Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Reserves v Truro City & youth team v Liskeard 10:45 - Jul 24 with 1901 viewsplymhoop

after the 3 first team games this week, saturday saw the R'sss second string take on Truro City at Treyew Road, Cornwall.

we won 4.2. after a very good workout for the players on a hot sunny day.

after going a goal down very early on, clarke pulled one back from the penalty spot and Rowlands sublime finish put the hoops 2.1 up at half time.
in the second half Andrade executed a very nice finish after cutting in from the left to make it 3.1 before Rowlands got his second to put the game out of reach. Truro then battled for a late goal to add some respectability to the scoreline.

apparanetly many of the locals were expecting the first team proper and I had to answer many questions of who's he? and where are the first teamers ? The entrance of £10 was deemed a rip off by some people for our second string and youth players. however there was a very good turn out and a great number of rangers fans in attendance. Hi to any south west hoops i may have chatted to!

amongst the starting line up were : putnins, borrowdale, cook, clarke, rowlands, andrade, harriman, Doughty, Balanta, Germain (as sub) walker from the youth team
no sign of Hulse again, no sign of the peilcan or alberti.
rangers wore the red & black second kit from last season with 'gulf air' still intact!!

even the veteran Barry Hayles was playing for the home side!

sorry i dont have the full team line up but the stadium announcer had to be heard to be believed. well, it is cornwall......

[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

cooky from plymouth

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024