Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season 12:34 - Mar 31 with 59447 viewsmorgantwin

many of you youngsters dont know the history of why qpt fans hate fulham so much so i thought i would run through the historical background of the loft
first you must go back to the film called roar
it was all about the world cup and featured ritual chanting for the first time,in 66-67 skinheadism had reached fever pitch but there was no real iconic place to go
SO THE MIGHTY SHED END WAS FORMED BOASTING AN INCREDIBLE 5000 SKINS,PEOPLE LIKE ME WERE BOTH CHELSEA AND QPR FANS I WENT TO BOTH TEAMS
BUT WHERE AS CHELSEA WERE A PASSION QPR WAS MY RELIGION,SO THERE COULD BE NO
DOUBT WHERE I WAS REALLY GOING TO END UP
STRANGLEY THERE WERE many MILLWALL IN THAT SHED END.SO IT WAS MADE UP OF 2000 SKINS WHO SUPPORTED KNOWBODY
2000 CHELSEA SKINS
AND ONE THOUSAND MADE FROM QPR,MILLWALL TOTTENHAM ,ARSENAL WEST HAM
OF WHICH THE BIGGEST CONTRIBUTERS WERE BERMONDSEY FROTHERHYTHE,AND DEPFORD MILLWALL FANS THERE WERE SEVERAL HUNDRED MILLWALL IN THE OIRIGUIONAL SHED ENDbut us infiltrates were just caught up in an amazing buzz

Poll: in last fifty years what was greatest ever atmosphere

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 12:38 - Mar 31 with 10352 viewshoof_hearted

It's difficult to argue against national service sometimes.
the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 12:39 - Mar 31 with 10338 viewsMrSheen

Frotherhything at the mouth.
the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 12:40 - Mar 31 with 10324 viewsTacticalR

Who was it who said: 'If you can remember the 60s you weren't there?'
[Post edited 31 Mar 2014 12:41]

Air hostess clique

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 12:44 - Mar 31 with 10304 viewsmorgantwin

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 12:40 - Mar 31 by TacticalR

back to 66-67 there was not much natural hate between any of the teams,our only enemies were the rockers or greasers
they rode bikes as a pose to our scooters,and there average age is about 20 where as many skins were only 14 years of age

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 12:47 - Mar 31 with 10277 viewsTonto

but that does not explain why QPR fans hate Fulham nor any evolution of the loft, but seems to promote the use of caps lock, which we spent years trying to get Holloway to stop using.

And weren't skins just racist thigs with poor musical tastes?

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 12:50 - Mar 31 with 10255 viewsfrancisbowles

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 12:47 - Mar 31 by Tonto

but that does not explain why QPR fans hate Fulham nor any evolution of the loft, but seems to promote the use of caps lock, which we spent years trying to get Holloway to stop using.

+1 (what a terrible original post)
the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 12:56 - Mar 31 with 10233 viewsmorgantwin

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 12:47 - Mar 31 by Tonto

as i unlock the years you will under stand qprs hatred of fulham but back to 66-67 and of the five thousand chelsea skins one thousand were 14 year olds like myself who went school and couldnt see the problems that were going to explode in our faces
you see after the the 66-67 fa cup final a broken leg to a 18 year old peter osgood was going to tip the balance and tottenham won this meant the first league game after chelsea skins smashed up the tottenham pubs
so a retribution was being planed that knowbody but tottenham knew about,in a chelsea v charlton testimonial at the end of the season tottenham ambushed chelsea at london bridge station,it was total carnage and the chelsea fans were mostly 14 or 15 year olds
but the tottenham were all about 19 -21
before the qpr fans could get there breadth the chelsea had now targeted the mike keen testimonial to show there strength
and 15 hundred chelsea marched into the loft end,and took the end singing songs that were designed to humiliate the qpr
rangers were in shock,they had done nothing to chelsea indeed we all thought they were our friends

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 13:02 - Mar 31 with 10211 viewsNov77

I'm beginning to miss the threads about kitchens.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Login to get fewer ads

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 13:03 - Mar 31 with 10201 viewsmorgantwin

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 12:56 - Mar 31 by morgantwin

as i unlock the years you will under stand qprs hatred of fulham but back to 66-67 and of the five thousand chelsea skins one thousand were 14 year olds like myself who went school and couldnt see the problems that were going to explode in our faces
you see after the the 66-67 fa cup final a broken leg to a 18 year old peter osgood was going to tip the balance and tottenham won this meant the first league game after chelsea skins smashed up the tottenham pubs
so a retribution was being planed that knowbody but tottenham knew about,in a chelsea v charlton testimonial at the end of the season tottenham ambushed chelsea at london bridge station,it was total carnage and the chelsea fans were mostly 14 or 15 year olds
but the tottenham were all about 19 -21
before the qpr fans could get there breadth the chelsea had now targeted the mike keen testimonial to show there strength
and 15 hundred chelsea marched into the loft end,and took the end singing songs that were designed to humiliate the qpr
rangers were in shock,they had done nothing to chelsea indeed we all thought they were our friends

now the 68-69 season qpr fans now would never go to the shed end again,we felt humiliated,they had spat all over our clothes
they had laughed at us they had made it clear that when they came to our ground if we stood at the loft endbut our first game was against liecester and we hasd about 150 skins making us one of weakest fan bases in the top flight
but we did double in size in our first season

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 13:30 - Mar 31 with 10132 viewsfrancisbowles

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 13:03 - Mar 31 by morgantwin

now the 68-69 season qpr fans now would never go to the shed end again,we felt humiliated,they had spat all over our clothes
they had laughed at us they had made it clear that when they came to our ground if we stood at the loft endbut our first game was against liecester and we hasd about 150 skins making us one of weakest fan bases in the top flight
but we did double in size in our first season

sound like you are still 14/15
the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 13:50 - Mar 31 with 10088 viewsKonk

I think this has the potential to be a fantastic 10-part BBC drama. I’m hooked and I can’t wait to find out just why QPR fans hate Fulham so much. Without spoiling it, does it involve a girl?

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 14:04 - Mar 31 with 10046 viewsTheBlob

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 12:40 - Mar 31 by TacticalR

You did - I just heard you.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 14:07 - Mar 31 with 10038 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Evolution, indeed.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 14:11 - Mar 31 with 10032 viewsade_qpr

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 14:04 - Mar 31 by TheBlob

You did - I just heard you.

You sure!!!!!

Your first movie can out in 58 and the sequel in 72.

What happened to you in between

If a turtle doesn't have a shell, is he homeless or naked?

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 14:17 - Mar 31 with 10009 viewsJuzzie

I'm no youngster and I don't care what the reasons are, I could never go and watch Chelsea like that.

As for sayimng 'Chelsea were a passion...." that's a disgarce. Sorry, it really is.
the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 14:20 - Mar 31 with 9989 viewsTheBlob

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 14:11 - Mar 31 by ade_qpr

You sure!!!!!

Your first movie can out in 58 and the sequel in 72.

What happened to you in between

The blissful sleep of the innocent .

I hated those spotty little skins.Very brave in crowds of 10 or more but when you confronted a couple of them on the train home they went all soppy and girly.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 14:23 - Mar 31 with 9977 viewsTHEBUSH

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 13:50 - Mar 31 by Konk

I think this has the potential to be a fantastic 10-part BBC drama. I’m hooked and I can’t wait to find out just why QPR fans hate Fulham so much. Without spoiling it, does it involve a girl?

I'm a QPR fan and I don't hate Fulham (no there's no catch.)

When QPR were in the 3rd Division, me and some mates used to go and watch Fulham's stars, Johnny Haynes, Tony Macedo, George Cohen, etc..

Don't remember any hatred in those times !!
the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 14:29 - Mar 31 with 9960 viewskingsburyR

Was the dislike of Fulham explained?

It went straight over my head (not hard at 5'8")

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 14:33 - Mar 31 with 9952 viewsRs_Holy

Hate chelsea with a passion! (Also dont like cardiff, and reading).

Couldn't care less about fulham or brentford for that matter.
the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 14:34 - Mar 31 with 9946 viewsKonk

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 14:23 - Mar 31 by THEBUSH

I'm a QPR fan and I don't hate Fulham (no there's no catch.)

When QPR were in the 3rd Division, me and some mates used to go and watch Fulham's stars, Johnny Haynes, Tony Macedo, George Cohen, etc..

Don't remember any hatred in those times !!

That was before the evolution of the Loft though - as we'll see later in the series. Instinct tells me it probably stems from a stolen motorbike or a fight over a girl at the Hammersmith Palais.

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 14:34 - Mar 31 with 9943 viewsbatmanhoop

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 14:43 - Mar 31 with 9917 viewsElHoop

when I google images of 2000 skins, I get pictures of things that look like car radios. Why's that? Are 2000 skins the new kitchens?
the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 15:25 - Mar 31 with 9828 viewsTacticalR

Yes! I am thinking a London-based 'Game of Terraces' with fantasy football hooligans constantly switching allegiances as they sail from one battle to the next.

Air hostess clique

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 15:29 - Mar 31 with 9819 viewsKonk

FFS, this is worse that transfer deadline day — when’s the next instalment coming out?! I’m going home now and will have to wait until the morning to find out what happened.

Right, I’m running a book on why QPR fans hate Fulham so much:

2/1 — Fight over a girl at the Palais
3/1 — Fulham fan stealing Triumph motorbike from Rangers fan living on the Peabody
6/1 — Tommy Trinder referring to QPR as ‘Quarter Pound of Rubbish’ during a recording of Live at the Palladium
7/1 — Zesh Rehman

Personally I’m lumping on the girl/Palais scenario.

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 15:31 - Mar 31 with 9815 viewsKonk

the evolution of the loft 1967-68 season on 15:25 - Mar 31 by TacticalR

Yes! I am thinking a London-based 'Game of Terraces' with fantasy football hooligans constantly switching allegiances as they sail from one battle to the next.

I was thinking more Grange Hill blended with a 1980's football hooligan episode from the Bill or Casualty...but your idea sounds better. We're gonna need a sh it load of extras.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024