Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is It Wrong to Want Liverpool to Win the Title in View of Hillsborough 13:36 - Apr 13 with 14874 viewsdenhamhoop2

I have to admit purely because of Hillsborough Tragedy i would love Liverpool to win this years title any one else feel the same
Is It Wrong to Want Liverpool to Win the Title in View of Hillsborough on 16:47 - Apr 17 with 1509 viewsconnell10

Is It Wrong to Want Liverpool to Win the Title in View of Hillsborough on 16:33 - Apr 17 by BrianMcCarthy

I don't know who or how many people suggested it. I know they built it in their memory, I think it's decent and it's honourable. And I am glad that they have accepted responsibility publicly as a club.

I see no point in arguing on this, as I find that Heysel and Hillsborough are not overtly linked, except to say that the cages at Hillsborough were as a result of the thuggishness of hooligans of all clubs, ours included. Beyond that, I find any attempt to deny justice for the Hillsborough dead solely because different fans of the same club misbehaved on a a prior occasion to be devoid of compassion and respect.

I'll say it again, if it was my son or daughter, or any of you, whose lifeless body was welded to a cage and whose memory was being tarnished by lies and corruption, they wouldn't shut me up until I too took my last breath.

I couldn't respect them more.
[Post edited 17 Apr 2014 16:35]

AMEN BROTHER,i despair at some of the posts on this thread!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Is It Wrong to Want Liverpool to Win the Title in View of Hillsborough on 17:10 - Apr 17 with 1480 viewsQPR1882

Is It Wrong to Want Liverpool to Win the Title in View of Hillsborough on 16:33 - Apr 17 by BrianMcCarthy

I don't know who or how many people suggested it. I know they built it in their memory, I think it's decent and it's honourable. And I am glad that they have accepted responsibility publicly as a club.

I see no point in arguing on this, as I find that Heysel and Hillsborough are not overtly linked, except to say that the cages at Hillsborough were as a result of the thuggishness of hooligans of all clubs, ours included. Beyond that, I find any attempt to deny justice for the Hillsborough dead solely because different fans of the same club misbehaved on a a prior occasion to be devoid of compassion and respect.

I'll say it again, if it was my son or daughter, or any of you, whose lifeless body was welded to a cage and whose memory was being tarnished by lies and corruption, they wouldn't shut me up until I too took my last breath.

I couldn't respect them more.
[Post edited 17 Apr 2014 16:35]

Who is arguing about the families and their fight for justice ? certainly not me.
Is It Wrong to Want Liverpool to Win the Title in View of Hillsborough on 17:18 - Apr 17 with 1466 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Is It Wrong to Want Liverpool to Win the Title in View of Hillsborough on 17:10 - Apr 17 by QPR1882

Who is arguing about the families and their fight for justice ? certainly not me.

Fair pont, 1882. More of a general comment.

Anyway, I'm away. There's a pint of stout somehwre and I can hear it calling me, pleading for my tender caress.

Have a great long weekend, all.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Is It Wrong to Want Liverpool to Win the Title in View of Hillsborough on 18:24 - Apr 17 with 1434 viewsRangersAreBack

Is It Wrong to Want Liverpool to Win the Title in View of Hillsborough on 15:59 - Apr 17 by daveB

suggesting someone doesn't listen to something that annoys then is not quite the same as wishing death upon someone for no particular reason.

Why would I wish that? I'd only have to listen to incessant media coverage of it every day for the next 25 years.
Is It Wrong to Want Liverpool to Win the Title in View of Hillsborough on 19:53 - Apr 17 with 1406 viewsdaveB

Is It Wrong to Want Liverpool to Win the Title in View of Hillsborough on 18:24 - Apr 17 by RangersAreBack

Why would I wish that? I'd only have to listen to incessant media coverage of it every day for the next 25 years.

i've no idea but your suggestion that i shouldn't breathe anymore for disagreeing with you was a tad over the top
Is It Wrong to Want Liverpool to Win the Title in View of Hillsborough on 05:21 - Apr 18 with 1362 viewsFredManRave

Clive Anderson wrote: "Heysel hasn't had anywhere near the effort put into it into finding out what happened and who was to blame. Hillsborough was partly a result of police negligence, whereas Heysel was worse as it was caused by Liverpool supporters actually trying to do harm to the Juventus supporters".

Just to clarify the sole cause of Heysel was not Liverpool supporters. If you take the time to read the link below and are open minded/mature enough to see past the fact the author is a Liverpool fan the facts within the article make for interesting and informative reading.

http://tomkinstimes.com/2013/05/heysel-25-years-on-book-extract/

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Is It Wrong to Want Liverpool to Win the Title in View of Hillsborough on 06:13 - Apr 18 with 1353 viewsBedford_R

Is It Wrong to Want Liverpool to Win the Title in View of Hillsborough on 05:21 - Apr 18 by FredManRave

Clive Anderson wrote: "Heysel hasn't had anywhere near the effort put into it into finding out what happened and who was to blame. Hillsborough was partly a result of police negligence, whereas Heysel was worse as it was caused by Liverpool supporters actually trying to do harm to the Juventus supporters".

Just to clarify the sole cause of Heysel was not Liverpool supporters. If you take the time to read the link below and are open minded/mature enough to see past the fact the author is a Liverpool fan the facts within the article make for interesting and informative reading.

This is a very interesting article. It certainly gives a more comprehensive view of events than the 'demonising' of Liverpool and English football fans which for years has been the standard for reporting this event. Somewhere between this article and the more voracious posts on this thread lies the truth of the matter.
[Post edited 18 Apr 2014 6:14]

RMH_R Reborn

Is It Wrong to Want Liverpool to Win the Title in View of Hillsborough on 15:34 - Apr 18 with 1303 viewsRangersAreBack

Is It Wrong to Want Liverpool to Win the Title in View of Hillsborough on 05:21 - Apr 18 by FredManRave

If you take the time to read my earlier response you'll give up trying to push this article as gospel. It's a bias fanzine written by a plastic Liverpool fan from West London. You may as well quote the Beano.
[Post edited 18 Apr 2014 15:38]
Login to get fewer ads

Is It Wrong to Want Liverpool to Win the Title in View of Hillsborough on 15:35 - Apr 18 with 1301 viewsSpiritofGregory

There were several factors which led to the tragedy at Hilsborough, I cannot accept that some Liverpool fans did not contribute to what happened, it's a fact that fans turned up without tickets or with fake tickets and tried to push their way into the stadium - you can't ignore that.

What initially happened was that the authorities pushed all the blame on to the Liverpool fans. The Liverpool fans are now seeking to have all the blame pushed on to the authorities, all parties need to take a long hard look at themselves and face up to the truth.

The same can be said for Heysal, it is a fact that Liverpool fans charged towards the Juve fans which led to the wall collapsing - you can't ignore that.

There is this pepetual notion amongst Liverpool fans that they are a superior fan and superior club. Liverpool fans because of Hillborough want to paint this angelic image of themselves and are now trying to rewrite history in relation to Heysal so that they can paint the false illusion of them being forever the victims.
[Post edited 18 Apr 2014 15:37]
Is It Wrong to Want Liverpool to Win the Title in View of Hillsborough on 15:50 - Apr 18 with 1284 viewsRangersAreBack

Is It Wrong to Want Liverpool to Win the Title in View of Hillsborough on 06:13 - Apr 18 by Bedford_R

This is a very interesting article. It certainly gives a more comprehensive view of events than the 'demonising' of Liverpool and English football fans which for years has been the standard for reporting this event. Somewhere between this article and the more voracious posts on this thread lies the truth of the matter.
[Post edited 18 Apr 2014 6:14]

Given the source the article carries all the weight of a feather. However I agree the truth lies somewhere in between. Both the police and Liverpool fans have been guilty of trying to absolve themselves of responsibility. The sooner both accept responsibility and learn the lessons, the sooner the dead can rest in peace and we can all move on.
Is It Wrong to Want Liverpool to Win the Title in View of Hillsborough on 04:33 - Apr 19 with 1253 viewsFredManRave

Is It Wrong to Want Liverpool to Win the Title in View of Hillsborough on 15:34 - Apr 18 by RangersAreBack

If you take the time to read my earlier response you'll give up trying to push this article as gospel. It's a bias fanzine written by a plastic Liverpool fan from West London. You may as well quote the Beano.
[Post edited 18 Apr 2014 15:38]

Did you take the time to read the article RAB?! You should do.

I'm not trying to push it as gospel, but it is, as BedfordR confirms an interesting and alternative view of events of that sad day. I'm well aware of the bias in the article just as much as of the facts, ones which I previously wasn't aware of, that get clarified.

Don't be so blinkered and dismissive RAB.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Is It Wrong to Want Liverpool to Win the Title in View of Hillsborough on 06:42 - Apr 19 with 1238 viewsPommyhoop

Is It Wrong to Want Liverpool to Win the Title in View of Hillsborough on 04:33 - Apr 19 by FredManRave

I'm not trying to push it as gospel, but it is, as BedfordR confirms an interesting and alternative view of events of that sad day. I'm well aware of the bias in the article just as much as of the facts, ones which I previously wasn't aware of, that get clarified.

Just read it Fred.Good read. I didnt know about block Z meaning to be empty of fans or at least nuetral..

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Is It Wrong to Want Liverpool to Win the Title in View of Hillsborough on 09:30 - Apr 19 with 1217 viewsClive_Anderson

Obviously there were other factors with Heysel, the crumbling stadium being one of the main ones. Similar to Hillsborough where the stadium wasn't fit for such a big game.

But my point was that during Hillsborough the police were negligent whereas at Heysel the Liverpool supporters were actively trying to harm the Juventus fans.

It's like the difference between killing someone accidentally whilst driving recklessly and purposely running someone off the road.
Is It Wrong to Want Liverpool to Win the Title in View of Hillsborough on 09:33 - Apr 19 with 1214 viewsClive_Anderson

Is It Wrong to Want Liverpool to Win the Title in View of Hillsborough on 15:35 - Apr 18 by SpiritofGregory

There were several factors which led to the tragedy at Hilsborough, I cannot accept that some Liverpool fans did not contribute to what happened, it's a fact that fans turned up without tickets or with fake tickets and tried to push their way into the stadium - you can't ignore that.

What initially happened was that the authorities pushed all the blame on to the Liverpool fans. The Liverpool fans are now seeking to have all the blame pushed on to the authorities, all parties need to take a long hard look at themselves and face up to the truth.

The same can be said for Heysal, it is a fact that Liverpool fans charged towards the Juve fans which led to the wall collapsing - you can't ignore that.

There is this pepetual notion amongst Liverpool fans that they are a superior fan and superior club. Liverpool fans because of Hillborough want to paint this angelic image of themselves and are now trying to rewrite history in relation to Heysal so that they can paint the false illusion of them being forever the victims.
[Post edited 18 Apr 2014 15:37]

Yes.

The first politically motivated enquiry sought to blame the supporters. Then a second one after years of pressure sought to blame the police.

The truth lies somewhere in the middle.
Is It Wrong to Want Liverpool to Win the Title in View of Hillsborough on 01:31 - Apr 21 with 1180 viewsBluce_Ree

F*CK!

That's it. Liverpool have won the league. Enjoy a year of gloating, crowing and f**king comparing everything to Shankley and putting #YNWA after every f**king sentence.

If QPR don't go up this year, football will officially be the worst thing since sliced cock. I want to die.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Is It Wrong to Want Liverpool to Win the Title in View of Hillsborough on 02:06 - Apr 21 with 1168 viewsRangersAreBack

Is It Wrong to Want Liverpool to Win the Title in View of Hillsborough on 04:33 - Apr 19 by FredManRave

On a forum where so many posters are particular about source of information, it amazes me that you are still trying to push this article.

It's an unofficial fanzine written by a work-shy plastic Liverpool fan from West London. It would have more credibility if written by Bert and Ernie.
Is It Wrong to Want Liverpool to Win the Title in View of Hillsborough on 11:10 - Apr 21 with 1128 viewsClive_Anderson

Is It Wrong to Want Liverpool to Win the Title in View of Hillsborough on 01:31 - Apr 21 by Bluce_Ree

F*CK!

That's it. Liverpool have won the league. Enjoy a year of gloating, crowing and f**king comparing everything to Shankley and putting #YNWA after every f**king sentence.

If QPR don't go up this year, football will officially be the worst thing since sliced cock. I want to die.

Don't worry when Chelsea win the Champions League again it will take your mind off it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024