Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I think I can see what Bates is up to! 08:53 - Mar 4 with 5768 viewsHarwich_White

Someone told me that if we go up this season we have to pay the creditors an extra £5 million, which won't apply if we go up next year.

So perhaps he is deliberately not investing in the team right now to make sure we don't get promoted too soon. Instead he's spending the money now on the corporate facilities, and the money from that will start to come through next year when we do want a big push for promotion.

There might be method in the old git's madness yet!
(No subject) on 10:30 - Mar 4 with 5762 viewsTimWhelan

What you're referring to is the extra payment we would need to make under the terms of the agreement made when we came out of administration. This was to paid if we were promoted to the Premiership within five years, i.e. up to the end of this season.

You might be right that Bates doesn't wasn't to go up this season, as we would get a lot of money from getting back into the Premiership, though if we had to pay out £5 million it would be hard to build a team that would keep us there.

But if your theory is right then we'll see a big investment in the squad to take us up next season, and I'll believe that when I see it!
I think I can see what Bates is up to! on 12:57 - Mar 4 with 5751 viewsSniffer

I hope you're right Harwich, but all Bates ever does is spend money on crappy property deals. At Chelsea he built the Chelsea Village, and they only started to pick up when Matthew Harding came forward wih his personal fortune to spend on the team. The hotel Bates built is now losing money.

Then in the late 90s Bates was on the committee to desing the new Wembley, and he wanted to build a load of other stuff round the site there as well. Thankfully the rest of the committee got fed up with him and kicked him off, so they could get on with building the stadium.

As Tim says, we'll soon see if Bates is going to spend any money on the team in the close season, but somehow I doubt it.
I think I can see what Bates is up to! on 22:15 - Mar 14 with 5718 viewsTimWhelan

The latest from the Yorkshire Post is that Aidy White could be the next player to leave after the club have failed to make him a decent offer. So if Bates does want to make a bid for promotion next season he's got a funny way of showing it!
I think I can see what Bates is up to! on 21:10 - Apr 4 with 5644 viewsTimWhelan

I think I can see what Bates is up to! on 22:15 - Mar 14 by TimWhelan

The latest from the Yorkshire Post is that Aidy White could be the next player to leave after the club have failed to make him a decent offer. So if Bates does want to make a bid for promotion next season he's got a funny way of showing it!

Sorry Harwich, a note in the accounts says that we have to pay £4,750,000 if we get into the Premier League before the 2017/8 season. So it's not just next season, it's for at least five years.

But judging by Bates under-investment in the team, perhaps he is going to make sure we don't get promoted in the next five years!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024