Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP 07:01 - Apr 4 with 2042380 viewsLblock

Here I am starting this from my recovery bed and no clue how to link tunes on an iPhone!

Will stick on my offerings from a PC later unless the other knuckles thread is the preference to use?

House classics and dancey dazzlers only, no hijacking from suicide rock please!

In the beginning there was jack.......

Been meaning to update for years.
Can only be one.......

[Post edited 9 Jul 2020 11:28]

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 09:51 - Apr 4 with 18532 viewsOutWestR

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 09:43 - Apr 4 by Discodroid

that is one naughty track....goes for a few quid as well, as do most of the tunes on this thread...for those that remember these two acid track change hands for a few quid as well...

this used to scare the shit ouut of me on a big rig..

and another more mellow house classic salsa house .. LOVE .IT.

I CAN SEE PARKER WITH A PINT OF STELLA ON HIS HEAD DANCING TO THAT LAST ONE.
[Post edited 4 Apr 2014 9:46]

There was also a mix of that Richie Rich track, using the 'You used to love me' vocal from the old Ralphie Rosario track.

But for me, I like what Beltram did with it on this corker ...

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 09:53 - Apr 4 with 18521 viewsDiscodroid

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 09:44 - Apr 4 by Pommyhoop

Something will come along Disco. Remember our Mums and Dads going on about the 60's ..
Well I think we comfortably booted that one into touch...Its evolution ,but it will have to be f"cking good to beat what we had...

I know..its like that scene in quadrophenia...where jimmys dad is having a go at him watching ready steady go..."sopping wet jeans and there miming!!.

my dad going on about being an 'ace face' and hoe he shagged julie driscoll and stephine dysykes and when he sold bi carb to dave dee dozy beak mick and titch when hes pissed...nothing changes..

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 09:53 - Apr 4 with 18523 viewsOutWestR

And for the sample obsessives, here's the other vocal from the Beltram tune ...

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 09:55 - Apr 4 with 18515 viewsLblock

Well.... can you?

Feel it that is...

Had to get up outta of my sick bed to participate proper like
Used to love the above track when Jumping Jack Frost ALWAYS started his sets with it.

Frankie was a big force behind TRAX records, a good old label

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 09:56 - Apr 4 with 18511 viewsDiscodroid

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 09:47 - Apr 4 by paulparker

very underrated track, but always needs a blast once the sun comes out

Blimey I could get on it Now !!!!

nice..

ave this one back parker...'15 all'

one big hug club.....well done lads!!!!!!!.

Don't give up and don't give in, although it seems you never win
You will always pass the test as long as you keep your head to the sky
You can win as long as you keep your head to the sky
Be optimistic

Be optimistic
Be optimistic

"no matter how hard reality seems"

thanks frankie....... it started with you...
xx
[Post edited 4 Apr 2014 10:03]

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 09:57 - Apr 4 with 18514 viewsPommyhoop

OY CLIVE !!!
Is there a thread of the year contest???
Look no further .Stop the ballot ,its all sorted..

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 10:00 - Apr 4 with 18508 viewsOutWestR

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 09:55 - Apr 4 by Lblock

Well.... can you?

Feel it that is...

Had to get up outta of my sick bed to participate proper like
Used to love the above track when Jumping Jack Frost ALWAYS started his sets with it.

Frankie was a big force behind TRAX records, a good old label

Lblock as much as I love the old Trax stuff, by all accounts it was a dodgy label. Aside from producing records on poor quality vinyl, a lot of the artists never got paid and there were plenty of shady goings on with the label owner.

Legend has it Frankie wouldn't autograph any of his tunes on the Trax label.
The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 10:04 - Apr 4 with 18499 viewspaulparker

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 09:56 - Apr 4 by Discodroid

nice..

ave this one back parker...'15 all'

one big hug club.....well done lads!!!!!!!.

Don't give up and don't give in, although it seems you never win
You will always pass the test as long as you keep your head to the sky
Be optimistic

Be optimistic
Be optimistic

"no matter how hard reality seems"

thanks frankie....... it started with you...
xx
[Post edited 4 Apr 2014 10:03]

HA HA HA

Disco me old china I was just about to post that same track !!!!!
that was always the Post Puff Come down at around 6am in the morning
f ucking great track

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Login to get fewer ads

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 10:08 - Apr 4 with 18498 viewsW14Hoop

Mr Fingers is in the house

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 10:09 - Apr 4 with 18494 viewsngbqpr

When I was at Mixmag 'our friends in the north' used to send us down tapes of the 808 State pirate radio show - read this to yourself in a Bez accent:

"This one goes out to the Salford posse...and the message is: "keep buzzin"...and what a top message that is!"

To be fair Mcr was on it early - I remember Mike Pickering playing at the opening of Trip at the Astoria and starting a north / south feud by saying "I don't know what all the fuss is about we've had this at the Hac for years!" - Mind you he could back his words up with this latino house monster that wipes the floor with anything he did with the bland M People

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 10:09 - Apr 4 with 18493 viewsCroydonCaptJack

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 09:43 - Apr 4 by Discodroid

that is one naughty track....goes for a few quid as well, as do most of the tunes on this thread...for those that remember these two acid track change hands for a few quid as well...

this used to scare the shit ouut of me on a big rig..

and another more mellow house classic salsa house .. LOVE .IT.

I CAN SEE PARKER WITH A PINT OF STELLA ON HIS HEAD DANCING TO THAT LAST ONE.
[Post edited 4 Apr 2014 9:46]

Where's you child is truly scary I agree.

Adonis was out around the same time I think.

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 10:09 - Apr 4 with 18492 viewsPommyhoop

I know my old mate Kev would be embarresed to be mentioned on a thread dedicated to The God Father but I also know he will be wll chuffed if I did cos he loved the man ... Who didnt..
GO ON KEV MY SON !!!

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 10:13 - Apr 4 with 18489 viewsCroydonCaptJack

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 10:08 - Apr 4 by W14Hoop

Mr Fingers is in the house

Oh yes, Mr Fingers.

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 10:20 - Apr 4 with 18477 viewsDiscodroid

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 10:09 - Apr 4 by ngbqpr

When I was at Mixmag 'our friends in the north' used to send us down tapes of the 808 State pirate radio show - read this to yourself in a Bez accent:

"This one goes out to the Salford posse...and the message is: "keep buzzin"...and what a top message that is!"

To be fair Mcr was on it early - I remember Mike Pickering playing at the opening of Trip at the Astoria and starting a north / south feud by saying "I don't know what all the fuss is about we've had this at the Hac for years!" - Mind you he could back his words up with this latino house monster that wipes the floor with anything he did with the bland M People

hahahahahahaha i cant breatheim dying!!!!hahaha brilliant bez quote...

i gotta get back to work...

i'll be your friend lads....qpr and house/dance..you aint a bad bunch really...later.
[Post edited 4 Apr 2014 10:35]

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 10:30 - Apr 4 with 18468 viewsngbqpr

Allow me to throw in an Italian curve ball - brilliant weirdness from the mighty UMM label

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 10:37 - Apr 4 with 14754 viewsW14Hoop

Top tunes on here fellas.

Get your fingers tapping on the desk, drummer stylee to this

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 10:41 - Apr 4 with 14750 viewspaulparker

Forgotten tune but one that used to cause a stampede when played

and a bit of Todd

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 10:44 - Apr 4 with 14746 viewsngbqpr

A couple of sterling efforts from when the UK scene really started to produce classics:

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 10:46 - Apr 4 with 14739 viewsngbqpr

...and back to the Godfather...when Frankie met Michael....mellowwww

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 10:49 - Apr 4 with 14738 viewsPommyhoop

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 10:46 - Apr 4 by ngbqpr

...and back to the Godfather...when Frankie met Michael....mellowwww

And Lisa..
I had a serious thing for Lisa back then..
Made my bird cut her hair and talk in a Corronation Street accent..

[Post edited 4 Apr 2014 10:50]

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 10:52 - Apr 4 with 14733 viewsCroydonCaptJack

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 10:41 - Apr 4 by paulparker

Forgotten tune but one that used to cause a stampede when played

and a bit of Todd

I popped Orange Lemon on here earlier Paul (yet another Todd Terry pseudonym) and that Mark Kamins track is a cracker.

Loving this thread.
The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 10:54 - Apr 4 with 14731 viewsLblock

Couple of good fairly recent sets from the great man.
Try to ignore the Sloth at the start of the NYE set - annoying!

The man wasted on the Yanks

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 10:56 - Apr 4 with 14729 viewsPommyhoop

I just had an 'old man rush'.
I opend the fridge and saw only 3 guiness extra stout bottles..
THought WTF? I opened the freezer and YES lo and behold a freezing bottle of guiness.
What a rush..!!!

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 11:01 - Apr 4 with 14723 viewsngbqpr

and a touching tribute from his Def Mix partner in crime

https://soundcloud.com/davidmorales/david-morales-tribute-to

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 11:05 - Apr 4 with 14718 viewswestberksr

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 10:49 - Apr 4 by Pommyhoop

And Lisa..
I had a serious thing for Lisa back then..
Made my bird cut her hair and talk in a Corronation Street accent..

[Post edited 4 Apr 2014 10:50]

a mate did some production for her back in the day and said she is great fun; foul mouthed, big drinking northern bird!

Optimistic one of my all time top 5, got me through a divorce almost single handed; saw them at Jazz Cafe a couple of years ago.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024