Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Joe Edwards Signs 15:15 - Jul 6 with 900 viewsRSCOSWORTH

24 year old defensive midfielder. Has played over 150 times, including over 40 games in the Championship and was captain at Yeovil last season.

http://www.cu-fc.com/news/article/colchester-united-have-signed-former-yeovil-to

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Joe Edwards Signs on 16:59 - Jul 6 with 868 viewsColukev

Anyone seen this guy? Slightly underwhelmed, coming from a team just relegated to LG2
Joe Edwards Signs on 17:39 - Jul 6 with 859 viewsLeadbelly

I shall speak to my Yeovil connections to hear what they think.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Joe Edwards Signs on 19:37 - Jul 6 with 827 viewsdurham_exile

Sounds like a shrewd signing and at 24 plenty of opportunities to develop further.
Formerly club Captain at Yeovil Town and played a full season in the Championship for the Glovers.

Defensive midfielder - replacement for the now aging Fox.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Joe Edwards Signs on 20:21 - Jul 6 with 801 viewsLeadbelly

Joe Edwards Signs on 17:39 - Jul 6 by Leadbelly

I shall speak to my Yeovil connections to hear what they think.

My spy tells me Edwards was probably the best player at Yeovil last season although he missed a couple of months through injury. Also that he looked comfortable in the Championship.

Sounds positive to me.

Joe Edwards Signs on 23:22 - Jul 6 with 771 viewsjonestones

http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/170089-joe-edwards-on-his-way/

Sounds promising.
Joe Edwards Signs on 13:45 - Jul 7 with 730 viewsburnsieespana

Looks like another good siging by TH.
Did anybody notice team like Bristol City's budget in bottom six of the Championship.........makes you think! Lillte wonder Ipswich were happy to sell Mings for £8m as a sale of this magnitude transform a teams budget.
Getting back to us seem to recall RC said our budget be better this year due to the mini cup run and sale of Sears plus we got rid of a couple of what I assume were high earners in Magnus and Jabo. In my view TH has spent the money wisely.
Joe Edwards Signs on 14:47 - Jul 7 with 724 viewsRSCOSWORTH

I did see that but not sure how true it will be. I think it's just Bristol City trying to manage expectations.

None of the signings so far have cost us any money and in terms of salaries we've no longer got Gordon, Clohessey, Watt, Ibehre and Magnus on the wage bill, all of which were probably at the higher end of our earners table. Obviously we've replaced them with five players and plus we probably had to pay off Gordon and Clohessey but our net position might still be a positive one.

Joe Edwards Signs on 15:41 - Jul 7 with 711 viewsLeadbelly

Joe Edwards Signs on 13:45 - Jul 7 by burnsieespana

Looks like another good siging by TH.
Did anybody notice team like Bristol City's budget in bottom six of the Championship.........makes you think! Lillte wonder Ipswich were happy to sell Mings for £8m as a sale of this magnitude transform a teams budget.
Getting back to us seem to recall RC said our budget be better this year due to the mini cup run and sale of Sears plus we got rid of a couple of what I assume were high earners in Magnus and Jabo. In my view TH has spent the money wisely.

I don't claim to be an expert on the subject but...

I don't think wages paid to academy products playing for the first team count or count the same against the spending limit set by FFP. Also, budget restrictions are relaxed a little if academy products make it to the first team. More success for the academy, a greater percentage of income can be used to bring in other players.

I don't think I've made any of that up but it was quite a while ago when last I considered. I'm sure Noah will have a definitive explanation in due course.

Login to get fewer ads

Joe Edwards Signs on 17:20 - Jul 7 with 697 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Joe Edwards Signs on 19:37 - Jul 6 by durham_exile

Sounds like a shrewd signing and at 24 plenty of opportunities to develop further.
Formerly club Captain at Yeovil Town and played a full season in the Championship for the Glovers.

Defensive midfielder - replacement for the now aging Fox.

Up the U's

Don't need a forum parrot with Durham around!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024