Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP 07:01 - Apr 4 with 2016985 viewsLblock

Here I am starting this from my recovery bed and no clue how to link tunes on an iPhone!

Will stick on my offerings from a PC later unless the other knuckles thread is the preference to use?

House classics and dancey dazzlers only, no hijacking from suicide rock please!

In the beginning there was jack.......

Been meaning to update for years.
Can only be one.......

[Post edited 9 Jul 2020 11:28]

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 15:00 - Mar 6 with 6988 viewsBrixtonR

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 10:35 - Mar 6 by Lblock

That was the first King Bee track that jumped into my brain but Back By Dope was the biggest one -- Jack Daniels in Gran Canaria 1991 it used to rip the roof off the gaff

Ha Ha Gran Canaria 1991 all my mates went and I missed out cos I was doing something else - still gutted. Wasn't The Tune of that summer Shades of Rythm - Sound of Eden ? Still one of my absolute favourites now.

I liked that sort of jangly sound of that King Bee kind of a simlar sound to Silver Bullet and this...

A bit of cross over Hip House

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 16:30 - Mar 6 with 6977 viewsLblock

Fast Eddie.... ages since I've heard that.

Sure this one has been up befor but talk of the Baleric Isles takes me to 1989 and Bananas in Tennergrief

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 20:37 - Mar 6 with 6960 viewsW13R

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 16:30 - Mar 6 by Lblock

Fast Eddie.... ages since I've heard that.

Sure this one has been up befor but talk of the Baleric Isles takes me to 1989 and Bananas in Tennergrief

LB, quality tune mate.
I think I was in Corfu when this was in its prime, the northerners didn't have a clue what all this Acid House business was about while the London kids were all loved up and shouting aciddddddddddddddd!
The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 20:47 - Mar 6 with 6951 viewsLblock

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 20:37 - Mar 6 by W13R

LB, quality tune mate.
I think I was in Corfu when this was in its prime, the northerners didn't have a clue what all this Acid House business was about while the London kids were all loved up and shouting aciddddddddddddddd!

Ahhhhh dont mate. I've had a swill of the old Chilean Sauviginon tonight with the missus away and all that and I'm getting all wistful for the younger days!!

I've still got my ex girlfriends brothers copy of this that he "leant" me

Youth wasted on the young

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 21:02 - Mar 6 with 6950 viewsW13R

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 20:47 - Mar 6 by Lblock

Ahhhhh dont mate. I've had a swill of the old Chilean Sauviginon tonight with the missus away and all that and I'm getting all wistful for the younger days!!

I've still got my ex girlfriends brothers copy of this that he "leant" me

Youth wasted on the young

You got me at now fella................... great times and great memories!

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 22:46 - Mar 6 with 6987 viewsLblock

BOOM!
What a classic - shirley not the first outing here after SIXTY PAGES?

Always married together with this one for me - a good old do in an abandoned house in Brentford

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 23:06 - Mar 6 with 6982 viewsLblock

To those that know.

And now to my benzine induced pit till the mists rise and Norf Lahdhan come a calling

[Post edited 6 Mar 2015 23:10]

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 01:28 - Mar 7 with 6968 viewsPunteR

Friday breakbeats

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Login to get fewer ads

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 04:19 - Mar 7 with 6962 viewsFredManRave

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 01:28 - Mar 7 by PunteR

Friday breakbeats

Following on from Naz aka Naz;

And I know these have been on here before but it's not like anyone's keeping a record! Thanks PunteR for transporting me back to Sterns in Worthing, THE best club I ever went to;
D.R.U.I.D. DRUID. Extacy! And the best after club, dancing in the car park until the sun came up..

[Post edited 7 Mar 2015 4:26]

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 09:32 - Mar 7 with 6941 viewsBrixtonR

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 21:02 - Mar 6 by W13R

You got me at now fella................... great times and great memories!

Amazing !!! The first time I've heard that since Centreforce was originally on. I managed to pick up Security by Beat Club on a John Digweed CD about 2005 but this was the tune :-) thanks mate
Almost definitely the first time It's been up on here I think. Totally with L Block that it goes in with Rock to the beat. Shame I can only mix in my head and not with the actual records !

Another couple of tunes from that time that kind of go together....

And well as it's a Frankie thread...

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 14:37 - Mar 7 with 6908 viewsbacardiinbrissie

Late comer to this thread but its a brilliant thread guys & girls
I used to post on anther one I thought was quite good, but this has taken the biscuit. Flicking through all previous pages but most of my top tracks have gone....may have to go back in time a little bit...Back to when it all began....

keep up the great work, Im off to dig through the record box....Kwality with a capital K
The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 14:40 - Mar 7 with 6907 viewsTheBlob

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 14:37 - Mar 7 by bacardiinbrissie

I used to post on anther one I thought was quite good, but this has taken the biscuit. Flicking through all previous pages but most of my top tracks have gone....may have to go back in time a little bit...Back to when it all began....

keep up the great work, Im off to dig through the record box....Kwality with a capital K

Oh god.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 11:39 - Mar 8 with 6884 viewsBrixtonR

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 14:37 - Mar 7 by bacardiinbrissie

Nice one mate. If you are who I think you are I enjoy your stuff on Not 606. Don't worry about Blob he loves it really

Keeping the dream alive I went to this yesterday daytime.
http://leaflondon.net/schedule.pdf

Wasn't expecting much but it was fcking brilliant - as close to a 1989/1990 rave as I've been to in a long time. At one point one of the DJ's dropped this..What a tune

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 12:02 - Mar 8 with 6877 viewsBrixtonR

Ok Sunday afternoon time for a bit of Jazz Funk

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 13:55 - Mar 8 with 6863 viewsW13R

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 12:02 - Mar 8 by BrixtonR

Ok Sunday afternoon time for a bit of Jazz Funk

Nice tunes there Brixton, how about a bit of Soul & Funk as well.

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 14:57 - Mar 8 with 6855 viewsBrixtonR

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 13:55 - Mar 8 by W13R

Nice tunes there Brixton, how about a bit of Soul & Funk as well.

Bloody hell mate that takes to another level !!!! Arthur Adams gotta be the ultimate in red wine and Sunday roast records lol

Can't top that but was listening to this - sums up rangers at the moment.....

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 07:11 - Mar 13 with 6799 viewsLblock

Friday again..... Looking forward to an away game tomorrow (sort of)

Found this one on my shelves the other day
Bit of dirty house to start the day

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 10:53 - Mar 13 with 6781 viewsDiscodroids

to put it quite simply..i want to get on it.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 11:03 - Mar 13 with 6776 viewsCroydonCaptJack

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 07:11 - Mar 13 by Lblock

That girl can sing.
Scandalously plagiarised for Ride on Time (although I am quite partial to that to be fair)
The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 11:37 - Mar 13 with 6771 viewspaulparker

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 07:11 - Mar 13 by Lblock

Great one Lblock remember that one played at the Cross always loved the beginning of it ,
this one stills sounds as fresh 20 years on

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 11:45 - Mar 13 with 6770 viewspaulparker

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 10:53 - Mar 13 by Discodroids

to put it quite simply..i want to get on it.

Me to Disco unfortunately this weekend I have the mother in law over from Ireland
which means I cant get into my kitchen , I cant go to the pub on Saturday , and will be visiting craft fairs & farmers markets buying more chutneys I don't need
someone up there doesn't like me im telling you

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 11:51 - Mar 13 with 6768 viewspaulparker

ok 60 pages in and nothing from Bottom Line records !!!

Ed the Red & Nancy pioneers of B sides

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 12:57 - Mar 13 with 6758 viewsW13R

Some quality tracks there boy's.

I myself am feeling a bit Bumpy House today.

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 18:30 - Mar 13 with 6739 viewsLblock

Parker -- quality quality quality

Bottom Line Records got me thinking and I was sure this little ditty below was on that label but obviously I got confused with the inset artwork in my head as it's Emotive
Off to Sarf Lahdahn tomorrow on it early and I'm dreaming of Brighter Days

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 18:46 - Mar 13 with 6735 viewsBrixtonR

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 11:51 - Mar 13 by paulparker

ok 60 pages in and nothing from Bottom Line records !!!

Ed the Red & Nancy pioneers of B sides

Gotta say Paul Parker that to pull out two tracks like the Arnold Jarvis & Ed the Red track after 60 pages is well impressive. A couple of tunes I remember hearing and really liking but wouldn't have had a clue what they were or who they were by. Nice one
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024