Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rumblings of Chery to West Ham??? 17:34 - Aug 9 with 9595 viewsdermyqpr

Don't know if there's anything in it. 6 mill ??
Rumblings of Chery to West Ham??? on 10:37 - Aug 10 with 2742 viewsPunteR

Just kidding.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Rumblings of Chery to West Ham??? on 10:40 - Aug 10 with 2723 viewsichbinnaughty

Rumblings of Chery to West Ham??? on 10:31 - Aug 10 by PunteR

He's gone. £8 mill.

Yay, let's go get Balotelli
Rumblings of Chery to West Ham??? on 10:42 - Aug 10 with 2712 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Might have legs

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/qpr-negotiations-sho

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Rumblings of Chery to West Ham??? on 10:51 - Aug 10 with 2666 viewsQPR_John

Rumblings of Chery to West Ham??? on 10:42 - Aug 10 by Metallica_Hoop

Might have legs

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/qpr-negotiations-sho

Look at the date
Rumblings of Chery to West Ham??? on 10:52 - Aug 10 with 2664 viewsLongsufferingR

Rumblings of Chery to West Ham??? on 10:42 - Aug 10 by Metallica_Hoop

Might have legs

That's from January!!
Rumblings of Chery to West Ham??? on 10:53 - Aug 10 with 2649 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I know I was just entering into the rumour spirit.

Rumblings of Chery to West Ham??? on 10:53 - Aug 10 with 2649 viewssuttonranger

Not really that funny
Rumblings of Chery to West Ham??? on 10:54 - Aug 10 with 2643 viewskensalriser

Only link I can see between Chery and West Ham is food related.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Login to get fewer ads

Rumblings of Chery to West Ham??? on 11:05 - Aug 10 with 2569 viewssimmo

Be surprised and a little disappointed if he goes, but IF we get a £6m offer on a player we spent £2.5m on just a year earlier, we should sell. It would be annoying though, especially if it happens this late in the summer and when other really good number 10 alternatives have already been snapped up.

Confident he will still be our player come Sept though.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Rumblings of Chery to West Ham??? on 11:11 - Aug 10 with 2528 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Rumblings of Chery to West Ham??? on 11:05 - Aug 10 by simmo

Be surprised and a little disappointed if he goes, but IF we get a £6m offer on a player we spent £2.5m on just a year earlier, we should sell. It would be annoying though, especially if it happens this late in the summer and when other really good number 10 alternatives have already been snapped up.

Confident he will still be our player come Sept though.

Good post.

I'd normally be in favour of buying low and selling high.

Three factors here, though, should TC attract real interest:-

1) Is he likely to extend his contract here soon? If not, his value will soon be affected
2) Do we think that he is likely to perform well enough to rise his value?
3) Do we have reliable replacement options lined up? After all, £6m for Les was huge money. Until we started spending it.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Rumblings of Chery to West Ham??? on 11:15 - Aug 10 with 2510 viewsBklynRanger

Hasselbank talking about the possibility of playing two up front. Could this in fact be a contingency plan for the potential loss of the diminutive Dutch wizard? It certainly begs the question absolutely it does. More to follow.

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/jimmy-floyd-hasselba
Rumblings of Chery to West Ham??? on 11:20 - Aug 10 with 2481 viewsLongsufferingR

Rumblings of Chery to West Ham??? on 11:15 - Aug 10 by BklynRanger

Hasselbank talking about the possibility of playing two up front. Could this in fact be a contingency plan for the potential loss of the diminutive Dutch wizard? It certainly begs the question absolutely it does. More to follow.

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/jimmy-floyd-hasselba

No I think with BFG and Washington up front, he should play Chery in behind with three wingers and a pair of number 10s. Smithies probably only needs two defenders in front of him anyway.
Rumblings of Chery to West Ham??? on 11:22 - Aug 10 with 2473 viewsBklynRanger

Rumblings of Chery to West Ham??? on 11:20 - Aug 10 by LongsufferingR

No I think with BFG and Washington up front, he should play Chery in behind with three wingers and a pair of number 10s. Smithies probably only needs two defenders in front of him anyway.

Inverted christmas tree formation - very nice, like it.
Rumblings of Chery to West Ham??? on 11:26 - Aug 10 with 2449 viewssimmo

Rumblings of Chery to West Ham??? on 11:11 - Aug 10 by BrianMcCarthy

Good post.

I'd normally be in favour of buying low and selling high.

Three factors here, though, should TC attract real interest:-

1) Is he likely to extend his contract here soon? If not, his value will soon be affected
2) Do we think that he is likely to perform well enough to rise his value?
3) Do we have reliable replacement options lined up? After all, £6m for Les was huge money. Until we started spending it.

1) I think he wants to play in the PL, if we don't get close this season, he would probably be angling for a move over signing a new deal
2) I think he will be better than last season and although confident we can keep him this summer, there will be a fair few suitors in Jan
3) Someone like Bradley Dack could be picked up for about £2m. Lovely little player. There's nothing I have seen from Les and Lee to suggest they would re-invest profit like that badly.
[Post edited 10 Aug 2016 11:28]

Rumblings of Chery to West Ham??? on 11:30 - Aug 10 with 2419 viewsSuffolkHoop

Chery to stay at QPR, I've heard.
Rumblings of Chery to West Ham??? on 11:31 - Aug 10 with 2334 viewsPunteR

Seriously though, I think he has gone..

Blob that is. I think he has gone.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Rumblings of Chery to West Ham??? on 11:32 - Aug 10 with 2329 viewsichbinnaughty

Rumblings of Chery to West Ham??? on 11:26 - Aug 10 by simmo

1) I think he wants to play in the PL, if we don't get close this season, he would probably be angling for a move over signing a new deal
2) I think he will be better than last season and although confident we can keep him this summer, there will be a fair few suitors in Jan
3) Someone like Bradley Dack could be picked up for about £2m. Lovely little player. There's nothing I have seen from Les and Lee to suggest they would re-invest profit like that badly.

What price would most on here begrudgingly take, and wave Chery on his way?
For me, no less than £8m - in a world where McCormack goes for £14m, and Pritchard costs £8m...

I know absolutely nothing about Bradley Dack. Any others that might be decent replacement options?
Rumblings of Chery to West Ham??? on 11:36 - Aug 10 with 2316 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Rumblings of Chery to West Ham??? on 11:31 - Aug 10 by PunteR

Seriously though, I think he has gone..

Blob that is. I think he has gone.

Nah, he's out sheep raiding to stock up for the harsh Welsh winter.

Apparently roadkill has fallen due to Brexit according to the BBC and no one would lent him a tenner

Rumblings of Chery to West Ham??? on 11:36 - Aug 10 with 2313 viewsTacticalR

Chery abducted by aliens.

Air hostess clique

Rumblings of Chery to West Ham??? on 11:41 - Aug 10 with 2283 viewsSuffolkHoop

Rumblings of Chery to West Ham??? on 11:32 - Aug 10 by ichbinnaughty

For me, no less than £8m - in a world where McCormack goes for £14m, and Pritchard costs £8m...

I know absolutely nothing about Bradley Dack. Any others that might be decent replacement options?

He's getting on now but Norwich might be prepared to sell us Wes Hoolahan now they've got their very over priced Pritchard. Or there's Andrew Shinnie at Birmingham. In League One there's Marcus Maddison at Posh or Bradley Dack at Gillingham.
Rumblings of Chery to West Ham??? on 11:43 - Aug 10 with 2272 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Rumblings of Chery to West Ham??? on 11:26 - Aug 10 by simmo

1) Yes, hard to see him signing a new contract unless we're in contention around January
2) Agreed
3) Agreed. I have faith in LF and LH as well, just a matter of whether they can get their targets in for the fees and wages they want.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Rumblings of Chery to West Ham??? on 11:54 - Aug 10 with 2225 viewssimmo

Rumblings of Chery to West Ham??? on 11:32 - Aug 10 by ichbinnaughty

£6-8m is about right TBH, Pritchard hasn't proven himself in the prem but he has the same calibre in this league, plus he's English and much younger. Although of all the offers that could come in, Chery is the one we should think about the hardest, he's our best at the end of the day and after a 1st year when he was hit and miss, this should be the time that WE should be benefitting from that patience.

As for number 10's I like... Che Adams who just went to Brum would have been a decent shout, similarly players like George Moncur and Sawyers who have already been bought would have been viable options. Dack is probably the pick from league 1 that is still there. As for more proven options - Lansbury would be brilliant, albeit he would probably cost a lot and need big wages, similarly I would love Cairney from Fulham but again, that would be more than we'd pay.

We also have Luongo, Cousins, El Karate, Gladwin, etc that can play that position just off the striker, so we could move them and find an alternative in another position. Or maybe it would solve the problem of not being able to play 442 as we wouldn't have to accomodate our best player (chery) in his best position.

Rumblings of Chery to West Ham??? on 12:14 - Aug 10 with 2166 viewskensalriser

Worth a lot to us, sure, but I don't see Chery being at all ready for the PL. He's still finding his feet at this level.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Rumblings of Chery to West Ham??? on 13:57 - Aug 10 with 1966 viewsbosh67

Rumblings of Chery to West Ham??? on 12:14 - Aug 10 by kensalriser

Worth a lot to us, sure, but I don't see Chery being at all ready for the PL. He's still finding his feet at this level.

And he is 28.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Rumblings of Chery to West Ham??? on 13:15 - Aug 11 with 1653 viewsTacticalR

Rumblings of Chery to West Ham??? on 12:14 - Aug 10 by kensalriser

Very hard to say whether a player can step up a level or not, but in the friendly against Watford I thought he looked a cut above a lot of the other players, and pretty vital for us if we are going to be focused on defence and need at least one player who can break the deadlock in tight games.

Air hostess clique

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024