Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Next Manager - Candidates 06:30 - Mar 19 with 5534 viewsGloucs_R

Any of these?

Roberto Di Matteo
Steve Clarke
Zola
Brian Laudrup
Malky Mackay
Eddie Howe
Steve Mclaren
Karl Robinson
Glenn Hoddle
Darren Ferguson
Paul Ince
Tony Mowbray
Owen Coyle
Dougie Freedman
Gary Neville
Lee Clark

(Not saying i want them!!)
[Post edited 19 Mar 2014 6:33]

Poll: Are we staying up?

Next Manager - Candidates on 12:07 - Apr 20 with 984 viewsThGrimRanger

EDDIE HOWE

TheGrimRanger

Next Manager - Candidates on 12:36 - Apr 20 with 955 viewsTHEBUSH

It may seem petty, but I'd go for a manager already living in the London area (Sandbanks is too far)

If Harry leaves at the end of the season and it's a big if, I'd go for an youngish manager who would spend lots of time on the training ground with the players.

I'd like Dougie Freedman (if he'd leave Bolton) and I assume he still has a house in London.

He's young enough and has good QPR connections.
Next Manager - Candidates on 12:55 - Apr 20 with 928 viewsDixie_CT

If we stay down then I would like to see;

Les Ferdinand as Manager, Paul Clement as Head Coach and Steve Gallen as Assistant.
[Post edited 20 Apr 2014 12:56]
Next Manager - Candidates on 12:57 - Apr 20 with 923 viewsfreddieeddie

Next Manager - Candidates on 12:36 - Apr 20 by THEBUSH

It may seem petty, but I'd go for a manager already living in the London area (Sandbanks is too far)

If Harry leaves at the end of the season and it's a big if, I'd go for an youngish manager who would spend lots of time on the training ground with the players.

I'd like Dougie Freedman (if he'd leave Bolton) and I assume he still has a house in London.

He's young enough and has good QPR connections.

Young enough - yes
Connections - yes (whats that matter really)
Done sh** with a decent looking squad - yes

Yep sounds about right for us.

Poll: QPR future, what would you like to see happen

Next Manager - Candidates on 12:58 - Apr 20 with 918 viewsflynnbo

Would like to see David Bardsley involved in some way.
Next Manager - Candidates on 13:01 - Apr 20 with 917 viewsBromleyHoop

Next Manager - Candidates on 12:55 - Apr 20 by Dixie_CT

If we stay down then I would like to see;

Les Ferdinand as Manager, Paul Clement as Head Coach and Steve Gallen as Assistant.
[Post edited 20 Apr 2014 12:56]

And I'd like to see Bruce Forsyth as Manager, Alan Carr as first team coach and Scarlett Johanson nurturing the youth set up.

Failing that I would take a punt on Paul Clement.

Poll: Who is your player of the season

Next Manager - Candidates on 13:16 - Apr 20 with 893 viewscarrotcrunch_R

Let me add some reality to this list apart from glen hoddle or rdm I can't see who else has a better c.v than the current regime am I the only one thinking that a change of management at this moment of time could be a complete and utter disaster .
Next Manager - Candidates on 13:27 - Apr 20 with 875 viewsTHEBUSH

Next Manager - Candidates on 12:57 - Apr 20 by freddieeddie

Young enough - yes
Connections - yes (whats that matter really)
Done sh** with a decent looking squad - yes

Yep sounds about right for us.

Whose your choice and why ?
Login to get fewer ads

Next Manager - Candidates on 13:28 - Apr 20 with 873 viewsBromleyHoop

I think regime change may be forced upon us; I'd be very surprised if HR is with us next season. I think he'll retire at the end of the season because of his knee problems.

Poll: Who is your player of the season

Next Manager - Candidates on 13:30 - Apr 20 with 866 viewsdodge_stoke_r

Next Manager - Candidates on 10:52 - Mar 19 by CiderwithRsie

You know what, you're probably right.

But it depends what you want from the club.

If you want promotion to the Premier League asap and failing that a good championship side, we'll need to buy the best part of a new team and get in another manager [I can't imagine Redknapp will still be here next season, and I don't want to try to imagine it, thanks.] Which is pretty much what we've done for the last couple of years - longer really, it's not so different from what Tango and Cash did but with more actual money spent. If it works there's a premier league cash mountain to dig into and pass on to agents and footballers. No prospect of ever winning that league though, and a certainty that we'll do our best to get knocked out of any competition we could actually win to let us concentrate on staying in the premier league so we can keep on passing it's cash onto players and agents.

Personally it does zero for me. Nowadays I just want QPR to be the best QPR it can be. To take players and get them playing to the best of their ability and as part of a team. If League One is their best, I'd be disappointed - but so long as the books can be balanced I'd take that over a team which could be Premier League quality but plays like mid-table championship.

In common with a few others on here, the only bloke on the list I can see coming here who even remotely fits the bill is MacKay. I'm intrigued by the mentions of Paul Clement popping up on a few other threads but I've got to admit I know nothing about his credentials other than the fact that his surname gets him my goodwill

I do kind of agree with most of what you said there. But it doesnt matter what we want our club to be. Theres a bloke pumping huge amounts of cash in to the club and he will want the Premiership and Premiership money. I actually think the standard of football, across the board is getting worse from ablut 6th down in the Prem is very ordinary and the Chamoionship is the worst that I can remember. The champions elect, Leicester yesterday wheren't really that good. And I have seen a couple of
League 1 games this year at Port Vale and can tell you that that league is awfull.
Next Manager - Candidates on 13:31 - Apr 20 with 864 viewsWeaverQPR

Next Manager - Candidates on 13:28 - Apr 20 by BromleyHoop

I think regime change may be forced upon us; I'd be very surprised if HR is with us next season. I think he'll retire at the end of the season because of his knee problems.

While Zola remains unemployed i worry about TF next move.

@WeavQPR

Next Manager - Candidates on 13:34 - Apr 20 with 860 viewsMedwayR

Next Manager - Candidates on 13:31 - Apr 20 by WeaverQPR

While Zola remains unemployed i worry about TF next move.

I've been told by a reliable source that we've spoken with Chris Powell's agent about Powell taking over from Redknapp next season, I expect we've sounded out a few options no doubt including Zola but we could do worse than Powell. I'd still much rather Tuchel or Howe though.

Poll: Who’s better?

Next Manager - Candidates on 13:37 - Apr 20 with 856 views08olesen

Next Manager - Candidates on 11:57 - Apr 20 by toreqpr

Tuchel or Torstein Lieberknecht Brunschweig Manager done fantastic no a shoestring

+1

Poll: Who will the other play off

Next Manager - Candidates on 14:58 - Apr 20 with 816 viewsRangersAreBack

Next Manager - Candidates on 13:34 - Apr 20 by MedwayR

I've been told by a reliable source that we've spoken with Chris Powell's agent about Powell taking over from Redknapp next season, I expect we've sounded out a few options no doubt including Zola but we could do worse than Powell. I'd still much rather Tuchel or Howe though.

We could a lot better than Powell. I want to see QPR hire a young, hungry successful manager not fill quotas.

On a more general note it's easy to say "sack the manager", the trick is getting the right man in. There's no point sacking Harry to bring in the likes of Powell, Zola, Gallen, Freedman or Gigi. We are better than that.

Let's take a leaf out of Wigan's book.
[Post edited 20 Apr 2014 15:11]
Next Manager - Candidates on 15:18 - Apr 20 with 798 viewswood_hoop

Next Manager - Candidates on 14:58 - Apr 20 by RangersAreBack

We could a lot better than Powell. I want to see QPR hire a young, hungry successful manager not fill quotas.

On a more general note it's easy to say "sack the manager", the trick is getting the right man in. There's no point sacking Harry to bring in the likes of Powell, Zola, Gallen, Freedman or Gigi. We are better than that.

Let's take a leaf out of Wigan's book.
[Post edited 20 Apr 2014 15:11]

Not quite sure of the meaning 'young hungry successful manager' just the age and experience alone would be against them having been that successful, not really bothered about age, its their intentions that would interest me most, or maybe that should be what TF would be looking for IF HR is on his hit list.

TF has a dilemma, if we are promoted his record so far is pretty grim in selecting staff to run the club in his absence, and as PR seems to be high on his agenda his idea may well be a 'name' that fits the bill, limits the field somewhat but as his aim seems very much about turning the club into some sort of advertising vehicle, a well known manager would fit in with sponsors rather better than some up and coming whipper snapper.

Not against Powell or a few others mentioned, Powell has QPR connections so gives him a little bit more cache with some of the support, who knows how good some really are, depends on the remit TF gives them, somehow I think it differs a lot from what many of us would like to see judging by the posts about this subject.
Next Manager - Candidates on 17:08 - Apr 20 with 764 viewsJohnAngusFan

Next Manager - Candidates on 08:22 - Mar 19 by Vish

Eddie Howe would be my choice, but agree not sure he'd be looking to move away from Bournemouth again. Don't forget he signed Trippier, Vokes, Ings and Austin whilst at Burnley...

Eddie Howe also signed Mee, Lafferty, Stanislas and Shackell whilst at Burnley, on the down side he signed Bartley, Hines, Stock, Roberts and O'Neill but overall his signings were a massive plus, however he didn't always get the best out of them. To be fair he did have personal problems that were a big distraction in his final year.
From that list it would be Malky for me if Norwich don't snap him up first, its the Watford connection you know, Rodgers, Mackay, Dyche and Warburton. A most unlikely source of managerial talent bur clearly there was something special happening at Vicarage Road until the Pozzo's took control.
Next Manager - Candidates on 17:12 - Apr 20 with 759 viewsTGRRRSSS

Mackay fills this he was still living in Watford at the time he was at Cardiff, he said he was thinking of moving then got wind of storm clouds ahead and stayed put at his home in Hertfordshire.
Give it too him for me, think he'd get a focus and an identity and proper culture back at the club long term.
Next Manager - Candidates on 01:53 - Apr 21 with 679 viewsRangersAreBack

Next Manager - Candidates on 15:18 - Apr 20 by wood_hoop

Not quite sure of the meaning 'young hungry successful manager' just the age and experience alone would be against them having been that successful, not really bothered about age, its their intentions that would interest me most, or maybe that should be what TF would be looking for IF HR is on his hit list.

TF has a dilemma, if we are promoted his record so far is pretty grim in selecting staff to run the club in his absence, and as PR seems to be high on his agenda his idea may well be a 'name' that fits the bill, limits the field somewhat but as his aim seems very much about turning the club into some sort of advertising vehicle, a well known manager would fit in with sponsors rather better than some up and coming whipper snapper.

Not against Powell or a few others mentioned, Powell has QPR connections so gives him a little bit more cache with some of the support, who knows how good some really are, depends on the remit TF gives them, somehow I think it differs a lot from what many of us would like to see judging by the posts about this subject.

I think age should come into it to some degree. The modern manager needs to offer more these days than merely picking the team and formation. Traditional managers like Harry do not possess these additional skills and are unlikely to change their spots.

There are plenty of younger managers who have been successful, though the measure of success is relative. Rosler turned Brentford around. Howe has performed well at Bournemouth and recruited many of the Burnley squad that has performed well this season. Pressley has kept Coventry up against all the odds. Sherwood has steadied Spurs.

QPR connections is a nice to have but not vital. Powell has not done enough to warrant taking a step up. As for Mowbray or Clough, TF don't even think about it.
[Post edited 21 Apr 2014 2:09]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024