Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Euro 2012 Prediction Cup 18:32 - Jun 20 with 784 viewsDaniel

What's this I hear you say... well when I realised that there were 16 participants in the Euro 2012 prediction league, it gave me an idea that we could run a head to head cup competition alongside the league for an added bit of fun. Using the existing predictions and mimicking the Euro's, I've put those participating in the prediction league into groups based on when they posted their first predictions - the first person to post in group a, second in group b etc. The winners and runners-up of the groups will now be put head to head against each other and prediction scores for the prediction league quarter finals will decide who goes through to the semi finals.

The group tables and quarter final head to heads are below. There is no need to post predictions in this thread as scores will continue to be based on the prediction league predictions.

GROUP A
Pos. Name Outcomes Scores Bonuses Points
1 Gate16 5 5 3 35
2 noah4x4 10 1 2 23
3 thrillseeker 7 3 1 21
4 TheNet 8 0 2 18

GROUP B
1 Barsidepete 8 3 4 37
2 sevebalo 8 4 2 30
3 eagledares 8 2 3 29
4 BFG 10 2 2 26

GROUP C
1 durham_exile 8 3 4 37
2 gerry_us 7 6 2 35
3 RSCOSWORTH 11 2 1 22
4 coomster 7 3 1 21

GROUP D
1 Daniel 7 4 3 34
2 wessex_exile 10 2 2 26
3 mrhappy 7 3 0 16
4 GoonerDes 8 2 0 14

QUARTER FINAL HEAD TO HEADS

Gate16 v sevebalo

Barsidepete v noah4x4

durham_exile v wessex_exile

Daniel v gerry_us
Euro 2012 Prediction Cup on 18:35 - Jun 20 with 779 viewsBrightSpurs

Rubbish idea, that means my dad is out already !!!
Euro 2012 Prediction Cup on 23:45 - Jun 20 with 767 viewsBarsidepete

Perhaps yr dad and I should stage a Happy/Grumpy Euro Cup, kind of like the Scottish is an important comp;) .. He's welcome to play the role of Grumpy

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

Euro 2012 Prediction Cup on 23:59 - Jun 24 with 725 viewsDaniel

The results...

Gate16 20 sevebalo 13

Barsidepete 11 noah4x4 4

durham_exile 16 wessex_exile 18

Daniel 16 gerry_us 16 - Gerry goes through on the basis that his predictions have been better than mine in the league.

SEMI FINAL HEAD TO HEADS

Gate16 v wessex_exile

Barsidepete v gerry_us
Euro 2012 Prediction Cup on 07:46 - Jun 25 with 712 viewsdurham_exile

Euro 2012 Prediction Cup on 23:59 - Jun 24 by Daniel

The results...

Gate16 20 sevebalo 13

Barsidepete 11 noah4x4 4

durham_exile 16 wessex_exile 18

Daniel 16 gerry_us 16 - Gerry goes through on the basis that his predictions have been better than mine in the league.

SEMI FINAL HEAD TO HEADS

Gate16 v wessex_exile

Barsidepete v gerry_us

Congratulations Wessex - good luck in the semi final

Durham_exile

Euro 2012 Prediction Cup on 10:12 - Jun 25 with 706 viewswessex_exile

Euro 2012 Prediction Cup on 07:46 - Jun 25 by durham_exile

Congratulations Wessex - good luck in the semi final

Cheers Durham, it was close, but I'm delighted to have gone one round further than England could manage

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Euro 2012 Prediction Cup on 02:59 - Jun 26 with 691 viewsBarsidepete

Coooo-el! Made it through to the semis

Your squad showed a lot of grit and determination, Noah. *shake shake*

Wassup, Gerry

Euro 2012 Prediction Cup on 19:03 - Jun 26 with 676 viewsgerry_us

Euro 2012 Prediction Cup on 02:59 - Jun 26 by Barsidepete

Coooo-el! Made it through to the semis

Your squad showed a lot of grit and determination, Noah. *shake shake*

Wassup, Gerry

Be afraid...be very afraid
You will be after the semi results
Euro 2012 Prediction Cup on 21:56 - Jun 28 with 649 viewsDaniel

Gate16 0 v wessex_exile 5

Barsidepete 5 v gerry_us 5 - Gerry again goes through on the basis that his predictions have been better than Pete's in the league.

Than means the final will be...

wessex_exile v gerry_us
Login to get fewer ads

Euro 2012 Prediction Cup on 00:42 - Jun 29 with 642 viewswessex_exile

Euro 2012 Prediction Cup on 21:56 - Jun 28 by Daniel

Gate16 0 v wessex_exile 5

Barsidepete 5 v gerry_us 5 - Gerry again goes through on the basis that his predictions have been better than Pete's in the league.

Than means the final will be...

wessex_exile v gerry_us

Strewth, wasn't expecting that after just the solitary score, but commiserations Gate - and best of luck Gerry

Up the U's

Euro 2012 Prediction Cup on 07:18 - Jun 29 with 637 viewsGate16

Well done Wessex.

Good luck in the final mate.
Euro 2012 Prediction Cup on 12:08 - Jun 29 with 633 viewsBarsidepete

Euro 2012 Prediction Cup on 19:03 - Jun 26 by gerry_us

Be afraid...be very afraid
You will be after the semi results

We'll have to settle that draw-that-wasn't in Scunny

You can congratulate me then

Euro 2012 Prediction Cup on 14:23 - Jun 29 with 629 viewsgerry_us

Euro 2012 Prediction Cup on 12:08 - Jun 29 by Barsidepete

We'll have to settle that draw-that-wasn't in Scunny

You can congratulate me then

Still on then for your trip "up North?"
Got a probable golf day down in Essex on the following Wednesday so if you like you can stay for the weekend and we can travel back down by car sometime on the Monday. My elderly Mum lives about 20 minutes from Colchester so she should be due a visit by her loving son around September!
Our nearest town is Louth and I note that National Express coaches call there but it would probably be via London so take you all day ( about £25.00 single fare ). Alternatively you could travel by train ( much more expensive ) to Lincoln or Doncaster. If you arrive Donny on Saturday, Scunny is about 30 minute drive. Again it would have to be via London but a bit quicker. I will pick you up from any of the options. I'm sure we can arrange things closer to the time.
Oh.....and congratulations.....for losing? Must say I didn't understand anything that happened during the semi's and will probably be even more confused during the final. Still Daniel has done a fine job keeping us all amused.
Euro 2012 Prediction Cup on 19:00 - Jun 29 with 625 viewsgerry_us

Euro 2012 Prediction Cup on 00:42 - Jun 29 by wessex_exile

Strewth, wasn't expecting that after just the solitary score, but commiserations Gate - and best of luck Gerry

...and also to you Wessex.
We will have a lot to talk about when next we meet
Euro 2012 Prediction Cup on 13:34 - Jul 1 with 608 viewsDaniel

An interesting stat going into the final. Of the 40 predictions made so far, the most correct total predictions is 21 and the only two players to achieve this are in the final.
Euro 2012 Prediction Cup on 22:20 - Jul 1 with 603 viewsDaniel

Wessex guessed that Spain would win, have the majority of possession and the most shotes. Gerry guessed that the games would be decided in 90 mins and that Spain would have the most possession. This all means the result is as follows...

wessex_exile 14 v gerry_us 10

Congratulations Wessex. Good to see a mid-table player win the cup.
Euro 2012 Prediction Cup on 13:48 - Jul 2 with 592 viewswessex_exile

Euro 2012 Prediction Cup on 22:20 - Jul 1 by Daniel

Wessex guessed that Spain would win, have the majority of possession and the most shotes. Gerry guessed that the games would be decided in 90 mins and that Spain would have the most possession. This all means the result is as follows...

Cheers Daniel, and thanks for organising an excellent competition (or two in fact) - greatly appreciated!

Commiserations Gerry, but I'm looking forward to meeting up at some point next season to share a beer or two and reminisce over the competition.

And finally, well done Pete for romping home in the main event - excellent work!

Up the U's

Euro 2012 Prediction Cup on 23:01 - Jul 2 with 580 viewsgerry_us

Euro 2012 Prediction Cup on 13:48 - Jul 2 by wessex_exile

Cheers Daniel, and thanks for organising an excellent competition (or two in fact) - greatly appreciated!

Commiserations Gerry, but I'm looking forward to meeting up at some point next season to share a beer or two and reminisce over the competition.

And finally, well done Pete for romping home in the main event - excellent work!

Well played Wessex, a very worthy winner.
As I said on the Euro comp thread my ploy for going for an Italy win backfired rather.I had a sneaking thought they may just take Spain but unfortunately they didn't turn up on Sunday.
Will you be going to Scunthorpe in September? If so mines the first round. Hopefully Barside / Iowa Pete will be with me and hope Durham will also make it down.
Euro 2012 Prediction Cup on 05:21 - Jul 3 with 576 viewsBarsidepete

Euro 2012 Prediction Cup on 14:23 - Jun 29 by gerry_us

Still on then for your trip "up North?"
Got a probable golf day down in Essex on the following Wednesday so if you like you can stay for the weekend and we can travel back down by car sometime on the Monday. My elderly Mum lives about 20 minutes from Colchester so she should be due a visit by her loving son around September!
Our nearest town is Louth and I note that National Express coaches call there but it would probably be via London so take you all day ( about £25.00 single fare ). Alternatively you could travel by train ( much more expensive ) to Lincoln or Doncaster. If you arrive Donny on Saturday, Scunny is about 30 minute drive. Again it would have to be via London but a bit quicker. I will pick you up from any of the options. I'm sure we can arrange things closer to the time.
Oh.....and congratulations.....for losing? Must say I didn't understand anything that happened during the semi's and will probably be even more confused during the final. Still Daniel has done a fine job keeping us all amused.

Indeed, Gerry.

Have been looking over train tables and it appears if I depart Colchester at 0540 (Sat, 22 Sept) that would get me to Peterborough at 0738, then in Doncaster at 0849.. then Northern Rail service has me in Scunny at 0947.

is that what you had in mind? Weekend hospitality sounds like the ticket and much appreciated. I'd planned on returning (flying back) on Tuesday 25 Sept but I also wanted one day back at home base (don't actually know where I'll be staying yet, but somewhere not far from the main station, probably, that's for sure .. I think that's doable, to fly back on Wednesday instead.

At least I lost for a good cause otherwise I'd need to have made space for yet another trophy

Euro 2012 Prediction Cup on 05:48 - Jul 3 with 573 viewsBarsidepete

Euro 2012 Prediction Cup on 22:20 - Jul 1 by Daniel

Congratulations, Wessex! .. What Daniel said ..

Euro 2012 Prediction Cup on 10:00 - Jul 3 with 565 viewsgerry_us

Euro 2012 Prediction Cup on 05:21 - Jul 3 by Barsidepete

Indeed, Gerry.

Have been looking over train tables and it appears if I depart Colchester at 0540 (Sat, 22 Sept) that would get me to Peterborough at 0738, then in Doncaster at 0849.. then Northern Rail service has me in Scunny at 0947.

is that what you had in mind? Weekend hospitality sounds like the ticket and much appreciated. I'd planned on returning (flying back) on Tuesday 25 Sept but I also wanted one day back at home base (don't actually know where I'll be staying yet, but somewhere not far from the main station, probably, that's for sure .. I think that's doable, to fly back on Wednesday instead.

At least I lost for a good cause otherwise I'd need to have made space for yet another trophy

Wow, early start hey!
Try this option from www.thetrainline.com/cheap-train-ticket
Depart Arrive Travel by Train company Duration
07:23Colchester Station 07:42Ipswich Station Train GREATER ANGLIA 00h 19
08:00Ipswich Station 09:38Peterborough Train GREATER ANGLIA 01h 38
09:53Peterborough 10:50Doncaster Train EAST COAST 00h 57
11:08Doncaster 11:46Scunthorpe Train NORTHERN RAIL 00h 38
Leaves plenty of time for lunch, hopefully with Wessex and Durham and obviously anyone else who makes the journey to Scunny. Sort of Colu Exiles meet really!!!
Let me know your plans nearer to the time
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024