Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
who lives furthest from Loftus Road 22:24 - Feb 4 with 8248 viewsenfieldargh

I live approximatley 18 miles from Loftus Road.

apart from Holloway who is on the planet lesbiana, how far do you live from HQ?

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

who lives furthest from Loftus Road on 14:12 - Feb 5 with 1524 viewsQPR1882

14.8 MILES

23.8 KM
who lives furthest from Loftus Road on 14:44 - Feb 5 with 1502 viewsSudbury_Hill_R

28512 feet away
who lives furthest from Loftus Road on 17:34 - Feb 5 with 1478 viewsbatmanhoop

who lives furthest from Loftus Road on 09:14 - Feb 5 by HantsR

This thread is interesting but obviously Kiwi fans will win as that's about the furthest you can go before you start coming back. On a great circle, the South Pole is actually closer!

Could also be about fans who travel the furthest to see a match. I think some fans travel quite long distances on a regular basis?

Oh, btw, Pluto is no longer a planet ...ATAF
[Post edited 5 Feb 2014 9:15]

ST holder 150 miles away. In the Burnley programme is a regular to LR from Teeside, but the couple in front of me from Finland are regulars must be the winners
who lives furthest from Loftus Road on 17:49 - Feb 5 with 1468 viewsFredManRave

Down here in Mendoza I'm 7,160 miles, 11,523 kms, 6,222 nautical miles away from Loftus Road and about 30 years behind England in general.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

who lives furthest from Loftus Road on 19:23 - Feb 5 with 1447 viewsUPPERLOFTNZ

So does that mean I am the first official holder of the LFW Ugo Ukah Pointlessness Award then? I'm so proud!

I'd like to thank God, my parents and all the people behind the scenes without whom this dream could never have been made possible.

Football is Faith
Poll: OK.. Next season. Where do you think we will finish?

who lives furthest from Loftus Road on 19:37 - Feb 5 with 1435 viewsFredManRave

who lives furthest from Loftus Road on 19:23 - Feb 5 by UPPERLOFTNZ

So does that mean I am the first official holder of the LFW Ugo Ukah Pointlessness Award then? I'm so proud!

I'd like to thank God, my parents and all the people behind the scenes without whom this dream could never have been made possible.

You forgot to thank continental drift.

I'm sure you'll agree that one of the many annoying things about living so far away from England is the flying time it takes to travel to and from. I'm sure the travel time was the same 30 years ago and I'll guess it will be the same in 30 years time. Where's the bloody progress? Where's the High Speed Plane? Why can't the pilots just go full throttle?

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

who lives furthest from Loftus Road on 20:26 - Feb 5 with 1406 viewsDylanP

who lives furthest from Loftus Road on 19:37 - Feb 5 by FredManRave

I'm sure you'll agree that one of the many annoying things about living so far away from England is the flying time it takes to travel to and from. I'm sure the travel time was the same 30 years ago and I'll guess it will be the same in 30 years time. Where's the bloody progress? Where's the High Speed Plane? Why can't the pilots just go full throttle?

Interesting point you bring up. While most aspects of technology have advanced at hair-raising speed, it is interesting that air travel hasn't changed much in the last 30 years. 30 years ago is mid-1980s. Back in the 1980s cars went around 80-100 mph and planes went around 500mph. The speeds haven't increased much in that time. I suppose things like GPSs and digital entertainment have improved the travelling experience, but the actual speed you go at is pretty much the same.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

who lives furthest from Loftus Road on 20:47 - Feb 5 with 1396 viewsqprmick

who lives furthest from Loftus Road on 20:26 - Feb 5 by DylanP

Interesting point you bring up. While most aspects of technology have advanced at hair-raising speed, it is interesting that air travel hasn't changed much in the last 30 years. 30 years ago is mid-1980s. Back in the 1980s cars went around 80-100 mph and planes went around 500mph. The speeds haven't increased much in that time. I suppose things like GPSs and digital entertainment have improved the travelling experience, but the actual speed you go at is pretty much the same.

The price of fuel made airlines slow down to conserve fuel.

Qprmick

Login to get fewer ads

who lives furthest from Loftus Road on 22:37 - Feb 5 with 1377 viewsRfromItaly

I am about 706 miles from LR, but surely it's a question of how often you travel?
I come to a match each month, sometimes more, & have been a ST holder for 2 years.
I went to 14 matches in 1 season 2 years ago from Italy. Can anyone beat that? TonyF?!

Author of book about Venice, and football articles including personal QPR interviews with Bowles and Marsh. See website: www.dstandish.com

who lives furthest from Loftus Road on 22:40 - Feb 5 with 1373 viewsUPPERLOFTNZ

last time I visited it was 34 hours inc stops.. a fecking nightmare... Hoping to be ovver in Oct so with luck will catch a premier home game ;)

From what I understand planes could go waaay faster but as already mentioned the fuel eficiency basically disappears. Roll on transporters.. beam me up Harry...

Football is Faith
Poll: OK.. Next season. Where do you think we will finish?

who lives furthest from Loftus Road on 01:29 - Feb 6 with 1354 viewsBristolhoopsrr

who lives furthest from Loftus Road on 14:10 - Feb 5 by BathRanger

111 miles by road. Unfortunately I picked a part of the country where there isn't exactly an over abundance of QPR away games to go to either. Why is it that most of the teams in the South West are rubbish? Too much farming to be done I guess.

115.4 miles for me from Bristol.Not a ST holder this season but was the last 3 or 4 years(more midweek games in Championship so can't off work enough to make it worthwhile).7 home games so far this season plus Exeter,Yeovil & Reading away..next up Charlton
who lives furthest from Loftus Road on 02:09 - Feb 6 with 1344 viewsSydneyRs

London to Sydney is 10,553 miles accoring to the google serach I just did. I used to live 3 miles away in Harlesden. Perhaps a 10,500 change is the biggest?
who lives furthest from Loftus Road on 02:24 - Feb 6 with 1340 viewsJAPRANGERS

I'm waiting for the technology to improve so that I can beam into Loftus Road for every match like in Star Trek. Might only have to wait about 300 years init??
who lives furthest from Loftus Road on 02:59 - Feb 6 with 1330 viewsCornish_oooRRRR

who lives furthest from Loftus Road on 14:10 - Feb 5 by BathRanger

111 miles by road. Unfortunately I picked a part of the country where there isn't exactly an over abundance of QPR away games to go to either. Why is it that most of the teams in the South West are rubbish? Too much farming to be done I guess.

You think Bath is bad, spare a thought for us pastie munchers. Can't even get out of cornwall by train now

It's got to be Yarg

who lives furthest from Loftus Road on 03:26 - Feb 6 with 1326 viewsitsbiga

5437 miles for me.

Poll: Serious concern we'll double drop?

who lives furthest from Loftus Road on 05:18 - Feb 6 with 1320 viewsade_qpr

who lives furthest from Loftus Road on 02:24 - Feb 6 by JAPRANGERS

I'm waiting for the technology to improve so that I can beam into Loftus Road for every match like in Star Trek. Might only have to wait about 300 years init??

Was thinking of similar, but going the Dr Who way. Tardis having the extra ability of going back in time to 67 or 75/76 season. As for the future I'm no certain if I would want to know.

If a turtle doesn't have a shell, is he homeless or naked?

who lives furthest from Loftus Road on 11:39 - Feb 6 with 1287 viewsisawqpratwcity

who lives furthest from Loftus Road on 05:18 - Feb 6 by ade_qpr

Was thinking of similar, but going the Dr Who way. Tardis having the extra ability of going back in time to 67 or 75/76 season. As for the future I'm no certain if I would want to know.

Yeh, I'd like to go back to the mid-seventies, probably QPR's high point to date, which I missed completely.

As for into the future, why wouldn't you have a watch?

It has bothered me that so many of my rellies (QPR support seems to be a gene in my family tree) have died in times of decline or as yet unfulfilled promotion prospects. I wish they could have known how it went, that their angst was well perceived or unnecessary.

I'd watch it. But you'd have to sign some 'no spoilers' clause, otherwise posts like "Jeez, who'd have thought the Great God Hughes would come back and lead us to the top of the Champion's League? Bless 'Tiny' Fernandes, Tony's grandson for bringing him back."

Ok, I'm rambling now...

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

who lives furthest from Loftus Road on 11:46 - Feb 6 with 1282 viewsTheBlob

who lives furthest from Loftus Road on 02:24 - Feb 6 by JAPRANGERS

It'll be sooner than you think.And then you'll find someone's in your seat.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

who lives furthest from Loftus Road on 11:50 - Feb 6 with 1280 viewsTheBlob

250 miles as the sheep flies.

who lives furthest from Loftus Road on 13:04 - Feb 6 with 1259 viewsisawqpratwcity

who lives furthest from Loftus Road on 11:50 - Feb 6 by TheBlob

250 miles as the sheep flies.

I keep asking you about sheep and the Welsh economy. What, are they pilots now?

who lives furthest from Loftus Road on 13:10 - Feb 6 with 1256 viewsTheBlob

who lives furthest from Loftus Road on 13:04 - Feb 6 by isawqpratwcity

I keep asking you about sheep and the Welsh economy. What, are they pilots now?

In this wind everything's airborne.Close formation Jehovah's Witnesses just now doing The Cuban Loop........

who lives furthest from Loftus Road on 13:51 - Feb 6 with 1243 viewsisawqpratwcity

who lives furthest from Loftus Road on 13:10 - Feb 6 by TheBlob

In this wind everything's airborne.Close formation Jehovah's Witnesses just now doing The Cuban Loop........

Lanolin-based aerobatics?

who lives furthest from Loftus Road on 20:33 - Feb 6 with 1210 viewsOrthodox_Hoop

Used to live on Loftus Road; my garden backed into the Loft. Metallica_Hoop and I filled the Loft with smoke when we played Man City a couple of seasons ago on Guy Fawkes night... stewards could just watch on helplessly as we heaped on the wood.
who lives furthest from Loftus Road on 12:07 - Feb 7 with 1185 viewsBathRanger

who lives furthest from Loftus Road on 02:59 - Feb 6 by Cornish_oooRRRR

You think Bath is bad, spare a thought for us pastie munchers. Can't even get out of cornwall by train now

LOL. You have my sympathies!
who lives furthest from Loftus Road on 14:00 - Feb 7 with 1168 viewss1cRanger

62.9 miles
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024