Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Scotland gender recognition law. 15:00 - Dec 21 with 12419 viewsFlashberryjack

Scotland appears likely to pass controversial gender reforms which would make it easier for transgender people to change their recorded gender.

The Gender Recognition Reform (Scotland) Bill will remove the need for a medical diagnosis of gender dysphoria in order to receive a gender recognition certificate (GRC).

It would also lower the minimum age for applicants to 16 and reduce the time required for an applicant to live in their acquired gender from two years to three months (or six for people aged 16 and 17) - though there will be a three-month reflection period.

MSPs will consider the last of the 153 amendments lodged at stage three of the bill after a marathon session of parliament yesterday, before a final vote this afternoon.

How long before Drakeford and the Senedd folow suit ?

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Scotland gender recognition law. on 21:58 - Jan 16 with 1190 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Let’s be honest. It’s a bill that has been designed to entice opposition from the uk government. Nobody in their right minds can think it’s a good idea.

I repeat my comments from earlier on in this thread. Gender dysphoria is a medical condition. Therefore it needs a medical diagnosis. To take that away is utter madness, it just doesn’t make sense.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Scotland gender recognition law. on 22:19 - Jan 16 with 1161 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Scotland gender recognition law. on 21:58 - Jan 16 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

Let’s be honest. It’s a bill that has been designed to entice opposition from the uk government. Nobody in their right minds can think it’s a good idea.

I repeat my comments from earlier on in this thread. Gender dysphoria is a medical condition. Therefore it needs a medical diagnosis. To take that away is utter madness, it just doesn’t make sense.

Having a medical input seems sensible for younger people who may he still developing emotionally. What is there to lose?

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Scotland gender recognition law. on 22:21 - Jan 16 with 1140 viewsDr_Parnassus

Some genuinely do think it’s a good idea though.

Although I do question why they think it is. Usually it’s because it “sounds” accepting and that is the virtue card at the moment. Sadly they don’t think of the ramifications.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Scotland gender recognition law. on 22:21 - Jan 16 with 1157 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Scotland gender recognition law. on 22:19 - Jan 16 by JACKMANANDBOY

Having a medical input seems sensible for younger people who may he still developing emotionally. What is there to lose?

Their penis and testicles?

Scotland gender recognition law. on 22:30 - Jan 16 with 1149 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Scotland gender recognition law. on 22:21 - Jan 16 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

Their penis and testicles?

I'll line them up, you knock them in........

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Scotland gender recognition law. on 22:37 - Jan 16 with 1144 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Scotland gender recognition law. on 22:30 - Jan 16 by JACKMANANDBOY

I'll line them up, you knock them in........

I’m no surgeon but I think that’s how the operation is performed yes.

Scotland gender recognition law. on 12:34 - Jan 17 with 1063 viewsCountyJim

I'm no Tory fan but I'm with them on this
Scotland gender recognition law. on 14:20 - Jan 17 with 1031 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Yes complete nonsense to have two different genders laws in the UK.

In Scotland a 16 year old boy can decide he is a girl and use the women's toilets even if real women are offended by his ****.

In the rest of the UK if he used women's toilets he would get arrested for flashing.
[Post edited 18 Jan 2023 10:26]

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Login to get fewer ads

Scotland gender recognition law. on 14:56 - Jan 17 with 1015 viewsVincent_Vega

It's the genuine individuals who suffer gender dismorphia that I feel sorry for, being used ANOTHER political football for politicians to get what they want. You mean to tell me Sturgeon kicking up a massive fuss, driving a huge wedge between Hollyrood and Westminster because shes being a bastion of transgender rights?? Get outta here!!

Boycott Shampoo......Demand Real Poo!!!

Scotland gender recognition law. on 16:49 - Jan 17 with 996 viewscontroversial_jack

I have no problem if ppl wish to pretend to be another gender, it's their choice not mine
Scotland gender recognition law. on 17:15 - Jan 17 with 987 viewsWingstandwood

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11644381/Green-MSP-claims-Scotland-expl

QUOTE: "A Green MSP has claimed Scotland 'should be exploring' opportunities for children as young as eight to decide whether to legally change their gender."

Another WOKE adult with a yearning to 'explore' stuff with pre-pubecent children?

Argus!

Scotland gender recognition law. on 18:51 - Jan 17 with 956 viewsScotia

Taking the medical input away is nuts. No pun intended.

Apparently though its to do with the very long waiting list to see a gender dysphoria consultant.

Clearly Sturgeon thinks the best way to solve this problem is to let children decide if they have got gender dysphoria themselves, with no medical input.

It's a very good way of reducing NHS waiting lists mind.
Scotland gender recognition law. on 20:50 - Jan 17 with 925 viewsKeithHaynes

Scotland gender recognition law. on 18:51 - Jan 17 by Scotia

Apparently though its to do with the very long waiting list to see a gender dysphoria consultant.

Clearly Sturgeon thinks the best way to solve this problem is to let children decide if they have got gender dysphoria themselves, with no medical input.

It was a fine pun mind.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Scotland gender recognition law. on 21:03 - Jan 17 with 914 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Scotland gender recognition law. on 18:51 - Jan 17 by Scotia

It’s a system that could catch on. I’ve got a bit of a sore throat so I’m diagnosing myself with small pox and will claim disability benefits immediately.

Scotland gender recognition law. on 22:31 - Jan 17 with 894 viewsScotia

Scotland gender recognition law. on 21:03 - Jan 17 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

It’s a system that could catch on. I’ve got a bit of a sore throat so I’m diagnosing myself with small pox and will claim disability benefits immediately.

After sitting in the stadium tonight I've definitely got hypothermia.

I've told my boss I'll see him in 6 weeks. What could possibly go wrong.
Scotland gender recognition law. on 10:33 - Jan 18 with 849 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Scotland gender recognition law. on 16:49 - Jan 17 by controversial_jack

I have no problem if ppl wish to pretend to be another gender, it's their choice not mine

Correct, it is having their pretend gender being forced on the rest of us by law that is wrong.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Scotland gender recognition law. on 10:57 - Jan 18 with 845 viewsCountyJim

I used to work with a bloke he the full shamonga done then he said he was a lady came out and said he was a lesbian 🤔
Scotland gender recognition law. on 12:18 - Jan 18 with 824 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Scotland gender recognition law. on 10:57 - Jan 18 by CountyJim

I used to work with a bloke he the full shamonga done then he said he was a lady came out and said he was a lesbian 🤔

Does this lady declare to the other ladies she has relations with that she used to be a man? Seems a bit unethical if she’s sleeping with lesbians and they don’t know they’re actually sleeping with a man.

Scotland gender recognition law. on 12:23 - Jan 18 with 823 viewsCountyJim

Scotland gender recognition law. on 12:18 - Jan 18 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

Does this lady declare to the other ladies she has relations with that she used to be a man? Seems a bit unethical if she’s sleeping with lesbians and they don’t know they’re actually sleeping with a man.

Don't know tbh last seen him about 3 years ago
Scotland gender recognition law. on 19:46 - Jan 18 with 773 viewsSirjohnalot

From what I understand (probably very little ) it’s more about things like birth certificates. There will still be protected biological women only places like refuges and changing rooms etc,
Scotland gender recognition law. on 11:33 - Jan 19 with 720 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Scotland gender recognition law. on 19:46 - Jan 18 by Sirjohnalot

From what I understand (probably very little ) it’s more about things like birth certificates. There will still be protected biological women only places like refuges and changing rooms etc,

Should birth certificates be changed though? It registers the sex, not the gender. If a doctor says “congratulations it’s a boy” it’s not an arbitrary decision, they don’t flip a coin. They are medical professionals making a judgement based on observations after years and years of experience and medical training.

If that boy then grows up and twenty years later makes the decision he’s not male any more how can they retrospectively change the certificate that was made at the time by a medical professional?

This whole bill and the movement at large is an absolute legal moral and illogical minefield. It’s been poorly thought out, shockingly executed and in my opinion is only there for the independence obsessed SNP to drive a cynical and deliberate political wedge between themselves and Westminster. The idea that sturgeon or any of them care two hoots about such a tiny, largely irrelevant minority of people for the right reasons is risible. If they really cared they would have spent more time thinking it through and delivering it properly.

Scotland gender recognition law. on 12:18 - Jan 19 with 711 viewsGwyn737

Scotland gender recognition law. on 11:33 - Jan 19 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

Should birth certificates be changed though? It registers the sex, not the gender. If a doctor says “congratulations it’s a boy” it’s not an arbitrary decision, they don’t flip a coin. They are medical professionals making a judgement based on observations after years and years of experience and medical training.

If that boy then grows up and twenty years later makes the decision he’s not male any more how can they retrospectively change the certificate that was made at the time by a medical professional?

This whole bill and the movement at large is an absolute legal moral and illogical minefield. It’s been poorly thought out, shockingly executed and in my opinion is only there for the independence obsessed SNP to drive a cynical and deliberate political wedge between themselves and Westminster. The idea that sturgeon or any of them care two hoots about such a tiny, largely irrelevant minority of people for the right reasons is risible. If they really cared they would have spent more time thinking it through and delivering it properly.

The best argument I've heard on the importance of biological sex goes like this:

A person needs medical attention for lower abdominal pain. Is it improtant that the doctor knows its a man or a woman?
Scotland gender recognition law. on 12:30 - Jan 19 with 702 viewsSirjohnalot

Scotland gender recognition law. on 12:18 - Jan 19 by Gwyn737

The best argument I've heard on the importance of biological sex goes like this:

A person needs medical attention for lower abdominal pain. Is it improtant that the doctor knows its a man or a woman?

That would all be in their notes.

Thankfully it’s something I’ve never had to endure, it’s massively complicated and I’m not qualified to really comment
Scotland gender recognition law. on 12:37 - Jan 19 with 697 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Scotland gender recognition law. on 12:30 - Jan 19 by Sirjohnalot

Thankfully it’s something I’ve never had to endure, it’s massively complicated and I’m not qualified to really comment

Are you certain it would be in their notes? When my dad was in hospital there was a bloke in there with the same name and they kept mixing up the medication.

They are incompetent enough as it is.

Scotland gender recognition law. on 12:39 - Jan 19 with 694 viewsGwyn737

Scotland gender recognition law. on 12:30 - Jan 19 by Sirjohnalot

I just think it's a stronger argument on why changing biological sex is impossible.

As for changing gender - live and let live.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024