Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So who should be the new Captain? 18:53 - Jul 27 with 2725 viewsSlacker

Assuming JWP is on his way to FHAM or WHAM.

Who would be your first choice?

Stuart Armstrong ? If he stays.

Or Kyle Walker Peters?

Me thinks Jack Stephens may be in with shout given the managers comments about him.

What do you think?
So who should be the new Captain? on 19:55 - Jul 27 with 2647 viewsRon11

Danny Ings!
Stuart Armstrong....
So who should be the new Captain? on 20:28 - Jul 27 with 2617 viewsonedannywallace

To be able to answer this question you first need to know who will still be here.

The only players who started for Saints in the last year or two I am reasonably sure will still be there are Gavin Buzunu, Jack Straw and Will Smallbone so maybe one of them?!
So who should be the new Captain? on 21:43 - Jul 27 with 2563 viewskingslandstand1

So who should be the new Captain? on 19:55 - Jul 27 by Ron11

Danny Ings!
Stuart Armstrong....

Except Danny Ings has not been loyal to the club in the past and went chasing the dollar not showing the loyalty you would expect from the captain (see separate thread!)

Ok, so the current captain may or may not be going (if staying hopefully this is a pointless thread , but we shall see
So who should be the new Captain? on 21:57 - Jul 27 with 2537 viewsSFC_Referee

So who should be the new Captain? on 21:43 - Jul 27 by kingslandstand1

Except Danny Ings has not been loyal to the club in the past and went chasing the dollar not showing the loyalty you would expect from the captain (see separate thread!)

Ok, so the current captain may or may not be going (if staying hopefully this is a pointless thread , but we shall see

Yeah well I don’t think him joining West Ham, is anywhere near being completed, and looks far from certain. As the main thing that started this all off was him not playing against Bournemouth, and as I got told at the time and has been confirmed since, he got a slight knock and just wasn’t played so that it didn’t risk anything, but will probably play again at the weekend.
As everyone’s now saying how we’ve reacted their bid and will only except bids if people pay what we want for him, which I could see both happening and not…

https://www.westhamzone.com/news/west-ham-united-transfer-news-as-southampton-ch

Poll: Should Russel Martins be sacked if we don’t win playoffs

So who should be the new Captain? on 22:30 - Jul 27 with 2514 viewsSouthamptonfan

Ryan Manning might be a good possibility. He is experienced in the Championship and knows how RM wants to play.

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

So who should be the new Captain? on 22:58 - Jul 27 with 2494 viewsI_would

For the 50002nd time, Prowsey ain't going anywhere. Not good enough for a top team and not worth anywhere near what saints are asking for.

Will end up playing for Saints, demoralised, England career over and getting slower by the day. SR are so stupid they might even takes us down to L1.

Poll: How many players should RH play at the back on Saturday?

So who should be the new Captain? on 00:40 - Jul 28 with 2427 viewspjt50

So who should be the new Captain? on 22:30 - Jul 27 by Southamptonfan

Ryan Manning might be a good possibility. He is experienced in the Championship and knows how RM wants to play.

Spot on! He's one who's definitely going to be here beyond August.

Poll: Where do you hope to see Salisu start (OK, I know we haven't seen him yet)?

So who should be the new Captain? on 12:29 - Jul 28 with 2237 viewsChesham_Saint

FHAM and WHAM? Does that make us SHAM?

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Login to get fewer ads

So who should be the new Captain? on 13:16 - Jul 28 with 2207 viewsstmichael

Jack Stephens all day long

Poll: Do we bring back Bernard at the weekend or stick with Bree?

So who should be the new Captain? on 16:00 - Jul 28 with 2127 viewsGRIM

So who should be the new Captain? on 13:16 - Jul 28 by stmichael

Jack Stephens all day long

How can "slack" Jack "shakin"" Stephen's gets the Captaincy he's not a leader, far too casual & prone to playing statues.
Although I'd like to see JWP move on I've a gut feeling he'll still be here playing sideways & backwards so he'll still be skipper.
So who should be the new Captain? on 23:35 - Jul 31 with 1847 viewsSaintNick

So who should be the new Captain? on 16:00 - Jul 28 by GRIM

How can "slack" Jack "shakin"" Stephen's gets the Captaincy he's not a leader, far too casual & prone to playing statues.
Although I'd like to see JWP move on I've a gut feeling he'll still be here playing sideways & backwards so he'll still be skipper.

I agree, I am not going to get into name calling about him, but he is not a reader of the game or a leader of men, either by his demeanour or by example.

At the moment there is no natural Captain in the squad, I would hope that we have one good experienced signing coming in in the centre of defence and he will be the man

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

So who should be the new Captain? on 07:20 - Aug 1 with 1794 viewsMattFinish

It’s got to be A) someone who will still be at the club, B) someone who will be in the side for the majority of the season and C) someone who’s a leader
That rules out KWP, Stephens and Ings for reasons a, b & c respectively
Personally I’d give it to Janny B if he’s still here
I think JWP will stay but don’t think he’s a captain and relieving him of the duty might improve him
Manning might be worth a shout
Stuey can be the vice captain from the treatment couch
So who should be the new Captain? on 07:22 - Aug 1 with 1790 viewsMattFinish

So who should be the new Captain? on 22:58 - Jul 27 by I_would

For the 50002nd time, Prowsey ain't going anywhere. Not good enough for a top team and not worth anywhere near what saints are asking for.

Will end up playing for Saints, demoralised, England career over and getting slower by the day. SR are so stupid they might even takes us down to L1.

Seriously, you need treatment 😉
So who should be the new Captain? on 08:12 - Aug 1 with 1761 viewsA1079

I am a supporter of JWP, I think he has been faithful and loyal to the club and team (though he has been paid to be but that hasn't stopped others from losing their head to somewhere else and playing up to the detriment of the team or club) and if he does go, he will go with good wishes as far as I am concerned. A decent guy who has kept his head down, no histrionics and been with us through thick and thin.

Accepting I_would will disagree with all I have just said, I don't think JWP has been or is a natural captain or leader but in truth I would struggle to think when we last had a strong captain or leader anywhere on the pitch. Romeu showed some signs of it but I am probably going back to Fonte or Lambert etc - they may not have been captains but they were strong characters and personalities. Out of interest, who would you guys pick out as some of our best captains in the time that you have watched or supported Saints? Showing my age but Ball, Williams, Case, Cockerill, D Armstrong all come to mind for me.
So who should be the new Captain? on 08:48 - Aug 1 with 1736 viewsButty101

So who should be the new Captain? on 07:20 - Aug 1 by MattFinish

It’s got to be A) someone who will still be at the club, B) someone who will be in the side for the majority of the season and C) someone who’s a leader
That rules out KWP, Stephens and Ings for reasons a, b & c respectively
Personally I’d give it to Janny B if he’s still here
I think JWP will stay but don’t think he’s a captain and relieving him of the duty might improve him
Manning might be worth a shout
Stuey can be the vice captain from the treatment couch

Pretty sure ings has left

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024