Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Carroll 19:54 - Jan 18 with 5168 viewsjonno

Never been a fan but shocking today I thought.
Carroll on 20:07 - Jan 18 with 3802 viewsted_hendrix

I quite like the lad as a player, I also like the fact that when things aren't going his way he doesn't seem to disappear and is still looking for the ball as was the case today.
I think he should have been taken off about the 60 minute mark as I thought today he was having a shocker.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Carroll on 20:09 - Jan 18 with 3795 viewsBostonR

I agree. Gave the ball away all over the pitch and never really impacts the game. Never a premiership player and not looking like a championship player either.
Carroll on 20:21 - Jan 18 with 3748 viewsINFIRMARY

Any player might and i say "might" give away the ball due to a bad pass once or twice during a game , but Carroll is doing it 5 - 6 per game plus he is really slow to react in defensive aspects of his game, if he was not a loan player he would not be getting games and at this stage of the season we can not afford to carry any players like this !

Poll: F@ck OFF Arry Now

Carroll on 20:21 - Jan 18 with 3745 viewssmegma

Too lightweight.
Carroll on 20:24 - Jan 18 with 3727 viewsbloberts

I think people overreact big time with Carroll, he plays well at Ipswich and we're proclaiming his name. Yet he gives the ball away a couple of times and the fans are all over him.
We play better with him on the pitch. Period.

Poll: Who did you vote for as player of the season?

Carroll on 20:41 - Jan 18 with 3664 viewslongbottom

Should have come off after an hour IMO. Worked hard but it wasn't happening for him.
Late in the game when we needed to keep the ball, the wee feller kept giving it back to 'em.
Carroll on 20:48 - Jan 18 with 3633 viewsBostonR

Carroll on 20:24 - Jan 18 by bloberts

I think people overreact big time with Carroll, he plays well at Ipswich and we're proclaiming his name. Yet he gives the ball away a couple of times and the fans are all over him.
We play better with him on the pitch. Period.

Apart from Ipswich name me a game where he has affected the match in a positive way? His sloppy passing will eventually cost us. Never a first eleven player for me.
Carroll on 21:01 - Jan 18 with 3564 viewsHollowayRanger

he wasnt great

but he never hides and just keeps going got a great engine on him ,like the foul near the end took a yellow for the team there

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Login to get fewer ads

Carroll on 21:08 - Jan 18 with 3536 viewsbloberts

Carroll on 20:48 - Jan 18 by BostonR

Apart from Ipswich name me a game where he has affected the match in a positive way? His sloppy passing will eventually cost us. Never a first eleven player for me.

The stats show we earn more points per game, score more goals etc. when he plays. No other midfielder picks up the ball from the cb's and tries to move us forward positively, yes he gives away a few passes but he is still a developing young player, the only way he will learn and develop is through playing and, maybe making a few mistakes. Us English fans much prefer to have some c*nt like Barton going around the pitch hacking people down and always going for the Hollywood pass, and that is why there are no good English cm's about!
If our fans hadn't decided to turn into a bunch of Arsenal/Spurs type fans then maybe he and the team may be able to express themselves and perform better.
RANT OVER.

Poll: Who did you vote for as player of the season?

Carroll on 21:09 - Jan 18 with 3525 viewsAntti_Heinola

Felt he had a half decent first half, despite shocking team selection, completely devoid of pace and mostly of attacking intent from Redknapp, but he began the second half giving the ball away 5 times in 10 minutes. Thereafter, I felt he shrank from the game. Harry's bending over backwards to get him in the side, and I understand why - but it's not working, sorry. If we had different midfielders next to him, it might. But not with our players. Having said that, while O'Neil was awful first half, Henry had maybe his best game for us.

Bare bones.

Carroll on 21:36 - Jan 18 with 3443 viewswhittocksRs

Carroll on 21:08 - Jan 18 by bloberts

The stats show we earn more points per game, score more goals etc. when he plays. No other midfielder picks up the ball from the cb's and tries to move us forward positively, yes he gives away a few passes but he is still a developing young player, the only way he will learn and develop is through playing and, maybe making a few mistakes. Us English fans much prefer to have some c*nt like Barton going around the pitch hacking people down and always going for the Hollywood pass, and that is why there are no good English cm's about!
If our fans hadn't decided to turn into a bunch of Arsenal/Spurs type fans then maybe he and the team may be able to express themselves and perform better.
RANT OVER.

He didn't show at all for the CBs today. Makes far too many mistakes and doesn't play a position properly. Not for me.
Carroll on 21:56 - Jan 18 with 3398 viewssexton

His choice of pass is nearly always right as he reading of the game is first-class, but today his execution was really poor - mistake after mistake.
Carroll on 23:52 - Jan 18 with 3255 viewsLblock

Thought his involvement in the goal was class - picked the ball up edge of the box, found his man easily with a lay off who then crossed for yer man to score on his full debut

Thank God we had Charlie to bag the winner

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Carroll on 00:06 - Jan 19 with 3230 viewsPommyhoop

Carroll on 21:08 - Jan 18 by bloberts

RANT OVER.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Carroll on 01:01 - Jan 19 with 3150 viewsLowerloftLad

It was his fault Huddersfield scored he just stood there with no attempt to move or challenge and made it very easy for the ball to be crossed there our also countless times he gives the ball away and is to light weight. BUT when he does do things right he really gets the passing flowing and can really pick out a pass I think he still needs a season or two more to fully develop

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Carroll on 01:16 - Jan 19 with 3133 viewsjohnjo1

Do not want to slag players off he is pony,along with henry and o neil
Carroll on 01:31 - Jan 19 with 3115 viewsNorthernr

Absolutely vital, even when not on his game. Without him the only midfielder we have who looks to pass forwards is Barton, and he only looks to do it with a 50 yard Hollywood pass that he can wnk himself to death over when he gets home. Without that, and Carroll, we're a sideways a backwards team. He's give the ball away, because he's the only one trying to go forwards and get us going, but that's still better than him not being there at all. We're so much better with him on the pitch, including today, but the tide is set against him now so I expect him to be harangued for the rest of the season, unless Bobby Zamora gets a recall.

Terrific little player, doing a very good job in a very difficult team to play for.
Carroll on 02:56 - Jan 19 with 3068 viewsWilloW4

Carroll on 01:16 - Jan 19 by johnjo1

O'neil was shite again... A redknapp con man type player. ££!!
Carroll on 03:11 - Jan 19 with 3050 viewsDylanP

It turns out that every one of our players was complete shite and yet we somehow managed to win 15 of the last 26 league games, having lost only 4 games and having comceeded only 16 goals in26 games. Yeah, definitley shite players. Weird that!

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Carroll on 04:22 - Jan 19 with 3026 viewsBklynRanger

Carroll is the glue. Sometimes glue gets attached to unusable foreign coins or clumps of fluff but it's still a vital substance.

Ekotto can be more exposed than an Inuit prostitute for the entire first half as long as he brings down a ball with his slippers and shows a bit of ankle, but god forbid Tommy Carroll gives the ball away 10 times out of a hundred.
Carroll on 06:38 - Jan 19 with 2983 viewsJonDoeman

Carroll on 04:22 - Jan 19 by BklynRanger

Carroll is the glue. Sometimes glue gets attached to unusable foreign coins or clumps of fluff but it's still a vital substance.

Ekotto can be more exposed than an Inuit prostitute for the entire first half as long as he brings down a ball with his slippers and shows a bit of ankle, but god forbid Tommy Carroll gives the ball away 10 times out of a hundred.

Thought Zamora was the glue!!!

It Is What It Is !!

Carroll on 07:42 - Jan 19 with 2939 viewsthemodfather

tom gave the ball away so often and cost us a goal, yet he never hides and looks for the ball...so likely very brave, strong attitude i mean.
henry is diabolical , a crab...sideways is a film named after him.
Carroll on 08:43 - Jan 19 with 2883 viewssmegma

Carroll on 01:16 - Jan 19 by johnjo1

Well done then for not slagging anyone off then !!
Carroll on 09:01 - Jan 19 with 2846 viewsjonno

Carroll on 01:31 - Jan 19 by Northernr

Absolutely vital, even when not on his game. Without him the only midfielder we have who looks to pass forwards is Barton, and he only looks to do it with a 50 yard Hollywood pass that he can wnk himself to death over when he gets home. Without that, and Carroll, we're a sideways a backwards team. He's give the ball away, because he's the only one trying to go forwards and get us going, but that's still better than him not being there at all. We're so much better with him on the pitch, including today, but the tide is set against him now so I expect him to be harangued for the rest of the season, unless Bobby Zamora gets a recall.

Terrific little player, doing a very good job in a very difficult team to play for.

While I agree we absolutely need someone who does that - Carroll is not good enough yet at our level to do it for us. Plus he's unfortunately lightweight, so is easily pushed off the ball and also too easily beaten in the air. In that sense he takes away as much from the team as he provides IMHO.
Carroll on 09:06 - Jan 19 with 2841 viewsLoft1979

Carroll on 08:43 - Jan 19 by smegma

Well done then for not slagging anyone off then !!

Midfield. The discussion is about LTC, and I am glad he is here. He is just coming back from injury and might be a little skiddish, but I think he is a much needed piece.

The R's lost Park, Granero, Mbia, and Adel before the season then lost Ale just when things were rolling. We brought in Gary o'neil Henry and Phillips was out for 2 months to start the season. Lucky we could get Krankjar and Joey is having a great season. All things considered, I can see why Wigan, and other teams in previous years have found it so hard to recover from relegation.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024