Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP 07:01 - Apr 4 with 2017036 viewsLblock

Here I am starting this from my recovery bed and no clue how to link tunes on an iPhone!

Will stick on my offerings from a PC later unless the other knuckles thread is the preference to use?

House classics and dancey dazzlers only, no hijacking from suicide rock please!

In the beginning there was jack.......

Been meaning to update for years.
Can only be one.......

[Post edited 9 Jul 2020 11:28]

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 21:45 - May 19 with 6980 viewsLblock

Camden Palace Posse make some fcukin noise...

Feel It.
On.
It.

C'MON U R's!!!!!

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 22:00 - May 19 with 6970 viewsLblock

Sir Charlie Austin -- this one is for you fella.

C'MON U R's!!!!!

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 22:10 - May 19 with 6966 viewsLblock

And with this I leave you...

Love the RR orginal and the funky dread beat added by these Brizzle boys was a class addition --- I certainly am wishing on a dream

Good night...

C'MON U R's!!!!!

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 23:02 - May 19 with 6958 viewsPunteR

I've just added all the minutes up of all the tunes put on the Frankie Fred, and if we play all the tunes back to back from now it will take us right up to 3pm Saturday kick off.
And that's a scientific fact!!

[Post edited 19 May 2014 23:14]

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 00:04 - May 20 with 6945 viewsBrixtonR

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 21:45 - May 19 by Lblock

Camden Palace Posse make some fcukin noise...

Feel It.
On.
It.

C'MON U R's!!!!!

Bloody hell excellent forgot about that one.....

Made me think of this for some reason

and this

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 00:10 - May 20 with 6945 viewsBrixtonR

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 09:12 - May 19 by paulparker

Morning boys !! loving how we are slowing down the tempo some what

Dina Carroll, & Lisa Mmmmmmmmmm

Nice one mate, I was walking to work this morning thinking there hadn't been any Soul to Soul yet and especially Keep on Moving. Can't believe that's 25 years ago.....

Fair play to everyone whose posted tunes on here....

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 07:24 - May 20 with 6932 viewsLblock

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 00:04 - May 20 by BrixtonR

Bloody hell excellent forgot about that one.....

Made me think of this for some reason

and this

Ahhh that One Tribe tune pulls up some great memories

I thought Cola Boy was already up but now I stop and think it was Jimi Polo and Congress I think I posted.

Nice one's to kick off Day T minus 4 to Wembley!

C'MON U R's!!!!

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 07:33 - May 20 with 6927 viewsCroydonCaptJack

[Post edited 20 May 2014 10:45]
Login to get fewer ads

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 10:40 - May 20 with 6915 viewspaulparker

Some top tunes this morning boys !!
cant believe we are 21 pages in and these 2 beauty's haven't been added
good old Bizarre inc , they were like the martin peters of dance music, 10 years a head of their time

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 10:59 - May 20 with 6913 viewsCroydonCaptJack

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 10:40 - May 20 by paulparker

Some top tunes this morning boys !!
cant believe we are 21 pages in and these 2 beauty's haven't been added
good old Bizarre inc , they were like the martin peters of dance music, 10 years a head of their time

I have just had to edit my post as I reposted Eric B rather than Felix Don't you want me as I intended.
The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 11:22 - May 20 with 6905 viewsLblock

Sorry for getting all over excited of late and sticking up tunes left right and centre!!
Cannot think why I've come over all rushed up.......

Just had to whack these two up.
Absolutely love these on a warm sunny evening - saw them do both of these at Living Dream Rave (I think) a good few haircuts ago. Cant be sure but I think they ended up being something to do with Spiral Tribe which was more my sisters bag as I preferred washing regular like!

(Better Mix of this out there somewhere which I have on vinyl)

C'MON U R's!!!!!

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 13:41 - May 20 with 6893 viewswestberksr

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 00:10 - May 20 by BrixtonR

Nice one mate, I was walking to work this morning thinking there hadn't been any Soul to Soul yet and especially Keep on Moving. Can't believe that's 25 years ago.....

Fair play to everyone whose posted tunes on here....

25th anniversary of Club Classics volume 1 this year, that makes me feel very old.

can still remember trying to get the 12" of Back To Life as the album version was acapella, great way to ensure the single flew out of the shops.

going to see them at the Love Supreme festival in July, De La Soul on too.

suitable tune to warm up with on Saturday, good addition with Qtip from ATCQ

and from North London's finest

loving the drift into 80's soul, have all this stuff on vinyl (altough most are covered i nthe ex's hairspray; waste of time telling to cover the records or spray that shit in the garden!
The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 13:59 - May 20 with 6886 viewswestberksr

1984 Herbie

and a club version of some of his earlier greatness

not sure if i've just spackman'd
The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 14:04 - May 20 with 6881 viewspaulparker

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 13:41 - May 20 by westberksr

25th anniversary of Club Classics volume 1 this year, that makes me feel very old.

can still remember trying to get the 12" of Back To Life as the album version was acapella, great way to ensure the single flew out of the shops.

going to see them at the Love Supreme festival in July, De La Soul on too.

suitable tune to warm up with on Saturday, good addition with Qtip from ATCQ

and from North London's finest

loving the drift into 80's soul, have all this stuff on vinyl (altough most are covered i nthe ex's hairspray; waste of time telling to cover the records or spray that shit in the garden!

Qtip & ATCQ you say

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 22:00 - May 21 with 6857 viewsLblock

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 14:04 - May 20 by paulparker

Qtip & ATCQ you say

And so the buzz builds...

Had confirmation from our pre-match venue that I can have control of the PA system subject to general acceptance and duty manager being fine. As there'll now be at least 63 of us in there I should be right but it wont be shaking bass bins, bit of background only.

So need to burn me a CD which will do Friday mid morning as not at work then.
Playlist goin to be almost exclusively from this thread but going to start mellow and build it.

My opening track (not up here and another tangent from Frankie but you know the apple):-

Just the next 23 tunes to decide on now

C'MON U R's!!!!
[Post edited 21 May 2014 22:02]

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 23:17 - May 21 with 6841 viewsCroydonCaptJack

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 22:00 - May 21 by Lblock

Had confirmation from our pre-match venue that I can have control of the PA system subject to general acceptance and duty manager being fine. As there'll now be at least 63 of us in there I should be right but it wont be shaking bass bins, bit of background only.

Playlist goin to be almost exclusively from this thread but going to start mellow and build it.

My opening track (not up here and another tangent from Frankie but you know the apple):-

C'MON U R's!!!!

Great tune lblock. Are you trying to steer us in a reggae direction?
The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 23:34 - May 21 with 6837 viewsCroydonCaptJack

I am not going to pretend I was listening to this stuff in 1978 because I was well into Punk and New Wave back then but hindsight is a wonderful thing and the great thing about music is you can go back and discover great tunes all the time.

The 12 inch of this is brilliant but I just love the footage of Hi Tension playing The British Hustle live here on this shorter video.

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 23:40 - May 21 with 6835 viewsBrixtonR

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 22:00 - May 21 by Lblock

C'MON U R's!!!!

Nice bit of soft Reggae, reminded me of Solar radio in the mid 80's. So hopefully a bit of Brazilian Jazz Fusion will be OK

This geezer ruled on that front.....

I bet picking the other 23 tunes is going to be bloody difficult but very enjoyable :-)

56 hours to go...........

U Rrrrrs
The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 00:45 - May 22 with 6826 viewsFredManRave

Just when you think it's winding down it comes right back at ya!

On this page alone there are 3 (of my) classics. BrixtonR rebought me Seven Ways To Love, CroydonCaptJack posted Don't You Want Me and Lblock topped the lot with his monster Perfect Motion.

I realise this post sounds rather gay but those on the inside understand.

I go home in two months and I'll be checking out my archives and I'm sure I'll find some more classics that aren't on here and I'm also pretty sure this thread will still be going then aswell.

And the OCD is likely to kick in again soon so I might get round to updating the list over the weekend unless somebody else has an updated copy...

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 07:34 - May 22 with 6813 viewsCroydonCaptJack

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 00:45 - May 22 by FredManRave

On this page alone there are 3 (of my) classics. BrixtonR rebought me Seven Ways To Love, CroydonCaptJack posted Don't You Want Me and Lblock topped the lot with his monster Perfect Motion.

I go home in two months and I'll be checking out my archives and I'm sure I'll find some more classics that aren't on here and I'm also pretty sure this thread will still be going then aswell.

And the OCD is likely to kick in again soon so I might get round to updating the list over the weekend unless somebody else has an updated copy...

It will be interesting to see if there are any doubles on the list then Fred! The thread is so long I can't remember if I am posting tunes previously on there any more!
[Post edited 22 May 2014 9:29]
The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 09:22 - May 22 with 6791 viewsBrixtonR

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 00:45 - May 22 by FredManRave

Nice one. It would be brilliant to see a list
The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 09:31 - May 22 with 6787 viewspaulparker

Seeing as we are still going, lets get back to the House & Frankie

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 10:46 - May 22 with 6772 viewsLblock

Back on the bouncing bass

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 11:11 - May 22 with 6769 viewsCroydonCaptJack

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 10:46 - May 22 by Lblock

Back on the bouncing bass

Kings of Tomorrow. Good call. Love that breakdown.

As for Joey Negro

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 11:26 - May 22 with 6764 viewspaulparker

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 11:11 - May 22 by CroydonCaptJack

Kings of Tomorrow. Good call. Love that breakdown.

As for Joey Negro

a bit over played these 2 bit still good tunes

and a classic CJ Mix

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024