Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Next Manager - Candidates 06:30 - Mar 19 with 5541 viewsGloucs_R

Any of these?

Roberto Di Matteo
Steve Clarke
Zola
Brian Laudrup
Malky Mackay
Eddie Howe
Steve Mclaren
Karl Robinson
Glenn Hoddle
Darren Ferguson
Paul Ince
Tony Mowbray
Owen Coyle
Dougie Freedman
Gary Neville
Lee Clark

(Not saying i want them!!)
[Post edited 19 Mar 2014 6:33]

Poll: Are we staying up?

Next Manager - Candidates on 11:00 - Mar 19 with 1113 viewsbosh67

For me it is Roberto Di Matteo with Steve Clarke next season. Furlong and Bardsley supporting Clarke. Proper plan using the academy and an attacking ethos.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Next Manager - Candidates on 11:13 - Mar 19 with 1098 viewsWeaverQPR

Very unfashionable but you look at what Russell Slade has done at L.O this season on a small budget. You want a manager who views QPR as the biggest job of their career, same as any future players. Although I doubt TF knows who Slade is and this won't fit in with the brand bullshiz

@WeavQPR

Next Manager - Candidates on 11:13 - Mar 19 with 1097 viewsCiderwithRsie

"the former told me he was the bollix, the latter told me was a bollix."

Next Manager - Candidates on 11:15 - Mar 19 with 1089 viewsdaveB

Next Manager - Candidates on 11:00 - Mar 19 by bosh67

For me it is Roberto Di Matteo with Steve Clarke next season. Furlong and Bardsley supporting Clarke. Proper plan using the academy and an attacking ethos.

Why would you want those two? I don't think either are known for attacking football
Next Manager - Candidates on 11:23 - Mar 19 with 1068 viewsrobith

Next Manager - Candidates on 09:23 - Mar 19 by DWQPR

I'd have Gigi Di Canio back like a shot. He got a bunch over average players playing the best football at LR since the days of Francis as manager. With the squad that saggy chops has at his disposal Di Canio would have walked this league.

True, though we couldn't defend for toffee under Gigi, so walking the league might not have been so true!

Very fond memories of the man though
Next Manager - Candidates on 11:29 - Mar 19 with 1065 viewslave16

Next Manager - Candidates on 11:23 - Mar 19 by robith

True, though we couldn't defend for toffee under Gigi, so walking the league might not have been so true!

Realistically it will be Harry moving upstairs and Tim Sherwood moving into the management seat when he gets kicked out by Spurs.... not an option i am looking forward to....

Poll: Are we gonna make the play offs?

Next Manager - Candidates on 11:45 - Mar 19 with 1044 viewsDWQPR

Next Manager - Candidates on 11:23 - Mar 19 by robith

To be fair, the defenders that he had at his disposal did include the likes of Rehman and Malcolm along with Stewart.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Next Manager - Candidates on 12:45 - Mar 19 with 1016 views00calben

Next Manager - Candidates on 09:35 - Mar 19 by adhoc_qpr

Our youth players aren't up to much though, would you be willing to risk another relegation to League One by playing them?

The young right back, Ehmer, Hitchcock, Sutherland and maybe Petrasso might make Championship level players (at a very generous push) one day - but none have especially shone at League One level before now...

I do agree with this, if we were relying on these 4 or 5 players to form the backbone of our team. However this wouldn't be the case, they should be given the chance as important squad players.

For example (assuming we're in the Championship), Simpson and Harriman should be the 2 RBs next season. If/when Simpson gets injured, Harriman should get his chance. We shouldn't be playing a 34 year old centre half on loan from the side rock bottom of the Premier League.

Ehmer should be one of 4 centre halfs along with Hill, Onouha and one other (Dunne?). We also have Donaldson.

Hitchcock should be one of three centre forwards alongside Austin and A.N.Other.

Same with Petrasso, who I like the look of. I would actually loan out Sutherland for first half of next season in order to regain match fitness.

With the number of games in the Championship they should all get enough minuted/appearances under their belt next season so the Club can make a true judgement on them.
Login to get fewer ads

Next Manager - Candidates on 12:50 - Mar 19 with 1010 viewsMonahoop

Next Manager - Candidates on 11:13 - Mar 19 by WeaverQPR

Very unfashionable but you look at what Russell Slade has done at L.O this season on a small budget. You want a manager who views QPR as the biggest job of their career, same as any future players. Although I doubt TF knows who Slade is and this won't fit in with the brand bullshiz

Someone connected to the club will inform TF about Slade, wires will get crossed and so in his wisdom he will bring in Noddy Holder to manage the team!

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Next Manager - Candidates on 14:28 - Mar 19 with 945 viewsEddo

The problem is that the owners desparately want Premiership football.
Based upon events of the past two seasons, they think they can spend their way to this end.

Personally, (as CiderwithRsie stated) - I want to see blue and white hooped shirts playing attractive, entertaining, flowing football, with maximum committment...

Having followed the Rrrs since 1975 (when I was 9 years old) I fear that the managerial style of football I crave E:G: Sexton / Venable / Francis is by and large hard to find.

If you want my modern day blueprint, look no further than Liverpool!
As much as I geuninely hate to say it, after a decade of being an average, easy to dislike premiership side, they are finally playing the beautiful game...

We need avoid the play-offs / Send Harry upstairs / Install a young manager / and to decimate and then rebuild the squad with hungry, young aspiring players.
Next Manager - Candidates on 14:59 - Mar 19 with 925 viewsqprnw10

Eddie Howe would do for us what Brendan Rodgers has done for Liverpool.
Next Manager - Candidates on 16:15 - Mar 19 with 901 viewsGloucs_R

Next Manager - Candidates on 12:45 - Mar 19 by 00calben

I do agree with this, if we were relying on these 4 or 5 players to form the backbone of our team. However this wouldn't be the case, they should be given the chance as important squad players.

For example (assuming we're in the Championship), Simpson and Harriman should be the 2 RBs next season. If/when Simpson gets injured, Harriman should get his chance. We shouldn't be playing a 34 year old centre half on loan from the side rock bottom of the Premier League.

Ehmer should be one of 4 centre halfs along with Hill, Onouha and one other (Dunne?). We also have Donaldson.

Hitchcock should be one of three centre forwards alongside Austin and A.N.Other.

Same with Petrasso, who I like the look of. I would actually loan out Sutherland for first half of next season in order to regain match fitness.

With the number of games in the Championship they should all get enough minuted/appearances under their belt next season so the Club can make a true judgement on them.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Next Manager - Candidates on 16:39 - Mar 19 with 884 viewswhittocksRs

Mackay, Robinson or Howe for me out of those.

Definitely not a supposedly 'respected' manager who'll just want to spend and keep spending money while Fernandes rubs their back and assures them the good times never end.
Next Manager - Candidates on 16:43 - Mar 19 with 882 viewsHenryQPR

Next Manager - Candidates on 10:52 - Mar 19 by CiderwithRsie

You know what, you're probably right.

But it depends what you want from the club.

If you want promotion to the Premier League asap and failing that a good championship side, we'll need to buy the best part of a new team and get in another manager [I can't imagine Redknapp will still be here next season, and I don't want to try to imagine it, thanks.] Which is pretty much what we've done for the last couple of years - longer really, it's not so different from what Tango and Cash did but with more actual money spent. If it works there's a premier league cash mountain to dig into and pass on to agents and footballers. No prospect of ever winning that league though, and a certainty that we'll do our best to get knocked out of any competition we could actually win to let us concentrate on staying in the premier league so we can keep on passing it's cash onto players and agents.

Personally it does zero for me. Nowadays I just want QPR to be the best QPR it can be. To take players and get them playing to the best of their ability and as part of a team. If League One is their best, I'd be disappointed - but so long as the books can be balanced I'd take that over a team which could be Premier League quality but plays like mid-table championship.

In common with a few others on here, the only bloke on the list I can see coming here who even remotely fits the bill is MacKay. I'm intrigued by the mentions of Paul Clement popping up on a few other threads but I've got to admit I know nothing about his credentials other than the fact that his surname gets him my goodwill

Great reply. I want to see a new 'stable' QPR without all this crap. Sometimes I wish we were Burnley - small club, great fans, players with passion and skill. They put us to shame right now.
Next Manager - Candidates on 17:07 - Mar 19 with 864 viewsRangersAreBack

Next Manager - Candidates on 08:12 - Mar 19 by Rs_Holy

I would seriously give the job to Steve Gallen.

Get him to fast track a few of the clubs younger players. It would dramatically change the debt situation and bring back some of the fun years we had under Ollie.

Is this his brother by any chance?
Next Manager - Candidates on 17:09 - Mar 19 with 807 viewsRangersAreBack

Next Manager - Candidates on 09:23 - Mar 19 by DWQPR

I'd have Gigi Di Canio back like a shot. He got a bunch over average players playing the best football at LR since the days of Francis as manager. With the squad that saggy chops has at his disposal Di Canio would have walked this league.

He's hardly set the world alight since leaving QPR.
[Post edited 19 Mar 2014 17:13]
Next Manager - Candidates on 17:11 - Mar 19 with 806 viewsRangersAreBack

Next Manager - Candidates on 08:22 - Mar 19 by Vish

Eddie Howe would be my choice, but agree not sure he'd be looking to move away from Bournemouth again. Don't forget he signed Trippier, Vokes, Ings and Austin whilst at Burnley...

Eddie only does the business for Bournemouth. Not sure why but would rather avoid the Bournemouth connection after Harry.
Next Manager - Candidates on 17:15 - Mar 19 with 802 viewsRangersAreBack

Next Manager - Candidates on 11:13 - Mar 19 by WeaverQPR

Not sure about Slade but agree with your 2nd sentence.
Next Manager - Candidates on 17:37 - Mar 19 with 788 viewsbarbicanranger

McKay, followed by Holloway for me.

In fact the more I think about Holloway the more I like it. He knows all the guys in place at the moment: e.g. your Gallens, Furlongs, etc. He understands the club and loves the club, he would surely know how to take it forward (albeit he may be out of his depth at certain points, but aside from Alex Ferguson who has built a club from scratch) and how to promote from within. Currently at Millwall but surely wouldn't take much convincing to bring back. The main concern would be his record at premier league level, that said this is often a white elephant to me anyway because Hughes supposedly has premier league experience and he shafted it.
Next Manager - Candidates on 18:14 - Mar 19 with 776 viewsAntti_Heinola

Next Manager - Candidates on 17:11 - Mar 19 by RangersAreBack

Eddie only does the business for Bournemouth. Not sure why but would rather avoid the Bournemouth connection after Harry.

eh?

Bare bones.

Next Manager - Candidates on 18:33 - Mar 19 with 763 viewshoopstar67

Glenn Hoddle with Steve Gallen in coaching set up
Next Manager - Candidates on 18:44 - Mar 19 with 757 viewsQPR_Jim

Agree with a lot of what's being said. We need to have a more long term approach to the club. That should include a limit on our squad size and look to our youth set up to fill the gaps. Too many managers discarding old players at the expense of the club.

We need someone in charge who knows the club and can get more QPR men into the setup. Someone like Holloway, Warnock or Gallen I'd even take Waddock or Gregory till the end of the season if Redknapp resigns.

However I wouldn't sack Redknapp until the summer. Firstly to keep the costs down but also on the off chance we make the play-offs and have some of the injuries left he may be the right man as he's signed most of the players.
Next Manager - Candidates on 11:41 - Apr 20 with 678 viewsHenryQPR

I think you meant Michael Laudrup? He's have my vote with Eddie Howe as a close 2nd. All the others have been around a bit and its would be the same old same old!!
Next Manager - Candidates on 11:51 - Apr 20 with 667 viewsHenryQPR

Brilliant respone! QPR is a circus and I am so fed up with all the merry go round of nonsense surrounding us. Let's face it we are a small club, we have no divine right to be in the Prem and frankly is that the best place for us right now?? Oh great ....lets spend next season praying we can finish 17th or above! Naahhh not for me. Harry is not bothered, it's obvious and its time to make the change as soon as we go out the play off's.
Next Manager - Candidates on 11:57 - Apr 20 with 659 viewstoreqpr

Tuchel or Torstein Lieberknecht Brunschweig Manager done fantastic no a shoestring
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024