Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wales in the U17 Euros 10:08 - May 20 with 1445 viewsKeithHaynes

Two Swans U17 in the squad. Some have progressed up since last year.

FAW : Cymru will compete in the UEFA European U17 Championship finals for the second consecutive year in 2024. Here is everything you need to know ahead of the tournament…

When and where are the finals taking place?

Cyprus will stage the 2024 UEFA European Under-17 Championship finals from 20 May to 5 June.

Which group are Cymru in?

Cymru were drawn in group B and will take on Denmark, Austria and Croatia.

Group A: Cyprus (hosts), Ukraine, Serbia, Czechia
Group B: Denmark, Austria, Croatia, Cymru
Group C: Italy, Sweden, Slovakia, Poland
Group D: France, Portugal, Spain, England

When will Cymru’s fixtures take place?

Denmark v Cymru (Monday 20 May | 18:00 | Dasaki Achnas Stadium, Dasaki)
Austria v Cymru (Thursday 23 May | 20:30 | Ammochostos Epistrofi Stadium, Larnaca)
Cymru v Croatia (Sunday 26 May | 18:00 | Dasaki Achnas Stadium, Dasaki)

Will Cymru’s matches be televised?

Cymru’s group stage matches will be available to watch live on UEFA.tv and BBC Sport Website, with highlights published of every match worldwide as of midnight CET.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Wales in the U17 Euros on 14:49 - May 20 with 1347 viewsReslovenSwan1

Iestyn Jones a squared jawed centre back who has features with the u 21 and Harlan Perry who is a forward.

U16 lost 3-0 to Poland if the game is over. Milo Robinson and Carter Heywood.

Wales fans should demand the best of course but it is real hard to find a squad of quality over one age group for small nations. The senior teams can pool the whole age.

The u16 has some quality players but the Poles are a big nation.60 m or so.Jadon Leinou is one to keep an eye out for. Just joined Man city from Everton

Wise sage since Toshack era

Wales in the U17 Euros on 17:17 - May 20 with 1294 viewsReslovenSwan1

2-0 down and more to come. 24 % possession 0 shots at all. Danes 11 shots 2 on target both goals.

Danes pass accuracy 88% Wales 56% pass accuracy. Low block and hanging on. Both Swans on the bench. Almost half of Welsh passes go astray. I saw this beat Belgium 1-0 but there was not a lot of football. More a force of will.

Craig Knight tried a high press but got walloped by Poland 7-2 last year.

FAW Welsh way? Like I said it is not easy with a small pool. Denmark have a real strong system and only 5 million population. They alway pass well. Thomas Frank came from this system.
[Post edited 20 May 17:18]

Wales in the U17 Euros on 18:00 - May 20 with 1258 viewsReslovenSwan1

They actually improved after going two down,.Better passing a few yellow cards and shots on target. Lost 2-0.

Wales in the U17 Euros on 12:21 - May 23 with 951 viewsRhonddaSwans

Wales in the U17 Euros on 17:17 - May 20 by ReslovenSwan1

2-0 down and more to come. 24 % possession 0 shots at all. Danes 11 shots 2 on target both goals.

Danes pass accuracy 88% Wales 56% pass accuracy. Low block and hanging on. Both Swans on the bench. Almost half of Welsh passes go astray. I saw this beat Belgium 1-0 but there was not a lot of football. More a force of will.

Craig Knight tried a high press but got walloped by Poland 7-2 last year.

FAW Welsh way? Like I said it is not easy with a small pool. Denmark have a real strong system and only 5 million population. They alway pass well. Thomas Frank came from this system.
[Post edited 20 May 17:18]

To have the age group there is a good thing.
It can only help the young lads grow and give them a taste of tournament football.

Who are the stand out players for us res ?
Do you expect anyone to be nailed on to make it to the senior squad next few years?

Poll: Euro 2024 Winner 🏆 Predictions

Wales in the U17 Euros on 14:42 - May 23 with 895 viewsReslovenSwan1

Wales in the U17 Euros on 12:21 - May 23 by RhonddaSwans

To have the age group there is a good thing.
It can only help the young lads grow and give them a taste of tournament football.

Who are the stand out players for us res ?
Do you expect anyone to be nailed on to make it to the senior squad next few years?

Elliot Myles a forward from Norwich is a talent. He is a strong runner and goal scorer. Cruz Allen is a short player with good passing and vision but not pacey. They play as a duo. In the year below Jaydon Leinou looks a real prospect. I was not surprised man city snapped him up from Everton. Sadly all the better Welsh players have England keeping an eye on them. Kiakpo a Cardiff full back is a real grafter.
[Post edited 23 May 14:56]

Wales in the U17 Euros on 20:52 - May 23 with 817 viewsReslovenSwan1

The second games was on BBC iplayer and I missed all but thuch promoted "Welsh Way" is a myth. This was hustle and bustle like the good old days then run out of gas and get picked off and blame the ref. Austria 3-0 Wales. Even at the end Austria were well on top wining almost all 50 50 balls.

I can understand these results against Germany or France but Denmark and Austria are medium powers I fear FAW coaching is not up to much.

The FAW hierarchy are too much into presentation. PR, self congratulation and not substance.

I did point out that for Wales age group limits made things very difficult. The pool is too small.

Wales in the U17 Euros on 23:56 - May 23 with 771 viewsKeithHaynes

Wales in the U17 Euros on 20:52 - May 23 by ReslovenSwan1

The second games was on BBC iplayer and I missed all but thuch promoted "Welsh Way" is a myth. This was hustle and bustle like the good old days then run out of gas and get picked off and blame the ref. Austria 3-0 Wales. Even at the end Austria were well on top wining almost all 50 50 balls.

I can understand these results against Germany or France but Denmark and Austria are medium powers I fear FAW coaching is not up to much.

The FAW hierarchy are too much into presentation. PR, self congratulation and not substance.

I did point out that for Wales age group limits made things very difficult. The pool is too small.

Then maybe don’t let the best goalkeeping coach in the UK end up with England when he’s on our doorstep.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Wales in the U17 Euros on 16:37 - May 26 with 543 viewsWhiterockin

Wales v Croatia 1-1 37 minutes.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Login to get fewer ads

Wales in the U17 Euros on 16:52 - May 26 with 522 viewsWhiterockin

1-1 HT.

Wales in the U17 Euros on 17:56 - May 26 with 470 viewsWhiterockin

1-1 FT.

Wales in the U17 Euros on 20:04 - May 26 with 412 viewsWhiterockin

Wales in the U17 Euros on 17:56 - May 26 by Whiterockin

1-1 FT.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/articles/cgrryjzzkdxo

Wales in the U17 Euros on 21:16 - May 26 with 379 viewsReslovenSwan1

Wales in the U17 Euros on 20:04 - May 26 by Whiterockin

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/articles/cgrryjzzkdxo

Bravo Wales. Kept going despite some tough losses.

Wales in the U17 Euros on 18:46 - May 28 with 258 viewsReslovenSwan1

I watched England play and easily beat a Spanish team. They were extremely good in the parts I saw. Sadly a different league to Wales in playing style.

On the deck pass and move under complete control. Scarey in fact. It is only a matter of time before the 'Saes' start dominating European and possibly world football.

Wales in the U17 Euros on 19:37 - May 28 with 232 viewstrampie

Wales in the U17 Euros on 18:46 - May 28 by ReslovenSwan1

I watched England play and easily beat a Spanish team. They were extremely good in the parts I saw. Sadly a different league to Wales in playing style.

On the deck pass and move under complete control. Scarey in fact. It is only a matter of time before the 'Saes' start dominating European and possibly world football.

You are comparing a small country in Wales with an underachieving super power in football in England.

England have a terrible record in tournament football for such a big football country (only winning one major tournament what some people see as the most corrupt World Cup ever on home soil), but surely this time they can win the up coming Euros and the next World cup.
[Post edited 28 May 19:40]

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Wales in the U17 Euros on 19:52 - May 28 with 215 viewsReslovenSwan1

Wales in the U17 Euros on 19:37 - May 28 by trampie

You are comparing a small country in Wales with an underachieving super power in football in England.

England have a terrible record in tournament football for such a big football country (only winning one major tournament what some people see as the most corrupt World Cup ever on home soil), but surely this time they can win the up coming Euros and the next World cup.
[Post edited 28 May 19:40]

There football at development level is extremely good. I feel Cymru should be doing better. The Danes are much better than us and only 5 m population with a weakish league.

I saw Wales v Belgium and it was kick and rush. It is the only way we can win.

Wales in the U17 Euros on 20:07 - May 28 with 201 viewstrampie

Wales in the U17 Euros on 19:52 - May 28 by ReslovenSwan1

There football at development level is extremely good. I feel Cymru should be doing better. The Danes are much better than us and only 5 m population with a weakish league.

I saw Wales v Belgium and it was kick and rush. It is the only way we can win.

Denmark has 3 to 4 times as many registered players compared to Wales.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Wales in the U17 Euros on 22:57 - May 28 with 145 viewsReslovenSwan1

Wales in the U17 Euros on 20:07 - May 28 by trampie

Denmark has 3 to 4 times as many registered players compared to Wales.

This is the responsibility of the FAW. They when Bale was in his pomp were congratulating themselves. I want to see more evidence of development and improved results. Both u17 teams qualified from home tournaments. Israel dropped out for geopolitical reasons.

The quality of the team was low while individual skills were quite good.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024