Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season 12:34 - Mar 31 with 59483 viewsmorgantwin

many of you youngsters dont know the history of why qpt fans hate fulham so much so i thought i would run through the historical background of the loft
first you must go back to the film called roar
it was all about the world cup and featured ritual chanting for the first time,in 66-67 skinheadism had reached fever pitch but there was no real iconic place to go
SO THE MIGHTY SHED END WAS FORMED BOASTING AN INCREDIBLE 5000 SKINS,PEOPLE LIKE ME WERE BOTH CHELSEA AND QPR FANS I WENT TO BOTH TEAMS
BUT WHERE AS CHELSEA WERE A PASSION QPR WAS MY RELIGION,SO THERE COULD BE NO
DOUBT WHERE I WAS REALLY GOING TO END UP
STRANGLEY THERE WERE many MILLWALL IN THAT SHED END.SO IT WAS MADE UP OF 2000 SKINS WHO SUPPORTED KNOWBODY
2000 CHELSEA SKINS
AND ONE THOUSAND MADE FROM QPR,MILLWALL TOTTENHAM ,ARSENAL WEST HAM
OF WHICH THE BIGGEST CONTRIBUTERS WERE BERMONDSEY FROTHERHYTHE,AND DEPFORD MILLWALL FANS THERE WERE SEVERAL HUNDRED MILLWALL IN THE OIRIGUIONAL SHED ENDbut us infiltrates were just caught up in an amazing buzz

Poll: in last fifty years what was greatest ever atmosphere

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 00:13 - Apr 4 with 6146 viewsmorgantwin

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 15:42 - Apr 3 by paulparker

coming on top for Arthur Fowler,
the other firm was using tools

one legendary battle i didnt take part or witness was when qprt went down the canels
and helped brentford out,i have no idea what match it was but it involved about tyree hundred and took place in the mid seventies
but one of the strangest sights ive ever seen was at barnet away,we all turned up about three hundrdd strong we thought we would have a few jars of drink in a local pub and a
an enjoyable day out
but unknown to us a top millwall boy lived in barnet,and you guessed it we got ambushed
it was a bit daunting you couldnt watch the game because they had took bricks into the
ground and kept lobbing them ,several rangers fans got hit and had there heads split open
millwall had underestimated the strength of qpr and only had about one hundred
and by the barnet station they certainly must have wished they hadnt came to that game
outnumberd three to one they got well and trully turned over
but most games that i have attended over the last 55 seasons have been peacefull and fulll of love,
LETS INCREASE THE LOVE AND ALL WEAR TEE SHIRTS JUST SAYING .............LOVE

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 07:30 - Apr 4 with 6104 viewsPommyhoop

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 15:19 - Apr 3 by Discodroid

didnt those high spirted scamps from the valleys the 'soul patrol' turn over a burger van with a couple of old girl inside at loftus road inside a good few years ago..???

i wonder if they got a purple heart for their heroic efforts?...got caught up with a load of these 'game lads' once at leyton orient..they were in the boozer, bombing speed in their pint and snorting copious mountains of the 'man from peru' to go to leyton orient !!and the legion of arthur fowler types...

I think Ive confessed on here that I went to a fair few Brentford matches with my mates back in the day.( just for the craic and the piss up ,you know the score ).
Anyway they were playing Cardiff and a little mob of the Soul Boys infiltrated the Bricklayers way before kick off. One of the Brentford fellas had his Mrs with him and she was a Welsh lass. These pricks started giving her a hard time saying .How can you go with an English W"nker, stuff like that .The arrogance of the c'nts.They couldnt believe it when they got absolutely smashed to f@ck.. My mate got glassed in the kerfuffle (nothing too bad)
He ended up marrying the nurse who stitched him up.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 08:13 - Apr 4 with 6077 viewsDiscodroid

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 07:30 - Apr 4 by Pommyhoop

I think Ive confessed on here that I went to a fair few Brentford matches with my mates back in the day.( just for the craic and the piss up ,you know the score ).
Anyway they were playing Cardiff and a little mob of the Soul Boys infiltrated the Bricklayers way before kick off. One of the Brentford fellas had his Mrs with him and she was a Welsh lass. These pricks started giving her a hard time saying .How can you go with an English W"nker, stuff like that .The arrogance of the c'nts.They couldnt believe it when they got absolutely smashed to f@ck.. My mate got glassed in the kerfuffle (nothing too bad)
He ended up marrying the nurse who stitched him up.

straight out of a barbra cartland novel that pom....love crosses all boundries!!!.

i met my 2nd mrs over a candle light bottle of jiff amonia in canning town, when she was the enforcer of the canning town snipers......we would sometimes read poetry in the park or take a trip on a gondola after maiming rivals with a machete....halcyon days....

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 08:20 - Apr 4 with 6074 viewstimcocking

"When the loan window opens, can we loan Morgan Twin/Dexter for England/Flying Cow back to WATRB, so we can be spared this drivel?"

If you don't want to read Morgan's posts, don't read them. I enjoy them :-)
[Post edited 4 Apr 2014 8:22]
the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 08:26 - Apr 4 with 6062 viewsPommyhoop

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 08:13 - Apr 4 by Discodroid

straight out of a barbra cartland novel that pom....love crosses all boundries!!!.

i met my 2nd mrs over a candle light bottle of jiff amonia in canning town, when she was the enforcer of the canning town snipers......we would sometimes read poetry in the park or take a trip on a gondola after maiming rivals with a machete....halcyon days....

Shame on you Disco for letting her go.
She sounds a right sort..

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 08:34 - Apr 4 with 6058 viewsPommyhoop

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 08:20 - Apr 4 by timcocking

"When the loan window opens, can we loan Morgan Twin/Dexter for England/Flying Cow back to WATRB, so we can be spared this drivel?"

If you don't want to read Morgan's posts, don't read them. I enjoy them :-)
[Post edited 4 Apr 2014 8:22]

Bang on Tim .
I know who I'm voting for poster of the year.
Morgan mate,if I ever make it back to the shores of the Motherland I'm going to rip the Disco kid from your embrace and give you a big cuddle..

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 09:21 - Apr 4 with 6027 viewsdaveinmelbourne

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 08:34 - Apr 4 by Pommyhoop

Bang on Tim .
I know who I'm voting for poster of the year.
Morgan mate,if I ever make it back to the shores of the Motherland I'm going to rip the Disco kid from your embrace and give you a big cuddle..

Same here mate, great thread!
the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 15:05 - Apr 4 with 5935 viewsmorgantwin

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 09:21 - Apr 4 by daveinmelbourne

Same here mate, great thread!

well iom not sure whether yiou are enjoying my rathyer amureture workmanship or rubbing your hands with delight,aftyer pm ing northern ranger saying

ban him but i hope you dont ban me i know im not very bright,but i still love my rangers i dream of them every night

roger morgan is always going down the left wing,and he always pus over a cross and my all time greatest hero rodney marsh has his back to the goal
and le leaps so hight six foot of the ground to score an amazing goal,and you know what it dosnt matter how many bad things that happen in my life i can still keep my dreams

Login to get fewer ads

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 15:13 - Apr 4 with 5923 viewsMytch_QPR

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 15:05 - Apr 4 by morgantwin

well iom not sure whether yiou are enjoying my rathyer amureture workmanship or rubbing your hands with delight,aftyer pm ing northern ranger saying

ban him but i hope you dont ban me i know im not very bright,but i still love my rangers i dream of them every night

roger morgan is always going down the left wing,and he always pus over a cross and my all time greatest hero rodney marsh has his back to the goal
and le leaps so hight six foot of the ground to score an amazing goal,and you know what it dosnt matter how many bad things that happen in my life i can still keep my dreams

I think it's fair to say that most of us love you, Morgantwin - but it's an open forum and everyone's entitled to their view.
What you lack in the spelling and punctuation department, you more than make up for with your enthusiasm.

I also think your Wembley dream may well come to fruition - and it could end the season on a high note. I also think it's admirable that you are preaching love and peace these days, rather than having a rumble in some dodgy boozer. This forum has its fair share of cynicism - keep on dreaming and let's hope the Rs can live the dream!

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 15:14 - Apr 4 with 5920 viewsTacticalR

'You gotta have a dream, if you don't have a dream,
How you gonna have a dream come true?'

Air hostess clique

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 15:16 - Apr 4 with 5911 viewsMytch_QPR

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 15:14 - Apr 4 by TacticalR

'You gotta have a dream, if you don't have a dream,
How you gonna have a dream come true?'

MT has been dreaming a lot recently - does he eat cheese last thing at night? - if so, what cheese is MT munching in the small hours - and can we have some, please????

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 15:32 - Apr 4 with 5895 viewsmorgantwin

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 15:16 - Apr 4 by Mytch_QPR

MT has been dreaming a lot recently - does he eat cheese last thing at night? - if so, what cheese is MT munching in the small hours - and can we have some, please????

wow wow wow qpr winning 4-0 at the new wembley,and charlie scoring a hatric
ive always said if qpr get to wembley im going to write trev kinghams name on the wall of wembley only in a black felt tip pen

if a die before we get there promise me lads you will write beautifull trevs name on the wall

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 15:51 - Apr 12 with 5726 viewsmorgantwin

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 15:32 - Apr 4 by morgantwin

wow wow wow qpr winning 4-0 at the new wembley,and charlie scoring a hatric
ive always said if qpr get to wembley im going to write trev kinghams name on the wall of wembley only in a black felt tip pen

if a die before we get there promise me lads you will write beautifull trevs name on the wall

After the terrible experience of being the whipping boys of the old top flight we settled in the next division below
the goals of bridges clark and marsh made us a very convincing outfit,but ultimately people thought we would fizzle out
a short bald headedman who couldnt read or write had differant ideas he was creating a youth development system which would unload players of the calibre of gerry francis a player who would eventually captain england
when jim gregory saw a player who played for carlise called bowles he knew he could sell masrsh and buy both givens and bowles
a freak injury to martin busby
wass to set the way for a fantastic purchase of dave thomas from burnley,all of a sudden there we were with a team full of brilliant youngsters,in cluding parkes ,clement ,gillard, francis, bowles, givens
never again in our history would we have these sort of players at our disposal,gordon jago was given lots of credit but it was gregory who used to see a player and then demand that he be bought,aas both marsh and bowles were gregory finds
so as we got back to the top flight i remember going to poor old chelsea and we destroyed them 3-1 at there place it was qpr back in the top flight where we remaioned for another four years
the loft over those eight years ,changed from wearing levi sta press to flares and tank tops, the leadership changed hands a few times,but by the time we had been relegated again from the top flight we were still not very well respected as fans

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 23:07 - Apr 12 with 5645 viewsdaveinmelbourne

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 15:05 - Apr 4 by morgantwin

Not at all fella, loving your work, I just think back to some of the scrapes I've been in Ted.
the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 12:59 - Apr 13 with 5542 viewsHarbour

Have not read alll the thread on this ... my memories of the loft go back to the early 70s standing in the loft aged 13..... does anyone know the origins of the songs? I remember the loft singing smellie smellie elly.... was this about the the qpr support in the Ellerslie RD stand? and if so why ...when I was 13 i thought they were singing about a partuclar fellow qpr fan...anyone know? also remember other songs like youll never take the loft only to be followed by the Millwall getting in there ....singing we only had to push.... also remember walking down SA road and seeng a lot of trouble before games...
the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 13:36 - Apr 14 with 5399 viewsmorgantwin

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 12:59 - Apr 13 by Harbour

Have not read alll the thread on this ... my memories of the loft go back to the early 70s standing in the loft aged 13..... does anyone know the origins of the songs? I remember the loft singing smellie smellie elly.... was this about the the qpr support in the Ellerslie RD stand? and if so why ...when I was 13 i thought they were singing about a partuclar fellow qpr fan...anyone know? also remember other songs like youll never take the loft only to be followed by the Millwall getting in there ....singing we only had to push.... also remember walking down SA road and seeng a lot of trouble before games...

yes smelly elly meant the ellerslie road gang they used to all wear expensive after shave and designer clothess,those were the days but now we come to the end of the loft because between 1978 -1982 the chelsea shed end who we had copied created gate 13,and put another threee hundred in the stand opposite,and of course had formulated the north stand back in 1973
this is the end of the thread for me really,i moved into the paddock,there i found love peace and happyness

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 14:34 - Apr 14 with 5371 viewsTheBlob

Always stood on the SAR terracing rather than the Loft,wasn't sure whether Acne was contagious.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 17:16 - Apr 14 with 5328 viewsmorgantwin

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 14:34 - Apr 14 by TheBlob

Always stood on the SAR terracing rather than the Loft,wasn't sure whether Acne was contagious.

YEAH THE SA TERRACE WERE THE ORIGIONAL LOFT BOYS THEY HAD A DRUM A FAMILY FROM LADBROKE GROVE CALLED THE ORSMONDS WERE AMAZING FANS THERE SON WAS RICKY WHO WAS OUR VERY FIRST MASCOT NOW LIVES SOMEWHERE IN HERTSFORDSHIRE

but of course the drum didnt stand much of a chance in 1968-69,the orsmonds were not thugs they just loved qpr,ikt dissapeard in 1968-69 never to return but theree are rummours that down portobella road at night you can here ghostly drum beats,and the singing of...............R O D N E Y this was the great anthem that rung out around loftus road where terryfying people like the blob frequeted there worst enemies being the very well dressed ellerslie road gang,these were mostly teddy boys

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 19:10 - Apr 14 with 5270 viewsTheBlob

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 17:16 - Apr 14 by morgantwin

YEAH THE SA TERRACE WERE THE ORIGIONAL LOFT BOYS THEY HAD A DRUM A FAMILY FROM LADBROKE GROVE CALLED THE ORSMONDS WERE AMAZING FANS THERE SON WAS RICKY WHO WAS OUR VERY FIRST MASCOT NOW LIVES SOMEWHERE IN HERTSFORDSHIRE

but of course the drum didnt stand much of a chance in 1968-69,the orsmonds were not thugs they just loved qpr,ikt dissapeard in 1968-69 never to return but theree are rummours that down portobella road at night you can here ghostly drum beats,and the singing of...............R O D N E Y this was the great anthem that rung out around loftus road where terryfying people like the blob frequeted there worst enemies being the very well dressed ellerslie road gang,these were mostly teddy boys

Them drum boys had a bit of a relationship with Mark Lazarus - who always came to greet us on the SAR.That long drawn out ROOOOODDDDDNEEEEEE chant sent shivers down the spine.When you got 80,000 R's supporters doing that at Wembley the skin nearly lifted off yer bones.

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 19:38 - Apr 14 with 5251 viewsmorgantwin

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 19:10 - Apr 14 by TheBlob

Them drum boys had a bit of a relationship with Mark Lazarus - who always came to greet us on the SAR.That long drawn out ROOOOODDDDDNEEEEEE chant sent shivers down the spine.When you got 80,000 R's supporters doing that at Wembley the skin nearly lifted off yer bones.

yes blob i remember you very well ,that nutcase goochy was always shouting funny comments out,and as you say lazarus was the first king of loftus road my dear father who tragically died aged only 56 loved lazzer as he called him
do hyou remember the time lazarus an ex boxer knocked out the full back,he did have a most venimous punch did marlkl lazarus

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 19:45 - Apr 14 with 5247 viewsTheBlob

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 19:38 - Apr 14 by morgantwin

yes blob i remember you very well ,that nutcase goochy was always shouting funny comments out,and as you say lazarus was the first king of loftus road my dear father who tragically died aged only 56 loved lazzer as he called him
do hyou remember the time lazarus an ex boxer knocked out the full back,he did have a most venimous punch did marlkl lazarus

Sorry to hear about your dad,no age at all.Yeah I seem to remember something about a right hander.Good days and good banter,and nobody batted an eyelid when Blob got out the half bottle of Teachers.
Had to have something to wash down the Percy Daltons.

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 19:49 - Apr 14 with 5240 viewsmorgantwin

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 19:45 - Apr 14 by TheBlob

Sorry to hear about your dad,no age at all.Yeah I seem to remember something about a right hander.Good days and good banter,and nobody batted an eyelid when Blob got out the half bottle of Teachers.
Had to have something to wash down the Percy Daltons.

OL BLOB I LOVE YOU MAN,YOU MENTION THE PERCY DALTONS

who was that amazing bloke who used to walk around the ground

shouting...............ROASTED PEANUTS

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 19:58 - Apr 14 with 5228 viewsTheBlob

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 19:49 - Apr 14 by morgantwin

OL BLOB I LOVE YOU MAN,YOU MENTION THE PERCY DALTONS

who was that amazing bloke who used to walk around the ground

shouting...............ROASTED PEANUTS

With the white coat?He was a miserable bastard,I think that was the limit of his vocabulary.Some say he sold his soul to the devil and his eyes definitely glowed red in the night games.Some times you were ankle deep in the shells.And that geezer who brought round The Standard at half time....and it was actually to do with London clubs then.I liked it when there was 20,000 + some night games.More Teachers and no humpy stewards to ruin the atmos.

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 20:30 - Apr 14 with 5203 viewskensalriser

Top thread.

I had just about got my head around forgiving Fulham for Zesh Rehman and Callum Willock, but now I know about their double-crossing, back-stabbing antics with the Scum, I fckn hate them too.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 20:32 - Apr 14 with 5198 viewskensalriser

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 11:55 - Apr 1 by Pommyhoop

Is this the Ladbroke Grove skins during the Great Barber Shop Strike of 1969?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024