Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Disaster if we go up 10:51 - Mar 6 with 2916 viewsfreddieeddie

Although I want us to win every game like any other fan I really think going up will be a bit of a disaster again. We would need so many players to compete at that level and the problems we faced in the summer will come back again.

Goal - We'd be OK.
FB - Simpson, Traore but we'd need LB and back up RB.
CD - Onohua as maybe 3rd choice so we'd need 3 centre halves.
CM - Barton OK but none of the others would be good enough so maybe x3 CM
W - Hoilett, Phillips, Traore and maybe one signing could see us OK strengthening elsewhere.
CF - Austin but we'd need x3 signings.

So we are talking about needing potentially 11 signings I would say. I think we need another season in the championship and this summer to bring in some fresh YOUNG talent already proven maybe in Championship or in Premiership. Then go up next season with more of a base of a squad to build on.

Poll: QPR future, what would you like to see happen

Disaster if we go up on 10:56 - Mar 6 with 1986 viewsQPRDave

If we stay down we will need a raft of signings too
Disaster if we go up on 10:58 - Mar 6 with 1979 viewsfreddieeddie

Disaster if we go up on 10:56 - Mar 6 by QPRDave

Not really as Hill, Dunne, Jenas, O'Neill, Harriman etc could do a job in the Championship but none could really in the Premier League.

Disaster if we go up on 11:04 - Mar 6 with 1965 viewsQPRDave

not really doing much of a job at the moment though Hill aside
Disaster if we go up on 11:12 - Mar 6 with 1945 viewsfreddieeddie

Disaster if we go up on 11:04 - Mar 6 by QPRDave

not really doing much of a job at the moment though Hill aside

No but as I say they could still be squad members with a few young talented players added. We are still in the top 6 let's not forget. Stay in the championship and build nice and gradually. Go up and it will be throwing money again at players who don't really want to play for us.

Disaster if we go up on 11:14 - Mar 6 with 1939 viewsRangersw12

Disaster if we go up on 10:56 - Mar 6 by QPRDave

It's easier to rebuild in the Championship though
Disaster if we go up on 11:19 - Mar 6 with 1925 viewsJuzzie

Have a look at the accounts thread below. Footballing matters aside, we need to go up to clear off a chunk of the debts. Probably not buy any players in the summer and come back down with a record low tally of 5 points.
Disaster if we go up on 11:23 - Mar 6 with 1916 viewswhittocksRs

Disaster if we don't go up. Read those financials.
[Post edited 6 Mar 2014 11:23]
Disaster if we go up on 11:56 - Mar 6 with 1846 viewslave16

Disaster if we go up on 11:23 - Mar 6 by whittocksRs

Disaster if we don't go up. Read those financials.
[Post edited 6 Mar 2014 11:23]

One reason I would love to go up is to see harry wheeling and dealing... we need 11 it would be like manna from heaven for him... in fact for 3 months we would be front page on sky sports news...

and see if the prophecy of harry is fulfilled like all his previous clubs... bar spurs who got rid of him....
harrys usual -> say chairmans great -> buy loads of players -> wants 2 -3 more players etc -> things start to go pear shaped -> say i never bought the players you'll have to ask the chairman -> bugger off leaving the club in debt with his elbow out the window of his jeep on the way out chatting to the local hacks

btw the way I am fully behind harry and think he has done a good job this year in very very difficult circumstances... I only wish he had signed wickham instead of miaga

Poll: Are we gonna make the play offs?

Login to get fewer ads

Disaster if we go up on 11:57 - Mar 6 with 1846 viewsQPRDave

Disaster if we go up on 11:12 - Mar 6 by freddieeddie

No but as I say they could still be squad members with a few young talented players added. We are still in the top 6 let's not forget. Stay in the championship and build nice and gradually. Go up and it will be throwing money again at players who don't really want to play for us.

Must admit Freddie would like to see how some of these youngsters of ours would get on in the champs with a smattering of our older pros to guide them
Disaster if we go up on 12:40 - Mar 6 with 1771 viewsDANRANGER

this is where we have put ourselves in trouble. We need to go up for the finances but then should it happen we are well short of quality to stay up and TF will state not repeating previous errors (again!) so what do they do.

Solely from a football point of view the whole club needs a makeover and it looked positive at the start of the season and Arry surprisingly did a magic job of sorting it out. What we then should have done is given the likes of Harriman/Hitchcock/Ehmer game time and bought a couple of young promising players in January. Instead we loan or give short term contracts to limited players. I'm convinced we would be no worse off now and the fans outlook would have been more promising. We've stepped back again and I haven't a clue what happens next....
Disaster if we go up on 12:43 - Mar 6 with 1760 viewsdaveB

It's going to be a new squad whether we go up or not, life's too short to turn your nose up at promotion
Disaster if we go up on 13:01 - Mar 6 with 1707 viewspaulparker

after seeing we are supposedly 177 million in debt and have a bigger wage bill than Dortmund, I would say it would be a disaster if we don't go up

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Disaster if we go up on 13:03 - Mar 6 with 1701 viewsClive_Anderson

We should go up with a plan of signing as little as possible to go down with less debt and have two years to rebuild properly this time. £177m is terrifying.
Disaster if we go up on 13:19 - Mar 6 with 1665 viewsR_from_afar

Disaster if we go up on 13:03 - Mar 6 by Clive_Anderson

We should go up with a plan of signing as little as possible to go down with less debt and have two years to rebuild properly this time. £177m is terrifying.

The trouble with this is neither QPR nor any other club can genuinely control when they come back up. However, as you say, we do need to rebuild properly.

No easy answers!

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Disaster if we go up on 13:42 - Mar 6 with 1617 viewswhittocksRs

Even if we were to go up and have the worst season in living memory - not sure how it could be worse than 2012/13 but still - I still think that's preferable to financial meltdown and the consequences of that. Supporting QPR hasn't been fun for a while now and it looks like there's still a lot of turd to wade through before we get to the other side.
Disaster if we go up on 13:55 - Mar 6 with 1590 viewsTheBlob

I'm sick to death of these knackered old has-beens now....
http://www.footballdirectnews.com/premier-league-news/42324-qpr-boss-eyes-hammer

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Disaster if we go up on 14:17 - Mar 6 with 1542 viewsSpiritofGregory

With a £177m debt we need to get back to the premier league asap.
Disaster if we go up on 14:38 - Mar 6 with 1524 viewsRangersAreBack

With so many players out of contract I view the summer as an opportunity not a hindrance. The important thing is for the board to get it right in the transfer market and not repeat the same mistakes of recent years.
[Post edited 6 Mar 2014 14:39]
Disaster if we go up on 14:51 - Mar 6 with 1492 viewskropotkin41

I can't see us going up.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Disaster if we go up on 14:55 - Mar 6 with 1482 viewsSpiritofGregory

Our only saving grace is that the high earners will be gone in the summer.
Disaster if we go up on 16:37 - Mar 6 with 1426 viewsClive_Anderson

Disaster if we go up on 13:19 - Mar 6 by R_from_afar

The trouble with this is neither QPR nor any other club can genuinely control when they come back up. However, as you say, we do need to rebuild properly.

No easy answers!

RFA

I'm just worried about the long term future of the club now. The last trip to the Premier League wasn't worth racking up £177m worth of debt for anyway.

Obviously the owners see it differently.
Disaster if we go up on 18:16 - Mar 6 with 1359 viewsterryb

Disaster if we go up on 11:56 - Mar 6 by lave16

One reason I would love to go up is to see harry wheeling and dealing... we need 11 it would be like manna from heaven for him... in fact for 3 months we would be front page on sky sports news...

and see if the prophecy of harry is fulfilled like all his previous clubs... bar spurs who got rid of him....
harrys usual -> say chairmans great -> buy loads of players -> wants 2 -3 more players etc -> things start to go pear shaped -> say i never bought the players you'll have to ask the chairman -> bugger off leaving the club in debt with his elbow out the window of his jeep on the way out chatting to the local hacks

btw the way I am fully behind harry and think he has done a good job this year in very very difficult circumstances... I only wish he had signed wickham instead of miaga

I can't imagine anything worse than Harry given the job of signing another new team for us. IF we were to be promoted the wages he would offer would leave the hughes signings looking like paupers.

What are these difficult circumstances that he has endured this season? Nineteen players have been signed this season plus all of his purchases last January. We have signed virtually everyone he has wanted & at a price we couldn't afford. There are no excuses for him if we are not promoted.
Disaster if we go up on 18:22 - Mar 6 with 1351 viewsTHEBUSH

I think the point is, we'll get some money in, if we go up.

Atter that, we should then consolidate and buy with a view for the future, you never know we might be lucky and stay up.
Disaster if we go up on 19:28 - Mar 6 with 1321 viewsSpiritofGregory

Disaster if we go up on 18:22 - Mar 6 by THEBUSH

I think the point is, we'll get some money in, if we go up.

Atter that, we should then consolidate and buy with a view for the future, you never know we might be lucky and stay up.

Out of QPR, Swansea and Norwich It was QPR who were relegated and we spent more money. We need an excellent scouting network, to find us quality, young, hard working affordable players.
Disaster if we go up on 22:44 - Mar 6 with 1205 viewsTHEBUSH

Disaster if we go up on 19:28 - Mar 6 by SpiritofGregory

Out of QPR, Swansea and Norwich It was QPR who were relegated and we spent more money. We need an excellent scouting network, to find us quality, young, hard working affordable players.

I agree with that and I should have explained that when I say buy, I mean buy cheap with up and coming players, difficult but not impossible.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024