Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hill interview 19:49 - Jan 5 with 14332 viewsupthedale2403

Hill interview on 23:52 - Jan 5 with 3115 views49thseason

I think you can probably put all 4 goals down to Done not being any sort of left back and never getting within 2 yards of the lad who scored the hat trick and the assist for another one. He didn't bother to jump with him for the first one and got turned inside out on the edge of his box for the second and then started ranting at Delaney. got nowhere near him for the assist on the third and had given up trying to catch him when he scored the fourth. Very very poor and another one who can clear out his locker as far as I am concerned.
Hill interview on 01:15 - Jan 6 with 2934 viewskiwidale

Hill interview on 23:52 - Jan 5 by 49thseason

I think you can probably put all 4 goals down to Done not being any sort of left back and never getting within 2 yards of the lad who scored the hat trick and the assist for another one. He didn't bother to jump with him for the first one and got turned inside out on the edge of his box for the second and then started ranting at Delaney. got nowhere near him for the assist on the third and had given up trying to catch him when he scored the fourth. Very very poor and another one who can clear out his locker as far as I am concerned.

Don't blame Done for being played out of position he was only good at left back in a dominant side and very very good in his natural position so good that Sheffield Unt played hi in a similar role in their promotion side. He was so good enough for them tp pay him 5/ grand a week and a fee which was a waste of money considering they never played him left back.

This is not the time for bickering.

Hill interview on 03:25 - Jan 6 with 2870 viewssweetcorn

Hill interview on 01:15 - Jan 6 by kiwidale

Don't blame Done for being played out of position he was only good at left back in a dominant side and very very good in his natural position so good that Sheffield Unt played hi in a similar role in their promotion side. He was so good enough for them tp pay him 5/ grand a week and a fee which was a waste of money considering they never played him left back.

Sheffield united played him at LB more than a few times in his spell there..

Done isn’t good enough to play anywhere in our team now. He’s lost 2/3 yards of pace and thats what his game was built around and he’s not a good enough footballer to adapt his game.
[Post edited 6 Jan 2019 3:41]

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Hill interview on 05:12 - Jan 6 with 2844 viewskiwidale

Hill interview on 03:25 - Jan 6 by sweetcorn

Sheffield united played him at LB more than a few times in his spell there..

Done isn’t good enough to play anywhere in our team now. He’s lost 2/3 yards of pace and thats what his game was built around and he’s not a good enough footballer to adapt his game.
[Post edited 6 Jan 2019 3:41]

You obviously know more about Done at Sheff Utd than me so tell me was done used primarily as a LB at sheff Unt or as a wide striker I seem to remember he scored several important goals for them in their promotion year. You have missed my point spectacularly which is Done can and was effective at LB in a dominant side much like Bunney was but like Bunney he is a liability when called on to defend. Where would you play him LB or further forward.
[Post edited 6 Jan 2019 5:17]

This is not the time for bickering.

Hill interview on 08:24 - Jan 6 with 2785 viewssmaclad1

Read into the interview what you will - it can and has been taken to suit any personal agenda.

I personally thought it was open and honest. I'm not saying it answers any questions in terms of going forward, but as a reflection on yesterday and a general statement as to playing resources it was OK.
Hill interview on 09:39 - Jan 6 with 2598 viewsDalenet

Hill interview on 08:24 - Jan 6 by smaclad1

Read into the interview what you will - it can and has been taken to suit any personal agenda.

I personally thought it was open and honest. I'm not saying it answers any questions in terms of going forward, but as a reflection on yesterday and a general statement as to playing resources it was OK.

Agree. But he does look a bit lost. The team doesn't need a few tweaks anymore it needs some wholesale changes or the lads that are ill need to get well fast. He wants us to trust him to fix it but I can't see the fans giving him the chance. The board won't sack him as I suspect we will need to pay him and his coaching team close to £1m all told and a new coach will want money for new players. So it will be fans v Hill for next 5 months. I hope he just stays quiet, eats humble pie, and then quietly gets on and rescues the mess that he has made himself. If he does it then he can claim to be our best ever manager. Meanwhile we can expect sub 2000 crowds at home
Hill interview on 10:43 - Jan 6 with 2460 viewsmikehunt

How can we trust him to fix things anymore? His teams have got poorer and poorer over the seasons: from those heady days of beating the likes of Southampton, Preston, Huddersfield and the two Sheffields. We managed that with our limited financial resources. But, do you remember him once saying, "We have to go with what we have, I can't pull anymore rabbits out of hats". This, now, appears to be the case.
He had his bad season last time and pulled off a miracle (thanks to Latics). He has had all that time to come up with a fix and it has come to this. The fact he has to go back to old favourites, shows he is running out of ideas (imo of course) And things were compounded yesterday by throwing kids on to the pitch in order to salvage a desperate situation.
The fact that we are haemorrhaging our best players is hugely significant and who is going to want to come here now?
We're doomed oi tell 'ee! Doomed!

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Hill interview on 11:00 - Jan 6 with 2400 viewssweetcorn

Hill interview on 05:12 - Jan 6 by kiwidale

You obviously know more about Done at Sheff Utd than me so tell me was done used primarily as a LB at sheff Unt or as a wide striker I seem to remember he scored several important goals for them in their promotion year. You have missed my point spectacularly which is Done can and was effective at LB in a dominant side much like Bunney was but like Bunney he is a liability when called on to defend. Where would you play him LB or further forward.
[Post edited 6 Jan 2019 5:17]

I didn't miss what you were trying to get at all. I however disagreed with your end remark which was another sly little dig at Keith hill suggesting he shouldn't be playing done there, when he's not the only manager to see fit to do so.

Under clough done was played primiraly as a striker/inside forward. However wilder preferred to play him LB/LWB or not at all..

And I've told you where I'd play him. The reserves

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Login to get fewer ads

Hill interview on 11:29 - Jan 6 with 2325 views49thseason

Hill interview on 01:15 - Jan 6 by kiwidale

Done has played enough games at left back to realise that he needs to get much closer to the best player on the pitch if he is to stop him running riot, he didnt and their winger scored a hat trick. We have been leaking goals down that side for weeks because word has gone around that we cant defend there. On top of that he cant put a cross over (not that anyone else can either) and doesn't have the pace to go past anyone. The system Hill seems to want to play demands two wingbacks who can both defend and put crosses in which means they have to be able to get up and down the pitch for 90 minutes, neither Done nor Rafferty can cross a ball with any accuracy which reduces the system to a nonsense. If Rafferty has be told he will not be resigned , its hard to believe Done has any future either, maybe he has put two and two together.
Hill interview on 12:21 - Jan 6 with 2220 viewsJames1980

Just watched the full interview I think the club should make this one freeview.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Hill interview on 12:26 - Jan 6 with 2196 viewsShun

Hill interview on 11:00 - Jan 6 by sweetcorn

I didn't miss what you were trying to get at all. I however disagreed with your end remark which was another sly little dig at Keith hill suggesting he shouldn't be playing done there, when he's not the only manager to see fit to do so.

Under clough done was played primiraly as a striker/inside forward. However wilder preferred to play him LB/LWB or not at all..

And I've told you where I'd play him. The reserves

He’s been a terrible LB for a while and Nthle has to be seen as the only viable option in that position now.

However, I think Done needs a run of games as a forward before we write him off completely. It defies belief that we have Henderson and Done both as regular starters yet since the latter’s been brought back from Sheff Utd Hill hasn’t even attempted to replicate one of our best ever strike partnerships for more than a few minutes here and there. I’d really like to try that partnership again before we give up on Done. The last time he was switched further forward a few games ago he hit the post within minutes. Next game he was back at LB.
Hill interview on 12:47 - Jan 6 with 2130 viewsD_Alien

Hill interview on 12:26 - Jan 6 by Shun

He’s been a terrible LB for a while and Nthle has to be seen as the only viable option in that position now.

However, I think Done needs a run of games as a forward before we write him off completely. It defies belief that we have Henderson and Done both as regular starters yet since the latter’s been brought back from Sheff Utd Hill hasn’t even attempted to replicate one of our best ever strike partnerships for more than a few minutes here and there. I’d really like to try that partnership again before we give up on Done. The last time he was switched further forward a few games ago he hit the post within minutes. Next game he was back at LB.

I agree, and regardless of whether Done's lost a yard or two of pace, he'd still offer more threat than either Inman or Williams11, both of whom are absolute passengers in a team trying to hang onto any remaining vestiges of confidence

That Hill hasn't given Hendo/Done a serious try in a 442 or 532 is a travesty of management

Just to try and gain some defensive stability, it could be time to revert to a 532, just as we did with our backs against the wall last season. It worked, and next week at Peterborough would be the place to start. It'd probably mean McNulty coming back in, between MJW and Delaney, but he looked at his most secure in that role, with some leadership skills which are solely lacking. When all else fails, try what's worked before

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Hill interview on 12:56 - Jan 6 with 2084 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Hill interview on 23:52 - Jan 5 by 49thseason

Done is a shadow of the player we sold to the Blades.......runs around a fair bit and raises his leg occasionally to stop an opponent and pretend he is involved but rarely gets a proper tackle in......add to that like all our players he is incapable of a decent cross and very often caught well out of position and we are left wanting.

But he not on his own.
Hill interview on 12:58 - Jan 6 with 2073 viewsJames1980

Would you say with regards to team selection and tactics. Until we have 50 points Hill should do what he needs to do not what he wants to do?

Hill interview on 13:08 - Jan 6 with 2041 viewsrochdale_ranger

Another car crash interview from the maestro of PR. Going on about how he’s a family man and vague abstract notions of sticking together and solidarity when the only person who has slagged the fans off for nearly two seasons is him. He is very deep and metaphorical though Ill give him that.

With regards to Done being a leftback, the only game I’ve seen him excel in that position was the Millwall game last season and it’s pretty fair to say everyone raised their game that night. I would rather see him upfront if only because we know he can get goals and we don’t have jackshit else up front. Felt sorry for the new kid yesterday debuting under such awful circumstances,
Hill interview on 13:35 - Jan 6 with 1944 viewsYorkshire_Dale

"They 've got to find their own confidence"......"it was hard for Me the players and the supporters".........yeah but the SUPPORTERS paid to watch that shit!

Get real laddie.
Hill interview on 14:07 - Jan 6 with 1860 viewsSandyman

Looked online today to see if Hill had been sacked after yet another day of carnage and he hasn't been. Why?
What sort of madness has possessed this club keeping a loser like him in employment?
I watched my mum die of cancer. It was horrible. Watching RAFC wither and become wretched because of Keith Hill is almost as bad. Christies and the NHS did their best for my mum. Sorting RAFC out is much easier. Just get rid of Hill and employ a competent person as manager instead of a bullshitting fool.
Hill Out.
Hill interview on 14:08 - Jan 6 with 1857 viewsrichfoad32

Hill interview on 12:58 - Jan 6 by James1980

Would you say with regards to team selection and tactics. Until we have 50 points Hill should do what he needs to do not what he wants to do?

I'm not sure where everybody is getting this '50 points and we're safe' idea from? It might be the historical average but this season could easily be an anomaly and we might end up needing 5 or 6 more than that. Either way it's looking like a hard grind between now and the end of the season.
Hill interview on 14:16 - Jan 6 with 1830 viewsParkinsGimp

Hill interview on 20:17 - Jan 5 by dalenumber2

Yes at least there was some explanation of who is injured - Clough, Thompson, Alby, Dooley, And Calvin has been ill this week.

Alby is not injured so he has lied as well as shown misconduct to fans , alledgely two fingered salute, I have been told but cant believe the arrogant one could be so blatant.
As for Andrew , he's not ill hes just crap always has been always will be. Lincoln must be mad, please take him asap.
Hill interview on 14:26 - Jan 6 with 1791 viewsMoonyDale

Hill interview on 14:08 - Jan 6 by richfoad32

I'm not sure where everybody is getting this '50 points and we're safe' idea from? It might be the historical average but this season could easily be an anomaly and we might end up needing 5 or 6 more than that. Either way it's looking like a hard grind between now and the end of the season.

No it's gonna be a breeze, after all we never lose to teams below us and we are a massive 3 points above the drop zone with a huge goal difference......Having played a game more, with the world's grestest manager in charge.......Oh shit hang on......
[Post edited 6 Jan 2019 14:27]

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Hill interview on 14:35 - Jan 6 with 1739 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Hill interview on 14:07 - Jan 6 by Sandyman

Looked online today to see if Hill had been sacked after yet another day of carnage and he hasn't been. Why?
What sort of madness has possessed this club keeping a loser like him in employment?
I watched my mum die of cancer. It was horrible. Watching RAFC wither and become wretched because of Keith Hill is almost as bad. Christies and the NHS did their best for my mum. Sorting RAFC out is much easier. Just get rid of Hill and employ a competent person as manager instead of a bullshitting fool.
Hill Out.

I don't think you are the only one looking for a re-action to yesterday and the previous dickings.

I keep sneaking onto Twitter to check "is he still here?".....has he fallen on his sword yet?

But obviously the Board of Directors have no knuts and the man himself no dignity to say my time is up.

We're stuffed for now.
Hill interview on 15:04 - Jan 6 with 1631 viewsJames1980

Get the impression some folk think the only acceptable interview would have been for Keith to say sorry I quit. Refer any other questions to Chris Beech.

Hill interview on 15:12 - Jan 6 with 1592 viewsrdaleouis

Hill interview on 14:35 - Jan 6 by Yorkshire_Dale

I don't think you are the only one looking for a re-action to yesterday and the previous dickings.

I keep sneaking onto Twitter to check "is he still here?".....has he fallen on his sword yet?

But obviously the Board of Directors have no knuts and the man himself no dignity to say my time is up.

We're stuffed for now.

Hill said months ago that disgruntled fans should call the chairman if they wanted him gone...

Anybody know how to do that?!
Hill interview on 15:14 - Jan 6 with 1578 viewsMoonyDale

Hill interview on 15:04 - Jan 6 by James1980

Get the impression some folk think the only acceptable interview would have been for Keith to say sorry I quit. Refer any other questions to Chris Beech.

At last you're getting it....

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Hill interview on 15:14 - Jan 6 with 1577 viewsRAFCBLUE

Hill interview on 15:12 - Jan 6 by rdaleouis

Hill said months ago that disgruntled fans should call the chairman if they wanted him gone...

Anybody know how to do that?!

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/club/contact-us4/

But I'd save your money; there's a fans forum on the 14th where you can meet him in person.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024