Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Was yesterdays win the most impressive in our Premier history? 13:16 - Jan 22 with 10673 viewsStarsky

The BT commentator touched on this yesterday.

I know we've beaten the very best in the last 6 years but yesterday... Liverpool would have gone second if they'd won against a Swansea side bottom of the table with a squad deemed not good enough and a defence that was stated, the worst defence in Europe.

We go 2-0 up and I was just waiting for the comeback, just like in 1981 at Anfield.

Well, it happened and at 2-2 it was almost inevitable that if any team got the winner it would be Liverpool. That winner for us, still going forward to get a goal on the break was richly deserved.

History has been made and it's our first ever League win at Anfield, who hadn't lost at home for over a year.

For me... this is our finest win in 6 a Premier years, given the current circumstances.
[Post edited 22 Jan 2017 13:19]

It's just the internet, init.

Was yesterdays win the most impressive in our Premier history? on 15:57 - Jan 23 with 1159 viewsjasper_T

Was yesterdays win the most impressive in our Premier history? on 15:43 - Jan 23 by AngelRangelQS

So Chelsea beating Liverpool is more impressive than Accrington Stanley beating Liverpool because Chelsea have a better team?

Surely the fact that we've had a terrible season, on our third manager, conceded something like 20 goals in our last 6 league games and were playing a side capable of ripping anyone apart who haven't lost at home in a year was pretty damn impressive, irrespective of what we've done in previous seasons?

The "most impressive win in Chelsea's Premier League history" didn't happen last season when they were a struggling mid-table outfit.

Accrington Stanley have never been in the Premier League iirc.
Was yesterdays win the most impressive in our Premier history? on 16:04 - Jan 23 with 1157 viewsAngelRangelQS

Was yesterdays win the most impressive in our Premier history? on 15:57 - Jan 23 by jasper_T

The "most impressive win in Chelsea's Premier League history" didn't happen last season when they were a struggling mid-table outfit.

Accrington Stanley have never been in the Premier League iirc.

No because they've got plenty of contenders and you'd probably pick an away win somewhere when they were chasing a title (I.e when the stakes were high)

Similarly, I don't think an early season victory against a united team or a win towards the end of the season against City are as impressive as going to anfield when we are sh*t, surrendering a two goal lead and still winning.

As far as I'm concerned, this game was up there with the most impressive results we've had in this league. Nowhere near the best performance but an impressive outcome all the same.

It shouldn't really matter whether Accrington Stanley have been in the premier league or not (incidentally you did recall correctly - I checked - they never have been) - they could have played them in an FA Cup tie. It wouldn't have been impressive though, because they're crap and in league two and Liverpool haven't won the league for 25/30 years or whatever it is.
Was yesterdays win the most impressive in our Premier history? on 16:05 - Jan 23 with 1155 viewsDafyddHuw

Was yesterdays win the most impressive in our Premier history? on 17:18 - Jan 22 by Rancid

That's Claude Makalele.

Indeed
Was yesterdays win the most impressive in our Premier history? on 16:59 - Jan 23 with 1141 viewsOldjack

Taking every thing into account ,it has to be top of the pile to date

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Was yesterdays win the most impressive in our Premier history? on 20:37 - Jan 23 with 1075 viewsKilkennyjack

I think it probably is. Massive.
Well done to Clemo and the boys. The hard work was clear to see.

We have a chance now. In the mix.

Beware of the Risen People

Was yesterdays win the most impressive in our Premier history? on 20:51 - Jan 23 with 1063 viewsjasper_T

I think I see the confusion, guys it was Leicester that one the league last year. Liverpool came 8th (4 whole places ahead of us).

They start with the same letter though so easy mistake to make.
Was yesterdays win the most impressive in our Premier history? on 20:57 - Jan 23 with 1048 viewsjacksfullaces

best win I have witnessed in person (but wasn't at any of the Arsenal away wins or Man Utd which I would think be the rivals - having never previously won at Anfield in the league might nudge it into first place?)

Beating Spurs at home would be the other duck I'd like to see us break this season - first ever game I went to we beat them 2-1 so about time we did that again. But that's getting ahead of myself - one win allows us to dream again ....
Was yesterdays win the most impressive in our Premier history? on 21:17 - Jan 23 with 1043 viewsdailew

Was yesterdays win the most impressive in our Premier history? on 20:57 - Jan 23 by jacksfullaces

best win I have witnessed in person (but wasn't at any of the Arsenal away wins or Man Utd which I would think be the rivals - having never previously won at Anfield in the league might nudge it into first place?)

Beating Spurs at home would be the other duck I'd like to see us break this season - first ever game I went to we beat them 2-1 so about time we did that again. But that's getting ahead of myself - one win allows us to dream again ....

Don't think we'd ever won at Manure either (or QPR) in the league.

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

Login to get fewer ads

Was yesterdays win the most impressive in our Premier history? on 22:15 - Jan 23 with 1014 viewsTNT

Rochdale was bigger than any of those mun!

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Was yesterdays win the most impressive in our Premier history? on 23:05 - Jan 23 with 986 viewsJethroJack

Was yesterdays win the most impressive in our Premier history? on 21:17 - Jan 23 by dailew

Don't think we'd ever won at Manure either (or QPR) in the league.

Apart from the 1-2 at Old Trafford in LVG's first Utd game - Ki and Siggy scored.
(and 1-2 in FA Cup, Routs & Wilf).
Saw both.
[Post edited 23 Jan 2017 23:11]
Was yesterdays win the most impressive in our Premier history? on 23:08 - Jan 23 with 984 viewsJethroJack

Fantastic win on Saturday, but Arsenal 0-2 Michu takes some beating for the old one/two in the dying minutes. Also, Chelsea 0-2 set us up nicely to get to Wembley to lift our first major trophy 🏆
Saw both.
[Post edited 23 Jan 2017 23:12]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024