Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hendo 17:25 - Oct 15 with 7353 viewsolympicdale

Appears to be half the player he was a year or so ago. He looked lost today, not sure whether he should push forward or be the midfield enforcer, he appeared to confuse the front three with where he should be. I love Hendo, but on current form, is there a place for him.

Life is a game of fate.

Hendo on 21:20 - Oct 15 with 2184 viewsrochedale

Skipped all comments. Ridiculous. What are you trying to achieve?

Stupid thread.

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

Hendo on 23:42 - Oct 15 with 2051 viewsolympicdale

Hendo on 19:35 - Oct 15 by sweetcorn

Not sure if srs olympicdale??? He's just come off the back of a 3 week injury lay off and has been asked to play out of position and off the back of that he's not the player he was?

Do us a favour olympic and log off.

Im a huge Hendo fan, and I realise he's had a long break, but even before his layoff he wasn't playing with the same intensity. Today he didnt play badly, but it was frustrating to see so many passes misplaced, and he seemed static in his movement, he didn't look fully match fit, but as the captain he was always likely to play. As always, classy response from Sweetcorn, dont like my opinion then block me.
[Post edited 15 Oct 2016 23:45]

Life is a game of fate.

Hendo on 01:09 - Oct 16 with 1954 viewsdingdangblue

If Mendez Laing had used his head Hendo would have put us 1-0 in the 1st 5 mins - not sure why he didn't pass the ball across for a simple tap in - but it all came good in the end.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Hendo on 07:49 - Oct 16 with 1881 views1907

For me his has to play in the forward three line. Andrew and Davies have cemented their place in that three and it's the other position that's up for grabs. McDermott, NML and Henderson all in competition for it. Cannon should be playing in the second row of three and will feel hard done to being dropped today, however he was fantastic when he came on.
Hendo on 08:05 - Oct 16 with 1861 viewsroccydaleian

Hendo on 07:49 - Oct 16 by 1907

For me his has to play in the forward three line. Andrew and Davies have cemented their place in that three and it's the other position that's up for grabs. McDermott, NML and Henderson all in competition for it. Cannon should be playing in the second row of three and will feel hard done to being dropped today, however he was fantastic when he came on.

Aye Cannon was brill, but it was yesterday btw.
Hendo on 08:23 - Oct 16 with 1839 views1907

Hendo on 08:05 - Oct 16 by roccydaleian

Aye Cannon was brill, but it was yesterday btw.

The celebratory drinks haven't fully wore off yet
Hendo on 19:25 - Oct 16 with 1720 viewsThe_Knightowl

Football League paper had Hendo as the STAR MAN and Rafferty in Team of the day.
Hendo on 19:39 - Oct 16 with 1693 viewsLaveritty

Hendo on 19:25 - Oct 16 by The_Knightowl

Football League paper had Hendo as the STAR MAN and Rafferty in Team of the day.

I have often wondered whether the people who allocate the marks out of 10 in the Sunday papers actually watch the game or do they just look to see which strikers have scored and which defenders/keepers have kept clean sheets and base the marks on that. For me Hendo was relatively subdued (apart from scoring the pen of course) until the introduction of Cannon and then he started to show a bit more industry.

As for Raff (and this from one of his biggest fans) - hope this doesn't sound harsh and not wishing to detract from another reasonably decent shift by him I would only have marked him as the 4th best defender. I thought Keane and Canavan were superb again and Bunney is proving why Keith Hill was right to persevere with him even though he is now playing a totally different and unfamiliar role.

Still - it all comes down to that word again - opinions. Everybody has a different one and who is to say which is the definitive one?

Poll: Would you prefer relegation to happen…

Login to get fewer ads

Hendo on 21:14 - Oct 16 with 1628 viewsD_Alien

Hendo on 19:39 - Oct 16 by Laveritty

I have often wondered whether the people who allocate the marks out of 10 in the Sunday papers actually watch the game or do they just look to see which strikers have scored and which defenders/keepers have kept clean sheets and base the marks on that. For me Hendo was relatively subdued (apart from scoring the pen of course) until the introduction of Cannon and then he started to show a bit more industry.

As for Raff (and this from one of his biggest fans) - hope this doesn't sound harsh and not wishing to detract from another reasonably decent shift by him I would only have marked him as the 4th best defender. I thought Keane and Canavan were superb again and Bunney is proving why Keith Hill was right to persevere with him even though he is now playing a totally different and unfamiliar role.

Still - it all comes down to that word again - opinions. Everybody has a different one and who is to say which is the definitive one?

You're right about Raff, didn't have a bad game but less assured yesterday than he usually is

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Hendo on 02:39 - Oct 17 with 1502 viewsAtThePeake

Although I can understand the frustration at negativity coming out at such a positive time, in my book there's nothing wrong with criticising the odd thing when things are going well - just like there's nothing wrong with looking for the positives when things aren't going so well. You can always improve.

For me, Hendo's performance was the only blot on an otherwise fine afternoon. Although he did put in a few crosses he looked lost at times in the midfield, miscontrolled the ball a few times and had two half-chances he possibly should've done better with.

I haven't been to as many games as most on here but I personally feel I haven't seen him play anywhere near his best for quite some time now.

Just an observation, that's all.

Tangled up in blue.

Hendo on 11:32 - Oct 17 with 1386 viewsDaleiLama

Hendo on 02:39 - Oct 17 by AtThePeake

Although I can understand the frustration at negativity coming out at such a positive time, in my book there's nothing wrong with criticising the odd thing when things are going well - just like there's nothing wrong with looking for the positives when things aren't going so well. You can always improve.

For me, Hendo's performance was the only blot on an otherwise fine afternoon. Although he did put in a few crosses he looked lost at times in the midfield, miscontrolled the ball a few times and had two half-chances he possibly should've done better with.

I haven't been to as many games as most on here but I personally feel I haven't seen him play anywhere near his best for quite some time now.

I've only managed to get to 2 games, but I agree with your sentiment.

Said before, things are never as bad as they seem (by all accounts we played well during the bad start, points-wise) or as good as they seem (this winning run will come to an end and we probably won't win the league ).

Not sure I'd call Hendo's performance a "blot", but sub-par for him and not his first recently by all accounts. The old adage that form is temporary and class is permanent remains true but as more players recover fitness, there'll be some fierce competition for places and if things don't improve he may find himself the odd man out.

Be interesting to see if Hilly starts him at Swindon. I suspect so and if so, I hope he carries on where he left off rather than how he started against Bury.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Hendo on 12:10 - Oct 17 with 1347 viewspaulscho

Couple of goals coming from Hendo this week.

livinginadalewonderland

Hendo on 13:14 - Oct 17 with 1267 viewsSaxonDale

Hendo on 02:39 - Oct 17 by AtThePeake

Completely agree.

There was a time when Henderson would be first name on the teamsheet amongst almost the entire fanbase, now however for a number of reasons the same cannot be said. Thought the game passed him by on Saturday and for whatever reason things aren't clicking for him, or haven't for some time. Maybe it's just part of aging as a footballer and having to adopt your game.

He has finally learnt how to take a good penalty though.
Hendo on 13:22 - Oct 17 with 1248 viewsScunnydale

I think it might also be partly due to having other options now. Andrew and Davies upfront are doing a good job as is NML. Throw Joey T and Donal into the mix and we're not going to miss Hendo as much as we would have done last season or the one before. Just look at the past three weeks' results.

That said, I still believe Hendo will get back to somewhere near as good as he has been for us. He's creative and intelligent on the ball and that doesn't usually go so quickly.

I'm pretty happy with a forward line/attacking midfield of any five of the following: Hendo, Andrew, Davies, NML, Joey T and Donal. That's before we mention the likes of Vincenti, Allen, Camps, etc. And RNL...
Hendo on 14:03 - Oct 17 with 1189 viewsdingdangblue

Hendo on 13:14 - Oct 17 by SaxonDale

Completely agree.

There was a time when Henderson would be first name on the teamsheet amongst almost the entire fanbase, now however for a number of reasons the same cannot be said. Thought the game passed him by on Saturday and for whatever reason things aren't clicking for him, or haven't for some time. Maybe it's just part of aging as a footballer and having to adopt your game.

He has finally learnt how to take a good penalty though.

Well it went in - which is good.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024