Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
THE HAPPY INTERVIEW - guest SEVEBALO please answer ! 19:52 - Jan 10 with 644 viewsmrhappy

we do this interview every 6 weeks to get to know someone a little better.

Sevelbalo-our relative newcomer in the hotseat.

1) You have only been around a few seasons but are making a huge impact since promotion - what do you put your current success down to ?

2) This prediction league is often touted as the greatest prediction league in
The world - would you agree or dis agree and please state reasons.

3) are you a keen golfer due to your nickname/username or is there another intriguing reason behind it?

4) what are your expectations for this season - surely the title is out the question for one still developing the squad - you are currently quoted at 7/1 along with gate and thrill seeker - mfb is 3/1 and Mr happy is 5/4 outright?

5) do you get on with brother bfg and did he Persuade you to
Join us a few seasons back?

6) finally, do you own a pair of yellow underpants? A simple yes or no will do.
[Post edited 10 Jan 2015 19:53]

MR HAPPY SAYS BE HAPPY - LIFE IS SHORT - MAKE IT COUNT ! GOD BLESS YOU !
Poll: Derby County - how the mighty have fallen - Rooney the Gooney

THE HAPPY INTERVIEW - guest SEVEBALO please answer ! on 21:17 - Jan 10 with 622 viewssevebalo

Pleasure to be invited, happy to contribute.

1) Luck, plain and simple. I always post blind and not tactically, usually on a Friday. I am hugely anti EPL (and Blatter - see recent rants) so lower league bias helps I think. Barely a passing interest in the Champs League (the real games, not the prediction), hence my relative poor performance here.

2) I would hate complacency to set in, so I would say yes, it's pretty good. Simple, friendly and fair.

3) It's a university thing. The story has no golf origin but an accidental play on words led to housemates christening me with a short form of the great spaniard.

4) If I was Alex Ferguson, I'd say Happy will bottle it come crunch time, so I'm not even thinking about him. But I'm not. Staying up still the priority. Total correct outcomes/spot ons combined is the best indicator I think and on that measure I'm just in the mix but no better, notably with Noah and even Wessex up there, which shows how a bit of form can change things. BFG is a good recent example. I hope Wessex luck turns. Spot ons are luck, which comes and go's.

5) Yes we do get on. I used to tease him about meeting up with his "internet friends", but this has been fun and interesting to confer with like-minds on a broad range of topics.

6) No.
THE HAPPY INTERVIEW - guest SEVEBALO please answer ! on 00:57 - Jan 11 with 602 viewsmrhappy

Superb

I laughed out loud at question 4.

First part anyway.

Cheers

THE HAPPY INTERVIEW - guest SEVEBALO please answer ! on 07:08 - Jan 12 with 580 viewsnoah4x4

THE HAPPY INTERVIEW - guest SEVEBALO please answer ! on 00:57 - Jan 11 by mrhappy

Superb

I laughed out loud at question 4.

First part anyway.

Cheers

Said in best Alex Ferguson growl.... one must agree with Sevebalo...

You're there by the grace of God Happy. if you keep up weekly averages at this rate you are going to smash all records by over 30% (including reaching the magic 200 points). Not even you are that lucky/consistent. Consider these statistics....

Your 20 x 3 points + 48 x 1 point = 68 correct 'results'.

An example of a chaser; note Wessex too and even Barsidepete is not dissimilar....and he's in the drop zone. Noah4x4 10 x 3 points + 57 x 1 point = 67 correct results.

Principle difference is merely 10 all correct 'scores'. At a 68 total for 'results' you are not picking win/draw/loss 'results' any better than many others that have temporarily lost their form of past seasons.

Over 160 matches; the HGPL fixtures have featured about 400 goals
Some of us have had at least fifty near misses (dropping at least two points) hence missing 'all correct results' by the odd goal. So a difference of ten all correct scores compared to ten outcomes is actually a GOAL DIFFERENCE of merely ten goals amongst 400 + . That is a margin of our error (or your better fortune) of just 2.5%!

Like the mighty U''s, Noah4x4, Wessex and Pete have strengthened their squads and won't be hitting the post quite so often in the second half of the season when the net beckons; nor will others that are struggling to date to hit the 3 pointers, but are getting amongst the top percentage of outcomes.

The Form Book and hence odds should better reflect total outcomes at this early stage. We have circa 160 fixtures still to play and yet another 400+ goals to be scored. There is all still to play for........ (throws down gauntlet)....

[Post edited 12 Jan 2015 8:07]
THE HAPPY INTERVIEW - guest SEVEBALO please answer ! on 17:20 - Jan 14 with 529 viewsmrhappy

love it

my heads spinning

lol

THE HAPPY INTERVIEW - guest SEVEBALO please answer ! on 19:36 - Jan 14 with 520 viewsBarsidepete

THE HAPPY INTERVIEW - guest SEVEBALO please answer ! on 17:20 - Jan 14 by mrhappy

love it

my heads spinning

lol

Likewise, JR...

I'm doing my best to climb up the table but how is 10 3-pointers and 46 outcomes impressive, Noah?

That's 56 outcomes (not counting the 3 pt factor of more points added). I'm not doing that well (yet), Noah. You sure did your math?

Just saying:p

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024