|HALL RIGHT NOW: The 100 questions Portpin need to answer... Part 1|
Tue 02nd Oct 2012 11:00 by Micah Hall
Questions, questions. Since Portpin's arrival on the scene, the longer they hang around, the more questions there are.
Since Portpin's decision to appoint Tavistock Communications as their PR company, we at least have someone to ask the questions of. I have so far collected in excess of 100 questions suggested by inquisitive Pompey fans. If there's a question you want us to ask, please send it firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll try to ask it. I have sent my first batch of 13 questions to Tavistock and I publish their reponses below.
The answers so far are none too illuminating of course. However, I will continue to ask the questions and publish approximately ten at a time.
1. Our sources suggest Daniel Azugi was heavily involved with Ron Mana in selling Ameris Holdings to Arcadi Gaydamak, frequently acting as a go-between for you and Arcadi. Do you still maintain you never met or heard of Daniel Azugi before October 2009? Portpin: No comment.
2. Approximately many times did you meet with Ron Mana and Yoram Yossifoff during this sale process? Portpin: No comment.
3. Who is Israel Cherchon and what percentage of Ameris Holdings did he own? Portpin: No comment.
4. When you held a lien over the assets of Betar Jerusalem, Daniel Azugi tried to extract money from the club and was very publicly rebuffed by Yitzchak Kornfein who told everyone connected with Betar this, held a press conference and gave a series of interviews. Do you still maintain that you never met or heard of Daniel Azugi before October 2009 even though he tried to remove money that was nominally yours? Portpin: No comment.
5. In 2004 Balram Chainrai denied any connection to Red Sea Hotels. If there had been any connection between Mr Chainrai and Red Sea Hotels they would have been required to declare it and make a hostile takeover bid for all the shares. Yoram Yossifoff, Mr Chainrai's long term friend helped finance Red Sea Hotels share purchase. Does Mr Chainrai wish to retract his earlier denial of collusion? Portpin: No comment.
6. What relationship did/does Portpin or any of its directors have with Moshe Dadash? Portpin: No comment.
7. On October 26th 2009 Levi Kushnir flatly denied any connection to Portsmouth Football Club saying "I've no connection to the club. These are just stupid rumours." He now claims to have loaned Portsmouth £17m 23 days earlier. Why didn't he tell the truth? Portpin: No comment.
8. Balram Chainrai denied any connection to Portsmouth Football Club prior to October 2009, but has since admitted transferring £2.5m, 50% of the purchase price, to Yoram Yossifoff in July. Why didn't he tell the truth? Portpin: No comment.
9. Directors of Portsmouth Football Club supplied the names Balram Chainrai and Levi Kushnir to the Premier League as prospective owners in July 2009, yet both denied any intention to purchase the club at any stage. Which group lied? Portpin: No comment.
10. How many parties did Balram Chainrai and Levi Kushnir attend at Ron Mana's house? Portpin: No comment.
11. When and how did you first meet Yoram Yossifoff? Portpin: No comment.
12. When and how did you first meet Ron Mana? Portpin: No comment.
13. Mr Chainrai recently categorically denied giving an interview to Matt Slater of the BBC. Does he maintain that this interview did not take place? If so, what action has he taken against Matt Slater and is he calling him a liar? Portpin: No comment.
I have sent the next batch of ten questions to Tavistock and hopefully I will be able to bring you some answers to those on Wednesday.
The views of Micah Hall are his own and don't necessarily reflect the editorial view of pompey-fans.com. Any proceeds of this column are donated to Action Aid.
The Pompey Supporters' Trust is still seeking pledges from Pompey fans to back their bid. Information can be found here