited

Durham_exile

And now you're gonna believe us, the U's are staying up! on 14:06 - Apr 20 with 1670 viewsdurham_exile

And now you're gonna believe us, the U's are staying up! on 14:01 - Apr 20 by durham_exile

Good news about Chay Cooper

County pitch is absolutely immaculate. Wouldn't be out of place at the Crucible.

Teams awaited

Dallison Akinde Smith out

Chilvers Harbottle Richardson in

Otherwise as per Grimsby.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

And now you're gonna believe us, the U's are staying up! on 14:14 - Apr 20 with 1667 viewsdurham_exile

And now you're gonna believe us, the U's are staying up! on 14:06 - Apr 20 by durham_exile

Dallison Akinde Smith out

Chilvers Harbottle Richardson in

Otherwise as per Grimsby.

Up the U's

Crewe have collapsed already today.

Chances they they will need something next Saturday.

Let's send them into the buffers.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

And now you're gonna believe us, the U's are staying up! on 14:58 - Apr 20 with 1622 viewsnoah4x4

Bumper turn out by U’s fans.
No food left
No leg room.
Horribly cramped.
But in good voice!
And now you're gonna believe us, the U's are staying up! on 16:02 - Apr 20 with 1575 viewsdurham_exile

And now you're gonna believe us, the U's are staying up! on 14:58 - Apr 20 by noah4x4

Bumper turn out by U’s fans.
No food left
No leg room.
Horribly cramped.
But in good voice!

Great to see you Noah

I managed a cheeseburger before the game.

No excuse for the paucity of food they know the ticket sales.

Plenty to do we want to win this today.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Login to get fewer ads

And now you're gonna believe us, the U's are staying up! on 16:04 - Apr 20 with 1570 viewsgerry_us

And now you're gonna believe us, the U's are staying up! on 16:02 - Apr 20 by durham_exile

Great to see you Noah

I managed a cheeseburger before the game.

No excuse for the paucity of food they know the ticket sales.

Plenty to do we want to win this today.

Up the U's

And the sausage roll was crap.
And now you're gonna believe us, the U's are staying up! on 16:05 - Apr 20 with 1569 viewsnoah4x4

HT, 0-0, the U’s defending well under Magpie pressure, but other than each side hitting the bar, not much in the way of goal scoring opportunities for either. Crawley beating Sutton, so we might be safe irrespective of what happens in Nottingham.

Frankly, I can’t predict the outcome here. A 0-0 draw stalemate might be appropriate based on the first half. However, the U’s are looking a little leggy and weary, the pitch issues and postponements perhaps catching up. But the Magpies have exhausted a lot of energy for no reward. Canny substitutions might determine the outcome.
And now you're gonna believe us, the U's are staying up! on 16:43 - Apr 20 with 1534 viewsdurham_exile

And now you're gonna believe us, the U's are staying up! on 16:05 - Apr 20 by noah4x4

HT, 0-0, the U’s defending well under Magpie pressure, but other than each side hitting the bar, not much in the way of goal scoring opportunities for either. Crawley beating Sutton, so we might be safe irrespective of what happens in Nottingham.

Frankly, I can’t predict the outcome here. A 0-0 draw stalemate might be appropriate based on the first half. However, the U’s are looking a little leggy and weary, the pitch issues and postponements perhaps catching up. But the Magpies have exhausted a lot of energy for no reward. Canny substitutions might determine the outcome.

Att 11037

756 from Colchester

But we need a goal

Durham_exile

And now you're gonna believe us, the U's are staying up! on 16:49 - Apr 20 with 1527 viewsMoor_Pinot

And now you're gonna believe us, the U's are staying up! on 16:43 - Apr 20 by durham_exile

Att 11037

756 from Colchester

But we need a goal

They're tired Durham. Going to do this the hard way I fear .
Sutton winning.
In our weary hands but there'll be a hero somewhere...

Moor Pinot

And now you're gonna believe us, the U's are staying up! on 17:03 - Apr 20 with 1490 viewsMoor_Pinot

And now you're gonna believe us, the U's are staying up! on 16:49 - Apr 20 by Moor_Pinot

They're tired Durham. Going to do this the hard way I fear .
Sutton winning.
In our weary hands but there'll be a hero somewhere...

The hero may have been the Crawley goalscorer. That equaliser makes a lot of difference but streuth we really mustn't be here struggling like this next season.

Moor Pinot

And now you're gonna believe us, the U's are staying up! on 17:14 - Apr 20 with 1457 viewsCrashBandicoot

Shame we couldn't have secured it today, bloody Langstaff... Still a point or better against Doncaster will secure our status.

Poll: Who would you like as next Us head coach

And now you're gonna believe us, the U's are staying up! on 17:36 - Apr 20 with 1410 viewsburnsieespana

Surely we are safe now?
If we were as tied as some of you say why only two subs used?
By my thoughts even if we loose our last two games and Sutton win the final game they need to score 8 or we need to concede at least 8.
DC, NC and RC need to ensure we don't have another season like this!
And now you're gonna believe us, the U's are staying up! on 17:44 - Apr 20 with 1389 viewsfranksic1988

And now you're gonna believe us, the U's are staying up! on 17:36 - Apr 20 by burnsieespana

Surely we are safe now?
If we were as tied as some of you say why only two subs used?
By my thoughts even if we loose our last two games and Sutton win the final game they need to score 8 or we need to concede at least 8.
DC, NC and RC need to ensure we don't have another season like this!

DC and NC are not the answer for next season. If we loose to Doncaster then we really are just staying up by luck. From January to now we have been dragged further into the shit …. I don’t think after 5 months at the club this can been seen as a success at any level.
And now you're gonna believe us, the U's are staying up! on 17:49 - Apr 20 with 1384 viewsnoah4x4

I reckon our pitch, hence resultant postponements and rearrangements contributed to an uncharacteristic, leggy, weary performance. Fortunately Crawley (almost) read the script and Sutton need to reverse a seven goal difference deficit, but with Doncaster scoring for fun, we can’t yet be comfortable.

This has to be the last season of despair. Almost two decades of decline and latterly four appalling seasons is taking its toll on loyal supporters. 765 travelled today. Let’s hope the Cowleys deliver change.
And now you're gonna believe us, the U's are staying up! on 20:50 - Apr 20 with 1191 viewsgerry_us

My MOM was Hornby which tells you a bit about the match as a whole despite us coming quickly out of the blocks....for ten minutes.
The rest was inept, lacking any positive approach as though they did not want to totally confirm survival in front of us 800 travelling supporters, but instead save the absolute final survival for the home support.
If they play as they did today we will be lucky to take any points from the remaining two games.
Come on U's, make me eat my words please.
And now you're gonna believe us, the U's are staying up! on 09:46 - Apr 21 with 992 viewsTheOldOakTree

And now you're gonna believe us, the U's are staying up! on 20:50 - Apr 20 by gerry_us

My MOM was Hornby which tells you a bit about the match as a whole despite us coming quickly out of the blocks....for ten minutes.
The rest was inept, lacking any positive approach as though they did not want to totally confirm survival in front of us 800 travelling supporters, but instead save the absolute final survival for the home support.
If they play as they did today we will be lucky to take any points from the remaining two games.
Come on U's, make me eat my words please.

Doncaster have won their last 8 and scored 4 in each of their last two games (against good sides) and they still need to win on Tuesday, they could also do with greatly improving their goal difference to cement a play-off place. If they watch a video of our tired, lacklustre display, that was devoid of any apparent plan A, never mind a plan B, then they must be thinking that a 0-5 spanking could be on the cards.

The fat lady hasn’t even started to warm up yet.
And now you're gonna believe us, the U's are staying up! on 09:49 - Apr 21 with 989 viewsburnsieespana

And now you're gonna believe us, the U's are staying up! on 09:46 - Apr 21 by TheOldOakTree

Doncaster have won their last 8 and scored 4 in each of their last two games (against good sides) and they still need to win on Tuesday, they could also do with greatly improving their goal difference to cement a play-off place. If they watch a video of our tired, lacklustre display, that was devoid of any apparent plan A, never mind a plan B, then they must be thinking that a 0-5 spanking could be on the cards.

The fat lady hasn’t even started to warm up yet.

Frightening thought!
And now you're gonna believe us, the U's are staying up! on 11:32 - Apr 21 with 943 viewsdurham_exile

And now you're gonna believe us, the U's are staying up! on 09:49 - Apr 21 by burnsieespana

Frightening thought!

When we lost to Donny earlier in the season they were just as abject as the U's.

Just as Sutton threatened a revival with four straight wins Rovers have been on a magnificent run.

However our poor showing yesterday after the first 15 minutes where we threatened much will I hope not be replicated on Tuesday.

Durham_exile

And now you're gonna believe us, the U's are staying up! on 13:28 - Apr 21 with 889 viewsburnsieespana

And now you're gonna believe us, the U's are staying up! on 11:32 - Apr 21 by durham_exile

When we lost to Donny earlier in the season they were just as abject as the U's.

Just as Sutton threatened a revival with four straight wins Rovers have been on a magnificent run.

However our poor showing yesterday after the first 15 minutes where we threatened much will I hope not be replicated on Tuesday.

All runs have to end at some stage Fulham so maybe Tuesday is the day! Oddly enough have a good feeling although as surprised neither Jells or Cooper had t8me on the pitch yesterday but maybe being held for this week!
And now you're gonna believe us, the U's are staying up! on 14:18 - Apr 21 with 874 viewsdurham_exile

And now you're gonna believe us, the U's are staying up! on 13:28 - Apr 21 by burnsieespana

All runs have to end at some stage Fulham so maybe Tuesday is the day! Oddly enough have a good feeling although as surprised neither Jells or Cooper had t8me on the pitch yesterday but maybe being held for this week!

Burnsie I agree plus hopefully Bradley will get some vital minutes.

We must aim to get the job done on Tuesday night.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

And now you're gonna believe us, the U's are staying up! on 15:00 - Apr 21 with 859 viewsMoor_Pinot

And now you're gonna believe us, the U's are staying up! on 14:18 - Apr 21 by durham_exile

Burnsie I agree plus hopefully Bradley will get some vital minutes.

We must aim to get the job done on Tuesday night.

Up the U's

I'm surprised and pleased that we're in with a decent shout at avoiding relegation. I was never convinced it could be done in the four months this management has had.
I take nothing for granted at this stage - nor any other - but I think the clear degree of difficulty extricating Colchester United from the deep pit it's inhabited for years is now evident given the accepted fact that we now have higher quality management in place.

As someone once said to me about a different (health) malaise, " if it's taken a long time coming it'll take a long time going".
The U's decline and fall would challenge anyone and there's clearly no easy quick fix. It's facile to assume that.

If we escape I hope anybody doubting the management will recognise the situation and be as grateful as I to remain in the football league. I see quite clearly that in a results driven arena we don't really deserve to.
Fingers crossed that the players perform this week. The loyal supporters deserve nothing else.

Stay Up the U's

Moor Pinot

And now you're gonna believe us, the U's are staying up! on 15:03 - Apr 21 with 858 viewsbwildered

And now you're gonna believe us, the U's are staying up! on 17:03 - Apr 20 by Moor_Pinot

The hero may have been the Crawley goalscorer. That equaliser makes a lot of difference but streuth we really mustn't be here struggling like this next season.

Should be all over.
The Creepies had a goal disallowed for offside after the equaliser. We wondered at live time the results media had a 2-3 scoresheet .
Let’s not let the Mingers have the satisfaction of doing us a favour .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024