Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season 12:34 - Mar 31 with 59300 viewsmorgantwin

many of you youngsters dont know the history of why qpt fans hate fulham so much so i thought i would run through the historical background of the loft
first you must go back to the film called roar
it was all about the world cup and featured ritual chanting for the first time,in 66-67 skinheadism had reached fever pitch but there was no real iconic place to go
SO THE MIGHTY SHED END WAS FORMED BOASTING AN INCREDIBLE 5000 SKINS,PEOPLE LIKE ME WERE BOTH CHELSEA AND QPR FANS I WENT TO BOTH TEAMS
BUT WHERE AS CHELSEA WERE A PASSION QPR WAS MY RELIGION,SO THERE COULD BE NO
DOUBT WHERE I WAS REALLY GOING TO END UP
STRANGLEY THERE WERE many MILLWALL IN THAT SHED END.SO IT WAS MADE UP OF 2000 SKINS WHO SUPPORTED KNOWBODY
2000 CHELSEA SKINS
AND ONE THOUSAND MADE FROM QPR,MILLWALL TOTTENHAM ,ARSENAL WEST HAM
OF WHICH THE BIGGEST CONTRIBUTERS WERE BERMONDSEY FROTHERHYTHE,AND DEPFORD MILLWALL FANS THERE WERE SEVERAL HUNDRED MILLWALL IN THE OIRIGUIONAL SHED ENDbut us infiltrates were just caught up in an amazing buzz

Poll: in last fifty years what was greatest ever atmosphere

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 15:32 - Mar 31 with 3884 viewspaulparker

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 15:29 - Mar 31 by Konk

FFS, this is worse that transfer deadline day — when’s the next instalment coming out?! I’m going home now and will have to wait until the morning to find out what happened.

Right, I’m running a book on why QPR fans hate Fulham so much:

2/1 — Fight over a girl at the Palais
3/1 — Fulham fan stealing Triumph motorbike from Rangers fan living on the Peabody
6/1 — Tommy Trinder referring to QPR as ‘Quarter Pound of Rubbish’ during a recording of Live at the Palladium
7/1 — Zesh Rehman

Personally I’m lumping on the girl/Palais scenario.

can I add at 2/1 the signings of Dean Coney & Callum Willock

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 15:36 - Mar 31 with 3875 viewsElHoop

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 15:32 - Mar 31 by paulparker

can I add at 2/1 the signings of Dean Coney & Callum Willock

You forgot Ernie Howe as well.
the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 15:39 - Mar 31 with 3866 viewsrobith

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 15:36 - Mar 31 by ElHoop

You forgot Ernie Howe as well.

This is what happens when you ban sexy friday, you free up previously occupied hands
the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 15:41 - Mar 31 with 3864 viewsDWQPR

How the f**K can Sexy Friday be banned and yet Rampton's finest is allowed to run amock on this board I will never know!

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 15:45 - Mar 31 with 3846 viewsTacticalR

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 15:31 - Mar 31 by Konk

I was thinking more Grange Hill blended with a 1980's football hooligan episode from the Bill or Casualty...but your idea sounds better. We're gonna need a sh it load of extras.

And Maester Berbatov to lend a bit of gravitas to proceedings (I know you're so over him).

Air hostess clique

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 16:34 - Mar 31 with 3794 viewswhittocksRs

FFS, this is worse that transfer deadline day — when’s the next instalment coming out?! I’m going home now and will have to wait until the morning to find out what happened.

3/1 — Fulham fan stealing Triumph motorbike from Rangers fan living on the Peabody
6/1 — Tommy Trinder referring to QPR as ‘Quarter Pound of Rubbish’ during a recording of Live at the Palladium
7/1 — Zesh Rehman

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 16:41 - Mar 31 with 3770 viewsizlingtonhoop

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 12:47 - Mar 31 by Tonto

but that does not explain why QPR fans hate Fulham nor any evolution of the loft, but seems to promote the use of caps lock, which we spent years trying to get Holloway to stop using.

And weren't skins just racist thigs with poor musical tastes?

You all bought the dummy.

He's talking about qpt see, you thought he said QPR.
the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 16:43 - Mar 31 with 3767 viewsJuzzie

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 15:25 - Mar 31 by TacticalR

Yes! I am thinking a London-based 'Game of Terraces' with fantasy football hooligans constantly switching allegiances as they sail from one battle to the next.

I've got this game, one day I'll install it and give it a go!

Login to get fewer ads

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 17:07 - Mar 31 with 3734 viewsMrSheen

7/1 — Zesh Rehman

Fulham fans turned up to a joint ambush of the Aldershot Assassin Squad wearing crimson velvet flares, started handing out flowers.
the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 17:28 - Mar 31 with 3693 viewseasthertsr

Football hooligans are just so stupid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 17:31 - Mar 31 with 3688 viewsjamois

Bring back morgantwin! BRING BACK CAPSLOCK. You've all chased him away and we never got to discover anything. Morgan - as an ex skin you surely cannot be running scared of this lot?! Get back on here and finish the tale.

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 18:31 - Mar 31 with 3638 viewsmorgantwin

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 17:31 - Mar 31 by jamois

Bring back morgantwin! BRING BACK CAPSLOCK. You've all chased him away and we never got to discover anything. Morgan - as an ex skin you surely cannot be running scared of this lot?! Get back on here and finish the tale.

ok juzie you think i was wrong to like chelsea but you have got to remember i was only 14 at the time,and football hooliganism wasnt really starting to begin,there was only stoke city and millwall who were attacking opposition fans
so lets go back to 1968 -69
it was the start of our very first season in the top flight,but the most exiting thing was that skinheadism was peaking and
after every qpr home match running battles were taking place outside the stadium,but it nearly always was that the first team that charged used to frighten the opposition,so they would run away
i went to every home match that season,and cant remember a toe to toe situation,tottenham fans had joined up with qpr to formulate the origional loft maybe about 20 of them came to the liecster match
the most amazing taking of the loft was the man utd home match,ive never seen so many cram into the loft,did any of you message boarders go to the old loft back in 69 or am i the oldest supporter in town here

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 18:36 - Mar 31 with 3634 viewsRamseyR

When the loan window opens, can we loan Morgan Twin/Dexter for England/Flying Cow back to WATRB, so we can be spared this drivel?
the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 18:50 - Mar 31 with 3601 viewsstansleftfoot

Running Battles.....I ran and battled to The Loft every home game in 68/69 to watch Vic Mobley deal with a bouncing ball and praise Fulham FC for creating Rodney Marsh and letting us sign him....he didn't appear unti late '69 because of a sore foot.
I love Fulham FC 'cos of The Big Match with Marsh, Best and Moore...what's not to love about Fulham, harmless, non-threatening, pleasant walk to ground, you can always get in...everything that Chelsea are not, who I just feel sorry for!
the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 18:50 - Mar 31 with 3600 viewsmorgantwin

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 18:36 - Mar 31 by RamseyR

When the loan window opens, can we loan Morgan Twin/Dexter for England/Flying Cow back to WATRB, so we can be spared this drivel?

no no ramsey drivel is good
im trying to recreate the 1969 season well getting clothes wasnt like today because we couldnt get enough ben shermans many skins wore jaytex,or trutex or brutus
i can remember going to coventry away in 1969 and we all laughed at there skinheads because they were wearing big t boots
its maybe too much for you guys to imagine what it was like all those years ago

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 18:56 - Mar 31 with 3548 viewsSudbury_Hill_R

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 14:23 - Mar 31 by THEBUSH

I'm a QPR fan and I don't hate Fulham (no there's no catch.)

When QPR were in the 3rd Division, me and some mates used to go and watch Fulham's stars, Johnny Haynes, Tony Macedo, George Cohen, etc..

Don't remember any hatred in those times !!

Good innocent times indeed. Like myself, back in the day we went to all three so called west London clubs depending on who was at home and if it was sold out. Preference for the Rs of course but any game would do. None of this TV or streaming back then. Pay on the gate for a couple of bob and everyone was happy.
the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 18:57 - Mar 31 with 3545 viewsjamois

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 18:50 - Mar 31 by morgantwin

no no ramsey drivel is good
im trying to recreate the 1969 season well getting clothes wasnt like today because we couldnt get enough ben shermans many skins wore jaytex,or trutex or brutus
i can remember going to coventry away in 1969 and we all laughed at there skinheads because they were wearing big t boots
its maybe too much for you guys to imagine what it was like all those years ago

No Morgan it's never too much. BUT. Like everyone else here I'm waiting to hear about the foundations for our foolham hatred.......??

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 19:03 - Mar 31 with 3534 viewsSudbury_Hill_R

Morgan I'm sure you are a nice bloke but can I ask. Are the drugs you are on over the counter, prescription or street corner? Or is it alcohol related?
the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 19:09 - Mar 31 with 3516 viewsted_hendrix

Skins?

We used to wrap our Ganja and Old Holborn in skins then blow our minds.

Blast City.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 19:27 - Mar 31 with 3484 viewsscot1963

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 18:57 - Mar 31 by jamois

No Morgan it's never too much. BUT. Like everyone else here I'm waiting to hear about the foundations for our foolham hatred.......??

speak for yourself Jamois - I can't even begin to imagine that there was ever such a bleak time and place where there weren't enough Ben Shermans to go round and some poor sods were even forced to wear big t boots
the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 19:31 - Mar 31 with 3466 viewslongbottom

My only recollection of (mild) dislike of Fulham relates to the Martin Busby/Paul Went incident and the odd minor skirmish over the years. We managed to be in different divisions most of the time.
Oh, and yes I was one the few hundred dozy sod's who attempted to take the Shed back in 68/69. I've still got the scar's to prove it.
the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 19:37 - Mar 31 with 3443 viewsJigsore

what

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 19:39 - Mar 31 with 3436 viewsQPR1882

7/1 — Zesh Rehman

Evens- Martin Busby's leg break

The sound of his leg breaking has haunted me to this day, Paul Went must be the reason QPR hate Fulham.

[Post edited 31 Mar 2014 22:15]
the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 19:43 - Mar 31 with 3423 viewsTheBlob

My recollection was Johnny Haynes using the original Jude The Cat as a willy warmer.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 19:46 - Mar 31 with 3406 viewsSudbury_Hill_R

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 19:39 - Mar 31 by QPR1882

Evens- Martin Busby's leg break

The sound of his leg breaking has haunted me to this day, Paul Went must be the reason QPR hate Fulham.

[Post edited 31 Mar 2014 22:15]

Me too. Poor bloke. Worse thing I've ever witnessed at football. Tony Hazell was like a man possessed. Wanted to kill Went and probably would of if others didn't restrain him.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024