Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season 12:34 - Mar 31 with 59474 viewsmorgantwin

many of you youngsters dont know the history of why qpt fans hate fulham so much so i thought i would run through the historical background of the loft
first you must go back to the film called roar
it was all about the world cup and featured ritual chanting for the first time,in 66-67 skinheadism had reached fever pitch but there was no real iconic place to go
SO THE MIGHTY SHED END WAS FORMED BOASTING AN INCREDIBLE 5000 SKINS,PEOPLE LIKE ME WERE BOTH CHELSEA AND QPR FANS I WENT TO BOTH TEAMS
BUT WHERE AS CHELSEA WERE A PASSION QPR WAS MY RELIGION,SO THERE COULD BE NO
DOUBT WHERE I WAS REALLY GOING TO END UP
STRANGLEY THERE WERE many MILLWALL IN THAT SHED END.SO IT WAS MADE UP OF 2000 SKINS WHO SUPPORTED KNOWBODY
2000 CHELSEA SKINS
AND ONE THOUSAND MADE FROM QPR,MILLWALL TOTTENHAM ,ARSENAL WEST HAM
OF WHICH THE BIGGEST CONTRIBUTERS WERE BERMONDSEY FROTHERHYTHE,AND DEPFORD MILLWALL FANS THERE WERE SEVERAL HUNDRED MILLWALL IN THE OIRIGUIONAL SHED ENDbut us infiltrates were just caught up in an amazing buzz

Poll: in last fifty years what was greatest ever atmosphere

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 09:46 - Apr 1 with 4239 viewsMytch_QPR

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 09:30 - Apr 1 by BrianMcCarthy

They buy trousers in a wine bar?

And I thought the C&S was good!

Only discussing in the wine bar, then pop next door to Emporio Tarquin to purchase. Then M&S for some humous. Comprendez?

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 10:01 - Apr 1 with 4219 viewsBrianMcCarthy

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 09:46 - Apr 1 by Mytch_QPR

Only discussing in the wine bar, then pop next door to Emporio Tarquin to purchase. Then M&S for some humous. Comprendez?

Oui! Sorry, Mytch. Couldn't resist. Caught up in the whole otherworldliness of it all!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 10:13 - Apr 1 with 4194 viewsKonk

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 09:28 - Apr 1 by Mytch_QPR

I trust you weren't involved in this treachery, Konk?
Sounds typical of Fulham to me - expected to fight for their lives in the front lines of the platoon, and instead they're sipping Chablis and discussing which pair of red trousers to buy next in some swanky wine bar off the Kings Rd...

It’s all before my time, I’m glad to say; although I did used to drink in the Gloves/OSP. You have to remember, that this all took place before Fulham was gentrified, so it would have been more Donkey jackets than Sports jackets back then. Most of our supporters would have been working in mining, the steel works, ship building etc; poorly educated, unkempt and honking of stale, rancid sweat.

In terms of the televisionification of Morgantwin’s memoirs, I’m seeing it opening with the sound of Michael Caine delivering a voiceover (“But first we need to go back to the beginning - to Mike Keen's testimonial - for what happened that day would shape the lives of all those present — for it was terrible.”), with a slow motion recreation of the carnage playing in the background, accompanied by Dire Straits’ “Brothers in arms”. That would be TV fu cking dynamite. I’m seeing this being an instant Boxset classic. "Why QPR hate Fulham so much and the evolution of the Loft". I'd buy it.
[Post edited 1 Apr 2014 10:39]

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 10:16 - Apr 1 with 4179 viewsBrianMcCarthy

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 10:13 - Apr 1 by Konk

It’s all before my time, I’m glad to say; although I did used to drink in the Gloves/OSP. You have to remember, that this all took place before Fulham was gentrified, so it would have been more Donkey jackets than Sports jackets back then. Most of our supporters would have been working in mining, the steel works, ship building etc; poorly educated, unkempt and honking of stale, rancid sweat.

In terms of the televisionification of Morgantwin’s memoirs, I’m seeing it opening with the sound of Michael Caine delivering a voiceover (“But first we need to go back to the beginning - to Mike Keen's testimonial - for what happened that day would shape the lives of all those present — for it was terrible.”), with a slow motion recreation of the carnage playing in the background, accompanied by Dire Straits’ “Brothers in arms”. That would be TV fu cking dynamite. I’m seeing this being an instant Boxset classic. "Why QPR hate Fulham so much and the evolution of the Loft". I'd buy it.

I think you're one of the only ones who's buying it!

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 10:37 - Apr 1 with 4140 viewsKonk

I’d like to see your next goal-scorer taking his shirt off to reveal a vest with this image printed on it, with the player then pointing at the Loft and banging his fist on his heart:

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 10:40 - Apr 1 with 4212 viewsfacto

we are the ted preservation society....we are the ted preservation society...we are the ted preservation society!
the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 10:56 - Apr 1 with 4201 viewsmorgantwin

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 10:40 - Apr 1 by facto

we are the ted preservation society....we are the ted preservation society...we are the ted preservation society!

general facto is it really you,my most decorated battle commander,who has now found god and preaches from the pulpit of love every sunday
IVE DISCOVERD THIS AS ONE BRILLIANT SITE ,NORTHERNRANGER REALLY KNOWS HIS FOOTBALL AND PUTS SOME FABULOUS REPORTS UP ,DIDCOROID IS A COMIC GENIUS,THIS REALLY IS A FABULOUS SITE FULL OF RANGERS FANS

LFWQPR SITE I LOVE YOU GUYS YOUR FANTASTIC,AND THIS YEAR WE ARE GOING UP AT THE WEMBLEY STADIUM,ALL MY DREAMS AS A 60 YEAR OLD MAN HAVE BEEN REALISED

Poll: in last fifty years what was greatest ever atmosphere

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 11:18 - Apr 1 with 4170 viewsMytch_QPR

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 10:13 - Apr 1 by Konk

Konk, as usual you're making a lot of sense, but I'm thinking more along the lines of a movie: "The Loft's Last Stand" - although we could consider "Big Push At The Bush" or "Collapse Of The Cottagers" (?)
I'm thinking Ray Winstone as the head Chelsea thug, Liam Neeson as General of the White City Springboks, with Benedict Cumberbatch as the Fulham ringleader. We could recreate a 1960's look to the streets of Shepherds Bush with some old Cortinas, add a load of extras and a stirring soundtrack from Ennio Morricone and I think we've got a winner.

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Login to get fewer ads

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 11:33 - Apr 1 with 4141 viewsTacticalR

I am looking forward to the episode on boutique football hooliganism with expensive scarves.

Air hostess clique

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 11:51 - Apr 1 with 4106 viewstoboboly

"in 66-67 skinheadism had reached fever pitch"

Er..............

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 11:55 - Apr 1 with 4086 viewsPommyhoop

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 12:03 - Apr 1 with 4065 viewsKonk

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 11:18 - Apr 1 by Mytch_QPR

Konk, as usual you're making a lot of sense, but I'm thinking more along the lines of a movie: "The Loft's Last Stand" - although we could consider "Big Push At The Bush" or "Collapse Of The Cottagers" (?)
I'm thinking Ray Winstone as the head Chelsea thug, Liam Neeson as General of the White City Springboks, with Benedict Cumberbatch as the Fulham ringleader. We could recreate a 1960's look to the streets of Shepherds Bush with some old Cortinas, add a load of extras and a stirring soundtrack from Ennio Morricone and I think we've got a winner.

Not being critical, but my understanding from morgantwin’s breathless account of the evolution of the Loft, is that Mike Keen’s testimonial was very much the “first stand” as opposed to the “last stand”. And it doesn’t sound like there was a lot of “standing” going on. I think we stick with MT’s “The evolution of the Loft and why QPR hate Fulham so much”.

I like “Big push at the Bush”, but for me, this has to be done as a TV series — imagine if they’d squeezed The Wire into a 120 minute film? “Big push at the Bush” would be a great episode title. In terms of the production, I’ve got a soundtrack from Michael Nyman, Phil Collins and Ralph McTell — everyone’s represented that way. Budget wise, I think recreating 1960-70’s West London might be a bit out of our budget (I can only commit £50 until I get paid), so what about having our scenes acted out in pubs/streets and that, with old episodes of Minder being shown via projector onto a big screen in the background, so it looks like our actors are actually there?

I like your casting, but I’m going with Keith Allen as our ringleader and Suggs playing the Chelsea skinhead leader. Actually, didn’t Morgantwin say everyone was about 14 at the outset?

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 12:07 - Apr 1 with 4047 viewsscot1963

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 12:03 - Apr 1 by Konk

Not being critical, but my understanding from morgantwin’s breathless account of the evolution of the Loft, is that Mike Keen’s testimonial was very much the “first stand” as opposed to the “last stand”. And it doesn’t sound like there was a lot of “standing” going on. I think we stick with MT’s “The evolution of the Loft and why QPR hate Fulham so much”.

I like “Big push at the Bush”, but for me, this has to be done as a TV series — imagine if they’d squeezed The Wire into a 120 minute film? “Big push at the Bush” would be a great episode title. In terms of the production, I’ve got a soundtrack from Michael Nyman, Phil Collins and Ralph McTell — everyone’s represented that way. Budget wise, I think recreating 1960-70’s West London might be a bit out of our budget (I can only commit £50 until I get paid), so what about having our scenes acted out in pubs/streets and that, with old episodes of Minder being shown via projector onto a big screen in the background, so it looks like our actors are actually there?

I like your casting, but I’m going with Keith Allen as our ringleader and Suggs playing the Chelsea skinhead leader. Actually, didn’t Morgantwin say everyone was about 14 at the outset?

so that leaves us with the Harry Potter cast then for the three leads

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 12:09 - Apr 1 with 4029 viewsMytch_QPR

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 12:03 - Apr 1 by Konk

I can put in £50 as well - can we have a pub scene with a topless barmaid?
Guy Garvey from Elbow could make his acting debut as a young Ken Bates. Michael Nyman's a big Rangers fan so I'm sure we could persuade him to work on a tight budget. Looks like we're ready to roll.

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 12:19 - Apr 1 with 3998 viewsKonk

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 12:09 - Apr 1 by Mytch_QPR

I can put in £50 as well - can we have a pub scene with a topless barmaid?
Guy Garvey from Elbow could make his acting debut as a young Ken Bates. Michael Nyman's a big Rangers fan so I'm sure we could persuade him to work on a tight budget. Looks like we're ready to roll.

We can definitely have a topless barmaid if that’s important to the story. If not, it might seem a bit gratuitous and my instinct tells me its £20 we could be spending on the Minder DVD boxset. I know Nyman’s a Rangers fan — that’s why I’ve got him on board. Ralph McTell’s representing Fulham and Phil Collins will be doing his bit for Chelsea. This untold tale is an important slice of West London history and it’s important it feels authentic.

Harry Potter casting — could work. Daniel Radcliffe’s from Fulham, so would obviously be Fulham. Aren’t they all older now, though?

£100 in the kitty, top talent on board, a possible topless pub scene...I'm going to seek additional funding from the national lottery and the LBoHF.

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 12:29 - Apr 1 with 3974 viewsscot1963

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 12:19 - Apr 1 by Konk

We can definitely have a topless barmaid if that’s important to the story. If not, it might seem a bit gratuitous and my instinct tells me its £20 we could be spending on the Minder DVD boxset. I know Nyman’s a Rangers fan — that’s why I’ve got him on board. Ralph McTell’s representing Fulham and Phil Collins will be doing his bit for Chelsea. This untold tale is an important slice of West London history and it’s important it feels authentic.

Harry Potter casting — could work. Daniel Radcliffe’s from Fulham, so would obviously be Fulham. Aren’t they all older now, though?

£100 in the kitty, top talent on board, a possible topless pub scene...I'm going to seek additional funding from the national lottery and the LBoHF.

they still look 14 though - the ginger guy could lose the hair for the skinhead role but that leaves us with the girl

edit - she could have the topless role and then make it a sort of West Side Story bringing in a singing Justin Bieber type to play the Morgantwin role
[Post edited 1 Apr 2014 12:33]
the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 12:35 - Apr 1 with 3938 viewstheselector

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 12:19 - Apr 1 by Konk

Sorry Konk but Phil Collins is just plain wrong. As any Rangers fan can tell you - he used to support QPR but then switched to Spurs. If you need a Chelsea supporting muso, how about Damon Albarn? His earlier stuff would fit in with the 60s setting.
the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 12:45 - Apr 1 with 3917 viewshopphoops

Thread of the year. I'm seeing aggro over Billie Piper and looming crimes against humanity at the Perivale pitch and putt.

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 12:45 - Apr 1 with 3914 viewsKonk

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 12:35 - Apr 1 by theselector

Sorry Konk but Phil Collins is just plain wrong. As any Rangers fan can tell you - he used to support QPR but then switched to Spurs. If you need a Chelsea supporting muso, how about Damon Albarn? His earlier stuff would fit in with the 60s setting.

I’m sure that when Ken Bates stopped dishing out free season-tickets for celebrities, Phil Collins publically went into a strop about it and vowed to boycott the Bridge. I can remember laughing a lot and thinking what a c unt he must be. Possibly the only time I’ve ever felt any sympathy for Ken Bates. I’ve been slagging him off about it for years, so I hope I haven’t just dreamt the whole thing up.

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 12:46 - Apr 1 with 3906 viewsStanisgod

I'm starting a " HELP FOR LOFT HEROES" charity. Sod them whingers from Afghanistan and Iraq with their blown off legs ! These people need real help.
[Post edited 1 Apr 2014 12:47]

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 12:57 - Apr 1 with 3872 viewsBrianMcCarthy

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 12:45 - Apr 1 by Konk

I’m sure that when Ken Bates stopped dishing out free season-tickets for celebrities, Phil Collins publically went into a strop about it and vowed to boycott the Bridge. I can remember laughing a lot and thinking what a c unt he must be. Possibly the only time I’ve ever felt any sympathy for Ken Bates. I’ve been slagging him off about it for years, so I hope I haven’t just dreamt the whole thing up.

Well, he's even more of a slapper than we thought.

A Kick Up The 's definitely exposed him by digging up a couple of old interviews - in one he was a diehard Ranger, in the other he was doing the dirt over Tottenham way..

Well, well, turns out he had another bit on the side over in South-West London, eh?

Still, leave him on the soundtrack. albarn's a Dagenham/Country lad and this is an all- West London affair.

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 13:11 - Apr 1 with 3839 viewsKonk

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 12:57 - Apr 1 by BrianMcCarthy

Well, he's even more of a slapper than we thought.

A Kick Up The 's definitely exposed him by digging up a couple of old interviews - in one he was a diehard Ranger, in the other he was doing the dirt over Tottenham way..

Well, well, turns out he had another bit on the side over in South-West London, eh?

Still, leave him on the soundtrack. albarn's a Dagenham/Country lad and this is an all- West London affair.

Look, I might be doing him a disservice, but I’m sure I didn’t dream this up. Other Phil Collins stories that I think are factual, but might not be: he told his wife he was divorcing her by fax and used to drive a black cab round town, but not pick anyone up. I have repeated all three of these stories over the past 25 years+ whenever the opportunity has arisen. And not just in the UK.

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 13:15 - Apr 1 with 3828 viewswhittocksRs

This is by far one of my favourite LFW threads ever.
the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 13:20 - Apr 1 with 3819 viewsBrianMcCarthy

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 13:11 - Apr 1 by Konk

Look, I might be doing him a disservice, but I’m sure I didn’t dream this up. Other Phil Collins stories that I think are factual, but might not be: he told his wife he was divorcing her by fax and used to drive a black cab round town, but not pick anyone up. I have repeated all three of these stories over the past 25 years+ whenever the opportunity has arisen. And not just in the UK.

You may well be doing him a disservice. And maybe I will be too, but I will without a doubt be telling all of your stories now too!

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 14:20 - Apr 1 with 3738 viewsJuzzie

Let it go.

It's worse than Brentford fans hating us because we nearly bought them out some 50 years ago and killed them off just to get the ground. Brenford kids today are made to 'hate' QPR because of this, something that didn't actually happen when their grandads were alive.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024