Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rudy just lost $148m in US court 22:33 - Dec 15 with 2683 viewsKilkennyjack

Everyone who gets close to Trump gets damaged.
[Post edited 15 Dec 2023 22:34]

Beware of the Risen People

Rudy just lost $148m in US court on 20:07 - Dec 17 with 628 viewsmajorraglan

Rudy just lost $148m in US court on 13:16 - Dec 17 by felixstowe_jack

Only there were never were parties just people at work having something to eat and drink. Just like Starmer and Rayner did after a meeting.
[Post edited 17 Dec 2023 13:17]

Are you tripping?
There were numerous flagrant breaches which resulted in our previous and current prime ministers being fined.
Rudy just lost $148m in US court on 20:23 - Dec 17 with 614 viewsmajorraglan

I think aspects of the US judicial system are better than ours and some aspects of our system are better than theirs.

I think having a constitution and defined responsibilities is a positive, I don’t think electing sheriffs and judges along political lines is a positive thing as the law should, in my opinion be completely independent of politicians and I believe that our system is better in that respect.

In terms of accessing legal services for example a defence solicitor Legal Aid in the U.K. has been more or less taken away from the average person and that means people may not get effective legal representation. Money buys access to the legal system and in certain circumstances some are using their money to try and intimidate people and prevent them running stories which may well have substance for fear of libel etc which can’t be right.

https://www.thenational.scot/news/23983077.michelle-mone-played-high-risk-game-d

[Post edited 17 Dec 2023 20:37]
Rudy just lost $148m in US court on 20:35 - Dec 17 with 590 viewsGwyn737

Rudy just lost $148m in US court on 20:07 - Dec 17 by majorraglan

Are you tripping?
There were numerous flagrant breaches which resulted in our previous and current prime ministers being fined.

The cross party committee concluded:

Boris Johnson committed “repeated contempts of parliament”. These include misleading the Commons, as set out below:

“misled the House:

when he said that guidance was followed completely in No. 10, that the Rules and Guidance were followed at all times, that events in No. 10 were within the rules and guidance, and that the rules and guidance had been followed at all times when he was present at gatherings
when he failed to tell the House about his own knowledge of the gatherings where rules or guidance had been broken

when he said that he relied on repeated assurances that the rules had not been broken. The assurances he received were not accurately represented by him to the House, nor were they appropriate to be cited to the House as an authoritative indication of No. 10’s compliance with Covid restrictions

when he gave the impression that there needed to be an investigation by Sue Gray before he could answer questions when he had personal knowledge that he did not reveal.

when he purported to correct the record but instead continued to mislead the House and, by his continuing denials, this committee;

was deliberately disingenuous when he tried to reinterpret his statements to the House to avoid their plain meaning and reframe the clear impression that he intended to give, namely i) when he advanced unsustainable interpretations of the rules and guidance to advance the argument that the lack of social distancing at gatherings was permissible within the exceptions which allowed for gatherings, and

ii) when he advanced legally impermissible reasons to justify the gatherings.

The report also concludes that Johnson committed further contempts of parliament, in that he “breached the confidence” of the committee by discussing its draft findings prior to their publication; “impugned the committee and thereby the undermin[ed] the denmocratic process of the House”; and was “complicit in the campaign of abuse and intimidation of the Committee.”

But, you know, Starmer and Raynor had a pizza and a beer which was investigated but the police and NFA’d so practically the same 🙄
Rudy just lost $148m in US court on 11:09 - Dec 18 with 536 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Rudy just lost $148m in US court on 20:23 - Dec 17 by majorraglan

I think aspects of the US judicial system are better than ours and some aspects of our system are better than theirs.

I think having a constitution and defined responsibilities is a positive, I don’t think electing sheriffs and judges along political lines is a positive thing as the law should, in my opinion be completely independent of politicians and I believe that our system is better in that respect.

In terms of accessing legal services for example a defence solicitor Legal Aid in the U.K. has been more or less taken away from the average person and that means people may not get effective legal representation. Money buys access to the legal system and in certain circumstances some are using their money to try and intimidate people and prevent them running stories which may well have substance for fear of libel etc which can’t be right.

https://www.thenational.scot/news/23983077.michelle-mone-played-high-risk-game-d

Legal aid removed you are having a joke. We are spending more more on legal aid than ever before especially for failed asylum seekers, illegal immigrants and convicted foreign criminals fighting deportation.

Compare that to America where disadvantage people cannot afford to put up bail or buy bail bonds whereas the rich are never held in prison before their trials.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Rudy just lost $148m in US court on 11:35 - Dec 18 with 513 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Rudy just lost $148m in US court on 13:31 - Dec 17 by controversial_jack

No it's not. I don't defend America, because I dislike everything about it, but their legal system is superior to ours.They have a constitution for a start, we don't

Our judges are appointed by an independent commission, if you want judges to be political appointments and want 97 percent of criminal cases resolved by plea bargain then you must be Yankee Doodle Do.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Rudy just lost $148m in US court on 11:54 - Dec 18 with 495 viewstrampie

Rudy just lost $148m in US court on 11:09 - Dec 18 by felixstowe_jack

Legal aid removed you are having a joke. We are spending more more on legal aid than ever before especially for failed asylum seekers, illegal immigrants and convicted foreign criminals fighting deportation.

Compare that to America where disadvantage people cannot afford to put up bail or buy bail bonds whereas the rich are never held in prison before their trials.

Most people were eligible for legal aid after it was created as an integral part of the welfare state just after the war, now hardly anybody is eligible for it meaning justice is the preserve of the rich.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Rudy just lost $148m in US court on 12:08 - Dec 18 with 483 viewsonehunglow

Rudy just lost $148m in US court on 13:31 - Dec 17 by controversial_jack

No it's not. I don't defend America, because I dislike everything about it, but their legal system is superior to ours.They have a constitution for a start, we don't

Ergo ,youdon’t dislike everything
How about every American citizen ?

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Rudy just lost $148m in US court on 00:17 - Dec 19 with 439 viewsDJack

Rudy just lost $148m in US court on 11:35 - Dec 18 by JACKMANANDBOY

Our judges are appointed by an independent commission, if you want judges to be political appointments and want 97 percent of criminal cases resolved by plea bargain then you must be Yankee Doodle Do.

THIS!

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Login to get fewer ads

Rudy just lost $148m in US court on 17:45 - Dec 21 with 372 viewsKilkennyjack

It just hit the fan for Rudy ….

Beware of the Risen People

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024