Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Views on The Wages Debate 18:14 - Dec 23 with 2827 viewsqblockpete

Unlike Norwich and Swansea City we decided to go down the route of spending big to maintain our premiership status. Its okay for Warnock to be objective, but once the purse strings were loosened after the departure of Flavio Briatore he was happy to bring in a player called Joseph Barton who automatically would be on the wage of 3-4 times that of our Championship players. I was surprised at the time, that did not cause more controversy then it did with the players or indeed the fans. This signing gave the signal to agents that we had money to spend and it would not be long before other agents notably Kia Joorbachin could see that a quick buck could be made.

In one swoop we had split the championship spirit and the team ethic that we had established. We were now in the big time and were willing to spend big. Warnock had won 3 away games and managed to keep the so called premiership and Championship players together though that was showing to show signs of strain nearer the end of this tenure. When you are winning games, no-one says a word, the moment you start losing a degree of natural jealousy must start to develop. If you are on 20k a week and you are watching someone on treble get sent off or not put in the same effort, you are inevitably going to question the situation.
The championship winning side was slowly being dismantled and all the hard-work was being undone. The profile of the club goes global when in the Premiership and it quickly became apparent that a name like Mark Hughes would heighten the profile and we had to probably prevent ourselves from being relegated.
With Hughes comes an agent like Kia Joorabchian who could see that from the signing of Barton that we were willing to pay high wages and it was not long before predictably he would be recommending players to the club. Add Mike Rigg to the equation then you have 3 people who were if you turn the clock 4-5 years were there under a pretty similar situation at Manchester City A club that had come into money and willing to spend to achieve great things. It also fits our profile of wanting to be a global brand, for example what better way then to bring in the former captain of South Korea to heighten your profile in a massive market of Asia. Not going to be the same, if you are modelling players like Helguson or Dj Campbell out there.
The Championship players would almost certainly by now feel aggrieved and yet if I asked you who are our best players, the answer would be those very championship players and a central defender who came here expecting to be 4th choice centre back. That's the big difference you cannot buy character and commitment, you don't get that if you are picking up a great wage for doing the same as someone else. Do you think a player like Clint Hill would act in the same way of Jose Boswinga for example? The trouble is, we as fans need to be excited and we are partly to blame. The signing of Nelsen was treated with sceptism by many and hardly a signing that would have got us queuing down the streets of South Africa Road. Yet, those are the very players we need and the balancing act between the fans and board is hard to maintain. The club is treated like a business and you can have all the affection in the world, but you also know if you sign players like Hill AND Neilsen, then you will not have a demand for tickets or indeed get a global market interested in your club. I feel that TF and Co want the best for our club and seriously felt the recent approach was the best way to go, yet I can see a more cautious board in the future. This season becomes vitally important we stay in the Premiership with the SKY payments increasing significantly, I also think its vital for the clubs future. It is okay saying that you will stay with the club through and through and I do not question the boards commitment, but with relegation comes hardship. We as fickle fans will quickly turn on them and if we had a season like Wolves or Blackburn are enduring this season, then it will be even harder for the board to stay interested. You do not get global branding if you are stuck in the Championship. You quickly become forgotten and reliant on your core fan base which at best is 12,000 fans who would go and see us regularly in the Championship. The whole global branding quickly goes out the window
Talk is cheap and number of players I am disappointed with this season including Esteban Granero. A player who has a market value of 9 millions big ones who on recent performances would make Steve Palmer look world class. I do not like blaming players as it takes time to acclimatise but he looks more and more disinterested every time he plays. At the end of last season Cisse was on fire but the loss of pace is very noticeable and he simply is not concentrating. Against Newcastle, he couldn't even pass the ball 5 yards. He is so much better than that and cannot blame the lack of confidence, as i thought he had a fine game against Fulham. The big problem is we need fighters to have any chance of staying up. Who in our current side would put up a fight? Well, it goes back to the Championship players who got us here in the first place !! A lot of money spent and yet we have no-one who betters the skill of Adel Taarant or the effort of Jamie Mackie. Harry Redknapp is indeed right and you could argue that these players are on free transfers, but ultimately they are free transfers for a reason. The reason is, no-one wants to spend money on them !! We need to try and build a team ethic along the lines of WBA and Norwich who between them have no real superstars, but you know win, lose or draw you can rarely fault the effort. Roll on WBA and Liverpool games because I feel now that Harry has come out publically and gave his views, he will revert( if he can) to the team he played against Fulham, which contained only 2 outfield players that we bought into the club this summer.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Views on The Wages Debate on 18:22 - Dec 23 with 2806 viewsLimehouseR

"A lot of money spent and yet we have no-one who betters the skill of Adel Taarant..."

Is that your final answer or do you want to phone a friend on that one?

Views on The Wages Debate on 20:11 - Dec 23 with 2732 viewsKerryE

The thing I dont agree on is that the fans are partly responsible.They/we are not responsible at all. All fans want more. It is up to the people in charge to come up with the right strategy - if their decisions are wrong then that is how they will be judged.

For example, how can the fans be responsible for signing Boswinger on £xK per week then he dont want to play? And as it turns out Joseph B looks to have been one of the better signings.
Views on The Wages Debate on 20:37 - Dec 23 with 2694 viewsspiritofshittu

I really don't think as a Chelsea reject fan that you are qualified to have any opinion on QPR ever at all. I also think as someone that doesn't pay for your ticket, that you are a non contributor to the QPR balance sheet, so again your opinion is of no consequence.

Your role in QPRs life was to set up your own message board (paladinis poodles propoganda site) for you to have your own opinion on and when anyone differed with the party line you could delete their message or ban as appropriate. I'm sorry that you don't have that anymore...

Finally congratulations on stringing three paragraphs together in English, all the media training must have worked in teaching you your mother tongue.

It is enormously arrogant and egotistical to presume anyone gives two hoots about what you think.

Happy Xmas...
Views on The Wages Debate on 20:45 - Dec 23 with 2677 viewsklr

Something I thought I'd never see;

Free Seat Pete spelling "Kia Joorabchian" correctly !
Views on The Wages Debate on 20:56 - Dec 23 with 2652 viewsSharpy

"that you are a non contributor to the QPR balance sheet, so again your opinion is of no consequence"

That could be aimed at about 75% of all messageboard posters.

Once you`ve had black, you never go back !

Views on The Wages Debate on 21:08 - Dec 23 with 2617 viewspeejaybee

Views on The Wages Debate on 20:56 - Dec 23 by Sharpy

"that you are a non contributor to the QPR balance sheet, so again your opinion is of no consequence"

That could be aimed at about 75% of all messageboard posters.

Meaning What.!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If at first you dont succeed, pack up and f**k off home.

Views on The Wages Debate on 21:25 - Dec 23 with 2596 viewsSharpy

Meaning that the poster who made that comment could be aiming it at 75% of posters and just not singling out Pete.

I`m in no way agreeing with the comment by the way.

Views on The Wages Debate on 21:41 - Dec 23 with 2572 viewsspiritofshittu

Views on The Wages Debate on 21:25 - Dec 23 by Sharpy

Meaning that the poster who made that comment could be aiming it at 75% of posters and just not singling out Pete.

I`m in no way agreeing with the comment by the way.

I also think as someone that doesn't pay for your ticket, that you are a non contributor to the QPR balance sheet, so again your opinion is of no consequence.

I said this sharply you took it out of context which leads me to believe you were having a pop at the 75%?
Login to get fewer ads

Views on The Wages Debate on 21:46 - Dec 23 with 2562 viewsSharpy

Yep whatever

Views on The Wages Debate on 22:58 - Dec 23 with 2477 viewszicoshoops

Pete.
I know I shouldn't, but I will.
You've got some fcukin front, and a very short memory.
If the Devil was running my club, you'd have your tongue right up his arse.
I'm sorry I've replied to this thread, I know I shouldn't bite........
But I'll tell you one thing, what I think of you I'll tell you to your face, anytime, anywhere
You're fcuking Two Bob.
You're snide.
Views on The Wages Debate on 23:06 - Dec 23 with 2455 views100percent

Views on The Wages Debate on 22:58 - Dec 23 by zicoshoops

Pete.
I know I shouldn't, but I will.
You've got some fcukin front, and a very short memory.
If the Devil was running my club, you'd have your tongue right up his arse.
I'm sorry I've replied to this thread, I know I shouldn't bite........
But I'll tell you one thing, what I think of you I'll tell you to your face, anytime, anywhere
You're fcuking Two Bob.
You're snide.

there you go, sitting on that fence again.......
Views on The Wages Debate on 23:20 - Dec 23 with 2433 viewsNorthernr

"we as fans are partly to blame"

Said Pete from the press box.
Views on The Wages Debate on 23:31 - Dec 23 with 2413 viewsklr

The sight of Free Seat Pete sitting in the QPR box is both Cringeworthy AND Embarrassing.
Views on The Wages Debate on 12:18 - Dec 24 with 2295 viewssmegma

What happened to good will to all men ?? Slightly sexist I know......................
Views on The Wages Debate on 12:24 - Dec 24 with 2281 viewsJamie

[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Views on The Wages Debate on 19:56 - Dec 24 with 2160 viewsfinney

How the feck are the fans to blame that is more bollox again from bollox face.

I dispair at him and that idiot scott jones who did a double act on me today on twitter i am not a real fan as they went to games before i was in this country so being from Belfast rules me out of being a real fan.end of a bell the pair of them.
Thing is i have paid my way into games unlike that fecking ponce always blames the fans the stupid fester looking fecktart.

Views on The Wages Debate on 20:16 - Dec 24 with 2141 viewsTGRRRSSS

While I don't agree about fans being to blame there is a train of thought fans expected "Premiership quality" of some description to come in. SOme of what Pete says has a ring of truth and had someone else said a fair portion of his post they wouldn't be lambasted.
However you do bring alot of it on yourself Pete and I guess you knew what was coming when you posted this.
Views on The Wages Debate on 20:53 - Dec 24 with 2101 viewsTacticalR

Regardless of whether it's correct or not, I am a bit puzzled as to why this magisterial account of recent events at QPR has suddenly appeared before our eyes.

Air hostess clique

Views on The Wages Debate on 21:33 - Dec 24 with 2073 viewsspiritofshittu

Views on The Wages Debate on 20:53 - Dec 24 by TacticalR

Regardless of whether it's correct or not, I am a bit puzzled as to why this magisterial account of recent events at QPR has suddenly appeared before our eyes.

Because its the pantomime season of course and widow twancky loves the sound of her own voice.

Views on The Wages Debate on 22:42 - Dec 24 with 2041 viewsdanehoop

I thought the dumb dumb drummer was long gone. Sorry, no, that was my wishful thinking. Do one FSP Xmas or not, I wish nothing but bad things on you and the pencil necked gobshyte.

Never knowingly understood

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024