Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Shamima Begum 14:52 - Feb 22 with 7986 viewsFlashberryjack

Shamima Begum has lost her appeal against the government's decision to remove her British citizenship and remains barred from returning to the UK.

Begum, now 23, left the country as a teenager to join the Islamic State (IS) group in Syria.

Personally, I'm glad she's been refused citizenship, but I just wonder how many times she can appeal against this decision, and who pays for her legal team, must be costing a fortune.

Thoughts ?

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Shamima Begum on 15:00 - Feb 24 with 1027 viewsBoundy

Shamima Begum on 10:50 - Feb 24 by controversial_jack

Perhaps you can join the Ukrainian army

Thinking of you

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Shamima Begum on 17:30 - Feb 24 with 995 viewsGwyn737

What would happen if a British national committed a heinous crime but was living in the lap of luxury somewhere having the life of Riley?

Would we take their citizenship of them so they could never be tried for their crimes?

I’m with johnlangly on this one. She’s our problem. Sadly.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2023 17:44]
Shamima Begum on 18:26 - Feb 24 with 966 viewsFlashberryjack

Shamima Begum on 17:30 - Feb 24 by Gwyn737

What would happen if a British national committed a heinous crime but was living in the lap of luxury somewhere having the life of Riley?

Would we take their citizenship of them so they could never be tried for their crimes?

I’m with johnlangly on this one. She’s our problem. Sadly.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2023 17:44]

She's not our problem though.

Hello

Shamima Begum on 18:57 - Feb 24 with 962 viewsBadgeman

Shamima Begum on 12:36 - Feb 23 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

We have been lumbered with hundreds of thousands of security risks in the last twenty years alone and more security risks are arriving every day.

Total non sequitur. She was born here. She should face justice here.

The most formidable weapon against errors of every kind is reason.
Poll: Is Huw's position untenable?

Shamima Begum on 19:00 - Feb 24 with 960 viewsBadgeman

Shamima Begum on 18:53 - Feb 23 by Togg

She went out to Syria with two other girls. Another was already out there. Were they forced? Very much doubt it. Wheres the evidence she was groomed? Yes of course they are responsible. Just look at the Bulger case. Those two boys paid the price with custodial sentences. They were far younger than this woman.

Very good argument for bringing her home and sticking her on trial.

Shamima Begum on 19:16 - Feb 24 with 941 viewsFlashberryjack

Shamima Begum on 19:00 - Feb 24 by Badgeman

She's pleaded guilty, let her serve her sentence where she is, and save this country the money of keeping her.

Hello

Shamima Begum on 19:21 - Feb 24 with 937 viewsBoundy

Shamima Begum on 19:00 - Feb 24 by Badgeman

Why waste more time and money on her ?

Shamima Begum on 19:30 - Feb 24 with 935 viewsBadgeman

Shamima Begum on 19:21 - Feb 24 by Boundy

Why waste more time and money on her ?

Because she’s a prolific terrorist who’s broken the law. Funny how the tough talk dissipates when it comes to cleaning up our own mess.

Login to get fewer ads

Shamima Begum on 19:36 - Feb 24 with 926 viewsGwyn737

Shamima Begum on 18:26 - Feb 24 by Flashberryjack

She's not our problem though.

I don’t think it’s a long term solution.
Shamima Begum on 19:46 - Feb 24 with 917 viewsBadgeman

Shamima Begum on 19:16 - Feb 24 by Flashberryjack

She's pleaded guilty, let her serve her sentence where she is, and save this country the money of keeping her.

When did she plead guilty in this country?

Shamima Begum on 19:56 - Feb 24 with 905 viewsFlashberryjack

Shamima Begum on 19:36 - Feb 24 by Gwyn737

I don’t think it’s a long term solution.

Neither do I.
The lawyers will get their way eventually, and she'll be back in the UK soon enough.
Not only costing us a fortune in legal fees and monitoring, whilst at the same time being a shining light to other young people that might consider joining other terrorist organisations, knowing full well they can run back to the UK if things go tits up.

Hello

Shamima Begum on 20:00 - Feb 24 with 902 viewsGwyn737

Shamima Begum on 19:56 - Feb 24 by Flashberryjack

Neither do I.
The lawyers will get their way eventually, and she'll be back in the UK soon enough.
Not only costing us a fortune in legal fees and monitoring, whilst at the same time being a shining light to other young people that might consider joining other terrorist organisations, knowing full well they can run back to the UK if things go tits up.

So better off getting her back and prosecuting? I reckon so.
Shamima Begum on 20:06 - Feb 24 with 900 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Neither do I.

She’s probably safer where she is.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Shamima Begum on 20:17 - Feb 24 with 897 viewsBadgeman

Neither do I.

Funny how the people who make the most noise about being tough on terrorism, crime and our borders don’t actually approve of any of the things you have to do to back that rhetoric up. It’s probably why our borders are in such a state.

Shamima Begum on 20:55 - Feb 24 with 884 viewsBoundy

Shamima Begum on 19:30 - Feb 24 by Badgeman

Because she’s a prolific terrorist who’s broken the law. Funny how the tough talk dissipates when it comes to cleaning up our own mess.

Not the tax payers mess which is usually the ones who pay , not sure why you appear so desperate to have her back her , others more qualified than you or I have made a decision based on what they know about what she did or did not do so why go through it all again , as I posted earlier what about the other 476 who've had their citizenship removed ? a few for similar offences

Shamima Begum on 21:46 - Feb 24 with 844 viewsBadgeman

Shamima Begum on 20:55 - Feb 24 by Boundy

Not the tax payers mess which is usually the ones who pay , not sure why you appear so desperate to have her back her , others more qualified than you or I have made a decision based on what they know about what she did or did not do so why go through it all again , as I posted earlier what about the other 476 who've had their citizenship removed ? a few for similar offences

How many of those people had other nationalities or citizenships before they were British.

I think we should be bringing terrorists to justice in this country, not make them stateless spectacles and tabloid fodder to impress the easily led who like tough talk and no action.

Shamima Begum on 00:05 - Feb 25 with 807 viewsBoundy

Shamima Begum on 21:46 - Feb 24 by Badgeman

How many of those people had other nationalities or citizenships before they were British.

I think we should be bringing terrorists to justice in this country, not make them stateless spectacles and tabloid fodder to impress the easily led who like tough talk and no action.

I have no idea and that's my point , no one has mentioned the 476 , ever ,but this one has to be seen to brought back to the UK just to placate minority , you keep saying tough talk ete, maybe thats whats needed and action and that action has been decided , she's forfeited the right to live in this country , like smugglers , drug dealers . I'm out of this conversation my view point's been made and it isn't changing

Shamima Begum on 12:25 - Feb 25 with 746 viewscontroversial_jack

Her's another viewpoint, which i believe has some merit

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/barring-shamima-begum-because-her-050000226.html
Shamima Begum on 12:33 - Feb 25 with 743 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Shamima Begum on 20:55 - Feb 24 by Boundy

The difference is that a few people in the media have got hold of this one and are promoting her story rather than presenting us with a balanced view of the case from all sides. So one case gets lots of coverage and people are influenced, they have not heard about the other 476 cases, which is another part of the story, not included in the current coverage.

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/shamima-begum-is-no-victim-and-i-should-know
[Post edited 25 Feb 2023 13:26]

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Shamima Begum on 13:47 - Feb 25 with 727 viewsBoundy

Shamima Begum on 12:33 - Feb 25 by JACKMANANDBOY

The difference is that a few people in the media have got hold of this one and are promoting her story rather than presenting us with a balanced view of the case from all sides. So one case gets lots of coverage and people are influenced, they have not heard about the other 476 cases, which is another part of the story, not included in the current coverage.

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/shamima-begum-is-no-victim-and-i-should-know

I agree ,slightly off piste but its estimated that 170,000 people in the UK go missing each year , we're recently had wall to wall coverage including TiK Tok warriors all covering the missing lady whose body was sadly found after a 3 week search for her , how many of those 170,000 have had the same coverage , the news is created and driven by the media and the topic is dropped as soon as some thing else becomes fashionable

Shamima Begum on 13:51 - Feb 25 with 727 viewsWingstandwood

Shamima Begum on 12:33 - Feb 25 by JACKMANANDBOY

Balanced view, too bloody right!

Ahhhhh the BBC, and journalists that have aided and abetted innocence fraud campaigns, that has campaigned and told blatant LIES on behalf of child killers and O.A.P killers etc.

Oh and then there is the BBC's and journalists appalling reluctance and total irresponsibility/negligence by refusing to reveal damning evidence presented in court.

One example of which is the Simon Hall case (murderer of 79 year old pensioner) where the BBC were made complete and utter fools of, because he latter went on to confess to his wife....And of course ISIS Hisbah member Begum come suicide vest engineer is using textbook 'Takfiri' strategy used by terrorists in previous atrocities. If I have noticed it GCHQ/MI5 certainly has.

And all this cr@p of letting her face justice in this country?.... Will be a case of a minimal sentence being handed out and being released in a short space of time after 3+ years. At least she is being punished by living in sh1t hole conditions whilst being kept far away. And its more than bleeding obvious that (of all people hey!) Kier Starmer has been privy to all the sitrep's, surveillance and intelligence hence his decision to back the courts decision.

The reason for his change of mind? He realises the danger she presents to the U.K of which the decision was based upon. And justifiably he does not want "repercussions of" on his conscience unlike student-activist standard keyboard dimwits who yearn for her return.

Argus!

Shamima Begum on 14:13 - Feb 25 with 708 viewsFlashberryjack

Shamima Begum on 20:00 - Feb 24 by Gwyn737

So better off getting her back and prosecuting? I reckon so.

No, leave the bitch suffer over there as long as we possibly can

Hello

Shamima Begum on 14:39 - Feb 25 with 690 viewsGwyn737

Shamima Begum on 14:13 - Feb 25 by Flashberryjack

No, leave the bitch suffer over there as long as we possibly can

So if she manages at some point in the future to build a happy life that’s ok? Or do we get her back then?
Shamima Begum on 14:41 - Feb 25 with 685 viewsGwyn737

Shamima Begum on 13:51 - Feb 25 by Wingstandwood

Balanced view, too bloody right!

Ahhhhh the BBC, and journalists that have aided and abetted innocence fraud campaigns, that has campaigned and told blatant LIES on behalf of child killers and O.A.P killers etc.

Oh and then there is the BBC's and journalists appalling reluctance and total irresponsibility/negligence by refusing to reveal damning evidence presented in court.

One example of which is the Simon Hall case (murderer of 79 year old pensioner) where the BBC were made complete and utter fools of, because he latter went on to confess to his wife....And of course ISIS Hisbah member Begum come suicide vest engineer is using textbook 'Takfiri' strategy used by terrorists in previous atrocities. If I have noticed it GCHQ/MI5 certainly has.

And all this cr@p of letting her face justice in this country?.... Will be a case of a minimal sentence being handed out and being released in a short space of time after 3+ years. At least she is being punished by living in sh1t hole conditions whilst being kept far away. And its more than bleeding obvious that (of all people hey!) Kier Starmer has been privy to all the sitrep's, surveillance and intelligence hence his decision to back the courts decision.

The reason for his change of mind? He realises the danger she presents to the U.K of which the decision was based upon. And justifiably he does not want "repercussions of" on his conscience unlike student-activist standard keyboard dimwits who yearn for her return.

Do you think The Spectator is more balanced than the BBC?
Shamima Begum on 14:51 - Feb 25 with 667 viewsFlashberryjack

Shamima Begum on 14:39 - Feb 25 by Gwyn737

So if she manages at some point in the future to build a happy life that’s ok? Or do we get her back then?

So where is she going to have a happy life then ?, no tidy country wants her.

Hello

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024