Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season 12:34 - Mar 31 with 59301 viewsmorgantwin

many of you youngsters dont know the history of why qpt fans hate fulham so much so i thought i would run through the historical background of the loft
first you must go back to the film called roar
it was all about the world cup and featured ritual chanting for the first time,in 66-67 skinheadism had reached fever pitch but there was no real iconic place to go
SO THE MIGHTY SHED END WAS FORMED BOASTING AN INCREDIBLE 5000 SKINS,PEOPLE LIKE ME WERE BOTH CHELSEA AND QPR FANS I WENT TO BOTH TEAMS
BUT WHERE AS CHELSEA WERE A PASSION QPR WAS MY RELIGION,SO THERE COULD BE NO
DOUBT WHERE I WAS REALLY GOING TO END UP
STRANGLEY THERE WERE many MILLWALL IN THAT SHED END.SO IT WAS MADE UP OF 2000 SKINS WHO SUPPORTED KNOWBODY
2000 CHELSEA SKINS
AND ONE THOUSAND MADE FROM QPR,MILLWALL TOTTENHAM ,ARSENAL WEST HAM
OF WHICH THE BIGGEST CONTRIBUTERS WERE BERMONDSEY FROTHERHYTHE,AND DEPFORD MILLWALL FANS THERE WERE SEVERAL HUNDRED MILLWALL IN THE OIRIGUIONAL SHED ENDbut us infiltrates were just caught up in an amazing buzz

Poll: in last fifty years what was greatest ever atmosphere

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 20:22 - Apr 2 with 4856 viewsizlingtonhoop

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 18:29 - Apr 2 by francisbowles

Not saying it didn't happen, just that I don't remember any problems. I didn't go near the Ealing Road, so if it all kicked off there afterwards then I maybe wouldn't have known.

I have tried google but can only find http://www.brentfordfc.co.uk/news/article/tommy-higginson-rip-279451.aspx which is about Tommy Higginson RIP. It does mention the takeover attempt as 1967 and I still have the programme for his testimonial which was May 1969.

I was at Highbury in 1982 and Wembley for the replay, (couldn't get a ticket for the Saturday). Didn't see any trouble there either. I do remember being on the North Bank for a Uefa cup match though and the Arsenal turning up.

I was at the replay, in the upper tier, and it kicked off big time at the end in the lower, where we seemed to have the middle pens and they had one each side. They were pouring in.
the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 23:16 - Apr 2 with 4762 viewsmorgantwin

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 20:22 - Apr 2 by izlingtonhoop

I was at the replay, in the upper tier, and it kicked off big time at the end in the lower, where we seemed to have the middle pens and they had one each side. They were pouring in.

THE FA CUP WAS TOTAL CARNAGE BOTH TIMES,,TOTTENHAM GOT BADLEY CAUGHT OUT THE FIRST MATCH BUT HAD THERE REVENGE IN THE REPLAY
NEVER AGAIN WAS THE QPR HOOLIES EVER GOING TO FIELD THAT MANY HOOLIES
BY 1985 THE MOB WAS IN SERIOUS DEECLINE
hooliganism has been declineing ever since,as i predicted in 2006 it will virtually disapear with in the next ten years
your still going to get trouble between millwall and west ham or swansea v cardiff etc but quintercentually its an evolutionary process,its jjust like many fashions the skins brought this in, back in 1967 -68,but now with skinhesadism dead and gone 46 years later we are starting to realise,THE MOST PRECOUS GIFT IS TO BE NICE TO SOMEONE

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 23:26 - Apr 2 with 4756 viewsBrightonhoop

It's like watching evolution before my very eyes. And no I'm not taking the pish. Brilliant thread.
the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 23:46 - Apr 2 with 4741 viewsmorgantwin

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 23:26 - Apr 2 by Brightonhoop

It's like watching evolution before my very eyes. And no I'm not taking the pish. Brilliant thread.

thanks brighton thats nice of you to say that ,its because i dont want to be thought of as a violent person,i know i was back in the day,but i have realised that you only live once and you should,try to enjoy

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 03:49 - Apr 3 with 4684 viewsKendo_Nagasaki

The first game in 82 Totttingham had the better of the game and more fans there, but in the replay Spurs got scattered out of the bottom tier and they were always weary of us for years to come after that.Similar to Leeds back in the mid 80's, I saw their main firms get properly scattered by a Rangers mob that was at it's peak in terms of reputation and togetherness. Just before and a good few years after we got promoted in 83, We took on every firm in the country and came out on top pretty much....just ask Man U, Boro, Everton, Spurs, Leeds....

Psycho killer Qu'est-ce que c'est?

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 05:56 - Apr 3 with 4656 viewsvesps

Personally ,ive found this thread to be most fun and informative ,Morgantwin is obviously a man of great knowledge and wisdom
the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 08:09 - Apr 3 with 4608 viewsmorgantwin

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 05:56 - Apr 3 by vesps

Personally ,ive found this thread to be most fun and informative ,Morgantwin is obviously a man of great knowledge and wisdom

cheers vesps good of you to say,i think any memories are precous memories,the 82 cup final was for me,the greatest ever turn out of fans ever,it was better than the 66-67 final because back then
hooliganism wasnt even invented,but the 800 tottenham thugs who waited to meet the rangers got the vshock of there lifes
when confronted by 2000 rangers it was the shock of there life,but tottenham should have remeberd
that when qpr were in the old fashioned third division south,qpr fans shocked the welsh by taking 20 thousand fans to ninian park
that is an all time record 55 thousand for a third division game
then when qpr took 20 thousand to white hart lane in the old second division it made
a record 67 thousand fans which still stands today
so we have always had fanatical support,and in 1982 we shocked everyone,even me and im a qpr fan

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 08:31 - Apr 3 with 4588 viewsTacticalR

The Lavender Hill Mob are the core of my fantasy football hooligan team.

Air hostess clique

Login to get fewer ads

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 08:33 - Apr 3 with 4585 viewsBrianMcCarthy

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 08:31 - Apr 3 by TacticalR

The Lavender Hill Mob are the core of my fantasy football hooligan team.

They're Eiffel-y hard.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 08:39 - Apr 3 with 4580 viewsfacto

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 08:33 - Apr 3 by BrianMcCarthy

They're Eiffel-y hard.

we are the ted preservation society....we are the ted preservation society....
the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 08:42 - Apr 3 with 4546 viewsfacto

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 15:31 - Mar 31 by Konk

I was thinking more Grange Hill blended with a 1980's football hooligan episode from the Bill or Casualty...but your idea sounds better. We're gonna need a sh it load of extras.

dunno what the panic is all about.....forget charlie....we have a fully fit bobby zee
the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 10:51 - Apr 3 with 4472 viewsmorgantwin

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 08:42 - Apr 3 by facto

dunno what the panic is all about.....forget charlie....we have a fully fit bobby zee

well if charlie austin is on the bench next match,im going to run of and marry discoroid

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 11:00 - Apr 3 with 4462 viewsJuzzie

I do remember going to Ipswich in midweek with my brother in the late 80's (an FA Cup replay I think) and it kicked off before the game in Ipswich's own 'chicken run'. The QPR fans got kicked out by the police then I noticed a guy near me I used to work with and he was Chelsea. So I went up to him and asked what he was doing here. He said that it was both QPR and Chelsea in there but the police only were looking for QPR, the Chelsea lads were still there and it kicked off again at half time I think and definately after the game. Basically we both battered Ipswich. Getting back to the train station was like running the gauntlet.

[Post edited 3 Apr 2014 11:16]
the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 11:13 - Apr 3 with 4437 viewspaulparker

Always used to go off with Forest in the eighties
I do recall a very lively scrap in the ER the night of the milk cup game (floodlights going out)
also Luton home & away in the eighties was in the words of danny dyer pwopa naughty,
I think Middlesbrough came unstuck one year on the Uxbridge road as well
other than that the only other time ive seen any aggro has been with Cardiff, stoke & Swansea when we were in league 1

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 12:20 - Apr 3 with 4387 viewsBrightonhoop

Well I hope you are rewarded with seeing QPR at Wembley as your Father hoped for before you. Always good to see fellas outgrowing a violent past.
the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 13:09 - Apr 3 with 4352 viewsBrianMcCarthy

This thread has taken a turn towards reality rather than the surreality that I was enjoying so much.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 13:15 - Apr 3 with 4347 viewsPommyhoop

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 12:20 - Apr 3 by Brightonhoop

Well I hope you are rewarded with seeing QPR at Wembley as your Father hoped for before you. Always good to see fellas outgrowing a violent past.

plus

Violence is History....

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 13:33 - Apr 3 with 4326 viewsDiscodroid

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 13:15 - Apr 3 by Pommyhoop

plus

Violence is History....

whenever i come across these 'casual ' books depending upon who wrote it..every firm comes across as the bastard love child of a terminator t-1000( in arnie accent) and a hive of dreadlocked predators..they never, ever lose!!!!

even those lovable rouges from west ham and millwall have been challanged at dawn, with a crisp white glove around the chops, and have been found wanting on occasion.

from what i can remember , dont we have a sawn off hoolie called 'greg' and a lanky bloke called 'black andy'..

ahh !!!where would we be without these terrace pugilists , kicking seven shades out of each other whilst resplendant in arnold palmer and lee trevino golfing attaire!!

'these sawdust ceasers'
@ brighton magistrate on hearing of the mods and rockers battle of '64.
[Post edited 3 Apr 2014 13:40]

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 14:08 - Apr 3 with 4284 viewsPommyhoop

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 13:33 - Apr 3 by Discodroid

whenever i come across these 'casual ' books depending upon who wrote it..every firm comes across as the bastard love child of a terminator t-1000( in arnie accent) and a hive of dreadlocked predators..they never, ever lose!!!!

even those lovable rouges from west ham and millwall have been challanged at dawn, with a crisp white glove around the chops, and have been found wanting on occasion.

from what i can remember , dont we have a sawn off hoolie called 'greg' and a lanky bloke called 'black andy'..

ahh !!!where would we be without these terrace pugilists , kicking seven shades out of each other whilst resplendant in arnold palmer and lee trevino golfing attaire!!

'these sawdust ceasers'
@ brighton magistrate on hearing of the mods and rockers battle of '64.
[Post edited 3 Apr 2014 13:40]

Even his barnet was a bit casual...

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 14:19 - Apr 3 with 4265 viewsfacto

can i suggest to those of you who have an interest in the darker side of football violence the almost pullitzer prize winning...'the rowdies'.....those 'itk' will know how to get hold of a copy of this legendary epic!
the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 14:21 - Apr 3 with 4261 viewsPommyhoop

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 14:24 - Apr 3 with 4255 viewsfacto

the babysquad favoured that look!
the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 14:55 - Apr 3 with 4214 viewsPommyhoop

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 15:19 - Apr 3 with 4186 viewsDiscodroid

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 14:55 - Apr 3 by Pommyhoop

didnt those high spirted scamps from the valleys the 'soul patrol' turn over a burger van with a couple of old girl inside at loftus road inside a good few years ago..???

i wonder if they got a purple heart for their heroic efforts?...got caught up with a load of these 'game lads' once at leyton orient..they were in the boozer, bombing speed in their pint and snorting copious mountains of the 'man from peru' to go to leyton orient !!and the legion of arthur fowler types...

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 15:42 - Apr 3 with 4260 viewspaulparker

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 15:19 - Apr 3 by Discodroid

didnt those high spirted scamps from the valleys the 'soul patrol' turn over a burger van with a couple of old girl inside at loftus road inside a good few years ago..???

i wonder if they got a purple heart for their heroic efforts?...got caught up with a load of these 'game lads' once at leyton orient..they were in the boozer, bombing speed in their pint and snorting copious mountains of the 'man from peru' to go to leyton orient !!and the legion of arthur fowler types...

coming on top for Arthur Fowler,
the other firm was using tools

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024