Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
HONOURS LIST - HAPPY/GRUMPY LEAGUE- up to date 8th MAY 2011 16:57 - Aug 9 with 9383 viewsmrhappy

HONOURS LIST

1st happy league WESSEX R-UP DURHAM

2nd happy league DURHAM R-up WESSEX

3rd happy league DREADLOX R-up MR HAPPY

4th happy league GSY163 R-up WESSEX

5th happy league MFB R-up GERRY

6th happy league THRILLSEEKER R-up MFB

7th happy league IOWAPETE R-up THRILLSEEKER

HAPPY CUP:

4th happy cup PANCAB 2-0 Laitty

5th happy cup IOWAPETE 2-1 Laitty

6th happy cup STEVIE 5-2 Gerry

7th happy cup MR HAPPY 4-3 Pancab

CHARITY SHIELD

6th season Charity Shield THRILLSEEKERS 17-8 MFB

7th season Charity Shield IOWAPETE 6-6 THRILLSEEKER (iowa wins virtue of rule 888 - highest placed league finish)

DIVISION ONE WINNERS

4th Happy league - MR HAPPY - R-up BFG

5th Happy League - ARCHIEBUNKER - R-up IOWAPETE

6th Happy League - STEVIE - R-up GOONERDES

7th Happy League - NOAH - R-up COOMSTER

World Rankings:

10 points - Winning the premiership

5 points - Winning the Euro League

5 points - Winning the cup

4 points - runner up premiership

3 points Charity Shield Winner

2 points - runner up Euro League

2 point - runner up cup

2 point - DIV 1 champ

1 point - DIV 1 runner up

1 point - Charity Shield Runner up

WORLD RANKING POINTS:

1. THRILLSEEKER/IOWAPETE - 20

2. WESSEX - 18

3. MFB - 16

4. DURHAM - 14

5. MR HAPPY - 11

6. GSY163 - 10

7. DREADLOX - 10

8. PANCAB/STEVIE - 7

9. GERRY - 6

10. LAITTY -4

11. ARCHIE/NOAH - 2

12. BFG/GOONERDES/COOMSTER - 1

[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

MR HAPPY SAYS BE HAPPY - LIFE IS SHORT - MAKE IT COUNT ! GOD BLESS YOU !
Poll: Derby County - how the mighty have fallen - Rooney the Gooney

HONOURS LIST - HAPPY/GRUMPY LEAGUE- up to date 8th MAY 2011 on 11:11 - Mar 4 with 958 viewsmrhappy

MR BUMP

HONOURS LIST - HAPPY/GRUMPY LEAGUE- up to date 8th MAY 2011 on 04:07 - Apr 18 with 868 viewsBarsidepete

HONOURS LIST - HAPPY/GRUMPY LEAGUE- up to date 8th MAY 2011 on 11:11 - Mar 4 by mrhappy

MR BUMP

The Happy Europa League winner will get a fair 2 more points added. (the secondary comp)

I think Wessex's Champions League is rightly-valued at 5 more points. I'm now going to be administrating the Happy Cup and the Europa League,... and updating the "World Rankings."

I'm not giving Wessex's league anything less than 5 points to the winner. 3 points to the runner-up? that's it.

Also, 3 points for The U'sual PL winner (Daniel's), 2 for second place, 1 point for 3rd.-- No Retroactive points, otherwise I personally would get a few more points (I did win the Champions League once), I have won Daniel's PL before.

edit: grrrrr, stupid frickin iPhone typos.

[Post edited 18 Apr 2016 14:35]

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

HONOURS LIST - HAPPY/GRUMPY LEAGUE- up to date 8th MAY 2011 on 21:45 - May 9 with 784 viewsBarsidepete

As I'm now in charge of the Honours List, the numbers will be crunched in the next day or so.

I said months ago that Daniel's PL winner should get 2 points, but nothing retroactively.

This isn't going to be a huge ripple-effect. So happens I won The U'sual PL for the second time. I'm not giving myself any points for the first time.

I may post a new thread, but still with all winners of comps properly acknowledged. Let MFB and me mull it over.

HONOURS LIST - HAPPY/GRUMPY LEAGUE- up to date 8th MAY 2011 on 12:59 - May 11 with 737 viewsmrhappy

Do I add the points for the final time or leave it .

shalom x

HONOURS LIST - HAPPY/GRUMPY LEAGUE- up to date 8th MAY 2011 on 14:24 - May 11 with 727 viewsBarsidepete

HONOURS LIST - HAPPY/GRUMPY LEAGUE- up to date 8th MAY 2011 on 12:59 - May 11 by mrhappy

Do I add the points for the final time or leave it .

shalom x

No, of course, Haps. Leave it. You're retired

I do believe that Daniel's PL winner should get 2 points (me) and the runner-up 1 point--that's not something I just pulled out of my hat; I said that months ago when I seemed to have no chance of winning The U'sual PL

I also believe the inaugural winner of the Europa League should receive 3 points, the runner-up 1 point. Champions League winner 5 points and 2nd place 3

A new thread will begin, however, so the updated information before next season is straight up in the first post. This thread has gotten cluttered.

I do realize that the rankings are rewarding longevity because anyone who entered only in the last few years will have a lower point total. But so what? It also serves to remind of past legends who no longer participate in our PLs.

Godspeed, Haps

HONOURS LIST - HAPPY/GRUMPY LEAGUE- up to date 8th MAY 2011 on 10:03 - May 12 with 709 viewsmrhappy

OK- Ill just post my final update on a separate thread and bail out gracefully.

shalom.

HONOURS LIST - HAPPY/GRUMPY LEAGUE- up to date 8th MAY 2011 on 14:52 - May 12 with 698 viewsBarsidepete

HONOURS LIST - HAPPY/GRUMPY LEAGUE- up to date 8th MAY 2011 on 10:03 - May 12 by mrhappy

OK- Ill just post my final update on a separate thread and bail out gracefully.

shalom.

Oh shush, nutter. You ain't going anywhere

Who hasn't retired from a PL here and there

HONOURS LIST - HAPPY/GRUMPY LEAGUE- up to date 8th MAY 2011 on 10:54 - May 14 with 672 viewsjonestones

HONOURS LIST - HAPPY/GRUMPY LEAGUE- up to date 8th MAY 2011 on 14:24 - May 11 by Barsidepete

No, of course, Haps. Leave it. You're retired

I do believe that Daniel's PL winner should get 2 points (me) and the runner-up 1 point--that's not something I just pulled out of my hat; I said that months ago when I seemed to have no chance of winning The U'sual PL

I also believe the inaugural winner of the Europa League should receive 3 points, the runner-up 1 point. Champions League winner 5 points and 2nd place 3

A new thread will begin, however, so the updated information before next season is straight up in the first post. This thread has gotten cluttered.

I do realize that the rankings are rewarding longevity because anyone who entered only in the last few years will have a lower point total. But so what? It also serves to remind of past legends who no longer participate in our PLs.

Godspeed, Haps

Should Daniel's league get points in the hall of fame, if not all Usual board members can participate in it?
Login to get fewer ads

HONOURS LIST - HAPPY/GRUMPY LEAGUE- up to date 8th MAY 2011 on 16:29 - May 14 with 652 viewsBarsidepete

HONOURS LIST - HAPPY/GRUMPY LEAGUE- up to date 8th MAY 2011 on 10:54 - May 14 by jonestones

Should Daniel's league get points in the hall of fame, if not all Usual board members can participate in it?

Anyone can participate, so not clear what you mean. Plus it's not that much of a chore. Predict the U's and a scorer.

HONOURS LIST - HAPPY/GRUMPY LEAGUE- up to date 8th MAY 2011 on 08:35 - May 15 with 636 viewsjonestones

HONOURS LIST - HAPPY/GRUMPY LEAGUE- up to date 8th MAY 2011 on 16:29 - May 14 by Barsidepete

Anyone can participate, so not clear what you mean. Plus it's not that much of a chore. Predict the U's and a scorer.

I must have missed the invitation on here to join daniel's league then.
HONOURS LIST - HAPPY/GRUMPY LEAGUE- up to date 8th MAY 2011 on 11:53 - May 15 with 626 viewswessex_exile

HONOURS LIST - HAPPY/GRUMPY LEAGUE- up to date 8th MAY 2011 on 08:35 - May 15 by jonestones

I think you're automatically entered if you're registered for the forum, but possibly just if you've signed up by the start of the season?

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

HONOURS LIST - HAPPY/GRUMPY LEAGUE- up to date 8th MAY 2011 on 15:31 - May 15 with 621 viewsBarsidepete

HONOURS LIST - HAPPY/GRUMPY LEAGUE- up to date 8th MAY 2011 on 08:35 - May 15 by jonestones

Apologies, Jonestones.

I guess someone needs to make an announcement late July. A handful of years ago I happened to stumble upon it. And then, I wasn't immediately a participant.

Indeed, you merely have to be registered, and so far as I understand one can join during any week, even around Boxing Day.

I wonder if Daniel has a list of all past winners. It is, after all, his PL.
[Post edited 15 May 2016 15:32]

HONOURS LIST - HAPPY/GRUMPY LEAGUE- up to date 8th MAY 2011 on 16:06 - May 15 with 612 viewsmrhappy

Bright Spurs my son is a past winner !

Led from start to finish I recall.

HONOURS LIST - HAPPY/GRUMPY LEAGUE- up to date 8th MAY 2011 on 17:42 - May 15 with 605 viewsBarsidepete

HONOURS LIST - HAPPY/GRUMPY LEAGUE- up to date 8th MAY 2011 on 16:06 - May 15 by mrhappy

Bright Spurs my son is a past winner !

Led from start to finish I recall.

Right. And I'm now a two-time winner, which is irrelevant. I've already stated thatI don't want to retroactively afford points for Daniel's PL.

And that I suggested 2 points for 1st, and 1 point for 2nd, months ago when it looked as if I had no chance to win.

I'd like to have it be a Hall of Fame where we see who has won which competition.

It would be nice if Daniel had a complete list, or even a mostly complete list of winners (and 2nd place).

Otherwise, I'm adding The U'sual PL winner and R-Up, and the Europa League winner (anyone was welcome to participate) for the first time.

In a lot of ways the honours list is about recency plus longevity. We'll get it sorted following the last two remaining comps (Champions League and the Europa League).

There will be a brand new thread. I'd like all the winners and runners-up to be noted in the first opening post.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024