Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
U's are winners at last! 12:14 - Apr 20 with 802 viewsdurham_exile

U's are named as Family Club of the Year.
Colchester United has been named The Football League Family Club of the Year at The Football League Awards 2015.

The club received the award at the gala ceremony at The Brewery, London, on Sunday evening in front of over 600 guests from clubs, sponsors and the football industry.

The Football League Awards 2015 mark the 10th year of the awards, which celebrate on and off pitch excellence across The League’s 72 clubs. This year all 72 clubs were nominated for at least one award.

Colchester United beat off competition from the likes of Brighton & Hove Albion, Middlesbrough, Milton Keynes Dons, Plymouth Argyle and Stevenage to claim the overall Football League Family Club of the Year Award.

During the 2014/15 season, Colchester United set out to increase family attendance by introducing an U11s-for-free initiative at every League 1 fixture, with all members of staff and players contributing towards a culture where families can enjoy watching affordable live football in their town.

As a result, the first half of the season saw more than 3,000 U11s attend a match at their local club, and the total is now approaching 6,500.

Read more at http://www.cu-fc.com/news/article/-colchester-united-has-been-named-the-football

Up the U's

Durham_exile

U's are winners at last! on 20:31 - Apr 20 with 774 viewsBarsidepete

Well, naturally, Pete. A great town and the fanbase is friendly to away fans in pubs and at the stad.

Not really surprised, albeit unexpected Colchester United got so singled out.

Boro, though? They can be Nasty to the aways. Maybe to Their families' locals they pipe it, but they have enough issues with Sunderland and Newcastle, but hardly polite to away supporters. (I have anecdotes about Boro visiting Reading, but not sure I wish to address that now) ... Perhaps they've become more humble since the frustration of their relegation from the Premier League a few years back. Used to know peeps who lived there back when.

MK Dons? Well.. they catch a lot of stick for being, um, MKD from all over. But is Milton Keynes a good place to go? Never been

Plymouth and Stevenage, I can see that.
[Post edited 20 Apr 2015 20:39]

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

U's are winners at last! on 01:08 - Apr 21 with 746 viewsmrhappy

You are very knowledgable barside.

As for boro - the old ground ayesome park

Was in the top 10 worst grounds to visit.

Dangerous.

MR HAPPY SAYS BE HAPPY - LIFE IS SHORT - MAKE IT COUNT ! GOD BLESS YOU !
Poll: Derby County - how the mighty have fallen - Rooney the Gooney

U's are winners at last! on 20:50 - Apr 21 with 709 viewswessex_exile

U's are winners at last! on 01:08 - Apr 21 by mrhappy

You are very knowledgable barside.

As for boro - the old ground ayesome park

Was in the top 10 worst grounds to visit.

Dangerous.

Whilst others had the notoriety (e.g. Millwall, West Ham, Chelsea, Cardiff, Leeds etc.), places like Ayresome Park, Filbert Street, and indeed The Baseball Ground, could be truly scary places to visit back in the day.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

U's are winners at last! on 23:03 - Apr 21 with 697 viewsmrhappy

Very true

Bolton at burnden park was nasty.

Only place I ever got caught..mmm

MR HAPPY SAYS BE HAPPY - LIFE IS SHORT - MAKE IT COUNT ! GOD BLESS YOU !
Poll: Derby County - how the mighty have fallen - Rooney the Gooney

U's are winners at last! on 09:09 - Apr 22 with 680 viewsnoah4x4

Was it because we let so many kids play in the first xi?
U's are winners at last! on 10:06 - Apr 22 with 675 viewsRSCOSWORTH

I think this is an award that we, as fans of Colchester United, should be very proud of. It shows the direction the club's taking and if we want to increase the fanbase we need to attract families to the club.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024