Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP 07:01 - Apr 4 with 2041661 viewsLblock

Here I am starting this from my recovery bed and no clue how to link tunes on an iPhone!

Will stick on my offerings from a PC later unless the other knuckles thread is the preference to use?

House classics and dancey dazzlers only, no hijacking from suicide rock please!

In the beginning there was jack.......

Been meaning to update for years.
Can only be one.......

[Post edited 9 Jul 2020 11:28]

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 00:06 - Apr 5 with 7607 viewsPommyhoop

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 23:37 - Apr 4 by Lblock

Now that sir is a beauty!

Reminds me of Legends (Wardour St, not the kuntville in Ilford!)

Loved Legends..Was it called YellowBrook (or something like that) before it was Legends??

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 00:12 - Apr 5 with 7600 viewsCroydonCaptJack

We're on the same wavelength lblock.
The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 00:16 - Apr 5 with 7594 viewsCroydonCaptJack

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 23:48 - Apr 4 by Lblock

As we approach the end of the day is it time for a final few stompers before the wind down sesh?
Still in St Mary's so can't stick the tunes up but if someone could fill in the blanks...

Afrodizzyact --- a Tenerife 89 HUGE tune in Bananas

Doobie Brothers - Long Train Running (Dancefloor Mx) --- Danny Rampling closed Slippery When Wet with this (do in Curtain Road)

Carly Simon - Why? --- the ultimate see ya later happy ravers tune

Affrodizzyact was great. Proper Balearic tune.

Its the African Queen
The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 00:28 - Apr 5 with 7588 viewsngbqpr

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 00:16 - Apr 5 by CroydonCaptJack

Affrodizzyact was great. Proper Balearic tune.

Its the African Queen

classics all

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 03:23 - Apr 5 with 7570 viewsPommyhoop

GO ON KEV MY SON !!!

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 08:26 - Apr 5 with 7564 viewswestberksr

Friday nights at Legends were brilliant, had some great nights in there.
The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 09:03 - Apr 5 with 7557 viewsPommyhoop

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 08:26 - Apr 5 by westberksr

Friday nights at Legends were brilliant, had some great nights in there.

Yep the start of many a'Lost Weekend'
[Post edited 5 Apr 2014 9:04]

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 09:50 - Apr 5 with 7551 viewsDiscodroid

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 09:03 - Apr 5 by Pommyhoop

Yep the start of many a'Lost Weekend'
[Post edited 5 Apr 2014 9:04]

morning lads....gonna have to drag you kicking and screaming a few years forward 1996-2001,..the golden age of all things progressive...(that includes you pommy...go on kev my sahn!!!)

nice breakdown at 5min 40.

fack me lads..i forgot all about the football!!

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

Login to get fewer ads

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 10:30 - Apr 5 with 7541 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Good morning chaps.

How about a bit of ambient to take us back to the chillout areas.
This was my favourite of that genre. Put your feet up and just relax.

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 10:45 - Apr 5 with 7530 viewsCroydonCaptJack

And as there is a captive audience of like minded souls on here I implore you to listen to this Aphex Twin track. Whoever said electronic music has no soul need to take a couple of listens to this track.

Every time I listen to it I hear something else. So subtle, so beautiful. This really is one of the finest pieces of music I have ever heard and why the guy has god-like status in my world. Yes, he does what he wants and lots of it is barely listenable but when he does tracks like this he more than makes up for it.

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 10:47 - Apr 5 with 7643 viewspaulparker

f uck me boys we still on it !!!

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 11:48 - Apr 5 with 7630 viewswestberksr

i still need to chill, yesterday was a bit too emotional

something other than Ollie that was worthwhile and came from Bristol

and something vocal and funky

[Post edited 5 Apr 2014 12:16]
The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 12:46 - Apr 5 with 7606 viewsDiscodroid

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 10:45 - Apr 5 by CroydonCaptJack

And as there is a captive audience of like minded souls on here I implore you to listen to this Aphex Twin track. Whoever said electronic music has no soul need to take a couple of listens to this track.

Every time I listen to it I hear something else. So subtle, so beautiful. This really is one of the finest pieces of music I have ever heard and why the guy has god-like status in my world. Yes, he does what he wants and lots of it is barely listenable but when he does tracks like this he more than makes up for it.

hehehe 'nawty'

another aphex twin stormer..

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 13:11 - Apr 5 with 7595 viewsLblock

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 12:46 - Apr 5 by Discodroid

hehehe 'nawty'

another aphex twin stormer..

Think I've stuck this one up before but one of my favourites on Guerilla

I cant get straight in my head --- wasnt there a track on that label or another called Helicopter around the same time?

BANG! Just answered my own question as below

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 14:27 - Apr 5 with 7577 viewsDiscodroid

sorry lblock, missed that one mate..

gotta go on the progressive house /trance front,,,sasha/digweed/oakenfold/nick warren/dave seaman stuff from platipus/hooj choons/whoop!/hook/perfecto and beyond...

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 14:29 - Apr 5 with 7576 viewsngbqpr

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 13:11 - Apr 5 by Lblock

Think I've stuck this one up before but one of my favourites on Guerilla

I cant get straight in my head --- wasnt there a track on that label or another called Helicopter around the same time?

BANG! Just answered my own question as below

Tried to sign Helicopter fro Stress. ..lo & behold a year or so later two of them reappeared under this guise:

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 14:32 - Apr 5 with 7574 viewsngbqpr

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 14:27 - Apr 5 by Discodroid

sorry lblock, missed that one mate..

gotta go on the progressive house /trance front,,,sasha/digweed/oakenfold/nick warren/dave seaman stuff from platipus/hooj choons/whoop!/hook/perfecto and beyond...

disco - whilst we prided ourselves on our diversity, surely a certain label should still feature in your prog role of honour ;)

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 14:43 - Apr 5 with 7571 viewsDiscodroid

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 14:32 - Apr 5 by ngbqpr

disco - whilst we prided ourselves on our diversity, surely a certain label should still feature in your prog role of honour ;)

Defo lblock, let us tarry awhile, you and i, in the eden, nay garden of lush prog..

aye, a fine label for men of science such as us..

set in stone/forbiden zone on stress.

gertcha..

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 17:35 - Apr 5 with 7540 viewsW14Hoop

Well fook the football and ill celebrate getting the winner on the national.
Small stakes, a fiver on the nose wins 130.
Lets go happy hardcore

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 21:52 - Apr 5 with 7519 viewsPunteR

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 17:35 - Apr 5 by W14Hoop

Well fook the football and ill celebrate getting the winner on the national.
Small stakes, a fiver on the nose wins 130.
Lets go happy hardcore

Ive got to say its been brilliant listening to this thread by people that really know their house, Hats off to you guys.
House,teckno,trance is all the same to me. It was a big part of my life that took over even QPR.
It started with this track. (football,what football?!)

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 22:23 - Apr 5 with 7512 viewsKerryE

If we could ditch the footie, this would be quite a good forum

Enjoy this house classic...

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 04:52 - Apr 6 with 7491 viewsFredManRave

First things first, this thread

I've now spent over 6 hours "listening" to this thread and it's been emotional!

I'm no House aficianado like the majority of you guys however I did go to most of the London clubs mentioned on this thread but never had the knowledge (or memory) of the music that you guys obviously have which is one of the (many) reasons why this thread has been so fcukin excellent.

Still, fwiw, here come my opinions and thoughts;

Anthems; loads to choose from and thanks to whoever it was for reminding me of Rhythm On The Loose, Break of Dawn and the many others on here but the following needs to be included, imo;

Classics; A shout out again to those that reminded me of Massive Attack, Unfinished Sympathy and Djaimin, Give You, to name but two and here's another one;

And for the memories, Chubby Chunks, Testament One and D.O.P. Take Me
stand out and I'll inlcude my own fave memory of;

[Post edited 6 Apr 2014 5:30]

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 04:58 - Apr 6 with 7489 viewsFredManRave

And following on from the classic Shine On;

Two more classics from the same genre;

I've got the Power.

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 05:06 - Apr 6 with 7486 viewsFredManRave

And now two from the Anthem/Classic/Memory category;

[Post edited 6 Apr 2014 5:32]

I've got the Power.

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 05:10 - Apr 6 with 7485 viewsFredManRave

My fave piano track is without doubt Your Love by prodigy which I've posted on a music thread before but this is (probably) my second favourite;

I've got the Power.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024