Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Disaster if we go up 10:51 - Mar 6 with 2913 viewsfreddieeddie

Although I want us to win every game like any other fan I really think going up will be a bit of a disaster again. We would need so many players to compete at that level and the problems we faced in the summer will come back again.

Goal - We'd be OK.
FB - Simpson, Traore but we'd need LB and back up RB.
CD - Onohua as maybe 3rd choice so we'd need 3 centre halves.
CM - Barton OK but none of the others would be good enough so maybe x3 CM
W - Hoilett, Phillips, Traore and maybe one signing could see us OK strengthening elsewhere.
CF - Austin but we'd need x3 signings.

So we are talking about needing potentially 11 signings I would say. I think we need another season in the championship and this summer to bring in some fresh YOUNG talent already proven maybe in Championship or in Premiership. Then go up next season with more of a base of a squad to build on.

Poll: QPR future, what would you like to see happen

Disaster if we go up on 18:44 - Sep 29 with 918 viewsfreddieeddie

I still stand by this thread from months ago

Disaster if we go up on 18:54 - Sep 29 with 890 viewsjamois

Disaster if we go up on 18:44 - Sep 29 by freddieeddie

I take your point mate and i'm as maddened as anyone by what's going on. Yet, the problem with what you're saying is that I don't think you can pick and choose when you get promoted from the Championship. It's a punishing league to get out of. I'll take the luck we got in the run-in and take our chances. With a real coach / tactician at the helm I think we'd still stand a chance.

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

Disaster if we go up on 20:32 - Sep 29 with 808 viewsfreddieeddie

Disaster if we go up on 18:54 - Sep 29 by jamois

I take your point mate and i'm as maddened as anyone by what's going on. Yet, the problem with what you're saying is that I don't think you can pick and choose when you get promoted from the Championship. It's a punishing league to get out of. I'll take the luck we got in the run-in and take our chances. With a real coach / tactician at the helm I think we'd still stand a chance.

I know but I really felt then building another season in the championship would have helped us. Then we'd have had more of a base to build on when going up. We arrived in the premiership too soon. I fear we will go down and then we have a lot of players who we would need to get rid of, Fer, Sandro, Caulker etc.

Off the top of my head who'd we have useful next season in the Championship, not much to build on if we go down......

McCarthy,
No right backs
Yun, Robinson
Onohua
Mutch, Henry (Barton would go I think)
Phillips, Hoilett
No strikers (Austin would stay in premiership, Zamora possibly but again not fit enough)

Disaster if we go up on 07:48 - Sep 30 with 680 viewsterryb

Disaster if we go up on 18:44 - Sep 29 by freddieeddie

i completely understood the sentiments then & now.

Last season I was quoted as saying that I dreaded the play offs as we would win them & that would mean we retained HR as manager.

I enjoyed Wembley & wanted to win, but The Devil demanded such a high price for his contribution that day!
Disaster if we go up on 07:58 - Sep 30 with 665 viewskropotkin41

Disaster if we go up on 07:48 - Sep 30 by terryb

i completely understood the sentiments then & now.

Last season I was quoted as saying that I dreaded the play offs as we would win them & that would mean we retained HR as manager.

I enjoyed Wembley & wanted to win, but The Devil demanded such a high price for his contribution that day!

I think the Devil has been riding the back of QPR for a little while now.

I think this is a great thread to have high up on the forum index six games into the new season. Clearly getting promoted was a disaster.......... and we all thought that not getting promoted would be bad.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Disaster if we go up on 09:17 - Sep 30 with 601 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Disaster if we go up on 07:58 - Sep 30 by kropotkin41

I think the Devil has been riding the back of QPR for a little while now.

I think this is a great thread to have high up on the forum index six games into the new season. Clearly getting promoted was a disaster.......... and we all thought that not getting promoted would be bad.

I was extremely worried about promotion and our readiness for it. However, the Summer went far better than anyone could have hoped and, six games in, it's far, far too early to know whether the season will be a disaster or not.

Christ, lads, now that we're here why not enjoy the ride? This is perfectly pitched for Rangers fans and the gallows humour and stubborn pride from which we're all made. And, whisper it quietly, with thirty-two games and eight months to go, we might even stay up!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Disaster if we go up on 10:04 - Sep 30 with 578 viewsCiderwithRsie

Come on lads, let's get a grip, eh?

I loathe the premiership b*llocks as much as the next man, but the bloody thing's there and it's not going away.

Staying down would have been a disaster financially and with the League itching to send us to the conference or hammer us financially over FFP so would relegation.

We aren't relegated yet and we have some decent players. The goals from Kranjcar and Austin recently show we have the ability.

If I'm p*ssed off it's not because we are doomed, it's almost the opposite - that we have every opportunity to stay up and build for the future but I fear it's being thrown away by a manager and coaching team who don't seem able to hit on a formation and coach the team to play it, seem unable to motivate the players [or even think it's worth bothering to against some opponents] who have wilfully thrown away available talent and appear to select players on favouritism rather than merit. Under Hughes Granero went rapidly from looking class to useless, IMO because he looked at the shambles around him and gave up. We run the same risk with Isla. Redknapp and Hoddle both have good track records [with a few cock-ups too] so they have the ability, they just don't seem to be bothering and they seem to have no feel for what makes QPR click or our traditions of football. [Maybe harsh on Hoddle, no-one can really tell what he's doing one way or another, but then that's the point.]

Redknapp is Jim Smith Mk 2: capable manager, stabilised things after an incompetent was sacked, bought the odd good player but completely lacking in either imagination or commitment to the job. BUT if the guy finally pulls his finger out, maybe after a rocket from the owners as they contemplate what relegation will cost them, or if he is replaced by a half decent manager, I reckon this could be a good side that we could be proud of.
Disaster if we go up on 10:08 - Sep 30 with 571 viewsdaveB

I wouldn't swap that day at Wembley for anything, would much rather have that and a crap season this year than have lost at Wembley and be back in the championship. Still a ton of time to go this season and our squad has potential to be decent if we can sort things out.
Login to get fewer ads

Disaster if we go up on 12:16 - Sep 30 with 495 viewsrunningman75

Disaster if we go up on 10:08 - Sep 30 by daveB

I wouldn't swap that day at Wembley for anything, would much rather have that and a crap season this year than have lost at Wembley and be back in the championship. Still a ton of time to go this season and our squad has potential to be decent if we can sort things out.

Agree having seen us lose at Wembley in the 1980s, this was an amazing day this year and is too quickly forgotten amongst the current Premier League doom and gloom
Disaster if we go up on 12:34 - Sep 30 with 468 viewskropotkin41

Well of course I agree with you guys about our day at Wembley, a memory to treasure forever.

I just wish that we had a team to be excited about and a manager who gives the impression of being able to find his ar*e with both hands. I'm not talking about being world beaters or being in 2nd place like Southampton, just not giving the impression of being a walking disaster area.

Of course it's too early to be sure what'll happen............ but at the same time I am already pretty sure that things need to change.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024