Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lee Mason and the other arrogant one 20:49 - Feb 3 with 5504 viewsdachiltern

This says it all really ....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55922560
Lee Mason and the other arrogant one on 11:16 - Feb 7 with 1181 viewsstowmarketrange

Lee Mason and the other arrogant one on 10:10 - Feb 7 by QPRSteve

I wonder what is record was like when reffing Chelsea games?

He did 49 Chelshite games and they won 24 of them and lost only 10.He took charge in 7 of ours and we only won 2 of them,and lost the other 5,so I guess he wasn’t biased enough.
Clive might know the two games we won with him as ref,if he keeps records of that sort of thing.
Lee Mason and the other arrogant one on 11:18 - Feb 7 with 1176 viewsTGRRRSSS

I'm pretty sure some of the so called top refs have a habit of if not favouring certain sides then at least trying to be "kinder" in order that they get the biggest games - some of the decisions Man United have got in ther past 25 years are astounding and there's no question THAT game in 96 was going to carry on till they equalised.

The call on Andy Hall and Rob Styles probably being deliberate in their dislike of QPR is obvious and I am sure Gerry Francis suggested Styles shouldn't ref us again.

Mike Deans weird, how is he still reffing the top level, it seems like he's been going forever.
Lee Mason and the other arrogant one on 11:25 - Feb 7 with 1151 viewsDavieQPR

It's down to a case of who referees a match? The man on the pitch, VAR ref or both. It was my understanding that VAR was there for when a ref wasn't sure. Now they seem to rely on VAR to make all their big decisions for them.
Lee Mason and the other arrogant one on 11:32 - Feb 7 with 1140 viewsTGRRRSSS

One of the reasons for VAR was to deal with violent conduct, which seemingly this West Ham/Fulham situation is about.

One of the reasons I think VAR is having such a detrimental affect is because I think all the refs involved are thinking at the back of their mind if they don't use VAR and it's wrong they'll get pelters for not going to VAR in the end VAR more or less takes over and refs merely there to be the man on the ground (Or Woman)

Pandora's box was opened on VAR when all it should have really been for was goal line of certain contentious matters things, which can include violent conduct, it should be for where someones frction of a toe is.
Lee Mason and the other arrogant one on 11:35 - Feb 7 with 1134 viewsbakerloo8

That's never a red card for Soucek in a million years. Any guff that Dean and Mason or whoever come up with to justify that will be talking just that -guff.

Appalling. Glad we're not subjected to this VAR nonsense.
Lee Mason and the other arrogant one on 11:52 - Feb 7 with 1101 viewsWatford_Ranger

Lee Mason and the other arrogant one on 11:32 - Feb 7 by TGRRRSSS

One of the reasons for VAR was to deal with violent conduct, which seemingly this West Ham/Fulham situation is about.

One of the reasons I think VAR is having such a detrimental affect is because I think all the refs involved are thinking at the back of their mind if they don't use VAR and it's wrong they'll get pelters for not going to VAR in the end VAR more or less takes over and refs merely there to be the man on the ground (Or Woman)

Pandora's box was opened on VAR when all it should have really been for was goal line of certain contentious matters things, which can include violent conduct, it should be for where someones frction of a toe is.

I think it’s good the ref can look at the Soucek incident as he and his team on the pitch may have half an eye or less on something like that. It’s not the tech’s fault he looks at it ten times and decides to give a red card.

On the 1mm toenail offsides, they have to draw a line somewhere even if they factored in the margin of error of the tech. Think it would be better if that line was based on the feet or ‘daylight’ rather than favouring defenders as it does now but we’d still have tight offsides.
Lee Mason and the other arrogant one on 13:09 - Feb 7 with 1037 viewsdistortR

Lee Mason and the other arrogant one on 11:52 - Feb 7 by Watford_Ranger

I think it’s good the ref can look at the Soucek incident as he and his team on the pitch may have half an eye or less on something like that. It’s not the tech’s fault he looks at it ten times and decides to give a red card.

On the 1mm toenail offsides, they have to draw a line somewhere even if they factored in the margin of error of the tech. Think it would be better if that line was based on the feet or ‘daylight’ rather than favouring defenders as it does now but we’d still have tight offsides.

if you want VAR for offsides, and take into account that you are offside or you aren't, then the situation we are in now is inevitable. Any other method is subjective, open to interpretation and cries of 'not fair'.

Bin VAR.

I've ran the line, and considered it nigh on impossible. The imposition of VAR has actually shown me what a good job linesmen did on the whole. The championship is much the better for not having VAR, it was an experiment, it's not really suited to football, move on!
Lee Mason and the other arrogant one on 15:58 - Feb 7 with 971 viewsPinnerPaul

Lee Mason and the other arrogant one on 11:11 - Feb 7 by terryb

He refereed our games because he didn't declaree himself as a Rangers fan, whereas one of his fellow officials did (sorry, his name has escaped me).

The sending off against Watford was not debatable as the defender made a goalkeeping save on the goal line. It may be that my memory is wrong, but I'm fairly sure the penalty was only taken once & we scored easily from it. I think this is popular fictional folklore regarding a "disputed sending off & a retaken penalty".

I'm sure Clive's match report would answer this, but I can't remember which year it was!

Poll also was our ref in other matches.

EDIT: This match was in season 04-05 & was the season before Clive's reports are available in the Features section! Rangers won the game 3-1.
[Post edited 7 Feb 2021 11:32]

Mark Halsey was the other high profile ref/QPR fan.

He went quite a long time before taking himself off our games - source = his autobiography!
Login to get fewer ads

Lee Mason and the other arrogant one on 16:04 - Feb 7 with 964 viewsWatford_Ranger

Lee Mason and the other arrogant one on 13:09 - Feb 7 by distortR

if you want VAR for offsides, and take into account that you are offside or you aren't, then the situation we are in now is inevitable. Any other method is subjective, open to interpretation and cries of 'not fair'.

Bin VAR.

I've ran the line, and considered it nigh on impossible. The imposition of VAR has actually shown me what a good job linesmen did on the whole. The championship is much the better for not having VAR, it was an experiment, it's not really suited to football, move on!

Yeah agree my preference would be to bin it entirely but don’t think that’s realistic, sadly. In a VAR world it’ll always be crap but think it could be a bit less crap.
Lee Mason and the other arrogant one on 16:11 - Feb 7 with 955 viewsloftboy

After he retired Poll used to watch us from the west paddock, I remember him reffing us v Watford where we got a pen and their player got sent off for the handball.
Edit : just seen the previous post
[Post edited 7 Feb 2021 16:12]

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Lee Mason and the other arrogant one on 16:30 - Feb 7 with 931 viewsstowmarketrange

Lee Mason and the other arrogant one on 15:58 - Feb 7 by PinnerPaul

Mark Halsey was the other high profile ref/QPR fan.

He went quite a long time before taking himself off our games - source = his autobiography!

I just googled his stats and he never took charge of any of our games.Unless their stats only refer to the home team rather than both teams?
Lee Mason and the other arrogant one on 16:55 - Feb 7 with 917 viewsQPR_John

Lee Mason and the other arrogant one on 11:52 - Feb 7 by Watford_Ranger

Do they check where that toenail was immediately when the pass was made. Off side is where you are when the pass was made not where you are after the pass was made.
Lee Mason and the other arrogant one on 18:01 - Feb 7 with 882 viewsdistortR

Lee Mason and the other arrogant one on 16:55 - Feb 7 by QPR_John

Do they check where that toenail was immediately when the pass was made. Off side is where you are when the pass was made not where you are after the pass was made.

they can't deliver that technology at the moment, which surely means the technology that follows - the lines, etc - is based on a falsehood.
[Post edited 7 Feb 2021 18:53]
Lee Mason and the other arrogant one on 13:38 - Feb 8 with 767 viewsPinnerPaul

Lee Mason and the other arrogant one on 16:30 - Feb 7 by stowmarketrange

I just googled his stats and he never took charge of any of our games.Unless their stats only refer to the home team rather than both teams?

Said in his autobiography that he was doing one of our games and realised he couldn't be totally impartial.
Lee Mason and the other arrogant one on 13:38 - Feb 8 with 765 viewsPinnerPaul

Lee Mason and the other arrogant one on 18:01 - Feb 7 by distortR

they can't deliver that technology at the moment, which surely means the technology that follows - the lines, etc - is based on a falsehood.
[Post edited 7 Feb 2021 18:53]

Correct!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024