Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP 07:01 - Apr 4 with 2054092 viewsLblock

Here I am starting this from my recovery bed and no clue how to link tunes on an iPhone!

Will stick on my offerings from a PC later unless the other knuckles thread is the preference to use?

House classics and dancey dazzlers only, no hijacking from suicide rock please!

In the beginning there was jack.......

Been meaning to update for years.
Can only be one.......

[Post edited 9 Jul 2020 11:28]

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 22:40 - Oct 23 with 7319 viewsPunteR

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 22:19 - Oct 23 by W13R

And a bit of new

That dee mac's house of funk is a peach of a tune mate..

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 23:26 - Oct 23 with 7302 viewsLblock

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 22:40 - Oct 23 by PunteR

That dee mac's house of funk is a peach of a tune mate..

I concur!!

I've really enjoyed listening to some of the tracks here late this evening.
Parker - that 3 Winans Brothers track has been in my head for ages since I downloaded a Louie Vega Dance Ritual podcast on Roots NYC. Brilliant track

W13R - some excellent Shut It and Dance tracks -- Cedric Winkleburger brought back some Raindance memories!

PunteR (you're on the list mate dont you worry!) -- I'm always partial to Hot Chip, like their stuff and that Boris track was a nice little chugger plus Low Steppa had a real old skool groove to it.

Lovin' it lads. Picked me up a little bit this morning.
A rare and strange day awaits tomorrow - a Saturday 3.00pm home game and I'll be "dry" in the Addy. $hIT!

LGBTQ+ Footballers to come out... on 23:55 - Oct 23 with 7291 viewsLblock

Edit'd to stick to the thread -- that was my iPhone's fault.

Instead some Kevin Saunderson I've been listening to this morning whilst walking the hound

[Post edited 24 Oct 2015 10:39]

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 04:44 - Oct 24 with 7260 viewsFredManRave

85 pages! Ridiculous! I've said it before and I'll say it again. I have nowhere near the knowledge or memory of everyone else on this amazing thread. It's been a constant pleasure to visit and revisit it, and listen to choons that I'd long since forgotten. LBlock and PaulParker are indeed Masters At Work on this thread. It's been emotional and long may it continue.

I started raving in Sterns in the early 90's and then, moved around the clubs of London from SW1, to Satelite, to Paradise etc etc but nowhere near as much as you guys. However, I like what I know and I know what I like. It's gotta be happy and it's gotta be uplifting; A couple of my fave examples;

There are a few hundred more but for now, cheers guys, for reminding me about the good times.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 04:49 - Oct 24 with 7259 viewsFredManRave

Before I crash and just so you know, in general, two types of Dance music that I choose to listen to these days. The ones that remind me of those clubbing nights when the place would just go off;

And the ones I choose to listen to these days in the comfort of my fortress of solitude;

And Groove;

[Post edited 24 Oct 2015 4:53]

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 11:03 - Oct 24 with 7236 viewsLblock

Second time around for this one from me I think

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 21:46 - Oct 25 with 7210 viewsLblock

Brixton must still be on it... normally a man for some late Sunday grooves.

I'm signing off for the weekend with this old gold.
Till next Friday and beyond (although I'll not be posting up on Friday as I'm abroad and landing back at Theifrow Airport 7.00pm I HOPE and hot footing it to Griffin Park)

Nighty night

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 22:08 - Oct 25 with 7200 viewsBrixtonR

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 21:46 - Oct 25 by Lblock

Brixton must still be on it... normally a man for some late Sunday grooves.

I'm signing off for the weekend with this old gold.
Till next Friday and beyond (although I'll not be posting up on Friday as I'm abroad and landing back at Theifrow Airport 7.00pm I HOPE and hot footing it to Griffin Park)

Nighty night

Ha Ha spot on, I went to a big psy trance party at the Jamm in Brixton last night and had a top night..am just recovering now

Hope you have a hood holiday and get back for the Brentford game Ok. I'm missing the game as it's my girlfriends birthday on Friday and were going to this - should be a top night :-)

http://www.residentadvisor.net/event.aspx?768331

Keeping with the Housing authority theme....

Login to get fewer ads

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 08:41 - Oct 30 with 7148 viewsDiscodroids

to dip in and out of ..Closing night at Cream couple of weeks ago,
Line up;
https://www.facebook.com/OfficialCream/photos/a.316007551628.144788.49607166628/

just put up on soundcloud. Seb fontaine playing Courtyard classics to close a historical night.

Still waiting for the oakenfold set to be put up.

like tears in the rain...

https://soundcloud.com/david-wainwright/seb-fontaine-cream-grand-finale-pt1-nati

[Post edited 30 Oct 2015 8:44]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 10:49 - Oct 30 with 7137 viewsLblock

Seb Fontaine was a top DJ, recall him on the line up in his early days on a HYPE! do that my mate put on back in the good old days!!

I'm still on this at the moment

On my way back from Ireland -- cross your house fingers for me that I make it back in time

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 10:46 - Oct 31 with 7103 viewsRangersw12

After watching Rangers

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 15:30 - Oct 31 with 7090 viewsBrixtonR

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 10:46 - Oct 31 by Rangersw12

After watching Rangers

Nice one mate some nice tunes there. What we need is TECHNOLOGY and IMAGINATION*............................................

tuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuune lets fckn ave it !

*Which I'm sure Pearson would bring ;-)
The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 22:02 - Oct 31 with 7074 viewsDiscodroids

For my mate jody..when tilt pulled off this mix they were in league with devil..give it a listen mate. on hooj ..that breakdown at 5 mins 30 secs.,touched by god..

infinate prog in infinate combinations.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 22:05 - Oct 31 with 7070 viewsDiscodroids

biblical...

give us a cuddle

xx
[Post edited 31 Oct 2015 23:44]

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 22:57 - Oct 31 with 7062 viewsPunteR

This one for the main man discodroids aka ETC aka glenn and all the frankie gang ..
keep on...

Impossibly, incomparably, wonderfully, dazzlingly uplifting ....say no more
Keepin on the uplifting house vibe..

[Post edited 31 Oct 2015 23:23]

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 23:16 - Oct 31 with 7055 viewsLblock

Forgive me for my tardiness.... out of the country and otherwised engaged on "other matters" but here's one that was getting some headphone action on my flight Friday

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 23:18 - Oct 31 with 7053 viewsDiscodroids

ohhh you fu ker !!.

tHIS IS dISCODROID DNA..

4MINS 10

rightup my strada.

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 23:19 - Oct 31 with 7053 viewsLblock

And one for me Missus... 6 months ago we got hitched and it seems a lifetime ago..... one that she's crushed!!!

Thanks for keeping me on the straight and narra' to "her indoors"

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 23:26 - Oct 31 with 7049 viewsDiscodroids

the hug club ........

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 23:28 - Oct 31 with 7048 viewsLblock

And one final one with memories of old and recent 6 months ago for me....

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 23:31 - Oct 31 with 7017 viewsLblock

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 23:26 - Oct 31 by Discodroids

the hug club ........

Top vibe DD

I'll flip this one on Deck II of the old SL1200's and send a shout out to Benny, bungle and the boys...

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 23:38 - Oct 31 with 7010 viewsDiscodroids

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 23:31 - Oct 31 by Lblock

Top vibe DD

I'll flip this one on Deck II of the old SL1200's and send a shout out to Benny, bungle and the boys...

sweeeet..

what a fkn carry on . weve got to get it together..we must arrange it..im very friendly with steve, (paul parker), ffs lets get it on.. a game before xmas ?

"i'll dedicate myself, i'll be my very best.."..silver shadow

ursssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 23:39 - Oct 31 with 7010 viewsLblock

And it's goodnight from me with these:-

And finally, finally... with love, peace and respect to the man who began all this. Your work sorely missed Frankie

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 23:50 - Oct 31 with 7005 viewsLblock

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 23:38 - Oct 31 by Discodroids

sweeeet..

what a fkn carry on . weve got to get it together..we must arrange it..im very friendly with steve, (paul parker), ffs lets get it on.. a game before xmas ?

"i'll dedicate myself, i'll be my very best.."..silver shadow

ursssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Now THAT's a very definite piece of my pie... that and Circles two of my all times.

Odd thing is DD - I'm an Addy regular and know you frequent so I've often thought it odd that we've more than likely been elbow to elbow at the jump!
It all sounds good to me although they do say dont meet your hero's but I'm sure I'll just be in awe of the legends of yourself and PP and your tales of the house scene as my experiences are tame and limited!!!

I did plan on turning in a while back but you've got me at it (the missus thinks I'm internet dating now)

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 23:52 - Oct 31 with 7003 viewsLblock

Lady T... sorely missed.

An odd'ism -- I refuse to sleep under pictures hung on the wall above any bed in any hotel I'm ever in due to her "accident"

And now to bed....
[Post edited 31 Oct 2015 23:54]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024