Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A QPR awayday .... at home! 14:45 - Mar 9 with 3847 viewsOnlyHereForTheNiko

Grey sky. Cold. Weather wasn't looking good in Birmingham at 9.30am on Saturday. Got myself re-tweeted by @OfficialQPR for requesting that those travelling up from London should bring the sunshine with them. Amazingly, they obliged!

Met up with my Blues-supporting friend & set off for St Andrews. We parked quite a distance away from the stadium, which meant a long walk there & back, but an easy getaway after the match. Arrived just in time to check team news. Can't deny that there was a huge sigh of disappointment, when I discovered that the QPR team sheet made no mention of the number 19. In all honesty, I knew that his participation would be touch & go and, although I missed seeing him, I'd rather that he be 100% fit than rush back too early and do himself more damage. Anyway, Niko or no Niko, the sun was out and I was about to watch live football - things weren't so bad, really!

We sat in the west paddock, with the home dug out just to our left and were about 8 rows from the front. Had a fantastic view of the warm up. It was so strange, looking at these players who I have come to know almost as well as those of the team I support. Was able to tell my friend who was who & provide a little bit of information about each of them. All I kept hearing in response was: "Wow! I didn't know HE was at QPR now."

Benny's afro looked dandy! Joey wore a silly hat (to hide his silly hair). Little Tom was .... err .... little! Ravel is much smaller than I thought he'd be. Wally Downes has a huge pot belly. Richard Dunne is a big unit. Spirits looked high; everyone looked focused and I looked forward to a decent game.

And, in the main, it was, although I don't think I agree with those who say it was your best performance of the season (but that's just my opinion). Having read some of the match reports, I think a few reporters have gone a little overboard, particularly in their player ratings, with too many 8's & 9's being bandied about for my liking. It was a good QPR showing against a poor Birmingham team, who kept allowing Ravel far too much space and not attempting to close him down at all (strange, considering that many of them played with him, not so long ago & should have been wise to his ability). However, take nothing away from young Master Morrison - he was the star of the day. I really want to see him and Niko in the same starting eleven - it will be a beautiful thing! Make it happen, please, Uncle Harry!

Joey had a good afternoon, but I personally felt he looked like a man who had just come back after a couple of weeks out. There was a bit of the usual grit missing from his game, but I have no doubt that will come back, in time. BAE too was perhaps a little rusty in the first half, but got better as the match went on. Jenas? Yes, he provided the assist for the second goal and, by his standards, wasn't bad. But I still see so many things in his game that make me angry. Hoilett didn't impress me much, apart from the spectacular bulging ice pack he had attached to his knee, as he walked to the tunnel at full time.

The 1300 odd travelling fans made themselves heard, which wasn't difficult, as the Birmingham City faithful are small in numbers and devoid of optimism, these days. I don't know what the actual attendance figure was, but it was pretty poor. It was nice to meet one of the regulars from this forum and have a chat (I bet I wasn't what he was expecting!). But it seems I was your lucky omen! Perhaps it's just as well that I'll be attending my first ever game at Loftus Road, next Saturday. Do I have to wear the same lucky hoodie/pants/whatever?
[Post edited 9 Mar 2014 15:09]
A QPR awayday .... at home! on 14:56 - Mar 9 with 3805 views18StoneOfHoop

It's funny how two of the most entertaining writers/best posters on here don't even support our team.

Same lucky knickers v Yeovil please,OHFTN.

The crowd was circa 14,500. I can well understand how the majority of them were silent in their misery.
[Post edited 9 Mar 2014 14:58]

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

A QPR awayday .... at home! on 15:29 - Mar 9 with 3733 viewsTacticalR

Thanks OnlyHereForTheNiko. I think we needed a bit of perspective on the result. Shame you didn't get to see the man you're only here for.

Air hostess clique

A QPR awayday .... at home! on 17:47 - Mar 9 with 3611 viewsNortholt_Rs

Maybe we won because that fat lump wasn't taking up one of our shirts on the pitch....

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

A QPR awayday .... at home! on 19:31 - Mar 9 with 3495 views18StoneOfHoop

A QPR awayday .... at home! on 17:47 - Mar 9 by Northolt_Rs

Maybe we won because that fat lump wasn't taking up one of our shirts on the pitch....

More bullspit unfunny negativity.

Kranjcar is 6 foot 1 inch tall and weighs 13 stone 2 pounds.

Richard Dunne is 6 foot 2 inch and weighs 14 stone (or 15 according to some web sources.)

Is Richard Dunne overweight?

Total myth that Kranjcar's carrying extra timber.
I suppose if enough people tell a lie often enough it can get accepted as the truth.

Of course he's not been as fit as he or we would have wanted,or his form and influence been what we might have expected considering the proven pedigree of the 29 year old but I'd still much rather see his skill and his frame filling an R's shirt on the pitch rather than the rather more prosaic journeyman talents of Henry,O'Neil,Jenas or Carroll (not Morrison,18 you donut).
[Post edited 10 Mar 2014 0:18]

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

A QPR awayday .... at home! on 19:36 - Mar 9 with 3476 viewsMarc

Kranjcar over a young up and comer like Morrison who has done more in one game than niko has pretty much the whole season?
A QPR awayday .... at home! on 19:45 - Mar 9 with 3442 views18StoneOfHoop

A QPR awayday .... at home! on 19:36 - Mar 9 by Marc

Kranjcar over a young up and comer like Morrison who has done more in one game than niko has pretty much the whole season?

I beg your pardon Marc, that's a careless schoolboy error from me,I meant to write Carroll not Morrison,who I can't wait to see v Yeovil now Ravel's in the groove.

Niko back when I thought he could be the creative X Factor core of a successful QPR promotion season:

A QPR awayday .... at home! on 20:34 - Mar 9 with 3342 viewsWatford_Ranger

A QPR awayday .... at home! on 19:31 - Mar 9 by 18StoneOfHoop

More bullspit unfunny negativity.

Kranjcar is 6 foot 1 inch tall and weighs 13 stone 2 pounds.

Richard Dunne is 6 foot 2 inch and weighs 14 stone (or 15 according to some web sources.)

Is Richard Dunne overweight?

Total myth that Kranjcar's carrying extra timber.
I suppose if enough people tell a lie often enough it can get accepted as the truth.

Of course he's not been as fit as he or we would have wanted,or his form and influence been what we might have expected considering the proven pedigree of the 29 year old but I'd still much rather see his skill and his frame filling an R's shirt on the pitch rather than the rather more prosaic journeyman talents of Henry,O'Neil,Jenas or Carroll (not Morrison,18 you donut).
[Post edited 10 Mar 2014 0:18]

If Dunne was playing like sht he'd get stick for being overweight.

Kranjcar's lack of fitness is nothing short of scandalous and he is unfit (literally) to perform the job asked of him- Dunne is not.

Each to their own but I'd rather see a more limited player who is doing their best to be an asset to the team.
A QPR awayday .... at home! on 20:38 - Mar 9 with 3331 views18StoneOfHoop

Another myth.. 'not trying'..
This summer brings the biggest footballing occasion & opportunity of his life ; Croatia in Brazil. It is very much in his interests to show fitness before then. I don't think there's any scandal on Niko's part. QPR have a professional fitness coach. It is well known that HR takes risks on buying player's with fitness problem's,it worked well with Charlie for two-thirds of a season..

[Post edited 9 Mar 2014 20:52]

Login to get fewer ads

A QPR awayday .... at home! on 20:40 - Mar 9 with 3322 viewsWatford_Ranger

A QPR awayday .... at home! on 20:38 - Mar 9 by 18StoneOfHoop

Another myth.. 'not trying'..
This summer brings the biggest footballing occasion & opportunity of his life ; Croatia in Brazil. It is very much in his interests to show fitness before then. I don't think there's any scandal on Niko's part. QPR have a professional fitness coach. It is well known that HR takes risks on buying player's with fitness problem's,it worked well with Charlie for two-thirds of a season..

[Post edited 9 Mar 2014 20:52]

Well by not being fit after this long he's not trying his best for the club in my book.

If you think his performances are those of a player trying his best then good luck to you.
A QPR awayday .... at home! on 20:44 - Mar 9 with 3311 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Thanks for the report, Niko.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

A QPR awayday .... at home! on 21:45 - Mar 9 with 3189 viewslondonscottish

A QPR awayday .... at home! on 14:56 - Mar 9 by 18StoneOfHoop

It's funny how two of the most entertaining writers/best posters on here don't even support our team.

Same lucky knickers v Yeovil please,OHFTN.

The crowd was circa 14,500. I can well understand how the majority of them were silent in their misery.
[Post edited 9 Mar 2014 14:58]

Very true :-)

Thanks for the report OHFTN. Enjoy yourself at Loftus Rd,

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024