Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Points required to secure a play off spot 11:16 - Mar 12 with 2795 viewsellersliehoop

I reckon we need 6/7 wins maximum to secure a spot in the play offs......?

Home : Yeovil/Blackpool/Watford/Millwall

Away : Wednesday/Bournemouth/Barnsley

That would give us 81 points, assuming Wigan overtake Reading, Reading would then need 9 wins from 11 to achieve 82 points

Points required to secure a play off spot on 11:20 - Mar 12 with 2780 viewskropotkin41

Does anyone really believe that we can win through the play-offs? I don't I'm afraid. Actually, despite the brilliant win on Saturday, I'm not sure we'll even make the play-offs.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Points required to secure a play off spot on 11:27 - Mar 12 with 2771 viewsellersliehoop

WIth Austin, Simpson and Phillips back I think we'd have a reasonable chance

Let's be honest Derby & Forest aren't world beaters either, though Wigan would be more difficult

Bear in mind we dont actually have to score to win the play offs........just be good at penalties!
Points required to secure a play off spot on 11:40 - Mar 12 with 2756 viewsTacticalR

There's also the small matter of whether we're even going to be in the play-offs. We are bottom of the current form table (over the last six games), with only Charlton below us:
http://www.footballformguide.net/form/sky-bet-championship

Air hostess clique

Points required to secure a play off spot on 12:00 - Mar 12 with 2729 viewsdaveB

If Charlton are below us we're not bottom.

We'll make the playoffs, no idea if we'll win them they are a lottery
Points required to secure a play off spot on 12:31 - Mar 12 with 2676 viewswhittocksRs

Looking at the table as it stands, I'd back us to remain in the play-off positions purely based on the fact Derby, Forest and Reading are all inconsistent and I don't expect Wigan, Brighton and another to go on a big run.

I'd guess we'll end up fifth or sixth, making it in by two to five points.

Can almost guarantee we won't make the final, though. We cannot do cup competitions.
Points required to secure a play off spot on 12:33 - Mar 12 with 2670 viewskropotkin41

Points required to secure a play off spot on 12:31 - Mar 12 by whittocksRs

Looking at the table as it stands, I'd back us to remain in the play-off positions purely based on the fact Derby, Forest and Reading are all inconsistent and I don't expect Wigan, Brighton and another to go on a big run.

I'd guess we'll end up fifth or sixth, making it in by two to five points.

Can almost guarantee we won't make the final, though. We cannot do cup competitions.

And that'll no doubt be goodbye 'Arry and we'll find out exactly what our owners are made of, how serious this debt situation really is, and how we're going to endeavour to make next season better than this one............ it might even be exciting for a little while........... it's the hope that kills you.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Points required to secure a play off spot on 12:41 - Mar 12 with 2648 viewsdaveB

If we don't go up Redknapp will go and it will be one of two scenarios.

We'll either go for another big name and continue with the short term spending

or we clear out the out of contract players build a young team around Austin, Phillips, Barton, Onoura and Faurlin. Get in a young manager with new ideas someone like Paul Clement would be interesting but make sure we interview them rather than the other way around.
Points required to secure a play off spot on 12:54 - Mar 12 with 2619 viewscorse

uhh...i cant see us being good enough to be promoted thru play offs. and im afraid we might not even be in the play offs. this team just isnt up to it. phillips austin etc back or not.
there is a deep rot in the team and the name of the rot is mr redknapp.
Login to get fewer ads

Points required to secure a play off spot on 13:38 - Mar 12 with 2554 viewsTacticalR

Points required to secure a play off spot on 12:00 - Mar 12 by daveB

If Charlton are below us we're not bottom.

We'll make the playoffs, no idea if we'll win them they are a lottery

'If Charlton are below us we're not bottom.'

Yes, that's a comfort.

Air hostess clique

Points required to secure a play off spot on 13:39 - Mar 12 with 2551 viewsfrancisbowles

Points required to secure a play off spot on 12:54 - Mar 12 by corse

uhh...i cant see us being good enough to be promoted thru play offs. and im afraid we might not even be in the play offs. this team just isnt up to it. phillips austin etc back or not.
there is a deep rot in the team and the name of the rot is mr redknapp.

Did you go last night?

If you did you will have seen a reasonable performance with a young 'boy' up front trying to play a man's role and a home team that played like an away team and were flattered by a two goal defeat.

I don't think everything is rosy in the garden, I'm not particularly a Harry fan, I accept mistakes have been made but let's not write the season off just yet!
Points required to secure a play off spot on 13:43 - Mar 12 with 2538 viewskensalriser

We'll finish top 6 but I'd back any team against us in the the play-offs. We'll be lucky to score a goal.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Points required to secure a play off spot on 13:46 - Mar 12 with 2525 viewsbosh67

12 games to go.

36 points.

We are on 60 points.

75 should see us in the play offs. 15 more points.

Either 5 wins or perhaps 4 and 3 draws will do it.

If we don't do that we don't deserve to be in the play offs.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Points required to secure a play off spot on 13:48 - Mar 12 with 2522 viewsheadhoops

the real fight is for 3rd place as that's who will face as we wont finish higher than 6th.

Whatever happens Harold needs to go.

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

Points required to secure a play off spot on 15:41 - Mar 12 with 2472 viewsderbyhoop

Points required to secure a play off spot on 13:46 - Mar 12 by bosh67

12 games to go.

36 points.

We are on 60 points.

75 should see us in the play offs. 15 more points.

Either 5 wins or perhaps 4 and 3 draws will do it.

If we don't do that we don't deserve to be in the play offs.

Seems more realistic than the OP's 81. If we don't finish in top 2 does it matter if we finish 3rd or 6th?

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Points required to secure a play off spot on 16:51 - Mar 12 with 2431 viewsRangersAreBack

Let's get to the play offs first, get our injured players fit, then take it from there.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024