Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is It Wrong to Want Liverpool to Win the Title in View of Hillsborough 13:36 - Apr 13 with 14870 viewsdenhamhoop2

I have to admit purely because of Hillsborough Tragedy i would love Liverpool to win this years title any one else feel the same
Is It Wrong to Want Liverpool to Win the Title in View of Hillsborough on 12:40 - Apr 14 with 2988 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Is It Wrong to Want Liverpool to Win the Title in View of Hillsborough on 18:13 - Apr 13 by daveB

at the moment it's in chelseas hands again, i think they'll do it

It's not quite Dave, as City would overtake them if they won all their games. But Chelsea have a great chance at it, and at 5/1 are bizzarely overpriced, I think.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Is It Wrong to Want Liverpool to Win the Title in View of Hillsborough on 14:21 - Apr 14 with 2956 viewsClive_Anderson

Is It Wrong to Want Liverpool to Win the Title in View of Hillsborough on 19:48 - Apr 13 by qprnw10

Funny how there's very little mention of the fact man city should have had 2 stonewall pens and Suarez should have seen red for a dive.Liverpool have always been a media favourite and had those decisions had gone for manure that's all we would have been hearing about.

To be fair Liverpool were screwed by the ref at Man City and Chelsea earlier in the season. They have been the best team so far so I suppose they deserve it.

Far preferable to those c*nts up the road who I can see winning the league and the Champions League flukily yet again.
Is It Wrong to Want Liverpool to Win the Title in View of Hillsborough on 15:38 - Apr 14 with 2932 viewsSpiritofGregory

I dislike Liverpool fans more than Chelsea fans.

They were the original glory hunter fans.
Is It Wrong to Want Liverpool to Win the Title in View of Hillsborough on 16:19 - Apr 14 with 2915 viewsdaveB

Is It Wrong to Want Liverpool to Win the Title in View of Hillsborough on 15:38 - Apr 14 by SpiritofGregory

I dislike Liverpool fans more than Chelsea fans.

They were the original glory hunter fans.

i just think who would i rather win the title, Steven Gerrard or John Terry. Fans don't come into for me. An absolute no brainer plus to see a team packed full of Englishman win it would be great
Is It Wrong to Want Liverpool to Win the Title in View of Hillsborough on 16:52 - Apr 14 with 2892 viewspaulparker

Is It Wrong to Want Liverpool to Win the Title in View of Hillsborough on 16:19 - Apr 14 by daveB

i just think who would i rather win the title, Steven Gerrard or John Terry. Fans don't come into for me. An absolute no brainer plus to see a team packed full of Englishman win it would be great

funny how there are hardly any reports about Liverpool fans bricking Man city's coach

that wouldn't fit such a great club who were remembering the anniversary of Hillsborough
no Sniverpool fans are the best in the world a tingle goes up the spine when they sing YNWA
I hope city win it and all Liverpool get are a plague of giant rats

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Is It Wrong to Want Liverpool to Win the Title in View of Hillsborough on 16:55 - Apr 14 with 2886 viewsdaveB

Is It Wrong to Want Liverpool to Win the Title in View of Hillsborough on 16:52 - Apr 14 by paulparker

funny how there are hardly any reports about Liverpool fans bricking Man city's coach

that wouldn't fit such a great club who were remembering the anniversary of Hillsborough
no Sniverpool fans are the best in the world a tingle goes up the spine when they sing YNWA
I hope city win it and all Liverpool get are a plague of giant rats

all fans have arseholes supporting them, plenty were looking for trouble when they won the league against us.
Is It Wrong to Want Liverpool to Win the Title in View of Hillsborough on 17:08 - Apr 14 with 2867 viewspaulparker

Is It Wrong to Want Liverpool to Win the Title in View of Hillsborough on 16:55 - Apr 14 by daveB

all fans have arseholes supporting them, plenty were looking for trouble when they won the league against us.

agree with you there Dave

but I cant keep putting up with this media vvankfest , its going to far now
on the day there "saint" supporters remember the poor sods who died they are to busy lobbing bricks at man city fans
the republic of scouse and all this other bollox is embarrassing
funny how the Anniversary of Heysel goes under the scouse radar

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Is It Wrong to Want Liverpool to Win the Title in View of Hillsborough on 17:43 - Apr 14 with 2829 viewsQPR442

Is It Wrong to Want Liverpool to Win the Title in View of Hillsborough on 17:08 - Apr 14 by paulparker

agree with you there Dave

but I cant keep putting up with this media vvankfest , its going to far now
on the day there "saint" supporters remember the poor sods who died they are to busy lobbing bricks at man city fans
the republic of scouse and all this other bollox is embarrassing
funny how the Anniversary of Heysel goes under the scouse radar

agree and what about Bradford City fire?
I had to listen to some idiot scouser on the radio coming out with so much sentimental boll#cks I had to switch stations.
Login to get fewer ads

Is It Wrong to Want Liverpool to Win the Title in View of Hillsborough on 13:00 - Apr 15 with 2764 viewsaston_hoop

This is all very well but do we get any cash if Liverpool win the league with Raheem Sterling in the squad? I assume we stuck in a few good clauses to his contract when we sold him....

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Is It Wrong to Want Liverpool to Win the Title in View of Hillsborough on 13:44 - Apr 15 with 2727 viewsClive_Anderson

Is It Wrong to Want Liverpool to Win the Title in View of Hillsborough on 13:00 - Apr 15 by aston_hoop

This is all very well but do we get any cash if Liverpool win the league with Raheem Sterling in the squad? I assume we stuck in a few good clauses to his contract when we sold him....

Of course we did...

Is It Wrong to Want Liverpool to Win the Title in View of Hillsborough on 14:48 - Apr 15 with 2702 viewsBluce_Ree

It's all a bit much. In Liverpool all public transport is stopping at 3.06 or whatever. That's over the top. If I was affected, I'd rather my respect/grief/sympathy wasn't mandated. Quiet reflection is the way forward, not this showy nonsense.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Is It Wrong to Want Liverpool to Win the Title in View of Hillsborough on 15:10 - Apr 15 with 2690 viewsRangersw12

They are not called the self pity city for nothing
Is It Wrong to Want Liverpool to Win the Title in View of Hillsborough on 15:14 - Apr 15 with 2685 viewsGloucs_R

Anfield is full.....have these people not got jobs to go to?

Poll: Are we staying up?

Is It Wrong to Want Liverpool to Win the Title in View of Hillsborough on 15:17 - Apr 15 with 2684 viewsGloucs_R

Is It Wrong to Want Liverpool to Win the Title in View of Hillsborough on 15:28 - Apr 15 with 2663 viewspaulparker

in the pub on Sunday they held there own minutes silence, giving dirty looks and telling people to shut up who were talking, unbelievable
its like this is now a day of national mourning
maybe these republic of scouse hypocrites should hold a candlelit vigil for the people of turin who they killed, or maybe get Gerry & the pacemakers to write a song for justice for the fans of Juve

Is It Wrong to Want Liverpool to Win the Title in View of Hillsborough on 15:35 - Apr 15 with 2649 viewsGloucs_R

Is It Wrong to Want Liverpool to Win the Title in View of Hillsborough on 15:28 - Apr 15 by paulparker

in the pub on Sunday they held there own minutes silence, giving dirty looks and telling people to shut up who were talking, unbelievable
its like this is now a day of national mourning
maybe these republic of scouse hypocrites should hold a candlelit vigil for the people of turin who they killed, or maybe get Gerry & the pacemakers to write a song for justice for the fans of Juve

Only 39 died that day with just 600 injured.

Is It Wrong to Want Liverpool to Win the Title in View of Hillsborough on 16:23 - Apr 15 with 2628 viewsClive_Anderson

Is It Wrong to Want Liverpool to Win the Title in View of Hillsborough on 14:48 - Apr 15 by Bluce_Ree

It's all a bit much. In Liverpool all public transport is stopping at 3.06 or whatever. That's over the top. If I was affected, I'd rather my respect/grief/sympathy wasn't mandated. Quiet reflection is the way forward, not this showy nonsense.

My theory is that a lot of the over the top mawkishness of Liverpool supporters is due to the fact that they couldn't cope with them not winning the league whilst Man Utd won it 13 times.

In the first couple of years after the disaster there wasn't the same sort of obsessive behaviour about it that you see now.
Is It Wrong to Want Liverpool to Win the Title in View of Hillsborough on 18:05 - Apr 15 with 2581 viewsBluce_Ree

"Graeme Sharp and Ian Snodin lead 96 children carrying red and blue scarves knotted together from Goodison to Anfield. #MerseysideUnited"

If it was us, I'd much prefer quiet reflection.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Is It Wrong to Want Liverpool to Win the Title in View of Hillsborough on 18:11 - Apr 15 with 2576 viewsBrightonhoop

Kin 'ell fellas have a bit of grace. Several children were killed, one boy as young as 10. Went to the football and never came home.

Leave the scummier views to the knuts up the road.
Is It Wrong to Want Liverpool to Win the Title in View of Hillsborough on 18:26 - Apr 15 with 2568 viewsQPR1882

As to whether individuals were brought to account, 27 arrests were made on suspicion of manslaughter and 26 men were charged. In 1989, after a five-month trial in Brussels, 14 of the 26 Liverpool supporters who stood trial were found guilty of involuntary manslaughter and given a three-year prison sentence, suspended for 18 months, and each ended up serving about a year in total in behind bars. The remaining ten defendants were acquitted of manslaughter.Heysel is an unspeakably awkward subject for Liverpool ,For many years, Liverpool ’s response to Heysel was woefully inadequate. I was shown a copy of the club’s official yearbook for 1985/86. There were two articles about the tragedy on page three, but they were both of the “Let’s put this behind us, improve the matchday Anfield atmosphere and look to restore the club’s good name” variety. There was no direct reference to what had happened. There was no hint of an apology. Later there was a round-up of the previous European Cup campaign, in which 1985/86 was identified as a “watershed” because it would be Liverpool ’s last for some time.Over time, there was a recognition that more — much more — needed to be done. In 2000 the city of Liverpool officially commemorated the anniversary of Heysel for the first time — on the suggestion, incidentally, of Peter Millea, the chairman of Liverpool City Council’s Hillsborough disaster working party.Heysel is a huge stain on Liverpool ’s history. It is undeniable. And yet none of this diminishes the club’s or the supporters’ right to grieve or to campaign or to express anger over what happened in Sheffield four years later.

Justice for the 39 Liverpool Style.
Is It Wrong to Want Liverpool to Win the Title in View of Hillsborough on 18:40 - Apr 15 with 2558 viewsRangersAreBack

Is It Wrong to Want Liverpool to Win the Title in View of Hillsborough on 18:11 - Apr 15 by Brightonhoop

Kin 'ell fellas have a bit of grace. Several children were killed, one boy as young as 10. Went to the football and never came home.

Leave the scummier views to the knuts up the road.

I would gladly support the 25th anniversary if it were a rare moment of reflection. Unfortunately constant coverage and self-pity over the past 25 years has rather rendered this anniversary meaningless.
Is It Wrong to Want Liverpool to Win the Title in View of Hillsborough on 19:07 - Apr 15 with 2549 viewsBrightonhoop

Is It Wrong to Want Liverpool to Win the Title in View of Hillsborough on 18:40 - Apr 15 by RangersAreBack

I would gladly support the 25th anniversary if it were a rare moment of reflection. Unfortunately constant coverage and self-pity over the past 25 years has rather rendered this anniversary meaningless.

Seriously? Not one prosecution RaB, not one. Knuts drawing a pension for all these years. I doubt we'll ever agree but it could have been any Club in the day, including us. 25 years without justice where parents lost children, fathers, brothers, is a big ask of anyone.
Is It Wrong to Want Liverpool to Win the Title in View of Hillsborough on 19:29 - Apr 15 with 2527 viewspaulparker

Is It Wrong to Want Liverpool to Win the Title in View of Hillsborough on 19:07 - Apr 15 by Brightonhoop

Seriously? Not one prosecution RaB, not one. Knuts drawing a pension for all these years. I doubt we'll ever agree but it could have been any Club in the day, including us. 25 years without justice where parents lost children, fathers, brothers, is a big ask of anyone.

no denying Brighton that those who died were innocents,
the fans who would get there early to get a good place, the fans who would buy a ticket
no denying the emergency services were inadequate
the police , Authorities & consecutive governments have been a disgrace in the cover up
the families deserve the truth
but there is no denying that Liverpool fans who didn't have tickets, those who steamed the gates, which they did through out the seventies & eighties helped cause this to
now in my eyes someone is either going to be scapegoat in this or the government settle out of court
I think what gets peoples backs up is this National Mourning, the extensive media coverage the fact its rammed down our throats 24-7 the fact that clubs like us, Norwich,luton,wimbledon etc were barred from Europe through them is something I wont forgive, lets be honest they would rather sweep Heysel under the carpet
on the day they are grieving they lob bricks at the man city fans
there has been other disasters, Glasgow rangers , & Bradford but they don't get the coverage they deserve because they were innocent fans as well

Is It Wrong to Want Liverpool to Win the Title in View of Hillsborough on 19:33 - Apr 15 with 2523 viewsQPR442

Agree it's so sad that people got killed going to football and should it never happen.
I am just fed up with all the media circus that is hyping it all up.

It's a can of worms this justice for fans thing. I saw a documentary some time back that said loads of fans had counterfeit tickets so who is responsible?
Some blame police
Some blame the fans
Some even blame the FA.
At the end of the day 96 people died and no real answers will come out of it
Is It Wrong to Want Liverpool to Win the Title in View of Hillsborough on 19:45 - Apr 15 with 2512 viewsQPR1882

Is It Wrong to Want Liverpool to Win the Title in View of Hillsborough on 19:07 - Apr 15 by Brightonhoop

For 25 years the family, friends etc have campaigned for justice for there loved ones and i applaud them and good for them getting the justice they deserve.

What i cant abide is the way Liverpool fc have held themselves 100% blameless for that day. Anyone that went to football then knew about the reputation of Liverpool fans mugging fans for tickets, turning up late and rushing gates. we have all seen the photos of MASSES of fans outside the ground 5 minutes before kick off, some of those were there due to the incompetence of the police,the FA and Sheff wed but some were there because they turned up late from local pubs without tickets.

I see 2 different situations here whilst i support the campaign for the loss of 96 football fans from there loved ones i hate the way Liverpool FC has swept any blame to there name under the carpet.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024