Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season 12:34 - Mar 31 with 59472 viewsmorgantwin

many of you youngsters dont know the history of why qpt fans hate fulham so much so i thought i would run through the historical background of the loft
first you must go back to the film called roar
it was all about the world cup and featured ritual chanting for the first time,in 66-67 skinheadism had reached fever pitch but there was no real iconic place to go
SO THE MIGHTY SHED END WAS FORMED BOASTING AN INCREDIBLE 5000 SKINS,PEOPLE LIKE ME WERE BOTH CHELSEA AND QPR FANS I WENT TO BOTH TEAMS
BUT WHERE AS CHELSEA WERE A PASSION QPR WAS MY RELIGION,SO THERE COULD BE NO
DOUBT WHERE I WAS REALLY GOING TO END UP
STRANGLEY THERE WERE many MILLWALL IN THAT SHED END.SO IT WAS MADE UP OF 2000 SKINS WHO SUPPORTED KNOWBODY
2000 CHELSEA SKINS
AND ONE THOUSAND MADE FROM QPR,MILLWALL TOTTENHAM ,ARSENAL WEST HAM
OF WHICH THE BIGGEST CONTRIBUTERS WERE BERMONDSEY FROTHERHYTHE,AND DEPFORD MILLWALL FANS THERE WERE SEVERAL HUNDRED MILLWALL IN THE OIRIGUIONAL SHED ENDbut us infiltrates were just caught up in an amazing buzz

Poll: in last fifty years what was greatest ever atmosphere

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 14:22 - Apr 1 with 4187 viewsPommyhoop

We could get Noddy Holder to play dual roles.
QPR /Chelsea fan.

Fulham fan.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 14:35 - Apr 1 with 4168 viewsMytch_QPR

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 13:11 - Apr 1 by Konk

Look, I might be doing him a disservice, but I’m sure I didn’t dream this up. Other Phil Collins stories that I think are factual, but might not be: he told his wife he was divorcing her by fax and used to drive a black cab round town, but not pick anyone up. I have repeated all three of these stories over the past 25 years+ whenever the opportunity has arisen. And not just in the UK.

Are you confusing Phil Collins with Stephen Fry? - someone told me he used to use a black cab to get around town? - of course, he wouldn't have had a wife to divorce by fax, so you may well have that bit spot on. I only hope, for his sake, that he didn't use Paladini's fax machine - it is entirely possible that he is still married if that was the case.

In any event, it sounds as though Phil treated London football clubs like his women - jumping into bed with whichever he fancied at the time, especially if there were free tickets involved.

As an aside, the topless barmaid thing isn't central to the plot, but I always associate them with those gritty Sweeny-type programmes from the 70's. Plus it's an opportunity to stare at a pair of knockers.

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 15:02 - Apr 1 with 4121 viewsKonk

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 14:35 - Apr 1 by Mytch_QPR

Are you confusing Phil Collins with Stephen Fry? - someone told me he used to use a black cab to get around town? - of course, he wouldn't have had a wife to divorce by fax, so you may well have that bit spot on. I only hope, for his sake, that he didn't use Paladini's fax machine - it is entirely possible that he is still married if that was the case.

In any event, it sounds as though Phil treated London football clubs like his women - jumping into bed with whichever he fancied at the time, especially if there were free tickets involved.

As an aside, the topless barmaid thing isn't central to the plot, but I always associate them with those gritty Sweeny-type programmes from the 70's. Plus it's an opportunity to stare at a pair of knockers.

I sometimes confuse him with Bob Hoskins (who I like), but never Stephen Fry to the best of my knowledge. But yeah, he had/has a cab too. Crazy. Does Bob Hoskins drive a cab?

I think there was definitely a “Bristols” thing going on back then — with breasts that were very definitely of that time - but I think topless barmaids could prove problematic with our potential backers; either the BBC Drama dept or the National Lottery, Arts Council, GLA and LBoHF. With that in mind, I think we have to look to low-cut blouses and occasional close-ups of spillages being vigorously mopped-up. Nothing too blue, but plenty for the dirty Mac brigade.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 15:16 - Apr 1 with 4103 viewsElHoop

Mike Keen testimonial scenes could use some of this

Around 16 to 21 minutes is filmed at Loftus Road. Could cut and paste or whatever you do and delete John Thaw and replace him with a load of Scum skins surely? John Thaw would have been useful in this production.
[Post edited 1 Apr 2014 15:20]
the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 15:37 - Apr 1 with 4076 viewswillis1980

i didnt get to the bottom of page 1 without asking myself "wheres darwin? when you need him!"
the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 15:51 - Apr 1 with 4059 viewsMytch_QPR

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 14:22 - Apr 1 by Pommyhoop

We could get Noddy Holder to play dual roles.
QPR /Chelsea fan.

Fulham fan.

I think you have something here - as the word evolution is in the thread, we could actually film the whole piece as a kind of tribute to 2001: A Space Odyssey. We could witness football fans evolving from primates to middle aged men in red trousers and Barbour jackets.

The opening scene: a bunch of Neolithic apes drag their knuckles and scratch their heads in bewilderment around a strange blue obelisk with the words' Britannia Gate'. Next scene - we fast forward a few thousand years and see the same obelisk in front of a modern Stamford Bridge , surrounded by a bunch of Neolithic.... you can guess the rest.

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 15:55 - Apr 1 with 4056 viewspeejaybee

Konk,Can we not fit Johnny Haynes and his Outrageous £100.00 Per Week wages in somewhere.

If at first you dont succeed, pack up and f**k off home.

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 15:59 - Apr 1 with 4043 viewsjamois

Alright you lot - get off now. Vacate the stage. BriNG baCK MORGAN tWIN.

WE WANT MORE MORGAN. What you got?

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

Login to get fewer ads

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 16:03 - Apr 1 with 4033 viewsFredManRave

Could somebody please confirm that, for all our sakes, there is only one morgantwin.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 16:05 - Apr 1 with 4022 viewsElHoop

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 15:59 - Apr 1 by jamois

He's got 150 skins I think, although I lost count and got confused later on.
the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 16:07 - Apr 1 with 4017 viewsMytch_QPR

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 15:59 - Apr 1 by jamois

Fair comment - it's gone a bit off-piste, this one. Where ArE yOU m ORGAn TwiN?

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 16:31 - Apr 1 with 3980 viewsscot1963

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 16:07 - Apr 1 by Mytch_QPR

Fair comment - it's gone a bit off-piste, this one. Where ArE yOU m ORGAn TwiN?

there was some talk of who had first dibs on him - Disco or Brian - he may not have survived the tussle
the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 17:14 - Apr 1 with 3920 viewsDWQPR

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 15:16 - Apr 1 by ElHoop

Mike Keen testimonial scenes could use some of this

Around 16 to 21 minutes is filmed at Loftus Road. Could cut and paste or whatever you do and delete John Thaw and replace him with a load of Scum skins surely? John Thaw would have been useful in this production.
[Post edited 1 Apr 2014 15:20]

I reckon the bloke with the glasses after 18mins is Fulham.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 17:37 - Apr 1 with 3886 viewsBrianMcCarthy

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 16:31 - Apr 1 by scot1963

there was some talk of who had first dibs on him - Disco or Brian - he may not have survived the tussle

I gave it up (so to speak).

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 09:08 - Apr 2 with 3718 viewsmorgantwin

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 17:37 - Apr 1 by BrianMcCarthy

I gave it up (so to speak).

well juzie once more you are going to give me more abuse because the hatred between brentford and qpr was a completely differant issue
first of all back in 1960
brentford fans would hurl a lot of abuse at us because we had about 2000 irish these guys were as hard as granit
and one fight our irish had with millwall was to make us the joint hardest team in london
2000 men who had worked the building sites since they were 14 years of age try to imagine
how the dockers of bermondsey could intimidate that lot
and because our ground was a joke compared to there beautifull 40 000 stadium,they would say that we had a crap ground and a load of stinking irish as fans
we felt so hurt by these comments that there was terrible friction between the clubs
yes the buy out was the final straw
but the hatred was about long before,and of course the worst riot in our history was the
tommy higgins testimonial at griffin park
i was there that day and qpr fans kicked all the back of there stand out which upset them
and chased about 50 of them out of there home end
so the brentford thing will never end,the four west london clubs all hate each other

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 09:56 - Apr 2 with 3685 viewsMytch_QPR

Blimey. I thought these testimonial matches were generally good natured affairs. Next time we have one it sounds as though we'll need a full UN peace keeping force in situ.

On the plus side, looks like we could have a sequel... or is it a prequel?

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 10:04 - Apr 2 with 3672 viewsBrianMcCarthy

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 09:56 - Apr 2 by Mytch_QPR

Blimey. I thought these testimonial matches were generally good natured affairs. Next time we have one it sounds as though we'll need a full UN peace keeping force in situ.

On the plus side, looks like we could have a sequel... or is it a prequel?

A prequel, I'm thinking.

2,000 Irish hoolies? Who knew?

And every single man-jack of them had worked the building sites since they were 14?

The good news here is that costumes would be cheap. I'm Irish. I have 2,000 donkey jackets and 2,00 pairs of steel toecaps in my own wardrobe.

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 10:07 - Apr 2 with 3667 viewsTheBlob

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 10:04 - Apr 2 by BrianMcCarthy

A prequel, I'm thinking.

2,000 Irish hoolies? Who knew?

And every single man-jack of them had worked the building sites since they were 14?

The good news here is that costumes would be cheap. I'm Irish. I have 2,000 donkey jackets and 2,00 pairs of steel toecaps in my own wardrobe.

Are you any good at laying tarmac?I've got some potholes need filling.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 10:11 - Apr 2 with 3661 viewsElHoop

Presumably the 2000 Irish met up in Biddy Mulligans and passed the hat round afterwards.
the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 10:13 - Apr 2 with 3657 viewsBrianMcCarthy

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 10:07 - Apr 2 by TheBlob

Are you any good at laying tarmac?I've got some potholes need filling.

Good? Are you joking? I've been layin' the blackstuff since the Black Chicago Winter o' '47.

Only thing is - the poor accountant's laid up with the colic this weather. 'Twould be better if you had a bit o' cash, like.

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 10:17 - Apr 2 with 3619 viewsTheBlob

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 10:13 - Apr 2 by BrianMcCarthy

Good? Are you joking? I've been layin' the blackstuff since the Black Chicago Winter o' '47.

Only thing is - the poor accountant's laid up with the colic this weather. 'Twould be better if you had a bit o' cash, like.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 10:47 - Apr 2 with 3587 viewsKonk

“How are we going to get to the Tommy Higgins testimonial, Noel? The police have all 2,000 of us in a bubble, they’ve surrounded the pub and they've set-up road blocks out of the Bush."
“Don’t worry Pat — we’ll dig a cut through to the river and sail down the Thames on a flotilla of barges.”

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 10:53 - Apr 2 with 3573 viewsBrianMcCarthy

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 10:47 - Apr 2 by Konk

“How are we going to get to the Tommy Higgins testimonial, Noel? The police have all 2,000 of us in a bubble, they’ve surrounded the pub and they've set-up road blocks out of the Bush."
“Don’t worry Pat — we’ll dig a cut through to the river and sail down the Thames on a flotilla of barges.”

And if that don't work, the 2,000 of us can telegram the Mother.

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 12:04 - Apr 2 with 3516 viewsmorgantwin

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 10:53 - Apr 2 by BrianMcCarthy

And if that don't work, the 2,000 of us can telegram the Mother.

on a serious note brian doyou rember when qpr did there rollof honour an posted there top fans in the programs circa middle seventies

evertime it got to a irish name there were so many of them it was ridiculous,there was over one hundred differant murphies, there were fitzpatricks,o donnahues,cronnins,o learys
etc etc

i bet we have out of our 14,000 fans 4,000 irish last names we must have the biggest irish
percentage in london
I WISHED AN HISTORIAN COULD COME UP WITH THE EXACT DATE OF THE IRISH QPR FANS V THE MILLWALL DOCKERS
I HAVE SEARCHED THE HISTORICAL RECORDS AND HAVENT FOUND IT
WHEN WAS THE BIG IRISH SHEPARDS BUSH ERA IM GUESSING ABOUT 1955
BECAUSE ONE THINGS FOR SURE IF I CANT FIND THE TRUE DATE KNOWBODY WILL BELIEVE
THAT IT HAPPENED,WHEN WAS QPRS GROUND SHUT OVER CROWD DISTURBANCE
DID THAT REALLY HAPPEN,I CERTAINLY NEVER SAW IT
so can anybody find any truth in this or is it just fabrication

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 12:21 - Apr 2 with 3499 viewstheselector

I've worked out what's going on here.

The answer was so obvious I can't believe it took me so long.

This message board is, in fact, a portal to a parallel universe.
[Post edited 2 Apr 2014 12:26]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024