Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
U's to "Proactively" enjoy bright lights of "Chesvegas" 10:59 - Sep 11 with 865 viewsdurham_exile

Beleaguered Manager TH, with the ringing endorsement of the Chairman still reverberating around his ears, takes his charges to the Proact Stadium on Saturday to take on last seasons Play Off failures Chesterfield.

With the Derbyshire club looking to restore four of their "stars" to the side on Saturday, TH is at long last able to unveil the club's new striker signing, the highly experienced but still young (24) Marvin Sordell who once attracted a £3M transfer fee.

Sordell is an exciting prospect for the U's and it may well prove to be an inspired signing after two or three false dawns with Matt Derbyshire and Devante Cole deciding on either staying put or transferring to rival clubs.

The injuries continue to be a problem for the Super U's and Walker (season long injury), Brindley, Ambrose and Porter all look to miss out on starts again despite travelling with the party.

The goalkeeping situation shows no signs of yet being fully resolved. Parish has cover in teenager Dillon Barnes but TH is looking to secure the services of another experienced keeper soon. Stop press; Jamie Jones has signed on an emergency loan basis to compete with Parish for the number 1 slot.

Regarding the line up, TH will have to make a judgement call on the optimum selection of midfield players of which the club have numerous options.

I think a 4,3,3 reverting to 4,5,1 when defending will be TH favoured approach on Saturday.

Parish

Vincent-Young Eastman Elokobi Briggs

Gilbey Edwards Moncur

Harriott Sordell Massey

Subs:

Jones Olufemi Kent Szmodics Wright Bonne Sembie-Ferris

With the U's game in hand at Bramall Lane on Tuesday evening, a potential haul of 6 points would certainly secure the manager's position and get the faithful off his back (me included).

It has been a long time since I have been so enthusiastic about a forward signing and I think that Marvin Sordell could see his career kick started at Colchester, whilst he has the potential to score in the region of 20 goals this season for his new club.

Safe travelling to the faithful.

Enjoy the game.

Up the U's

[Post edited 11 Sep 2015 15:48]

Durham_exile

U's to "Proactively" enjoy bright lights of "Chesvegas" on 16:34 - Sep 11 with 824 viewsgerry_us

Will you be there Durham? I will be there with daughter #1 who has promised to be U's supporter for the day.
U's to "Proactively" enjoy bright lights of "Chesvegas" on 17:08 - Sep 11 with 819 viewsdurham_exile

U's to "Proactively" enjoy bright lights of "Chesvegas" on 16:34 - Sep 11 by gerry_us

Will you be there Durham? I will be there with daughter #1 who has promised to be U's supporter for the day.

Gerry I very much regret that I will not be there tomorrow. I am judging the amateur photography classes at our local Agricultural Show.

I look forward to reading your match report though and let us hope that last seasons score line will definitely not be repeated. Enjoy the game, safe journey and three massive points for the U's.

I will be interested to hear about Marvin Sordell and his debut.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

U's to "Proactively" enjoy bright lights of "Chesvegas" on 21:18 - Sep 11 with 785 viewswessex_exile

U's to "Proactively" enjoy bright lights of "Chesvegas" on 17:08 - Sep 11 by durham_exile

Gerry I very much regret that I will not be there tomorrow. I am judging the amateur photography classes at our local Agricultural Show.

I look forward to reading your match report though and let us hope that last seasons score line will definitely not be repeated. Enjoy the game, safe journey and three massive points for the U's.

I will be interested to hear about Marvin Sordell and his debut.

Up the U's

Sorry I'll miss you Durham, but I'll look out for you myself Gerry - this is our (me and my Spireite mate Craig's) annual football trip, which thankfully was cancelled last season due to the fixture computer deciding both home and away would be Tuesday nights! With the benefit of hindsight, I can't say I'm too fussed about missing the trip up north last season...

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

U's to "Proactively" enjoy bright lights of "Chesvegas" on 21:51 - Sep 11 with 779 viewsdurham_exile

U's to "Proactively" enjoy bright lights of "Chesvegas" on 21:18 - Sep 11 by wessex_exile

Sorry I'll miss you Durham, but I'll look out for you myself Gerry - this is our (me and my Spireite mate Craig's) annual football trip, which thankfully was cancelled last season due to the fixture computer deciding both home and away would be Tuesday nights! With the benefit of hindsight, I can't say I'm too fussed about missing the trip up north last season...

Wessex - enjoy the game and I hope that you and Gerry see a Col U victory.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

U's to "Proactively" enjoy bright lights of "Chesvegas" on 22:19 - Sep 11 with 775 viewsgerry_us

U's to "Proactively" enjoy bright lights of "Chesvegas" on 21:18 - Sep 11 by wessex_exile

Yep, your are correct Wessex; you didn't miss much last season. Hope for better tomorrow. I assume you and your mate Craig will be in the "away" end?
U's to "Proactively" enjoy bright lights of "Chesvegas" on 00:08 - Sep 12 with 761 viewswessex_exile

U's to "Proactively" enjoy bright lights of "Chesvegas" on 22:19 - Sep 11 by gerry_us

Yep, your are correct Wessex; you didn't miss much last season. Hope for better tomorrow. I assume you and your mate Craig will be in the "away" end?

For us both to be able to enjoy the game without fear of 'retribution', whilst we'll be quaffing together before and aft, we'll be at either end for the game Gerry :-)

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

U's to "Proactively" enjoy bright lights of "Chesvegas" on 16:03 - Sep 12 with 704 viewsdurham_exile

Playing 10 men since the 19th minute, always difficult for the U's but at least Massey has brought us parity.

Time to push on second half and Marvin Sordell to score the winner!

Up the U's

Durham_exile

U's to "Proactively" enjoy bright lights of "Chesvegas" on 16:48 - Sep 12 with 696 viewsBarsidepete

I'm going to be ill. Looked at the "As is stands" table on the BBC site.

I'm at loss for words.

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

Login to get fewer ads

U's to "Proactively" enjoy bright lights of "Chesvegas" on 17:04 - Sep 12 with 687 viewsdurham_exile

U's to "Proactively" enjoy bright lights of "Chesvegas" on 16:03 - Sep 12 by durham_exile

Playing 10 men since the 19th minute, always difficult for the U's but at least Massey has brought us parity.

Time to push on second half and Marvin Sordell to score the winner!

Up the U's

Well six goals again but 3-3 is rather better than 6-0

However we played against 10 men from the 19th minute

I look forward to the match reports

Up the U's

Durham_exile

U's to "Proactively" enjoy bright lights of "Chesvegas" on 17:14 - Sep 12 with 681 viewsBarsidepete

Let's start with abbreviated version.

HOLY FREAKIN COW

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

U's to "Proactively" enjoy bright lights of "Chesvegas" on 17:57 - Sep 12 with 667 viewsLeadbelly

Listened to most of the commentary. Sounds like we were good going forward but squandered opportunities. Also sounds like we were a shambles at the back.

We managed a point away from home but when the opposition have a man sent off early in the game, with the score 0-0,, and go on to score three goals questions need to be asked.

Humes certainly made changes to the starting XI and made an early tactical substitution. I'm interested to hear from those at the game how all this worked out.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024