Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Was it... 13:51 - Nov 2 with 481 viewsbwildered

Was it complacency that led to this reversal against the Vale on Sat ? Did two recent home victories on the bounce, the first in two years, and a decent point at Swindon think the U's could just turn up for this fixture. The U's never got going until two down after Big Sam was unable to save two shots at the near post following the defence failing to clear their lines. Although getting a goal back with ten minutes still remaining the visiting keeper was not severely trouble thereafter.
So back to the drawing board and with a tight division developing will need to get another unbeaten run going to keep our heads above the parapet.
A lesson learnt that doing the basics well is always a requirement .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Was it... on 14:17 - Nov 2 with 476 viewsBluenWightExile

Thanks Bewildered.
I wondered what had happened.

The inconsistency of 5 years will not disappear overnight nor....it would appear in 2014-15. If the U's cannot win home games - and they frankly cannot - the pressure on away performances must be very heavy. Inescapably we really do just hang on at this level. 4 or 5 good performances is all we seem to manage, Vale were beneath us in the league weren't they and confident teams score their penalties. That long season continues to beckon with its inability to string results together.

After their 4 goals yesterday Gosport will not exactly be quaking either. Whilst I am pinning my hopes on Noah4x4's 0-6 win I cannot help recalling 3-1 at Chelmsford recently and Gosport share that step position.
Memories of Bedlington, Sutton, Dover, Yeovil, Leatherhead, Chester and goodness knows how many more keep haunting me so I need Noah's boost! I reckon the team need him too - can't believe they are confident at all.

We simply MUST stop leaking goals in every single game.

Up the U's.................. in trepidation and awaiting Noah medication!

Pinault-noir

Was it... on 14:28 - Nov 2 with 471 viewsPaddyA140

Was it... on 14:17 - Nov 2 by BluenWightExile

Thanks Bewildered.
I wondered what had happened.

The inconsistency of 5 years will not disappear overnight nor....it would appear in 2014-15. If the U's cannot win home games - and they frankly cannot - the pressure on away performances must be very heavy. Inescapably we really do just hang on at this level. 4 or 5 good performances is all we seem to manage, Vale were beneath us in the league weren't they and confident teams score their penalties. That long season continues to beckon with its inability to string results together.

After their 4 goals yesterday Gosport will not exactly be quaking either. Whilst I am pinning my hopes on Noah4x4's 0-6 win I cannot help recalling 3-1 at Chelmsford recently and Gosport share that step position.
Memories of Bedlington, Sutton, Dover, Yeovil, Leatherhead, Chester and goodness knows how many more keep haunting me so I need Noah's boost! I reckon the team need him too - can't believe they are confident at all.

We simply MUST stop leaking goals in every single game.

Up the U's.................. in trepidation and awaiting Noah medication!

Really disappointed with the result as PV didn't look any great shakes and would have been there for the taking by a decent margin if the pen had gone in. We seemed to lose our way after that until - inexplicably - we found the fluidity to exert some decent pressure in the last 15.

I hope it was only the 4-2-1-3 formation which meant Rhys Healey wasn't looking at all dangerous and that he's not already got an eye on heading back to Cardiff.

Eastman guilty of too many overhit 'passes' forward.

Frankie Kent only sporadically had the calm maturity of earlier games this season (but when the lad's only 18 I'm not going to criticise - still reckon he's a future Terry/Ferdinand (in a good way)).

I'd start Eastmond next week ahead of Sanchez.

I guess it's a wake-up call after all the good feeling of the last month which should help re-focus minds on the size of the task of staying up, so here's to a nicked win at Barnsley on Saturday and then some measured performances and home wins in the coming weeks.

Up the U's
Was it... on 22:15 - Nov 2 with 421 viewsdurham_exile

Was it... on 14:28 - Nov 2 by PaddyA140

Really disappointed with the result as PV didn't look any great shakes and would have been there for the taking by a decent margin if the pen had gone in. We seemed to lose our way after that until - inexplicably - we found the fluidity to exert some decent pressure in the last 15.

I hope it was only the 4-2-1-3 formation which meant Rhys Healey wasn't looking at all dangerous and that he's not already got an eye on heading back to Cardiff.

Eastman guilty of too many overhit 'passes' forward.

Frankie Kent only sporadically had the calm maturity of earlier games this season (but when the lad's only 18 I'm not going to criticise - still reckon he's a future Terry/Ferdinand (in a good way)).

I'd start Eastmond next week ahead of Sanchez.

I guess it's a wake-up call after all the good feeling of the last month which should help re-focus minds on the size of the task of staying up, so here's to a nicked win at Barnsley on Saturday and then some measured performances and home wins in the coming weeks.

Up the U's

Barnsley Away is Friday night 14 Nov.

Up the u's

Durham_exile

Was it... on 06:54 - Nov 3 with 415 viewsnoah4x4

Was it... on 22:15 - Nov 2 by durham_exile

Barnsley Away is Friday night 14 Nov.

Up the u's

Utter complacency by Sears who has perhaps started to believe his own hype (as peddled in the 'Sun'). He will never make a (new) 'start' for West Ham. His penalty effort was awful (even worst than Woody's last effort). Sanchez Watt also looked jaded. We really missed Alex Gilbey too.

To be fair, Sears had put in three decent performances prior to this, so maybe was he tired? My main concern is that he offers zero aerial threat and tall sides (Like PV) too easily defend lofted balls and set pieces. I would like to see Bonne paired with Healey versus Gosport; and see where that combination might lead.
Was it... on 11:30 - Nov 3 with 398 viewsBluenWightExile

Thankyou Noah4x4.............needed that positivity.

Gosport have only conceded 6 goals all season so I am looking for your result on Sunday to double that! Local papers speak volumes for their current level of confidence [if they win their games in hand they'll top Conference South] so it would be nice if a professional U's turned up.

That seems to be the problem though. For 4 seasons now we have never been consistent enough for supporters to show sufficient faith that the XI put out would give 100%. Clearly your comments highlight this again, especially re Watt. Motivation is managerial stuff. Lets hope Humes makes very clear what supporters expect this weekend.

Pinault-noir

Was it... on 12:49 - Nov 3 with 386 viewsBarsidepete

Was it... on 11:30 - Nov 3 by BluenWightExile

Thankyou Noah4x4.............needed that positivity.

Gosport have only conceded 6 goals all season so I am looking for your result on Sunday to double that! Local papers speak volumes for their current level of confidence [if they win their games in hand they'll top Conference South] so it would be nice if a professional U's turned up.

That seems to be the problem though. For 4 seasons now we have never been consistent enough for supporters to show sufficient faith that the XI put out would give 100%. Clearly your comments highlight this again, especially re Watt. Motivation is managerial stuff. Lets hope Humes makes very clear what supporters expect this weekend.

Well said, Alastair

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

Was it... on 13:04 - Nov 3 with 378 viewsBluenWightExile

Thanks Pete. Complacency creates inconsistency and it's been worrying me for three seasons. Is it cultural within us?
Anyway said it and need to get back to picture here in studio5!
Up the U's - and here's to a 0-6.....or at least a 0- !

Pinault-noir

Was it... on 14:53 - Nov 3 with 361 viewsBarsidepete

Was it... on 13:04 - Nov 3 by BluenWightExile

Thanks Pete. Complacency creates inconsistency and it's been worrying me for three seasons. Is it cultural within us?
Anyway said it and need to get back to picture here in studio5!
Up the U's - and here's to a 0-6.....or at least a 0- !

Yar but your artwork is nails on. Can you get your boots and canvas and help us?

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

Login to get fewer ads

Was it... on 16:48 - Nov 3 with 341 viewsBluenWightExile

Very kind Pete.
At last folk are beginning to find me and the stuff is being promoted a bit. Won an award recently which helps. Still too cheap though! Bit like some of our defending at times!? I'll polish me boots for you!

Pinault-noir

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024