Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Morrison. 14:37 - Apr 12 with 3364 viewsTheBlob

That was definitely a Rodney-esque effort.Four round him,a little shimmy to get himself space and a tucked finish.Similar to the last of Rodder's hat trick against Brum.He's a different player since he came to us.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Morrison. on 10:31 - Apr 14 with 890 viewsrobith

Just wish he'd stop diving
Morrison. on 10:36 - Apr 14 with 881 viewsLoft1979

Morrison. on 10:26 - Apr 14 by adhoc_qpr

Great talent no doubt, but i wouldn't want him permanently.

He's made a great contribution and may even get us promoted, but his next self destruction is never far away.

Bear in mind that he was sparkling for West Ham and being talked up as a world cup squad dark horse in November...

I for one I am in his court.
One notable was his efforts as 'tackler' in a couple of games I have seen. Also he looks to pass, might not alays get it right, and has been yelled at for going alone but overall is not a 'one trick pony' or 'selfish' player. He just seems to 'fit' as THE attacking midfielder, playing off the striker, creating or filling the space and creating chances.
[Post edited 14 Apr 2014 10:38]
Morrison. on 10:43 - Apr 14 with 871 viewsAntti_Heinola

Morrison. on 10:26 - Apr 14 by adhoc_qpr

Great talent no doubt, but i wouldn't want him permanently.

He's made a great contribution and may even get us promoted, but his next self destruction is never far away.

Bear in mind that he was sparkling for West Ham and being talked up as a world cup squad dark horse in November...

but he didn't self-destruct at west ham. nothing happened. No one knows why Allardyce dropped him. West Ham fans are furious.
I'd sign him in a heartbeat - but we won't get him, sadly.

Bare bones.

Morrison. on 11:33 - Apr 14 with 840 viewsadhoc_qpr

Morrison. on 10:43 - Apr 14 by Antti_Heinola

but he didn't self-destruct at west ham. nothing happened. No one knows why Allardyce dropped him. West Ham fans are furious.

Basically according to Big Sam, Morrison didn't fancy training much so concocted a phantom injury that the medical staff didn't believe was real to avoid having to play.

Big Sam dropped him and then as soon as he joined us the injury magically cleared up.

Ravel probably enjoys playing for us because we don't really seem to do training anyway!
Morrison. on 12:08 - Apr 14 with 832 viewssimmo

He would cost at LEAST 10m, Fulham already had an offer close to that rejected. I would love to make him permanent because he's already a very good player and will only improve. English too which is a nice bonus.

Would I want to pay over 10million for one player though? Not really. Although if you're going to spend that then do it for someone that can win a game on there own and gives you something completely different, which he does.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Morrison. on 12:30 - Apr 14 with 821 viewsDANRANGER

Morrison. on 12:08 - Apr 14 by simmo

He would cost at LEAST 10m, Fulham already had an offer close to that rejected. I would love to make him permanent because he's already a very good player and will only improve. English too which is a nice bonus.

Would I want to pay over 10million for one player though? Not really. Although if you're going to spend that then do it for someone that can win a game on there own and gives you something completely different, which he does.

I don't believe we are an option for him, he's just happy to be playing. I can see him playing for Liverpool. He'd fit in perfectly with the style they have and Rodger's has sorted Sterling/Sturridge out so believes in players with ability and gives them a perfect platform. 10m should do it as can't see a future under Allardyce.
Morrison. on 12:33 - Apr 14 with 818 viewsEalingRanger

They're actually very different despite playing the same role. Adel definitely more skillful but less pacy than Rav. Hopefully we can keep Rav and learn from the mistakes we made with Adel and apply them here.
Morrison. on 12:34 - Apr 14 with 815 viewsDevonWhite

Morrison. on 10:43 - Apr 14 by Antti_Heinola

This is why he came to QPR:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2014/feb/15/ravel-morrison-west-ham-uni
Login to get fewer ads

Morrison. on 12:37 - Apr 14 with 808 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Morrison. on 11:33 - Apr 14 by adhoc_qpr

Basically according to Big Sam, Morrison didn't fancy training much so concocted a phantom injury that the medical staff didn't believe was real to avoid having to play.

Big Sam dropped him and then as soon as he joined us the injury magically cleared up.

Ravel probably enjoys playing for us because we don't really seem to do training anyway!

Then The Guardian had a story that contradicted that, saying that Allardyce and Kevin Nolan attempted to force him (as they had done with other players down through the years) into leaving his agent and signing with their preferred choice. Morrisson supposedly refused, and was sidelined.

I'm not saying I believe it 100% but I'd trust The Guardian before I'd trust Allardyce.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Morrison. on 12:37 - Apr 14 with 807 viewssimmo

Morrison. on 12:30 - Apr 14 by DANRANGER

I don't believe we are an option for him, he's just happy to be playing. I can see him playing for Liverpool. He'd fit in perfectly with the style they have and Rodger's has sorted Sterling/Sturridge out so believes in players with ability and gives them a perfect platform. 10m should do it as can't see a future under Allardyce.

Agreed, I think it is all hypothetical as he is a lot better than us and even if we're promoted he would have a number of options above us. My West Ham mate is so pissed that he has not been played/retained and blames the club entirely.

If Big Sam goes he could well stay with WHU and kick on.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Morrison. on 13:45 - Apr 14 with 764 viewsDANRANGER

Morrison. on 12:37 - Apr 14 by simmo

Agreed, I think it is all hypothetical as he is a lot better than us and even if we're promoted he would have a number of options above us. My West Ham mate is so pissed that he has not been played/retained and blames the club entirely.

If Big Sam goes he could well stay with WHU and kick on.

West Ham fans are not happy. My mate is taking his kid to his 1st game this weekend, vs Palace and the big attraction is Andy Carroll, he's not looking forward to it. When you think of their team they haven't 1 player worth watching. Fair enough he's kept them up but for £40-£60 a game you expect some level of entertainment and no wonder they booed after winning (Paul Hart anyone).

We should be pleased though as only way we'd get Morrison from them is because of Allardyce's coaching techniques.
Morrison. on 09:19 - Apr 15 with 710 viewsLoft1979

Morrison. on 12:30 - Apr 14 by DANRANGER

I disagree:
RM fits a mold ala Victor Moses, Zaha or Sterling (Adel?). He MIGHT stay at QPR because if promoted, he can feature every week and hopefully mature as opposed to languishing ala Moses and Zaha.
Morrison. on 09:29 - Apr 15 with 701 viewstimcocking

I absolutely love the look of him. I think a team with him and Tom Caroll could be excellent.
Morrison. on 08:21 - Apr 16 with 628 viewsM40R

It's not going to happen but imagine next season with him, Adel and Remy in the same (QPR) team. You could play a 4-3-2-1, with the two full backs providing attacking width and a sold holding three in midfield to provide protection. Now that would be my dream team.

It would misfire many times but when on tune....
Morrison. on 13:17 - Apr 16 with 587 views08olesen

Morrison. on 08:21 - Apr 16 by M40R

It's not going to happen but imagine next season with him, Adel and Remy in the same (QPR) team. You could play a 4-3-2-1, with the two full backs providing attacking width and a sold holding three in midfield to provide protection. Now that would be my dream team.

It would misfire many times but when on tune....

Agreed i think that if we got RM and had Remy Hoilet Phillips Austin Traore and Adel we would have a majestic attack, however none of them are really known for their defensive abilities. Leaving poor old Joey and Karl the only decent DM at the club.

I think RM should be signed as he is game changer. and then swap Adel with someone like newcastle and take Tiote back with us for the DM role.

Poll: Who will the other play off

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024