Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stan Collymore 10:41 - Jan 21 with 5137 viewssuperstan

Is it me or does he love the sound of his own voice, I have to turn off when he is on, he just goes over the same points again and again, it's meant to be a call in show but callers don't get a look in.
Stan Collymore on 11:48 - Jan 21 with 5081 viewseghamranger

Not just you bud! Annoying wife beater voice too
Stan Collymore on 11:49 - Jan 21 with 5079 viewsTacticalR

He can get a bit hysterical, so you have to be in the mood for Collymore. Sometimes his Saturday show hits the spot when the fans need to vent after a bad result.

He did a really good interview on TalkSport about a year ago where he talked about his career and the role of agents. I described Collymore's revelations about John Gregory in the comments section at the bottom of this article:
http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/31647

Air hostess clique

Stan Collymore on 11:55 - Jan 21 with 5065 viewsDWQPR

Funnily enough I was going to start a thread on what an annoying tosser he is on radio. Not only loves the sound of his own voice but seems to want to let everybody know at every opportunity that he is a 'professional broadcaster'. No you're not Stan you are an annoying ex-footballer who probably only got the job because of your past record of controversy and frankly has such a sh1t grasp of English.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Stan Collymore on 12:07 - Jan 21 with 5035 viewscoolranger

He is knowledgeable and does his research, but I agree he talks far too much and makes it difficult for others to get a word in.

He also has the annoying habit of being far too long winded - so we end up with statements like this ;

"The thing is right, when you go to Manchester City to play at the Etihad, on City's own football pitch in front of their passionate football fans at a club who just eighteen months ago were the Champions of England and winners of the Barclays Premier League title it's so difficult to just defend for 95 minutes without making at least a few mistakes and conceding blah blah blah...."
Stan Collymore on 12:14 - Jan 21 with 5020 viewsTheChef

Yes he may go on a bit but it's all part of the show isn't it? I enjoy him and Saggers winding each other up, and at least he has an opinion unlike plenty of other pundits (whether you agree with him or not).

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Stan Collymore on 12:28 - Jan 21 with 4991 viewsN12Hoop

I made the mistake of following him on twitter. Within 24 hours I had to unfollow. He just goes on and on. However, I do think he is better than a lot of pundits and would rather listen to him than Ian Shite and most of the knobends on Talksport.

Poll: Who would you most like to see win the Premiership?

Stan Collymore on 12:43 - Jan 21 with 4969 viewsBluce_Ree

No, Sags! I love football. It's about passion. I love it, Sags. I love it. Passion. Football. Passion. Turning into a non- contact sport. Passion, Sags. Villa. No passion, Sags. Football. 4-3 against Newcastle, Sags. Passion. Referee. Never a penalty for me, Sags. Passion, Sags. No, you're wrong, caller. It's about passion. And football. And goals. Sags'll back me up here. Sags, passion, football, the game of association football. Villa, Sags. I'd like to ask David Moyes one question: football. Football? It's a disgrace, Sags. I love it.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Stan Collymore on 12:46 - Jan 21 with 4954 viewsWeaverQPR

All he goes on about is the racist abuse he gets yet I cant take him seriously because real men don't punch women. Sleazy dirty pervert.

@WeavQPR

Login to get fewer ads

Stan Collymore on 12:48 - Jan 21 with 4951 viewsthame_hoops

Stan Collymore on 12:43 - Jan 21 by Bluce_Ree

No, Sags! I love football. It's about passion. I love it, Sags. I love it. Passion. Football. Passion. Turning into a non- contact sport. Passion, Sags. Villa. No passion, Sags. Football. 4-3 against Newcastle, Sags. Passion. Referee. Never a penalty for me, Sags. Passion, Sags. No, you're wrong, caller. It's about passion. And football. And goals. Sags'll back me up here. Sags, passion, football, the game of association football. Villa, Sags. I'd like to ask David Moyes one question: football. Football? It's a disgrace, Sags. I love it.

Not as good as your anti Chelsea rant that went viral!
Stan Collymore on 12:48 - Jan 21 with 4953 viewsTacticalR

Stan Collymore on 12:43 - Jan 21 by Bluce_Ree

Air hostess clique

Stan Collymore on 13:23 - Jan 21 with 4900 viewsToast_R

I do actually like Collymore on Talksport at least he's made something of his career after football and does have an honest opinion more often then not from a fans point of view.

Far far better then many of the ex pros the get on there. Cundy for example, he could turn a conversation about the creation and writings of the periodic table into how Chelsea did last weekend.
[Post edited 21 Jan 2014 13:24]
Stan Collymore on 13:27 - Jan 21 with 4884 viewsstonebridgers

He sometimes hits the nail on head with his points. But in the broadcasting world he is not the king of using 52 words when 5 would do. Step up and collect the award Garth Crooks.

Stonebridgers

Stan Collymore on 13:43 - Jan 21 with 4864 viewsdolcelatte

Stan Collymore on 13:27 - Jan 21 by stonebridgers

He sometimes hits the nail on head with his points. But in the broadcasting world he is not the king of using 52 words when 5 would do. Step up and collect the award Garth Crooks.

Isn't that the point of talk radio?

Poll: Are you sick of people asking if you are sick of polls?

Stan Collymore on 15:40 - Jan 21 with 4778 viewsrunningman75

Collymore is not as bad as Cockney Red Andy Goldstein and Mr Chelski Jason Cundy. Those two make me want to smash my radio up at times.
Stan Collymore on 15:45 - Jan 21 with 4773 viewssuperstan

Stan Collymore on 13:43 - Jan 21 by dolcelatte

Isn't that the point of talk radio?

What bugs me is he asks people to call in and then butts in going over the points again and don't give the callers any air time
Stan Collymore on 17:05 - Jan 21 with 4704 viewsMonahoop

Stan Collybore more like.

I gave up listening to Talk Gibberish a few years ago. Fed up with so called know alls in the game talking or shouting over callers whether it was justified or not. Every caller seemed to be a Colin who followed West Ham. I became sure all callers were the same person, they just changed their voice and accent every now and then. In the end it was always Colin the Hammer.

Mind you it's the same on BBC 5 Live with those fools Savage and Green. No longer listen to 606 because of them and their over inflated opinions.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Stan Collymore on 18:57 - Jan 21 with 4630 viewsShackletonR

Colin Murry is the worst, that voice make's me want to pull my teeth out, awful presenter, feel sorry for his friends who have to pretend they like him to get there voice heard.

Alan Brazil show is far better, still going after ten years, even after being sack a couple of times, love the long questions.

Hawkspee and Jacobs always crack me up.

Durham is just a bellend.

"Stan work hard, could score goals in the air, and was complete team player. He headed balls off the line, and he had so much skill, balance, finesse and amazing touch. His mobility, that electrifying burst of 30 yards was exciting to watch"...Don Shanks.

Stan Collymore on 19:46 - Jan 21 with 4603 viewsCHUBBS

Stan Collymore on 15:40 - Jan 21 by runningman75

Collymore is not as bad as Cockney Red Andy Goldstein and Mr Chelski Jason Cundy. Those two make me want to smash my radio up at times.

You're not wrong,give me Collymore ahead of that attention seeking cockney tw@t Goldstein all day.
He actually thinks he's clever and very funny yet just annoys most of the people he interviews with childish innuendos.
As for Cundy what a boring self obsessed individual that man is!
Stan Collymore on 21:43 - Jan 21 with 4517 viewsloftboy

Stan collymore, the man who reckons the pl should be based on attendances and not what happens on the pitch. Strange character.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Stan Collymore on 00:01 - Jan 22 with 4471 viewssmegma

I sometimes sit near him at England games. As soon as the game is over you can hear him over the crowd noise as he shouts so loud into the microphone. I havnt listened to talksport for over ten years now, its full of c*nts (both presenters and listeners)
Stan Collymore on 02:42 - Jan 22 with 4439 viewsRangersAreBack

Stan Collymore on 15:45 - Jan 21 by superstan

What bugs me is he asks people to call in and then butts in going over the points again and don't give the callers any air time

Not just callers but co-presenters too. Raises good points but could learn to be more succinct.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024