Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP 07:01 - Apr 4 with 2037871 viewsLblock

Here I am starting this from my recovery bed and no clue how to link tunes on an iPhone!

Will stick on my offerings from a PC later unless the other knuckles thread is the preference to use?

House classics and dancey dazzlers only, no hijacking from suicide rock please!

In the beginning there was jack.......

Been meaning to update for years.
Can only be one.......

[Post edited 9 Jul 2020 11:28]

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 12:42 - Apr 4 with 9076 viewskensalriser

Back to the roots - FK's 1984 mix of a disco classic:

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 12:48 - Apr 4 with 9065 viewsR_from_afar

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 09:30 - Apr 4 by Discodroid

the daddy,,,

ON.IT

XXXX MY BROTHERS..

Good choices, the last two are two of my all time faves.

Now here's my burnt offering:
Classic track, I always find it uplifting:

Pulsating killer cut from a hugely underrated ensemble (amazing moment at 3.30 in...):

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 12:49 - Apr 4 with 9061 viewsTripper

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 12:52 - Apr 4 with 9058 viewskensalriser

Properly impressed with the knowledge being dropped here!

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 12:56 - Apr 4 with 9058 viewsLblock

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 12:42 - Apr 4 by kensalriser

Back to the roots - FK's 1984 mix of a disco classic:

MONSTER TRACK!

Allow me, if you will, a further piece of personnel indulgence........
Love this Dub Mix

And when the original cover was done I loved it. Those cheeky Sheffield scamps.
As a teen I did have a more than passing interest in Moira Lambert who is the doris in the video and singer.

Was it really that many years ago that I had hair, an Express Yourself long sleeve baggy t-shirt (ripped off Express Dairy logo), baggy jeans and a pair of wallabies on?
[Post edited 4 Apr 2014 12:58]

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 12:58 - Apr 4 with 8961 viewsTripper

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 12:59 - Apr 4 with 8961 viewsPommyhoop

Dont know whether this is cool or the right mix or whatever but I remember being in the place and it propper kicked ..Went on for ages I might be wrong but I'm sure he mixed in a bit of We are Family and The greatest dancer..
I was doing 'The Bump' with a bunch of good old Northern lasses down to the smoke..

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 13:00 - Apr 4 with 8956 viewsLblock

Message to DiscoDroid

Dave Stewart currently dropping that Hercules & Love Affair "Blind" track on PointBlank FM

I just dropped me bagel and spilt me afternoon peppermint tea old boy, what, what.

Login to get fewer ads

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 13:01 - Apr 4 with 8954 viewsTripper

[Post edited 4 Apr 2014 13:04]
The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 13:17 - Apr 4 with 8941 viewsCroydonCaptJack

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 13:01 - Apr 4 by Tripper

[Post edited 4 Apr 2014 13:04]

I used to love Blaze. Their first album was called 25 years later and was a tribute to Motown. I only ever owned it on cassette until a couple of years ago when I picked up the CD version on ebay.

Worth checking out for any lovers of Deep House.
The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 13:22 - Apr 4 with 8939 viewsCroydonCaptJack

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 12:02 - Apr 4 by westberksr

bit more Euro than my ususal, but great lyrics and the girls loved it

Billy Ray Martin - your loving arms

I am going to neatly link this back to the thread title as Knuckles did a brilliant remix of Talking with Myself

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 13:28 - Apr 4 with 8936 viewsCroydonCaptJack

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 10:09 - Apr 4 by ngbqpr

When I was at Mixmag 'our friends in the north' used to send us down tapes of the 808 State pirate radio show - read this to yourself in a Bez accent:

"This one goes out to the Salford posse...and the message is: "keep buzzin"...and what a top message that is!"

To be fair Mcr was on it early - I remember Mike Pickering playing at the opening of Trip at the Astoria and starting a north / south feud by saying "I don't know what all the fuss is about we've had this at the Hac for years!" - Mind you he could back his words up with this latino house monster that wipes the floor with anything he did with the bland M People

That was on that 'North' album that came out.
To be fair to the Hac they were into House a bit earlier than some of the London clubs but not by much.
The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 13:29 - Apr 4 with 8932 viewswestberksr

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 13:22 - Apr 4 by CroydonCaptJack

I am going to neatly link this back to the thread title as Knuckles did a brilliant remix of Talking with Myself

well played sir.

[Post edited 4 Apr 2014 13:30]
The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 13:37 - Apr 4 with 8927 viewsCroydonCaptJack

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 13:29 - Apr 4 by westberksr

well played sir.

[Post edited 4 Apr 2014 13:30]

Except I just spotted W14 beat me to it!!!

However, although I posted it on the other thread it needs to be on here as I think it is one of his best. This was the man himself under an alias.- Timeless.

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 13:40 - Apr 4 with 8926 viewswestberksr

Ultra Flava

Give Me Luv
The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 14:16 - Apr 4 with 8914 viewsDiscodroid

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 13:00 - Apr 4 by Lblock

Message to DiscoDroid

Dave Stewart currently dropping that Hercules & Love Affair "Blind" track on PointBlank FM

I just dropped me bagel and spilt me afternoon peppermint tea old boy, what, what.

worth putting up again..got that summer anthem feel like stardusts 'music sounds better with you'.,armand van heldon 'you dont know me' and to a lesser extent daft punks 'get lucky'..

hope it charts you never know..

Frankie Knuckles wrote:
... I didn't really realize what kind of void I left in house music when I stopped producing and remixing. In the late '90s when hard house, trance and techno took over, I was no longer inspired to make music. So I took my act on the road and thought that I would stay there until things got better. No one seemed interested in what I was doing as a producer. (Or so I thought.)
The further I got away from production, though, the more my health spiralled out of control. And, at that moment, Hercules & The Love Affair asked me to remix "Blind." They wanted "that classic Frankie Knuckles/DefMix" sound. I thought they must be kidding. No one was really playing anything remotely DefMix sounding. I passed on the remix, but they remained diligent. "I had to mix it" according to them. Then I took ill and thought, "OK, here's a way out." But the group said they'd wait until I was well. I didn't know how long that would be.
As soon as I got better and was ready to return to the road, they asked me again if I would remix it. At this point, they had waited six months, I had to do it. I pulled Eric Kupper in on programming, knocked out the mix and moved on. I was in Greece on tour when the record had been released. I didn't even know it was out there, but everyone was asking for it. I was blown away. Long story short, I have Hercules & The Love Affair to thank for getting me back to my first love. Correction, not my first love, my real love.

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 14:44 - Apr 4 with 8901 viewsCroydonCaptJack

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 14:51 - Apr 4 with 8888 viewsPommyhoop

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 08:21 - Apr 4 by ngbqpr

Impossibly, incomparably, wonderfully, dazzlingly uplifting

Nite nite house heeds...
Thx again ngbqpr for puting this up...
Made my year..
Made me cry ,but in a good way ...
Cheers...

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 14:53 - Apr 4 with 8885 viewspaulparker

its all gone a bit quiet the last hour or so with the tunes
us old has beens may have peaked a little early !!!

anyway something to chill to until the next rush !!!

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 14:56 - Apr 4 with 8883 viewsCroydonCaptJack

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 14:51 - Apr 4 by Pommyhoop

Nite nite house heeds...
Thx again ngbqpr for puting this up...
Made my year..
Made me cry ,but in a good way ...
Cheers...

Republics album The Garage Sound of Deepest New York had this on along with Turntable Orchestra AND Arnold Jarvis. Details here

http://www.discogs.com/Various-The-Garage-Sound-Of-Deepest-New-York/release/4932
[Post edited 4 Apr 2014 15:05]
The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 15:04 - Apr 4 with 8879 viewsCroydonCaptJack

I used to absolutely love this Acid track. It was from Paul Rutherford ex Frankie Goes to Hollywood.

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 15:08 - Apr 4 with 8874 viewsngbqpr

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 14:44 - Apr 4 by CroydonCaptJack

Croydon - monster!!!

I'm sad enough to remember where I bought lots of stuff - picked this up at what I guess was your local, Mi-Price

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 15:19 - Apr 4 with 8867 viewsngbqpr

Frankie was famous when he was younger for mixing up all sorts of different styles, and that spirit was alive & well in the summer of 88 in London - it wasn't all acid squelches and uplifting vocals - you could still hear tracks like these in peak time in the main room:

Remember Nicky Holloway giving a drunken speech at Trip trying to justify why he played this - he needn't have bothered it took the roof off. The Woodentops were classic shoe-gazing mid 80s indie til main man Rolo discovered house

As I lived in Brixton that summer, I alternated between Trip and Planet Love at The Fridge on Sats (Mark Moore & Ian B) - this was played there weekly long before the William Hill ad ;) - of course the sirens helped

Meanwhile this was a staple at Spectrum - least it was at a couple of the early ones I went to - then Oakenfold sold out IMHO - as the queue got longer every week, loads of music industry nerds were swanning in on the guest list, leaving some of us who'd been there when it was half empty stuck outside...but I'll still never forget hearing this down there:

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 15:24 - Apr 4 with 8861 viewsCroydonCaptJack

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 15:08 - Apr 4 by ngbqpr

Croydon - monster!!!

I'm sad enough to remember where I bought lots of stuff - picked this up at what I guess was your local, Mi-Price

I was often in there mate. It was Jazzy Ms shop. He used to own that shop and have a House show on LWR every Tuesday night.

Well done on remembering the name!!
The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 15:28 - Apr 4 with 8859 viewsCroydonCaptJack

This was another favourite.
It cleverly mixed Queens vocals with a Simple Mind riff and a House beat.

It is all coming back to me now. Sigh...

[Post edited 4 Apr 2014 15:29]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024