Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
to BluenWightExile - where are you looking at property in France? 16:18 - Jun 3 with 3399 viewsfatpat

Hi BluenWight.
I havent posted on here for a while, but am always reading posts.
I have a place in the Dordogne that may be for sale if you were looking by any chance in that region?
to BluenWightExile - where are you looking at property in France? on 18:37 - Jun 3 with 3384 viewsBluenWightExile

Hallo fatpat,

Thank you for thinking of me. We know the Dordogne - it may be too pricey for us.
We have a circle drawn on a map in the kitchen which only encircles southern Vienne, Haute-Vienne, eastern Charente and Creuse. We have seen one in Creuse which would do but we need to sell this one here on the Wight Island!
Where in Dordogne fatpat?

Pinault-noir

to BluenWightExile - where are you looking at property in France? on 19:56 - Jun 3 with 3373 viewswessex_exile

to BluenWightExile - where are you looking at property in France? on 18:37 - Jun 3 by BluenWightExile

Hallo fatpat,

Thank you for thinking of me. We know the Dordogne - it may be too pricey for us.
We have a circle drawn on a map in the kitchen which only encircles southern Vienne, Haute-Vienne, eastern Charente and Creuse. We have seen one in Creuse which would do but we need to sell this one here on the Wight Island!

Hahaha - think that's how Adolf started off BnW

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

to BluenWightExile - where are you looking at property in France? on 10:26 - Jun 4 with 3356 viewsTheOldOakTree

to BluenWightExile - where are you looking at property in France? on 19:56 - Jun 3 by wessex_exile

Hahaha - think that's how Adolf started off BnW

I wasn't there, but I'm pretty sure it was the surrender monkeys that circled southern France on a map and sent it to Adolf.
to BluenWightExile - where are you looking at property in France? on 11:14 - Jun 4 with 3348 viewsfatpat

to BluenWightExile - where are you looking at property in France? on 18:37 - Jun 3 by BluenWightExile

Hallo fatpat,

Hihi,
Thanks for replying back to me. Perhaps it might be easier for me to get your email and to send you some details directly there.
The property itself is in a hamlet called Teillots - there is a Marie and a church but no shops. Nearest large town is Hautefort about 5kms away with a beautiful Chateau and gardens and all number of bars, restaurants, cafes and a big supermarket.
The property was very sympathetically renovated by the previous owners. My only reason for selling is that I live in the UAE and therefore dont get there as much as I would like. I dont want it to fall into disrepair, and M. Hollande has made sure that renting it out is a loss leader.
Let me know if you want more detail. Rural property in France as you are no doubt aware is on its ass, and therefore this particular property may not be quite as expensive as you might think...and certainly way way cheaper than it was say 5years ago.
to BluenWightExile - where are you looking at property in France? on 17:11 - Jun 4 with 3320 viewsBluenWightExile

Ooops, you're right Wessex.
Have changed the circle - it's sort of heart shaped now is that OK?

Pinault-noir

to BluenWightExile - where are you looking at property in France? on 17:14 - Jun 4 with 3317 viewsBluenWightExile

Thank you again fp.

We'll have a look at it. It's only a stone's throw from the Limousin which is included in our area. You are right, rural places are good value and am happy to consider it.

Pinault-noir

to BluenWightExile - where are you looking at property in France? on 17:18 - Jun 4 with 3316 viewsBarsidepete

to BluenWightExile - where are you looking at property in France? on 17:14 - Jun 4 by BluenWightExile

Thank you again fp.

We'll have a look at it. It's only a stone's throw from the Limousin which is included in our area. You are right, rural places are good value and am happy to consider it.

This could end up one of the more unusual threads ever.

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

to BluenWightExile - where are you looking at property in France? on 20:20 - Jun 4 with 3297 viewswessex_exile

to BluenWightExile - where are you looking at property in France? on 17:11 - Jun 4 by BluenWightExile

Ooops, you're right Wessex.
Have changed the circle - it's sort of heart shaped now is that OK?

Perfick

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Login to get fewer ads

to BluenWightExile - where are you looking at property in France? on 06:34 - Jun 12 with 3231 viewsfatpat

to BluenWightExile - where are you looking at property in France? on 17:14 - Jun 4 by BluenWightExile

Thank you again fp.

Hi BluenWight,
So i have found a link to the property on one of the websites that it is advertised on.
I havent pushed the marketing of the property at all as French rural property just sits there. Like I said, we love the house, just dont use it enough.
The pictures dont really do the property justice. The renovation has made sure to open up what are often very small roomed and gloomy old farmhouses. LIke I said before, the renovation was done by the previous owners; some bits are fantastic, and others were maybe done when money became a little tighter, but overall the place is terrific.
There are parts of the house that date back a good few hundred years, so big thick walls and a really solid structure.
I will be there this Summer with my family (wife and 3 kids), and likely heaps of extended family and stragglers. If it piques your curiosity then feel free to come and take a look - easier when we are there I reckon, although not impossible otherwise.
Link is as follows;
http://www.perigord-immobilier.com/EN/Bien/Detail/e5aa02a3-2ad9-418a-a45d-a837d6
The price is just the price that has been on that website for a while. dont pay too much attention to it.

Let me know what you think. Like I said, I am happy to swap emails if you want to follow up anything on a non public forum.
to BluenWightExile - where are you looking at property in France? on 15:03 - Jun 13 with 3200 viewsBluenWightExile

We like Pat but it's too much for us mate. The house deserves more than we can pay.
It' slightly SW of the zone we're looking which is the Limousin, southern Indre and southern Vienne - the cheapest area of France. Still for sale here and need to sell to buy.

Pinault-noir

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024