Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The importance of our play off position. 15:39 - Apr 3 with 2880 viewsowderrammy

I think most of us know finishing second and gaining automatic promotion is out of our reach now but finishing third is a must in my opinion. And for why, well if we do finish third we probably miss Q.P.R. and Wigan and I would think either of those teams are our most dangerous opponents. As for Reading, Forest, Ipswich and Brighton, I reckon we can beat any of these four although Mick McArthy seems to be our nemesis and has a history of beating us with Sunderland, Wolves, Ipswich.
Where do you see us finishing gents and who would you fancy in the preliminary play-offs?
The importance of our play off position. on 17:01 - Apr 3 with 2877 viewsdavram

Bear in mind that the Rams also just lost to contenders Ipswich Town, in dubious circumstances. I do not relish two more games against that lot. McCarthy is a "stop 'em playing at all costs" tactician, just as he was when he was a player; leopards & spots....

But just to remind you when we did actually beat a McCarthy team, and in the play-offs -Derby won 3-1 in that infamous semi-final 2nd leg at Millwall in '94 (we'd won the home leg 2-0)..

McCarthy had defiantly proclaimed we'd be in for a fight at the Den; in his pre-match rhetoric, he arguably incited the Millwall morons to act accordingly.

They invaded the pitch more than once, attacking Martin Taylor & other Derby players. The Radio Derby car was trashed in the car park.

Footage here:

Millwall was shamefully never adequately punished for some of the worst fan behaviour seen since Hillsborough - and that's saying something for Millwall.

McCarthy also had the vicious Alex Rae in his side at the time - a destructive player in his own image - and his teams have always played negative, "spoiling" football.

Current Millwall manager Holloway was "McCarthy in disguise" when they stole the points at the iPro recently, but at least it seems that his crap "no mates" team is going down.Holloway is racking up the relegations on his CV, too.

Derby have to learn how to play against these spoiling teams, and I agree that Wigan would be difficult for that reason. QPR are beatable, as we've proved.

The Play-offs are a bit of a lottery, just like a Cup match; as we saw at Wembley last time around, it takes luck & guts to win through (and a decent ref.).
The importance of our play off position. on 15:46 - Apr 4 with 2847 viewsRabbram10

I don't care who we play to be honest we can match & beat them all?
I'm a great believer that we would have beaten Burnley with 11 men on the pitch if the inadequate referee had given the Hendrick goal or the Penalty , but he didn't cost us a chance of 2nd spot & cost us Martin for the Millwall game which was a bit of a hangover from the Burnley match!
Crucial points lost due to a completly rubbish referee who should have been banned for the rest of the season for what can only be described as a startling decision IMO!
The importance of our play off position. on 17:13 - Apr 4 with 2844 viewsowderrammy

Like me it sounds as if you were also at the Burnley game Rabb. I have never witnessed such biased refereeing as that day. Have you noticed how few fouls are given against Chris Martin these days. I think the refereeing hierarchy have put out a directive to stop our guy playing. Believe me if Madley referees a Derby game in the play offs we will lose. A good analogy is the Aussie Steve Walsh refereeing any England rugby game.
The importance of our play off position. on 08:57 - Apr 5 with 2835 viewsRabbram10

Well said Owder agree 100%, Madleys a poor ref to put it mildly!
The importance of our play off position. on 13:56 - May 4 with 2712 viewsdavram

So now that the dust has settled on the play-off scenario, how does the prospect of Brighton's challenge and the possible showdown with Wigan or 'Arry's Mob look to you guys?

COYR!!

The importance of our play off position. on 06:33 - May 6 with 2683 viewsramdanj

Maybe we should hope for Madley - only a week or so before the Burnley game their fans hated him for decisions against them in the cup. If he is a ref that squares the ledger.... perhaps he owes us one ;0) lol.

Allons-y!

The importance of our play off position. on 12:38 - May 6 with 2672 viewsRabbram10

Personally I'm glad it's Brighton rather than Reading, we have a very poor record against Reading, so maybe the Omens are with us, the last time we got to the Playoffs we played another South Coast side in Southampton & we know what happened there Penalties, hopefully no pens this time around could be our Achilles heel?

In the Infamous words of Delia Smith "Let's be Having You" lol
The importance of our play off position. on 14:36 - May 6 with 2671 viewsdavram

The importance of our play off position. on 12:38 - May 6 by Rabbram10

Personally I'm glad it's Brighton rather than Reading, we have a very poor record against Reading, so maybe the Omens are with us, the last time we got to the Playoffs we played another South Coast side in Southampton & we know what happened there Penalties, hopefully no pens this time around could be our Achilles heel?

In the Infamous words of Delia Smith "Let's be Having You" lol

Indeed, Rabb!

I think it's pointless to be expecting any favours from refs. Anyone who's been to Rams games (particularly since Christmas) knows that refs now seem to give free licence to defenders against Chris Martin and give him nowt in return.

That's why his goal at Doncaster was so sweet.

Best to believe that the good teams make their own luck, as the Rams have done in the new Steve Mac era; the old excuses about "being the better team", "bigger % of possession" & "number of passes we made" are rather less frequent now.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024