Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Best squad in 10 years? 15:51 - Aug 20 with 3340 viewskysersosaqpr

If Remy stays, Fer and Vargas and cock-in come in, and we keep Hoddle, I think that will make this squad the best we've had for a decade. No relegation battle either, mid table beckons.

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

Best squad in 10 years? on 15:52 - Aug 20 with 3326 viewspaulparker

Kyser, be careful with this , a lot of posters were saying the same thing before the Chelsea game a couple of season back, then we got relegated winning only 4 games

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Best squad in 10 years? on 15:57 - Aug 20 with 3289 viewskysersosaqpr

Best squad in 10 years? on 15:52 - Aug 20 by paulparker

Kyser, be careful with this , a lot of posters were saying the same thing before the Chelsea game a couple of season back, then we got relegated winning only 4 games

Agree, but we do have:
A sense of a team spirit; some leaders on the pitch; and a decent manager and coach.
None of the above last time round, just a bunch of money grabbing turncoats.

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

Best squad in 10 years? on 15:57 - Aug 20 with 3284 viewsWestminsteRs

You realise Hoddle isn't actually part of the squad? I suppose we are short of a midfielder or two.
Best squad in 10 years? on 15:58 - Aug 20 with 3279 viewspaulparker

Best squad in 10 years? on 15:57 - Aug 20 by kysersosaqpr

Agree, but we do have:
A sense of a team spirit; some leaders on the pitch; and a decent manager and coach.
None of the above last time round, just a bunch of money grabbing turncoats.

I know what your saying fella, its down to the management & players to prove it now
the longer we go without a win the pressure builds like last time

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Best squad in 10 years? on 15:59 - Aug 20 with 3271 viewsLythamR

It might well be the best squad in 10 years, the trouble is most of the teams in this league also have the best squad they have had for 10 years and in those 10 years they have mostly been considerably better than us
Best squad in 10 years? on 16:11 - Aug 20 with 3217 viewsrsonist

Aaarrrghhhh why would anyone summon this terrible jinx again after the last time.
Best squad in 10 years? on 16:12 - Aug 20 with 3206 viewsBromleyHoop

Oh yes the QPR squad of 2004-5. Dean Sturridge and Shabazz Baidoo. I reckon our current crop just about edges it!

1 GK Chris Day
2 DF Marcus Bignot
3 DF Gino Padula
4 DF Richard Edghill
5 DF Danny Shittu
7 DF Matthew Rose
8 MF Marc Bircham
9 FW Tony Thorpe
10 FW Kevin Gallen
11 MF Gareth Ainsworth
14 MF Martin Rowlands
15 FW Jamie Cureton
16 MF Marcus Bean
17 MF Lee Cook

18 MF Stefan Bailey
19 GK Generoso Rossi
20 FW Dean Sturridge
21 MF Adam Miller
22 DF Arthur Gnohéré
23 DF Georges Santos
24 DF Lewis Hamilton
25 MF Scott Donnelly
27 FW Aaron Brown
29 FW Paul Furlong
30 MF Scott Mulholland
31 FW Luke Townsend
34 FW Shabazz Baidoo
35 DF Pat Kanyuka

I see Cureton is still banging the goals in aged 63
[Post edited 20 Aug 2014 16:14]

Poll: Who is your player of the season

Best squad in 10 years? on 16:14 - Aug 20 with 3187 viewslondonscottish

Best squad in 10 years? on 16:11 - Aug 20 by rsonist

Aaarrrghhhh why would anyone summon this terrible jinx again after the last time.

Fugging got to ignore this thread and comments from pundits along the lines of "rangers have got to much about them to go down....."......

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Login to get fewer ads

Best squad in 10 years? on 16:15 - Aug 20 with 3184 viewsdaveB

I was thinking the same thing., I came away from Saturday feeling as I did after we lost at Spurs last time thinking we'd be fine.
Best squad in 10 years? on 16:59 - Aug 20 with 3076 viewsLoft1979

Best squad in 10 years? on 16:12 - Aug 20 by BromleyHoop

Oh yes the QPR squad of 2004-5. Dean Sturridge and Shabazz Baidoo. I reckon our current crop just about edges it!

1 GK Chris Day
2 DF Marcus Bignot
3 DF Gino Padula
4 DF Richard Edghill
5 DF Danny Shittu
7 DF Matthew Rose
8 MF Marc Bircham
9 FW Tony Thorpe
10 FW Kevin Gallen
11 MF Gareth Ainsworth
14 MF Martin Rowlands
15 FW Jamie Cureton
16 MF Marcus Bean
17 MF Lee Cook

18 MF Stefan Bailey
19 GK Generoso Rossi
20 FW Dean Sturridge
21 MF Adam Miller
22 DF Arthur Gnohéré
23 DF Georges Santos
24 DF Lewis Hamilton
25 MF Scott Donnelly
27 FW Aaron Brown
29 FW Paul Furlong
30 MF Scott Mulholland
31 FW Luke Townsend
34 FW Shabazz Baidoo
35 DF Pat Kanyuka

I see Cureton is still banging the goals in aged 63
[Post edited 20 Aug 2014 16:14]

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2004—05_Queens_Park_Rangers_F.C._season
Best squad in 10 years? on 17:06 - Aug 20 with 3043 viewsAntti_Heinola

Best squad in 10 years? on 16:15 - Aug 20 by daveB

I was thinking the same thing., I came away from Saturday feeling as I did after we lost at Spurs last time thinking we'd be fine.

Agree Dave.
On paper this does look a good squad. But on paper, so did the squad Hughes put together. Only takes a couple of things to go wrong and suddenly you're staring at the abyss.

It's going to be a long, hard season, but I have to give Redknapp credit, these signings seem sensible, even exciting, and will improve the side. But it's also not beyond the realms of possibility for us to lose Remy to a transfer and then Charlie through injury and suddenly we look a bit fooked!

Bare bones.

Best squad in 10 years? on 17:09 - Aug 20 with 3026 viewsEalingRanger

Please can you delete this thread Clive. I'm having horrible flashbacks to the "will we finish in the champions league thread" before our four wins all season relegation year.
Best squad in 10 years? on 17:53 - Aug 20 with 2930 viewsdermyqpr

Got FER in, (E) Chris DAY (still at Stevenage I believe) as back-up keeper and a great name is reborn.

Wayne is at Portsmouth press office , so says Wiki.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024